Start by marking “Your Baby's First Word Will Be DADA” as Want to Read:
Your Baby's First Word Will Be DADA

Your Baby's First Word Will Be DADA

Your baby's first word will be . . .

"Dada!"

Right?

Everyone knows that fathers wage a secret campaign to ensure that their babies' first word is "Dada!"

But how does it work?
One of the most popular entertainers in the world and NBC's The Tonight Show host, Jimmy Fallon, shows you how.
Board Book, 34 pages
Published June 9th 2015 by Feiwel & Friends

To ask other readers questions about Your Baby's First Word Will Be DADA, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Baby's First Word Will Be DADA

Start your review of Your Baby's First Word Will Be DADA
Minna
Aug 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
WOW, why all the hate for this book?

Uh oh, I'm sensing a rant coming on.

So. You resent that Jimmy Fallon is a celebrity, and had the star status and money to not only write a book but promote the hell out of it? That because he is famous, his book got written?

I have news for you. He is FAR from the first. There are many, many MANY books out there - I work at a library, and I've seen them firsthand - published on that basis. Seriously. There are thousands.

I'd like to add, that lots of them are
Beth
Jun 13, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The book itself is kind of cute, but here's why I'm giving this book one star: the only thing selling this book is the name on the cover. There is actually no story here. So saying that Jimmy Fallon "wrote" this book is laughable. OK. Yeah. He had an idea for a children's picture book. Whatever. But then for the publisher to make the incredibly ungracious decision to not only leave the illustrator's name off the cover but also include no bio information of the artist on the back flap next to ...more
Jon Nakapalau
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Funny book...should be of interest to Jimmy Fallon fans and children alike.
Liz
Jul 14, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: picture-books, celebs
I hate when people I like and admire write bad books. I also hate how everyone has suddenly decided that they can write children's books. Writing books for children is an art form and I don't need to crowd my shelves with more garbage from celebrities that publish books because they can.
Valerie
Jul 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful book. As a therapist for the birth to three set, this will be added to my library of staple books, right up there with Brown Bear, Brown Bear. I am very disappointed that the last line was not,mama. That would have been both true and funny Jimmy Fallon. Please consider for future publications ;)
Nikki Williams
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
My son loves this book and has since we first read it when he was eight months old. It is one of the few books he actually sits and actively engages with. It is a book for babies, people, so if your child is not a baby, don't bash it.
Laura Harrison
Jun 17, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I am cool with celebrities wanting to be published. Seeing your work in print and brought to life with cute illustrations is super awesome. What I am not cool with is publishers producing a bad book and promoting the heck out of it. Either help the author make the book better or just don't do it. For goodness sake this title has been produced as a board and picture book simultaneously. So many way more worthy books that could use a fraction of that promotion and financial backing headed their ...more
Jessica
Jun 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Simple, but humorous. Perfect for Daddy and their little one. I think that it fits Jimmy Fallon's personality as a father perfectly. If you expect the humor that you get on a late night, no-children-allowed show, then don't get this book.
Tova
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
Okay. That was interesting. I picked this book up at my local library because there were too many books on the shelf and I'd been shelving stuff got a good 45 minutes already. This probably took JF about 2 minutes to write. The illustrations were decent. Like I could have written this book, people in my class who hate reading or writing could have written this book. But it's a book that you'd read to a very little baby. And I mean a very little baby It would do better in board book form in my ...more
David Schaafsma
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picturebooks
The whole family is reading all these Goodreads Children's Illustrated book nominees for 2015 and rating all of them. This is #19 of 20 for us.

I will contend that the ONLY reason this makes the list is because it sold a lot of copies (on Amazon, so the list becomes a marketing tool? Just a guess) and it sold a lot of copies because it is written by Jimmy Fallon. And the premise is sorta amusing, that Dads all want their kid's first word to be dada. But it is flat, not strong, and the art is just
Camie
Feb 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ok I love Jimmy Fallon, he makes me laugh, and that's not easy to do (it might be because I'm tired , but still it works.) This book is more for my son even though it's my grandaughter's ( Feb. selection) since he is so very proud of his girls and also pretty competitive. Really we've known for years this is what men do while they're in charge; come on baby, "say dada" first, lol.
Roy Mcknerney
Jun 15, 2015 rated it did not like it
This is one of the worst childrens' books I've ever read. How it got published is a mystery to me. It is repetitive nonsense with boring illustrations.
Teri-K
Hands down, this is my 16-month-old grandson's favorite book. I've been visiting for 6 weeks now and I doubt a day has gone by that he hasn't brought me this book to read to him - over and over and over. One day I drew the line at eight straight re-readings, though. And it's not just me. Everyone else in the family reads it to him, too.

