Start by marking “Ascension (The Gates Legacy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Ascension (The Gates Legacy, #3)

Ascension

(The Gates Legacy #3)

Release date: January 8, 2015

Rohnert comes from a long line of pure-blooded vampires. Quiet and principled, he is known for his combat expertise and is beloved by peers and students alike. Having broken away from the Vampire Council, Rohnert has nothing to do with the affairs of the elite group of Elders, which is being run into the ground by Goran, a former friend and all
Paperback, First Edition, 444 pages
Published January 8th 2015 by The Writer's Coffee Shop Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Ascension, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ascension

1-Click Addict Support Group
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
In this book there are beautiful, happy, infuriating, and heartbreaking moments. Ascension is the best book in this series, but it is also the most devastating. I went into this story thinking it was going to be a certain way, and to an extent it was, but that still didn't prepare me for everything. I was pleasantly surprised and heart-wrenchingly stunned.

I felt everything emotion when I was reading. I laughed and smiled, cried and denied, I felt angry and helpless, and felt so incredibly happy
Lori Divine
Nov 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I started this book feeling the same excitement I had when I finished Tormented. And true to form, the author picked up where she left off. She began with a bang and didn't let off until the end. This installment tugged at my heart, pulled at my heartstrings until I could no longer breathe. I won't give spoiler but I have to warn you, have enough tissues handy.

I'm anxiously awaiting the next book. This is a must-read.
Marta Cox
Nov 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This review is for the third book in the Gates Legacy series, Ascension and boy what a twisting ride it is! I'm primarily a lover of romance and paranormal is my favourite genre so when I first saw this series I was totally interested but now I'm in awe. Why? Well yes each book features a different couple coming together but it's the world buildng and journey that these characters take that makes this series for this reader an amazing read.
As this story begins those vampires who fight with Harr
KittyGrimm
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ascension is the third book of the Gates Legacy series. After reading two first books in this series I had really high expectations; and I must say all of them were fullfilled and more!

The main focus in this book is on Rohnert; who is a pure-blooded vampire and Dr. Shelly Anderson.
After one night together, Rohnert feels compelled to deny all the feelings he has for her, for he thinks he musn't let her get too close to him, and soon after that he disappears from her life.

After facing those harsh
Michelle (Adventure in Bookland)
After reading the first book in the Gates Legacy Hunted I became attached to Harrow and Jordan. Then I read the second book in the series and I became attached to Tor and Alison while falling further in love with Harrow and Jordan. Now I have finished the third installment and I can say I have grown attached to Rohnert and Shelly. When I first began this series, the multiple points of view confused me and I will confess I was not a fan, but now I can say I love that Lorenz Font has done this. As ...more
Wyndy
Oct 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-authors
It is hard to describe how I felt when reading this book. After coming off the high and sheer shock of the previous two, I was unsure what to think. After laughing and crying, and wanting to kill the author, I couldn't wait to read this third installment of The Gates Legacy to see what the heck happened with Tack Enterprises and the gang that survived books one and two!

In all honesty, I loved this book the most of the three so far. I absolutely fell in love with Rohnert and his suffer in silence
Dione Marks
Nov 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic read following our favorite group of vampires from Pritchard Tack enterprises. This one finally gets around to Rohnert and his story, and the birth of his and Shelly's child. I adore Rohnert and several things finally click into place for him, allowing him to finally realize he has to step up or allow Goran to continue his corrupt rule. There is action and love, corruption and secrets to be revealed. I cant wait for the next book to see what will happen next.
Tori Tee
Feb 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars
I have adored these books from the very start, and once again, this third offering from Ms Font doesn't fail to please. We pick right back up with our motley crew of vamps and humans as they do battle against the crazy Goran and his misguided attempts to control absolutely everything (he's a tad on the barmy side, but he's a good character to read so we'll let it slide a little longer).

As always, there was a superb continuation from the second book in the series. As someone who knew wha
Jeannie Zelos
Jan 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Ascension, The Gates Legacy Book 3, Lorenz Font
Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews
Genre: Paranormal, Romance
I struggled with this series to begin, but soon came to love the characters and the plots. It’s become far easier to follow now I’ve got a clear hook on who is who and how they fit into the story, and I think its that two strands part, with the Tack/Harrow group on one side and Goran and Co on the other with independent vampires, and humans in the middle that had me confused. Now its
R.E. Hargrave
Nov 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-received
Before you even think about cracking open Ascension, you’ll want to make sure you’ve read Hunted and Tormented, the first two books in the series, so that you’ll have an idea what is going on in the world of The Gates Legacy. There is a lot happening to be sure … hidden agendas, characters coming out of the woodwork, and general mayhem and madness ensue with each installment. And, as many should have learned by this third book, Ms. Font is not afraid to deal that killing blow.

From the first page
Daria
May 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
just amazingly intense...amazing, Its center Prophecy of Gastarius. Ms Font grabs you and keeps you immersed in the world she creates so lovingly. This book is another great addition to a amazing series. You will be on a emotional roller-coaster trying to keep up with the characters and their lives. Just when you think you have it down with whats going to happen, it shifts.. The passion, the betrayal the lasting effects... the deaths.

