Start by marking “Saving Jack” as Want to Read:
Saving Jack

Saving Jack

Watch the book trailer

Standing on a cold, dark bridge in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night was actually progress for Jack. Exhausted, no food, no coat, no real life to speak of, what was the point?

Jack is on the run from an abusive ex-lover when Sam, the Chief of Police of the tiny town of Stonefield, shows up. Sam takes Jack in, f
ebook
Published November 23rd 2014 by Amber Allure Publishing (first published March 8th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Saving Jack, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saving Jack

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~

I was rooting for this book, because

COPS

and, well,

just cops.

But my editor's eye was blinded by the many typos, awkward word usage, and, my favorite: random quotation marks serving as "air quotes." Sometimes "these marks" were double; other 'times' they were single. But they were always "random." There was no consistency to the 'punctuation either'. So we got punctuation inside the quotations and punctuation outside 'the quotation marks,' like one giant fucking "hula hoop", landing whe
Gigi
You know, everything seemed to be going pretty good with this one. It was a great healing/comfort story about a man on the run from his abusive boyfriend who is picked up by a big, strong, sexy cop who takes him home to clean him up. But at about the half way mark, things got kinda weird and the cop got all inappropriately BDSM/Dom-y like while the guy was still trying to heal and feel safe. It grossed me out, to be honest, and I'm a big time, true blue fan of all things BDSM. I just couldn't ge ...more
Tj
Feb 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: have, read-2014
Awww, this was a wonderful read. It is a little short but there are advantages to that for those days you just don’t have time but need a lift.

Jack is on the run from his abusive boyfriend Trevor. Sam is a sheriff in a small town that Jack ends up in. Sam is surprised in his sudden and overwhelming attraction to Jack. Jack is unsure about this cop. He hasn’t had good experiences with the police and has it set in his head that cops are straight. Needless to say he gets a surprise from Sam.

I have
V
Feb 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story was quite lovely.
Mind you, I have an issue about (view spoiler)
I would think that he would be scare to death to trust anyone else for a long time, but this is not the case. Perhaps he was desperately for any kind of LTC.
But, who I'm to judge, only a person who is been through that understand really those kind of feelings.
Apart from
Debra
This book had potential to be really good and check all my boxes, but in the end it felt rushed and at times, the relationship had me a bit uncomfortable.

It's no big surprise that I love broken, hurting boys in need of love and affection and if they are a bit submissive, all the better, and I found Jack to be just that. On the run from an abusive boyfriend with little more than just the clothes on his back, he is taken in by Sam, chief of police in a small town, who immediately feels protective
Candice
This was an enjoyable hurt/comfort read. While I wished that things would have moved a little slower between Jack and Sam, especially with what Jack had been through, it was still a good story. I did like that with it being pretty short, things were not dragged out.
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
4 Hearts

Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

Jack flees for his life when his lover attacks him yet again, Jack knows it’s different this time and he ends up States away hoping that his ex-lover won’t find him, bruised, tired and hungry Jack wonders what he has to live for. Sam, Chief of Police, takes pity on the young man he finds on a bridge and takes him home; he fights his attraction to give Jack time to trust him and can only hope he can have the relationship he wishes for. As they get to
Gaa-chan
This one is hard to rate. It felt rushed and the police procedures didn't keep in check with reality, but I liked MC's a lot (they needed fleshing out though). The book could have benefited from a better editing too. Was there even an editor? 2.5 stars.
Cecilia Rodriguez
Apr 13, 2015 rated it liked it

Lena Grey
When Jack Demar, from 'Saving Jack' by Hurri Cosmo, decides to leave his lover Trevor, he knows he's literally running for his life, but a man can take only so much abuse, so much belittling, and disrespect before he rebels or is totally crushed or worse. Fortunately for Jack, he runs into a knight in shining armor in the form of Sam Wyndom, police chief. Jack is frightened and untrusting. His experiences with law enforcement haven't been good; but there's something about this man that attracts ...more
Suze
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was ok
2.5*
Hurt/comfort theme story that should have been so good!
I liked the premise of the story but at times the telling seemed a bit simplistic. Also the pace of development was a bit too fast for me at times, given Jack's history. Maybe a longer version with more time in the story would have worked a bit better for me.
From about 2/3 in, it did morph into a sex fest, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but again given Jack's history was perhaps not very clever.
Anyway, it is fixtion, it wasn't bad
NancyM
3.5 rating rounded up.

A sweet hurt/comfort read. While reading I was mostly awing and even grinning at some things. I don't know if it was supposed to be funny or if it was my weird sense of humour kicking in, but it added a lot to the story. Especially if I was just thinking the same thing as the MC was.

Jack dealing with his abuse is not evident and so it makes the reader a little uncertain/disbelieving about the quickness of the relationship between the two MCs.

All together this is a good hurt
Aeryn Jaden
Jan 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Liked the book and the plot. What I didn't like was that it seemed a bit short and rushed. But I liked reading it anyway, liked the characters. Would have given a four star or even bigger if the D/s relationship would not have been so rushed and explored more. It was a sweet story, cliché, but I enjoyed it.
Amanda
This one started off really great then just went to O.K. Abused/tramuatized MC's are my favorite to read and I did gobble it up nicely in one sitting, there was just something about midway through to the ending was wasn't as excitable as the beginging.
Dottie Mae
Jan 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Saving Jack by Hurri Cosmo

Great book. I recommend this book, you will enjoy the romantic love and trust that begin between Jack and Sam, the main characters of this story. You will fall in love with Jack and love the forever ending.
Dena
Mar 22, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2.5*
Barb
Mar 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very sweet story. Really loved the characters. The story was wonderful and I truly loved the ending. Jack and Sam were great together and just made me smile the whole time. So perfect.
Amanda Jones
Mar 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
This book was pretty good but too expensive & too short!!
Colette
3.5 enjoyable story
Rachel Emily
I wanted to like this, but everything…the writing, and the dialogue especially, just seemed really flat to me. A case of telling instead of showing, for me at least.
Nicole
Mar 12, 2014
Emma
May 25, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Hi, my name is Hurri Cosmo and I am a happy ending junkie. I always have been. You can be pretty rest assured everything I write will have one. I am not big on angst. I believe we get enough of that in real life so when I go to read something, to make the real world go away for awhile, I will most likely not chose something that will make me cry. So I write for those people who, at least occasiona ...more