There is only one word per page for most of the book, the word "Dada" from the father animal and the corresponding animal sound from the baby. My grandson thinks
Mehsi
I saw this one pop up on my twitter feed from the publisher, and after checking some things, I saw that I just wanted to read this book. This isn't because there is such a famous name attached to it, that is only a small factor. I just love picture books, and I have heard that Jimmy Fallon is quite a funny person, the illustrations also look great. Mix those together and you got my reasons why I wanted to try this book out.

I can honestly say that I am delighted with this tiny book, of course it
Dawn Rutherford
Feb 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
I was surprised by this book, despite its very simple premise. It is just as much a fun animal sound book as a humor book for parents with overly determined fathers. Very cute and fun illustrations that make this one joke book actually work as intended.
I loved this book but come on Jimmy - it might have been your idea but the real credit here should go to Miguel Ordonez. This book wouldn't be anything without the pictures and you couldn't even share cover or end flap space? That's ridiculous.
Karin
Aug 13, 2015 rated it did not like it
I love Jimmy Fallon, but this book is terrible. It is clear that he only got it published because of who he is. Kids will NOT get that the parent is saying DADA in an attempt to get the kids to say it. If anything, this is more parent humor. UGH!
Ms BookAholic
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-books
This was a cute little read. My baby girl's first words we're Dada. My daughter enjoyed this book and the pictures! It made her giggle and smile! I would recommend it.
Brenda A
Jun 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
So many naysayers! I love Jimmy Fallon, so maybe I am a bit biased. I got this as a board book because my sister recently just had her first baby. I had already gotten Love You Forever for her, since it was the book she and I both grew up on. But I wanted to get something for her husband too, so he could have something to read with baby.

I found this little gem while wandering through Barnes and Noble. It's simple, and very short. It is a slew of barnyard animals trying to get their babies to
Samantha
Pairs of farm animal dads and their children are showcased in spreads in which the dad tries to get the child to say "Dada." The father animals are shown with angry, frustrated looks on their faces, while each farm baby makes the sound it's supposed to make (i.e. cow baby moos, mouse baby squeaks etc).

There's not a lot going on here. The formula is simple and the big pay off in the end is supposed to be all the farm babies saying "Dada" together excepting the duck baby who still quacks.

Skip
A
Jul 06, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Illustrations were great! Could've been executed better. In my opinion, it may be confusing to some small children.
Susan Crowe
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Adorable! And funny!
Robert
Aug 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A perfect book for a concerned father of an impressionable 8-month-old daughter on the path to "mama".
Jacob
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun!
Leslie
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another book I read to my son every day. Its precious, but Im done with it. ...more
Mr. Cody
My wife likes this book more than I do.
Eyehavenofilter
Slightly disappointed in this attempt at a "baby" book. The illustrations are minimal at best, not up to par for someone like Fallon. It 's obvious that it 's meant to be read to a very small child. If it had been several pages longer, and I would have liked it much better. Better luck next time, and I'm sure there will be more books to follow.
Cindy Kleback
Jun 13, 2015 rated it it was ok
Meh. Disappointed in this one. I expected more than I got.
Jeniece Goellner
Ok, so why I might be campaigning for "mama" to be my daughters first word, I can't deny the charm of this book. Fun animal noises interspersed with the ever present word "dada". But what really drew me in was the illustrations by Miguel Ordóñez. His work is the star of the book and elevates it for me, despite lacking any true story. I do want to see what Jimmy Fallon's follow-up "Everything is Mama" is like, but waiting for the board book since that is what I have this one in.
Erika
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: board-books, 2018
I used this book as a choral reader with my Book Babies storytime group! Jimmy Fallon really wanted his baby's first word to be Dada! And it worked. Haha. For an early literacy tip, I talked about how speaking in "parentese" (elongating words and speaking in higher pitched tones), helps babies separate sounds and break words apart--very important skills in learning how to talk. :)

• The Going to Bed Book
  • On the Night You Were Born
  • Moo, Baa, La La La!
  • Little Blue Truck
  • Rocket Science for Babies
  • I Love You Through and Through
  • Snuggle Puppy! (Boynton on Board)
  • Barnyard Dance
  • If Animals Kissed Good Night
  • Welcome Little One
  • Quantum Physics for Babies
  • Baby Bear, Baby Bear, What Do You See?
  • The Pout-Pout Fish
  • I Love You, Stinky Face
  • Doggies: A Counting and Barking Book
  • Pride & Prejudice : A BabyLit Counting Primer
  • Dr. Seuss's ABC: An Amazing Alphabet Book!
  • Giraffes Can't Dance
James Thomas Fallon, Jr. is an American comedian, actor, and musician known for his work on Saturday Night Live. He is also scheduled to become the host of Late Night in 2009.