Start by marking “Aloha!” as Want to Read:
Aloha!

Aloha!

With the ringing Hawaiian greeting of "Aloha!" Chieko N. Okazaki welcomes us into a garden of goodness where the gospel has the zing and zest of ginger. Sister Okazaki shares insights from the scriptures that are personal and practical. Christ is not just the way, the truth, and the life, she reminds us. He wants to be our way, our truth, and our life. The Christian way is ...more
Published October 20th 2010 by Deseret Book (first published January 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Aloha!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aloha!

Start your review of Aloha!
Dannis Cole
This was my first Chieko Okazaki book, after I heard her talk of the same name. Her books are easy to read a quick chapter at a time, and each chapter is an example of what she's teaching. It's all about how to find that balance between trying to please your family, do the necessary things, and yet find a way to rest, recharge, and do the things that matter from an eternal perspective.

Her writing style is very easy to read, and profound. I would read a chapter and think about it all day, before
Erin
Jul 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction, mormon
I'm always grateful for what I learn from Okazaki, and I hope to be the kind of Mormon she is some day. The idea that has shifted my world view in this one were her sections on prayer. It made me realize the importance of approaching God authentically - not worrying that He'll find our anger or doubt offensive, but knowing that He loves us and knows us perfectly already, and we can gain so much by letting Him succor us in the midst of those feelings.

This did feel more like a collection of
Pat
Apr 29, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Chieko N. Okazaki reminds us of commonsense solutions to life's problems. Instead of moaing about our problems she tells us to chose happiness: "Our happiness doesn't come because we have somehow managed to eliminate all problems...our happiness comes to us mingled with those problems and imperfections."
This book uplifts your mood.
X
I don't read a lot of religious nonfiction, but I found this collection of talks touching. The author comes across as a very kind, charitable person who truly cares about her fellow children of God. The book is primarily targeted at LDS women but I'd recommend the book for any Christian (or any non-Christian with an interest in Christian books...)
Megan
Oct 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-reads
Inspiring. Chieko Okazaki is an example of a strong Mormon woman and one I very much want to emulate. She makes me want to be a better Christian without feeling bad about myself for the things I haven't gotten down yet.
Kelly
Feb 03, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
great read
Marla Milligan
Feb 22, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a fun read and the author does a good job giving insight on challenges in life - enjoyed it alot.
Dad
May 29, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lds
This book was important in the lives of my wife and me. We read it individually and together. The principles espoused helped us alot.
Becky
Oct 03, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love her style and warm sense of humor. She's very inspiring. I read it a long time ago, but remember I liked it.
Julia
Nov 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Love Chieko so much. She is full of unique insight and overflowing with love and compassion.
Gail
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another excellent book during my spiritual feast weekend. There were so many similar subjects covered in both books, that I wondered if this was message for me for learning I need in my life. OK, I really didn't wonder, I KNOW it was for me at this time. And then, the second to last chapter was about the Gospel Doctrine class lesson I'm teaching on Sunday. It was surreal to see the title of the lesson in one of the early paragraphs of the chapter!
Marcy
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Truly inspiring book!
Jane
Mar 26, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love how she teaches how to bring Christianity into every aspect of life.
Michelle
Apr 30, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book when I was a Mia Maid and it is great!
Angie
Mar 08, 2009
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Christlike Parenting: Taking the Pain Out of Parenting
  • Muddy: Where Faith and Polygamy Collide -- A Historical Novel
  • Healing Hearts (Savage Wells, #2)
  • Insights from a Prophet’s Life: Russell M. Nelson
  • Seeking Persephone (The Lancaster Family, #1)
  • Courting Miss Lancaster (The Lancaster Family, #2)
  • California Bound
  • Broken Places (Cass Raines, #1)
  • Can I Get an Amen? Celebrating the Lord in Everyday Life
  • Erma's Attic (Angels of the Appalachians #2)
  • Invisible Heroes of World War II: True Stories That Should Never Be Forgotten
  • Temple Symbolism in The New Testament
  • In Defense Of The Faith
  • Amazing Grace: The Tender Mercies of the Lord
  • The Continuous Atonement
  • The Heavens Are Open
  • Random Acts (Joanna Brady, #16.6; Ali Reynolds, #11.5)
  • Earthly Remains (Commissario Brunetti, #26)
Chieko N. Okazaki was the first non-Caucasian to serve on a general board of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and was a counselor in the general Relief Society presidency from 1990 to 1997. She is the author of several bestselling books and tapes. She and her husband, the late Ed Okazaki, have two sons.