Start by marking “Behind the Lens (Boys of Fallout, #2)” as Want to Read:
Behind the Lens (Boys of Fallout, #2)

Behind the Lens

(Boys of Fallout #2)

Natalie Scott's life is simple with no strings attached. As a band photographer, she's made metal music her life, and life on tour means no relationships.
At least not ones that last and that's the way she likes it.
She only has one rule.
Don't date or otherwise screw around with the client.
But she never said anything about love.
Brent Andrews knows Natalie's rules.
And he's ab
Published March 14th 2017 by Show n'ot Tell Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Behind the Lens, please sign up.
Cassandra Giovanni Yes, this is a Boys of Fallout book -- for some reason I can't get GR to update the information or change the cover.

✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

21 year old Natalie is pretty much living her dream life. She's working as a photographer for bands. She's going on tour with them to capture the exciting daily tour-life.
She's been doing that for three years now - but her stupid ex is getting in the way of her living happily ever after with her dream job. He was in the first band Nat ever worked for - and it didn't end on a good note. Not at all. He's a horrible guy!
But now Nat's back at work for a metal band called MAKESHIFT CHEMISTRY.
And she
Anne Huart (Books & Tea)

"All I can think is how hard I'm falling.
And if I'll let him catch me"

Reading is a very personal process. Some books you will like, some you will hate. Some authors will have a direct connection to your heart. Cassandra Giovanni seems to be one of them for me.
Every book she writes is a hit for me. I can always relate to the characters and I love the messages she delivers with them.

Behind the Lens might be the best demonstration of her work so far.

Basically,
If you love stories about people o

Karen
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked it.
K.A. Graham
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Behind The Lens (Boys of Fallout Book 2) by Cassandra Giovanni

☆☆☆5 stars☆☆☆

Natalie loves her life of photography and metal bands. She may get slack from many people for it, but when it's your passion, who can stop you? She has one simple rule, due to chaos of the past..."Never date anyone you work for."

Touring with Makeshift Chemistry, Natalie finds herself in an all too familiar situation with a certain Brent Andrews. He's not your typical douchebag metal head, and I instantly fell in love wit
DJ Sakata
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult, rocker
Favorite Quotes:

I’m not falling. I feel like I’ve landed.

When he sings, parts of me shift back into place, and somehow, I feel like the holes in the fabric of who I am come together.

Because ever since I met you, every day I’ve felt like I’m a better person – like I’m actually living my dream, when before I was just walking in someone else’s.

My Review:

Behind the Lens was a high angst, music based, melodrama/NA romance. I longed for a more balanced emotional tone but I found enjoyment in Ms. Giova
Cyndi Becker
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I practically salivate when I find out that Cassandra Giovanni has a new book. She's set my standard for great coming of age stories and has completely pulled me into the world of the boys of fallout. To me Behind the Lens is obviously an effort of passion and love for ones craft, reflecting Giovanni's love for photography and music. The story feels genuine and heartfelt, everything just flows and unfolds with great consideration. Our heroine Natalie has good cause to be guarded, and Brett, one ...more
Bobbi
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am absolutely loving this series. Natalie falls in with another band with heartbreak and anger still weighing heavily on her shoulders. The band excepts her for who she is and become very protective of her especially when things start to unfold. Love blooms even though she fights it. Cassandra Giovanni pulls you straight into her world making you feel as though you are right there experiencing it right along with the characters.
Charlotte Lynn
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I devoured Behind the Lens. The characters in the band were realistic. They were truly best friends who fought, argued, played, and laughed while traveling around the country and playing with music. Natalie has rules that she makes her self follow after getting burned with one of bands she traveled with. Brent has taken it upon himself to break all those rules but he is breaking them for the right reasons.

Lisa
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
Behind the Lens by Cassandra Giovanni is the second book in her Boys of Fallout series. This focuses on another band managed by Fallout Records and a talented photographer, Natalie Scott, and the lead "screamer" in the band, Brent Andrews.