The pure blood vampire Rohnert and Dr. Shelly... It may be lo
Paige Helling
May 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
In this book there are beautiful, happy, infuriating, and heartbreaking moments. Ascension is the best book in this series, but it is also the most devastating. I went into this story thinking it was going to be a certain way, and to an extent it was, but that still didn't prepare me for everything. I was pleasantly surprised and heart-wrenchingly stunned.

Spunky N Sassy
Nov 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
~~~~Dee's ★★★★★ Review~~~~

Goran's tyranny has brought a great darkness upon the vampire race. His greed, lust of power, control and self glorification has endangered the existence of the pure blood vampires as well as all their traditions. A heavy brooding entity of death sprawls across the lives of both vampires and humans alike. However, there is a secret that is the key to the door of light and redemption.

The characters, the dialogue, the events, the fast pace and the roller coaster emotions
Babus
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It's not often that I get upset with an author, but it happened with this book. No, I didn't plot her death or anything, but the direction this story took completely rocked my world. I don't do spoilers, so I will only say that I messaged the author and asked her how she could do that to me. We're back in New York with Rohnert, Harrow, Tor, Cyrus, and the gang. I've missed these characters so much. The compound was under attack at the end of Tormented and that's where we begin this book. Goran c ...more
Tbird London
Nov 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2004
I was honored to beta read for Lorenz on Ascension and the first word that comes to mind when I try to describe this book is breath taking. The intensity and action that you have come to love in the first two books only gets bigger and better in Ascension. We finally see what happens to Shelly and Rohnert and if their future will even have a chance to survive. Lorenz gives us the answers we have been dying for regarding the disease that is invading the vampire community while new characters are ...more
Charmaine Cuerpo
Oct 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written! Lorenz Font never disappoints! She is a fresh new voice in Paranormal romance. She tells her story with a lively zest that transports a reader to the intriguing and interesting tales of another dimension, you'll never be sure what's going to happen next. Ascension, Gates Legacy book 3, is a mesmerizing Paranormal story overflowing with heartfelt emotions and dramatically life altering incidents. The action picks up in page one and never lets up. The fast-paced thriller keeps ...more
Cana
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Whilst not my favourite of the 3 books, it was still absolutely superb. Unfortunately work got in the way otherwise I think I would have read it in a matter of hours. The story progresses well from the previous book as do the characters. I think my only gripe is that in some parts it seemed slightly too simplistic, I appreciate it is a modern day book but it also belongs in the supernatural and current terms and phrases just seem out of place in this book. However, that is just my personal opini ...more
Lady
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Must End Goran!

This series must be read in order. The first book is Hunted. The second book is Tormented. This is the third book.

Rohnert really finds himself in this book. He goes from being purposeless to having the fate of both races on his shoulders. Will he be able to save the lives of all those he loves while eraddicating the enemy? How will they all survive Goran's mad blood lust? What will the world even look like when the dust settles?

This book was a thrill a minute filled with action, a
Alisha Torres
Nov 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
I don't believe I rated the first two books in the series very well. I'm glad to say that I can't say enough positive things about book 3! The writing was much improved (although the authors awkwardness with sex scenes is till evident, but improving) and the story was well conceived. I literally cried during the reading of this book, and I say this as a testament to the writing being able to pull such emotions from me. The characters were much more relatable and believable, instead of always ang ...more
Sabrina Hansel
Jan 08, 2015
Melissa
Jan 03, 2015
Caitlin
rated it did not like it
Jan 23, 2015
Virginia
Aug 25, 2015
Terry Sofley
May 28, 2015
  • Welcome to Serpent's Kiss (Serpent's Kiss, #0.5)
  • Black Rose
  • The Little Drummer Boy
  • The Truth Seekers
  • Hunter & Prey (Hunter & Prey, #1)
  • Rue Toulouse
  • Shades of Surrender: Fifty by Fifty #4: A Billionaire Romance Boxed Set
  • Wonderland
  • Synchronized Breathing
  • Fireworks
  • Taunting Lips (A Teasing Hands Accompaniment)
  • Just A Step Away
  • Taboo Kisses
  • Blood Stained Tranquility (Ryze, #2)
  • The Righteous and the Wicked
  • Forgotten In Darkness (Scimitar Magi, #2)
  • Big Game (Hunted Love, #1)
  • Morning Glory
A professional daydreamer, Lorenz Font discovered her love of writing after reading a celebrated novel that inspired one idea after another. Since being published in 2013, she has been conspiring, butting heads, and enjoying her spare time with vampires, angels, samurais, and other creatures she has created in her head.

Her perfect day consists of writing and lounging on her garage couch (a.k.a. t

The Gates Legacy (4 books)
  • Hunted (The Gates Legacy, #1)
  • Tormented (The Gates Legacy, #2)
  • Reckoning (The Gates Legacy #4)