Start by marking “DMZ Deluxe Edition Book Four” as Want to Read:
DMZ Deluxe Edition Book Four

DMZ Deluxe Edition Book Four

(DMZ #8-10)

New York City... otherwise known as the no man’s land in this second American civil war.  Cut off from his support system and family, rookie journalist Matty Roth remains the lone voice for those left behind in the world’s most dangerous war zone.

Instead embracing a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to document the city under siege with a classic journalist’s objectivity, Mat
Published July 7th 2015 by Vertigo

To ask other readers questions about DMZ Deluxe Edition Book Four, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about DMZ Deluxe Edition Book Four

Start your review of DMZ Deluxe Edition Book Four
Baba
Jun 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A hard time for Matty sees the end of a naïve idea of an independent New York in the worse possible way. I read the comic books #44 to #59 that are covered by this Deluxe Edition. The final volume in this edition, #55 to #59 are ALL Five Star Reads - this volume called DMZ, Vol. 10: Collective Punishment is a masterpiece! Overall 9 out of 12 for all the books covered by this edition though.
Javier Muñoz
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic-books, comic-hc
Matty Roth se involucra peligrosamente en la defensa de la Nación Delgado y termina tomando una decisión de la que se arrepentirá siempre, el ejército de los estados unidos va cerrando el cerco sobre la DMZ, con intención de acabar la guerra lo antes posible.
Mike
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Another solid entry that definitely builds towards what I think will be an exciting conclusion. As good and consistent as the series has been, just a couple of things prevent me (yet again) from giving a five star review here.

Matty's character arc seemed, well, out of character to me, even with everything going on and the influences surrounding him. It doesn't permanently alter the series though, which was relieving. Also, there is a pivotal moment that seems portrayed as happening one way in t
Cale
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This edition includes several volumes which touch on Matty's fall from grace and his return to the DMZ a very different man. In short, this is the volume where Matty really starts growing up. But honestly, this volume's highest points aren't about Matty at all - there's a whole collection of single issues focusing on other characters in the DMZ, either in full issues or short stories as part of the Issue 50. And these are mighty - Almost every one of them brought a lump to my throat - especially ...more
Brendan
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
4.5

DMZ is starting to conclude a few of the various storylines and I feel it is the right time. Wood let the last volume slip a little with quality and storylines that just ballooned too much for me. I initially enjoyed the series for the more central focused storyline.

Why the 4.5?

Big improvement for me and I think the next volume is in a good position to close out the series. DMZ is an interesting storyline and Brian Wood has been quite consistent with his plotting and character arcs. I'm stil
Karl
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rebekah Isaacs, Dave Gibbons, Andrea Mutti, Nathan Fox, Cliff Chiang, Danijel Zezelj , David Lapham were the standout guest artists in this Volume. Wood continues his spot on fantastic writing. I’m looking forward to Book 5, the conclusion.
Matthew WK
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. Continues to be a great story. The one shots in this volume were outstanding. Going to be a sad day when the story closes at the end of the next volume.
Shannon Appelcline
Jul 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, comics-indy
Hearts & Minds (45-49). "What the f*** happened to you Matty?" It's a great question that pretty much encapsulates this arc. We've seen Matty's devolution over four years, and here he hits rock bottom. It's a powerful character arc that's unfortunately hampered by some uneven writing, such as a hit that comes out of nowhere at the end of #45 and a somewhat unbelievable mistake at the end of #48. Still, it's an interesting story, and it's clearly a part of Matty's big story in DMZ. [7/10].

Notes f
Matthieu
Nov 26, 2016 rated it liked it
M.i.
May 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Matty Roth is in over his heads, which is nothing new, but in this volume, the stakes couldn't be higher. One has to sympathize with him because no matter how much he tries to do the right thing, it ends up backfiring. It does seem by going back to the DMZ and refusing to take the caveats offered at the end of the story, that he's finally at peace with himself and whatever consequences might come after that.
Campo
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Matty goes full Parco in this volume and he has to deal with its consequences. It was always to much for him, and maybe that's the idea. This volume sets up everything in the end of the series.

Included in here are some one shot stories, some good, others regular and one In particular great.
David Fells
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This series never fails to deliver. I just wish there was more to come.
Charlie
Nov 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Not my favorite series just want to finish it..... ok read
Bryan
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love the art, characters, setting, everything
David

• Scalped: The Deluxe Edition Book Four
  • House of X / Powers of X
  • Scalped: The Deluxe Edition Book Two
  • Scalped: The Deluxe Edition Book Three
  • Young China: How the Restless Generation Will Change Their Country and the World
  • Saga: Book Three
  • Irredeemable Premier Vol. 2
  • Kill or Be Killed
  • The Fade Out: Act One
  • American Vampire, Vol. 4
  • The Fade Out: Act Three
  • The Fade Out: Act Two
  • Trillium
Brian Wood's history of published work includes over fifty volumes of genre-spanning original material.

From the 1500-page future war epic DMZ, the ecological disaster series The Massive, the American crime drama Briggs Land, and the groundbreaking lo-fi dystopia Channel Zero he has a 20-year track record of marrying thoughtful world-building and political commentary with compelling and diverse cha

DMZ (1 - 10 of 17 books)