Start by marking “Wereleper (Leopards Unleashed #1)” as Want to Read:
Wereleper (Leopards Unleashed #1)

Wereleper (Leopards Unleashed #1)

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  203 Ratings  ·  44 Reviews
MacKenzie can’t help but be a rebel. She was born one. A poor excuse for a wereleopard, she can’t shift, she can’t heal, she can’t hunt like the others.

She escapes all that, though, becomes a fugitive, and spends the next forty years hiding as a civilian amongst humans. But a girl’s gotta eat. Inevitably, life takes a turn when she’s caught infringing on the wrong female’
Published April 1st 2014

To ask other readers questions about Wereleper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wereleper

Dark Lover by J.R. WardLover Awakened by J.R. WardLover Eternal by J.R. WardLover Unbound by J.R. WardDead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris
Paranormal reads
1,055 books — 672 voters
The Mating by Nicky CharlesDarkfever by Karen Marie MoningPride and Prejudice by Jane AustenJane Eyre by Charlotte BrontëTorn by Amanda Hocking
Best Free eBooks
634 books — 1,295 voters

More lists with this book...

Ana
Dec 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful!

I was gifted this book by the Author Dina Haynes for an honest review.

This is the first book I've read from this author and I must say it was good. I like the way she subtly hints at the ramifications an abusive childhood can have on a person.

Gwen is a mutant were leopard who has had a very difficult life, she has shut down all her feelings and doesn't recognize when love hits her in the face in the form of Ramone. But no one even knows what Ramone is and when she finally is ready to a
Christine
Dec 29, 2014 rated it liked it
I received this book by the author in exchange for an honest review.

OMG! I've read a lot of shifters books but this one was so different, I really enjoyed it. What can I say about this book it was amazing, I don't want to give anything away but the beginning you think you know what is happening but then it seems like the conflict is resolved but the book is only half way done what could possible happen next? Boom! Surprise! I loved the way this book was written I also enjoyed how the Hero has t
Lashell Collins
Sep 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shifters
Let me just begin by saying OMG! This book is amazing, and it is nothing like the shifter romances you’ve read before. Dina Haynes has just raised the bar and elevated the genre to a whole new level. The story is complex and entertaining, and the world Ms. Haynes has created here feels like it could actually exist. It’s that real!

MacKenzie is an outcast among her people. They see her as handicapped and weak because she’s not able to shift like the rest of them. This simple mutation sets her on
Sheila Kell
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was gifted a complimentary copy for an honest review.

Wow! This book is intriguing and entertaining on so many levels. I don’t read a lot of shifter romance and was concerned after I agreed to a review that it might be slanted because of that. It was the opposite. I loved it and will be reading more of Dina Haynes’ shifter novels!

MacKenzie was born unable to fully shift. Luck had it that she wasn’t killed at birth for her mutation. But life was not easy. As an adult, she’s in hiding after break
Parker
Dec 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reviewer for Paranormal Romance and Authors that Rock

Mackenzie is a shifter who can't fully shift so she lives among humans hiding. After years of abuse by other weres Mackenzie has built many walls around herself. After she accidentally kills a human her life alters overnight. Ramone is like a brother to Mackenzie's father and the best were hunter there is. When he is asked to locate Mackenzie and keep her safe hat is what he will do even if she has other ideas.

Amazing.
This was a different twi
Sue Davis
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite
A WONDERFUL EXCITING TRUE LOVE STORY...SHIFTERS THEIR LOVE AND BELIEVES

MacKenzie a wereleopard who is considered off, not normal,a mutant and usually killed as soon as it is known. She has been out on her own since 16 and learned to blend in with humans by not getting closed with anyone in her 40 years of exile.
Now a man as pushed her to far and she has killed him. She gets rid of all evidence, but there was a witness Ramone another mutant hunter ,she don't even know but he has been hired to
Jessica
Apr 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wereleper WOW! I WANT MORE!  (Free on  Amazon)

This book completely took me by surprise, ILOVED IT! I had never heard of this author before and accidentally stumbled across this while looking for a book by my favorite author (J R Ward). Well I ended up completely devouring this book and have only read about 20 or so pages of the other. That is how good this book is! As soon as I finish writing this I am going to grab the second installment in this series.

This book is set in a world were the hum
Sheryl
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given a complimentary copy for an honest review by author Dina Haynes. This book is from The Leopards Unleashed series by the author.

