Start by marking “What He Wants (Second Chances, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
What He Wants (Second Chances, #1.5)

What He Wants

(Second Chances #1.5)

**What He Wants is the prequel novella to the novel, Trusting You (A Second Chances standalone) by New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author, L.P. Dover. Find out what happens in the very beginning when Melissa and Brett meet for the first time. That fateful night has never been told until now.**

One night, one desire . . . will it be enough?

Melissa Ashford vows to he
ebook
Published November 17th 2014 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about What He Wants, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What He Wants

Jan
Jan 02, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: alpha-male, ceo, hot-read
so short like reading a sample.

This prequel is pretty much summed up in the synopsis.

Its a hot start and gives you a good idea of how the next book will go.
Shawna Shauntia
Nov 17, 2014 added it
Shelves: promo

**What He Wants is the prequel novella to the novel, Trusting
You (A Second Chances standalone) by New York Times and USA Today Bestselling
author, L.P. Dover. Find out what happens in the very beginning when Melissa
and Brett meet for the first time. That fateful night has never been told until
now.**

One night, one desire . . . will it be enough?

Melissa Ashford vows to herself to enjoy her newfound freedom
by living life to the fullest after leaving her cheating ex-husband
Kendall {Book Crazy}
Nov 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I was really excited when I found out about this prequel novella! I loved the characters story in their full length book, Trusting You, so I was excited to find out how their story started! I knew it was going to be hot! The cover is also seriously hot too! This novella was amazing, but it was seriously short! I mean, I know it's a novella, but it felt super short compared to some other novellas I've read! It did include the first five chapters of Trusting You though! I really enjoyed this novel ...more
Crystal
Oct 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Hot, steamy read!! This is the prequel novella to Trusting You, explaining how Brett and Melissa met. Now it is a novella, but there is definitely enough in there to make you want to stop what you are doing and download Trusting You so you can continue their story.

L.P. Dover, to me, is one of those authors that when she has a story come out, I automatically one click. No matter what she writes, stories of Fae, MMA Fighters, or teachers, you know it will be one of the best stories you have had.
Rebecca Edwards
Jan 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm a huge fan of L.P. Dover and read everything she writes. I was so excited when I heard about this erotic short and I wasn't disappointed with what I read at all. This short is all about how Melissa and Brett first met and their one night stand. If these characters names sound familiar to you that's because they have their own story called Trusting You which is part of L.P.'s Second Chance Series. This story managed to make me fall in love with these characters all over again and then of cour ...more
Jeanine Walsh palinkas
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! After Trusting You, which is one of my favorite LP Dover books, I've always wondered what the back story to Melissa and Brett was all about.

This novella tells it all. It's hot and steamy in all the right places. Plus, it lays out the scene for the rest of the awesomeness that is LP Dover and her sexy MMA fighters, even though the Second Chance series are stand alones.

I highly recommend this novella to anyone who loves a true love story with all it's twists and tur
Cassie
Nov 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
I love how you got a first look on Melissa and Brett's first night together! This book was amazingly written and I absolutely loved it! It was intense and sexy all in one!
To continue the amazingness get Trusting You! You will fall in love with them all over again!
Warpedmind
Jul 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, series
It starts out interesting

It got me interested in wanting to see what happens next. This is a short story leading into the next book Trusting you novel. I hope it will keep my interest because I like this author.
Lheanne Spicer
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved getting to read about Melissa and Brett's first night together. These two characters have such amazing chemistry that you won't be able to put this novella down. As always LP Dover has done an amazing job!!
Joy Whiteside
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this. I could not put it down. It moves along at an awesome pace, you cannot help but fall in love with these characters and the story wow, need more...L. P. Dover is an amazing author and you must read her books. Once you do you will be hooked.
Jessica
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
compelling characters, great writing, and steamy sex...weekday more could you ask for to reel you in to a short. keeping this short and sweet so I can dive into this couple's full book
Mags
Jun 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
A really enjoyable short story, certainly one to read if your a fan of Trusting You.
Angie7
Aug 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a great preview of how Brett knew he was in awe of Melissa. I loved it!
Carol
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What He Wants

What a beautiful novella - Brett and Melissa, will they be able to both trust again, and love each other, only time will tell, love these Second chance books
Lynette
Dec 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A Great prequel novella to Trusting You. I loved reading about that first night between Brett and Melissa. (who are 2 of my favorite characters in the Second Chance Series). A great read!
Louise Cable
Jan 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great short story & well worth reading before starting trusting you. I did it backwards but it doesn't matter to much.
Jamie  Leigh
Nov 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this short story about their first night.
Andrea Fleury
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh hot.

Since I already read the first book before reading this one. I Wil read it again. I loved it as I do all l.p. Dover books
Rhiannon Matthias
Ambar
Mar 30, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• A Beck Valentine: A Beck Brothers Short
  • Need (The MacKenzie Family, #12)
  • The Chase (With Me, #5)
  • Freaks Like You (Freaks, #1)
  • Storm Front (Security Specialists International, #2.5)
  • A McKenzie Christmas (McKenzie Brothers, #5.5)
  • All Messed Up (Windy City Kink, #2)
  • My Kinda Wedding: A Summer Sisters Novella
  • First Night (Hauberk Protection, #0.5)
  • Forever in Fire (Hot in Chicago, #3.1)
  • Naughty Wishes Part II: Heart (Naughty Wishes, #2)
  • Shattered: All That Glitters\An Independent Wife
  • Suddenly More (Dirty Texas, #1.5)
  • Kavanagh Christmas (Kavanagh Legends, #5)
  • House Rules (Dossier, #2)
  • Worked Hard (Eye Candy Handyman #2)
  • A Christmas for Carrie (Feeling the Heat, #2.5)
  • Guard My Heart (Tainted Hearts, #0.5)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author, L.P. Dover, is a southern belle residing in North Carolina along with her husband and two beautiful girls. Before she even began her literary journey she worked in Periodontics enjoying the wonderment of dental surgeries.

Not only does she love to write, but she loves to play tennis, go on mountain hikes, white water rafting, and you can’t forget th

Second Chances (9 books)
  • Love's Second Chance (Second Chances, #1)
  • Trusting You (Second Chances, #2)
  • Meant for Me (Second Chances, #3)
  • Fighting for Love (Second Chances, #4)
  • Intercepting Love (Second Chances, #5)
  • Catching Summer (Second Chances, #6)
  • Defending Hayden (Second Chances, #7)
  • Last Chance (Second Chances, #8)
  • Intended for Bristol (Second Chances, #9)