Start by marking “The Naughtiest Girl Is a Monitor (Naughtiest Girl Series, Book 3)” as Want to Read:
The Naughtiest Girl Is a Monitor (Naughtiest Girl Series, Book 3)

The Naughtiest Girl Is a Monitor (The Naughtiest Girl #3)

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  3,535 Ratings  ·  61 Reviews
When Elizabeth Allen is chosen to be a school monitor, she's delighted. But she soon finds out just what a responsible job it is. The harder she tries, the worse she behaves! Will the naughtiest girl in the school EVER learn to be good?
Published 2007 by Hodder (first published 1940)

Tyas
Sep 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: general-children
One thing about Whyteleafe, the school The Naughtiest Girl (namely Elizabeth Allen) goes to: it's not a single-sexed school like other boarding schools in other series made by Enid Blyton (except for St. Rollo, but then it's a standalone, not a series). When boys and girls go to the same school, there can be different types of drama. No, non-platonic/non-familial love and sex are of course virtually non-existent from Blyton's work, but the way the characters interact just makes me grin, as if th ...more
Paul
I may be overthinking this, it being a book for readers very much younger than I, but this otherwise entertaining tale suffers from two reasonably large failings:

1. The ending felt very much tacked on and more than a little random.

2. The conflict between the protagonist and the major antagonist goes absolutely nowhere.

Other than that, this was OK.
Ana
Mar 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A autora é, de facto, brilhante e fez um trabalho notável, conseguindo que os seus livros se tornem intemporais
Yue
The first book of the saga remains my favorite but this one was better than the 2nd one. This one has several elements in common with the first book, like, for example, Elizabeth gets in trouble and no one wants to be her friend. There are 4 new kids too: Arabella, who is vain; Rosemary, a shy girl; Martin, who has no friends, and Julian, funny and intelligent. The one thing I missed was Joan as Elizabeth's best friend. She barely appears in the story. But Elizabeth continues being naughty even ...more
Jacquie South
Aug 20, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just finished reading this to the kids, who, once again enjoyed a classic Blyton book - even though they are boys. In my opinion, the best of the series, with Elizabeth dealing with some big issues and coming through her hardest term at Whyteleafe school.
I Read
Apr 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
A childhood favourite...as are all three of the Elizabeth Allen series.
Majd Abdulghani
I read this book when I was 13 and I loved it. It's the first Enid Blyton book I read, and it's the first book that made me realise books can make you high xP. It'll stay with me forever =D.
Carolynne
Oct 28, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Elizabeth Allen (the former naughtiest girl) is a monitor! Can you believe it? She tries to set a good example, but things will just go wrong. She takes her new responsibilities so seriously her that she actually accuses her friend Julian of stealing. The Naughtiest Girl series is my favorite Blyton series. Elizabeth is so real. And the school is pretty progressive even by today's standards--students decide what they are permitted and what infractions deserve punishments. They are encouraged to ...more
Bianca
Jun 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is the third book of the whole series, Enid Blyton has been one of my full time favourite author! The fist few books are quite good, but in the middle, it started to turn not-so-interesting.
Sunshine
Arabella who?
Neti Triwinanti
Apr 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Semester 3 di Whyteleafe, Elizabeth Allen mulai menjalankan tanggung jawabnya sebagai Pengawas. Sayangnya setiap kali dia berusaha melakukan apapun dengan sebaik-baiknya, setiap kali itu juga dia terjerat dalam kesulitan.
Buku ini sebagian besar menceritakan tentang ELizabeth si pengawas dengan Julian yang bandel serta Arabella yang angkuh dan sombong. Oh juga dengan Martin Follet yang telah mengacaukan persahabatan Elizabeth dan Julian. Karena ulah Martin, secara tidak langsung Elizabeth harus d
Yasara T.
May 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read this series twice. It's really interesting. So real. I felt sad when I finish reading. Couldn't even find the next series...
I wish I could go back to a school. To Whyteleafe or to an awesome shcool. There should be more schools like Whyteleafe in this county. Letting the children solve their problems with the help and guidance of teachers (in serious cases) who deserves punishments and all. Just great. You should read it too... =)
Cherie (Myst)
Elizabeth, the previous naughtiest girl in the school, is now a monitor and in charge of many of the new Children at Whyteleaf School. Of course this is not as easy as it seems, as all of the children have new personalities to deal with as they settle in to school. Elizabeth ends up in many good and bad situations and deals with them in her usual stubborn but fair way. Still a fun book.
Erin
Dec 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I always enjoy the 'lessons' in Blyton's books :) For some reason, I don't think I particularly pursued this series when I was young, although I devoured (and still devour) the St Clare's and Malory Towers books... but now I love these just as much! A younger set of children and a mixed-sex school (how forward-thinking! hehe!) and lots of fun :)
Herjuno
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Keren haha, bisa melihat bagaimana Enid Blyton memberikan insight-insight kepada anak usia sekolah melalui cerita di dalamnya, insight ini juga cukup menarik bagi saya yang sudah "cukup berumur" karena melihat bagaimana sifat-sifat dari masing-masing anak dan bagaimana mereka memecahkan permasalahan mereka, dan uniknya buku ini juga menyisipkan sedikit tentang sosialisme, recommended sih
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
brilliant
Sahil (w7)
Apr 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was a well-written story.
Kayla Vermaak
Jul 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book, however not the best one.
Hannah
Jun 20, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-books
Nice follow-up to the first, and it's quite interesting to see how much she's changed from her initial rebel stage. Great fun; makes boarding school sound so attractive.
Sally
Slightly crazy that naughty Elizabeth became a monitor so fast - I'd not have trusted her for such a duty for another few terms yet!
Cj_
Oct 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
hey>>>
lets u have to think.
how if you were in the dome and you can doing what tou want??????