MacKenzie did not grow up in a loving home in fact she really grew up in a prison that her father put her in to "keep her safe". Being on her own and running from the law and doing what she had to go to survive she finds herself in a situation she is not sure she will survive.
Ramone Hernandes is a were bounty hunter and is after MacKenzie but when he starts t
Mary Myers-Huff Barger
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I came by this book on a group for shifters and the blurb had me hooked.
MacKenzie was born very different from all other shifters, she cannot fully shift into her leopard, she cannot heal like they do, nor can she hunt the same.
She has been living her life among humans because she is a fugitive. It is pretty much just her and her dog that stick together, she has a few friends, but none of them know anything about her past.
Mac's father has sent his right hand man, Ramone, on a rescue mission t
Helena
Nov 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr, favorites
this novel was very raw emotionally. very real. Mac was a very difficult character to embrace, she held up so many barriers that I felt it difficult to understand her. I felt she never truly dropped those walls. Ramones on the other hand was a very alpha male but also sweet in his own way. I wish I could have read his narrative. that might have brought more insight into the story. Other than that intriguing plot loved the concept of mixed race leopards.
T.
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I downloaded Wereleper as a free book from Amazon. This book surprised me with the layered plots and unique story line. While I didn't always follow the characters' motivations, the dialog and story kept me fully invested in what would happen next. Good writing, I'll be looking at other books by this author.
Natalie
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wereleper

I never thought it was her mom and dad behind the threat. The fact that he is still alive means he should have been glad for another chance after shooting h is daughter. I'm glad she mated Ramone and not Doug.
Crystal Colburn
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very good

I loved the book. I can't wait to read Macs dads story. Hopefully he reveals how he truly feels about his daughter.
Sadie Mazzola
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good!

I never read a book about Weres. This was very different. A woman, with a painful past, meets two men. Who to trust?
Anita Hargreaves
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic read

Read it in a day, I thought during the first chapter psychopaths and would not get to love the characters but the book gradually lured me in. I am going to put the 2nd book on my wish list
Kristy
Mar 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy from the author in exchange for an honest review.

This is my first book from Dina that I have read, but apon reading the description it had me intrigued.... I'm glad I decided to one-click this baby, Dina has given us a unique veiw on shifters. Wereleper is book 1 in the "Leopards Unleashed" series & if your a paranormal lover, you should definitely grab yourself a copy.

Gwen (Mac) wasn't born a true wereleopard, she was born a mutant, not able to truly shift, never having th
Lisa
Mar 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
WOW this book was really good. This is the first book of Ms. Haynes that I've read and I am totally hooked. Ms. Haynes has a dynamic writing style. She really just grabs a hold on you and doesn't let you go until the end of the book and that's only to leave you breathless with wanting more. I love how she gives you an actual story with a plot and character growth through the entire book. Yes there is sex involved but the book isn't all sex all the time. I seriously hope she doesn't change that i ...more
Charlotte Lynn
Feb 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love shift shapers books. Werewolves, tigers, leopards, they are all my favorites. Wereleper is different than the others that I have read before. This is a story, not just a hot sex, killing for blood, and running through the woods story. There is love, fear of love, romance, families, and so much more. It is the story of a misfit trying to find her place in the world and being afraid to settle down.

MacKenzie is a wereleper. She is not quite a leopard, not quite anything. Then she meets Ramo
Tonya
Mar 24, 2015 rated it liked it
This is an okay read. I did have some problems getting hooked on it though. I read the synopsis and really liked it.

Mackenzie, or Mac, is a Wereleopard. But she can't fully shift. She is a mutant. She hasn't had the easiest of lives. Her mother hated her and wanted her dead. Her father sent her to were prison. She was raped, beat and tortured until she escaped. now she lives like a human and around humans. She even has a dog. She uses sex as a trade for being able to hunt, not for pleasure. She
Nikki Brooks
Mar 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
I won a copy of this ebook in a giveaway and it was from an author I hadn't seen before so I wasn't sure what to expect. This was a darker book than I would normally read but it was an intoxicating storyline. The characters were compelling and there were so many twists and turns that I got dizzy!

Gwen is a mutant, a shifter who can't shift. She is hiding out amongst the human population and seeks occasional fringe benefits from Doug, a fellow shifter. She goes on a date with a human and things do
Stephanie
Dec 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was provided this book by the author for an honest review.

This is the first book I've read by Dina Haynes but it will definitely not be my last. This was a substantial book in that it took me longer than a couple hours to read, that's a good thing. The story was complex with characters who were quirky, mysterious, damaged, and deeply flawed but with a core of strength that was totally admirable. To me the draw of this book was how the MC's deal with being different and how the treatment of oth
Petula
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
★★★★★
The first book in a new to me series. In this author's "world" humans know about Weres, they live in their own areas and don't interact any more than they must.
Our heroine is a were leopard, but is considered a mutant because of her inability to shift. She suffered horrendous abuse in the past, so now she is in hiding as a human. She has learned the hard way to hide all her emotions behind a wall. Unfortunately she makes a big mistake that is about to change her life forever.
Now, I'm not
Carol
I honestly wasn't sure what to make of this. For most of the book, I couldn't quite decide whether or not I was enjoying it.