Told from Natalie's POV we learn about her past relationship and the lasting scars it has left on her and her trust issues. She may be falling for Brent slowly but surely but she is determined to keep it completely professional and to never go through what she
Ddkmc95
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Natalie is a 'free lance' band photographer, that is, she travels with bands and photographs their lives on tour. She has a bad history from dating a member of a former client and now has a hard and fast rule about never dating clients. She is now on tour with a new band, Makeshift Chemistry, and is fighting the chemistry with one of the band members. Brent, is one of the band's vocalists aka the Screamer, and Natalie's unofficial 'tour guide'....he is also intrigued by her. While the rest of th ...more
Heather Merriman
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars. My first book by this author and I enjoyed it. I definitely like a good rockstar story.
Natalie lands a new job for the band Makeshift Chemistry. She immediately has a connection with Brent Andrews but she has already been there done that! She’s learned her lesson and now her one rule is not to get involved with anyone in a gig. She’s already been burned before and she’s not going down that road again. But Brent is determined. He can’t deny the strong attraction between them. Can he c
EndlessReading
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
21 year old Natalie Scott is living the her dream.

She's working as a photographer for bands touring around states, capturing their exciting tour-life.

Natalie has rules, one she especially vows to never break again especially after getting burned with one of the bands she previously travelled with.

The attraction between Natalie and Brent is undeniable. Yet, it takes some time for them to admit
M
Dec 31, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This author and narrator are both new to me and I was excited to give this book a go. Natalie is a professional band photographer and living on the road means no relationships, but when she’s hired to work for Makeshift Chemistry her rules on relationships are tested. She is instantly attracted to singer Brent Andrews. He is swoony, sweet and definitely has a thing for Nat. If you are looking for a clean, sweet, rocker romance with low angst and an HEA, then give Behind The Lens a go. The narrat ...more
Nicole Strand
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I reviewed the first book in the series, Out of Beat, and I was SO excited when the author asked me to review the others! Cassandra Giovanni is an amazing author who weaves an amazing storyline.

Natalie is a fiercely independent character who can't stand being in one place for too long. Brent is a swoon worthy screamer in a band she's photographing on tour.

I binge read this book in an afternoon, that's how good it is! You guys do not want to miss this series!
Brooke
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
The struggles someone has to overcome after a bad breakup varies depending on the people themselves. In this books case it was definitely something that took a while as well as someone special to make it past that and see a future with someone else. I loved watching the feelings bloom between these two and this book definitely had a perfect ending.
Nicole Collins
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Natalie has a job most people would kill for. Doing something they love daily. Also, any young woman would kill to be around all that hotness. Hanging out with hot rockers in a tour bus. Yum! The trials she has faced made her an amazing character in this book. I highly recommend this series.
Monique
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I enjoyed this title but found it a bit anticlimactic.
Nikki Kitchen
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read the first book in this series and really liked it and I'm glad I continued on with the series. This book is entertaining and the characters are fun. The book doesn't have sexually content, but it does have chemistry. My only complaint in the language, the swearing is horrible and annoying. It adds nothing to the story. I hope this series continues, though this book didn't set up another like the first book did.
Sophie
Nov 11, 2017
Goodreads Librari...: Series issue 5 194 Feb 07, 2017 02:18PM
  • Catching a Fallen Starr
  • Ride A Painted Pony
  • Color Blind (Team Red, #2)
  • Chase the Lightning
  • Leander (Royal Elite, #4)
  • Rocked in the Dark (Rocked, #7)
  • Lady Vivian Defies a Duke (Beau Monde #4)
  • My Outlaw
  • Married to a Perfect Stranger
  • Love Came Just in Time (MacLeod, #2.5, 2.7 & 2.8; de Piaget 4.5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #2.5, 3.5, 5.5 & 6.5)
  • Trenton: Lord of Loss (Lonely Lords, #10)
  • Deeper Than the Night
  • The Burning Shadow (Origin, #2)
  • Unspoken: The Epilogue (Woodlands, #2.1)
Cassandra doesn't remember a time when she wasn't writing. In fact, the first time she was published was when she was seven years old and won a contest to be published in an American Girl Doll novel. Since then Cassandra has written more novels than she can count and put just as many in the circular bin. Her personal goal with her writing is to show the reader the character's stories through their ...more

Boys of Fallout (3 books)
  • Out of Beat (Boys of Fallout, #1)
  • Rebel Cause (Boys of Fallout, #3)