i love it...
Deeta
Jul 15, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cerita bangsanya Malory Towers. Kocak.. Dan ternyata kehidupan di asrama menyenangkan. Jadi pengeen..
Alice.t
Jun 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Now your probably thinking that I'm adicted to this series....... And your right! This series just gets better and better!
Hil
Re-reading these at age 34, I can fully see why I loved them at age 9, and parts of them have stuck with me vividly despite only reading them once. I think I learned a lot from them.
Rahmadiyanti
Gue banget! :D
Aanchal
Oct 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it is a wonderful book!!!
Jane
Jun 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ditto!! Book # 1
Paula Nichols
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What memories!! It only took me an hour or two to read, but you can't beat a bit of Blyton! Such a story of a bygone era of politeness and respect, and it makes boarding school sound like a lovely place to be!
Dinda Sigmawaty
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Ini novel favorit waktu zaman sd. Harus baca lagi!
  • The Naughtiest Girl Wants to Win (The Naughtiest Girl, #9)
  • The Third Form at St. Clare's (St. Clare's, #7)
  • Jo of the Chalet School (The Chalet School, #2)
  • Än lever Emil i Lönneberga
  • The Famous Five And The Mystery Of The Emeralds (Knight Books)
  • Manxmouse
  • Mrs. Pepperpot Stories
  • The Adventures of Milly-Molly-Mandy
Enid Mary Blyton (1897 - 1968) was an English author of children's books.

Born in South London, Blyton was the eldest of three children, and showed an early interest in music and reading. She was educated at St. Christopher's School, Beckenham, and - having decided not to pursue her music - at Ipswich High School, where she trained as a kindergarten teacher. She taught for five years before her 192
More about Enid Blyton...

The Naughtiest Girl (10 books)
  • The Naughtiest Girl in the School (The Naughtiest Girl, #1)
  • The Naughtiest Girl Again (The Naughtiest Girl, #2)
  • Ini Dia si Paling Badung (The Naughtiest Girl, #4)
  • The Naughtiest Girl Keeps a Secret (The Naughtiest Girl, # 5)
  • The Naughtiest Girl Helps a Friend (The Naughtiest Girl, #6)
  • The Naughtiest Girl Saves the Day (The Naughtiest Girl, #7)
  • Well Done, The Naughtiest Girl! (The Naughtiest Girl, #8)
  • The Naughtiest Girl Wants to Win (The Naughtiest Girl, #9)
  • The Naughtiest Girl Marches On (The Naughtiest Girl, #10)
“You simply never know about people,’ thought Elizabeth. ‘You think because they’re timid they’ll always be timid, or because they’re mean they’ll always be mean. But they can change awfully quickly if they are treated right.” 7 likes
“CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE MARTIN GIVES ELIZABETH A SURPRISE” 0 likes