Obviously, the book has something. I did keep reading it, after all. A big part of my problem was the first person narrative. It really, really annoyed me. It also meant that Ramone's character was fairly shallow as we never heard from his perspective at all. With Mac being so screwed up, the first person narrative made her irritating in places. I would have enjoyed the boo
Bronwyn
Jul 29, 2015 rated it it was ok
This one I found not to my tastes at all and had to really make myself concentrate to finish it, thankfully it was free. The story is told by only one POV and I find that you don't get to know the other character as well. The first 40% of the book was a real struggle to get through with a few minor editing issues such as words missing, It, to & the in particular which didn't help with the flow of the book.
Without giving to much away I don't know how she didn't kill her father whenever he was
Deb
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Prepare to be blown away ;) What a totally unique paranormal shifter must read!! At first it took me a little while to get into it, as I expected it to be like other similar books I've read. But, this is so different in an awesome way, that it didn't take long before I became so wrapped up & engaged in this fantastic story, that I did NOT want to put it down!! If you love fantasy, paranormal, shifter books with romantic suspense and really HOT love scenes in it, you just HAVE to get this mus ...more
Kristin Heller
Dec 08, 2014 rated it it was ok
I have had a hard time reading this book. It moves slow and is slightly predictable. The writing is good, but not my cup of tea. I am not sure if it is the supernatural aspect of the book, or the way it was developed. I used to read supernatural books and loved them, I think this one had too much going on to really follow the events and people. There was a lot happening but at the same time it seemed like nothing was happening at the same time. I hope someone else can enjoy the book where I was ...more
Ashley Scott
Apr 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
I gave it four stars because it intrigued me from the end to the beginning.Mackenzie gets caught one night trying to feed and then she accidentally hunts on the wrong woman's territory. Then she meets a man who starts to spark her interest since she has been in hiding for 40 years, not wanting to draw attention to herself. Followed by the murder of the human during the hunt, she has been asked frequent questions by the police.
I think the author did a wonderful job with the plot, the characters
Kitty Galore
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a surprisingly good read. I havent read many shifter books but this one is different from my previous reads. Mac is a wereleopard that wasnt like other weres. She didnt possess the normal were abilities making her an outcast amongst her kind. She had a difficult upbringing and spent her adult life in hiding, living as a human. Soon Mac finds herself confronting her past as well as becoming a new person along the way. I was really surprised by the ending of the book. It made for a great ...more
Linda
Mar 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Highly Recommended

This is a really unique and captivating story. Both of the main characters have some serious family issues. They feel different from other leopards and yet also very different from humans. She has tried to escape the past thru isolation but some things penetrate her barriers and lead her to having to face her past in order to have a future. This book is very well-written and I couldn't stop until I finished reading the whole story. I was never sure where it would go but was rea
Cheryl Duval
Feb 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The narrative of this book was brilliant. I found it interesting to be in Mac's mind with her. She is an impressive, courageous protagonist with an snarky attitude and after everything she has been through in her life she has managed to shield herself from emotion.

Ramone is such a mysterious and puzzling character that, at first, I didn't know what to think of him, I didn't know if he could be trusted.

This book starts out exciting and doesn't stop until the very end. I couldn't put it down unt
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Marius (Luna Lodge, #4)
  • Wolf n' Mouse (When, Were & Howl, #1)
  • Vamp Rising (By Moonlight, #1)
  • The Horse Mistress: Book 1 (The Eburosi Chronicles, #1)
  • Liam (The Awakening, #2)
  • Desert of the Damned (Demons in Exile #1)
  • Bearly Hanging On (Laid Bear, #3)
  • Darkest at Dawn (Dark #11.5-12)
  • Soul Search
  • Fire & Frost (Iron Seas, #3.4; Code of Shadows, #0.5; Midnight Liaisons #2.3)
  • Blood Singers (Blood, #1)
  • Primal Instinct (Pendragon Gargoyles #1)
  • Always (Time for Love, #4)
  • Fangs of Anarchy - Revelation (Forbidden Alpha (Part 5))
  • Eternity and a Day (Desires of the Otherworld, #1)
  • Mara's Homecoming (Beast Realm Chronicles, #1)
  • Games of Fate (Fate Fire Shifter Dragon, #1)
  • The Knights of Moonshine
Dina Haynes, author of the very first reality book series, cheated on her lackluster acting career in favor of doing more "character" work and has been writing ever since. She lives in the bustling city of Los Angeles where potential characters pop off the streets and land in her pages.

CHECK OUT MY INSTAGRAM!

CHAT WITH ME ON
More about Dina Haynes

Leopards Unleashed (3 books)
  • Wereking (Leopards Unleashed #2)
  • Werelover (Leopards Unleashed #3)