Start by marking “Love Before Honor” as Want to Read:

Love Before Honor

Honor. Truth. Loyalty. Love. All of these matter most to Sir Gerald. To avenge his love's death, he challenges her murderer to a duel. Her twin, however, feels that Alice never loved Gerald and gives him a tea. Alice had also given him teas, which enhanced his love for her, but this tea is different. This tea sends him to into the future, to the Regency era.

Lady Vanessa se
ebook
Published October 14th 2014 by Clean Reads (first published October 13th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Love Before Honor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Before Honor

Kira Simion
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received an e-copy of this story in exchange for an honest/fair review. I thank the author Nicole Zoltack for the story.
Rozzie
Apr 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
For some strange reason maybe I have been reading way to many of these romance stories that have erotic content in them and have gotten in the misapprehension that in order to be a well defined good strong romance that you need to have highly defined copulating between the male and female protagonist on several pages of the story which isn’t true you can have a story like this which is a good strong story without it. Ms. Nicole Zoltack writes a sweet romance but not lacking in the heat departmen ...more
Aleen ~Lampshade Reader
"Love though it lifts ye up, alters your very outlook on life, changes your life itself. Love is all that matters."

Honor: Medieval England: Sir Gerald is just a knight protecting the honor of the woman he loved. Alice, believed murdered by a jealous rival knight, has Sir Gerald believing that he has to fight in a duel. His plans are thwarted by Alice's sister Terese, who begs Gerald not to fight. She also mentions that Alice did not only love Gerald but many others as well.

"My sister, my twin..
Evelyn Nathalia
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: must-re-read
"Honor, truth, and loyalty will only get ye so far. Love, though, it lifts ye up, alters your very outlook on life, changes your life itself. Love is all that matters."

That quote itself had made me fell in love with the book. There were just something beautiful and timeless about this story. The hero had travel through time to meet his true love.

Sir Gerald wanted to avenge Alice's death more than anything else. So when Alice's twin, Terese told him that Alice loved many men, Gerald was really li
Heather
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this novel. Time travel , a little of magic , discovering where you really needed to be and the purpose.

Gerald is a knight of the year 1288 and is determined to avenge his love lost life just be thwarted by his loves twin. Gerald take a sip from a chalice offered to him and finds himself somewhere else but meets Lady Vanessa. His number one goal is to find away back or at least its what he thought his goal was.
Lady Vanessa finds a man in amour outside but instead of telling h
Dee Deacon Foster
May 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A long ago scandal has left Lady Vanessa destined for a loveless marriage and wishing for more.
The death of his beloved has left Sir Gerald devastated and, despite her twin sister’s admissions, bent on revenge.
Interference sends Sir Gerald forward in time; an interference that has him landing at Lady Vanessa’s feet.
Once Lady Vanessa realizes the truth in Sir Gerald’s tale she sets about finding a way to help him return to his own time; despite what it will cost her. The more time Sir Gerald rema
Megan
Nov 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
***I was given a free eBook copy for a honest review******
Wow! I could not put this down! It was fast-paced and held my attention the entire story. I felt that I was inside the story with the characters as their lives and back stories unfolded.
Ms. Zoltac's passion for medieval history is revealed through the language and actions of our hero. I enjoyed learning about Regency Era Christmas traditions of the heroine sprinkled throughout the story.
One of my favorite passages in the story addresses
Teri Donaldson
Apr 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a sweet time travel romance between Sir Gerald from 1288 and Lady Vanessa in 1815.
It has all of my favorite things in a book-a strong and intelligent heroine, a handsome and honorable hero and the Christmas holidays.
After drinking a tea while preparing for a duel in 1288, Gerald travels in time and lands on Vanessa's family estate. Lucky for him! Vanessa's parents are worried that she is not yet married and begin their own matchmaking. Vanessa wants to find love.
The author does a wonderf
Yolanda
Nov 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Nicole Zoltack once again woos the reader with a captivating romance. She takes us from Medieval times to the Regency Era with such finesse that, yet again, proves what a skilled writer she is. What transpires is a deftly woven tale that not only transports us from an era brimming with Knights & duels to prove honor, but to an era where women are forced to obey whatever their father or husband dictate. Sir Gerald is transported from his time to find himself being helped by Lady Vanessa as he ...more
Stephanie Puterbaugh
Dec 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
First, I shall say I received a free ARC copy for an honest review.

This book was amazing! The writing was excellent, the story was unbelievably sweet. It had some action, love, history, and all things you find in such an awesome read! I'm incredibly grateful I was given the honor to read this story, and you can bet I'll be reading more from Nicole Zoltack. Congratulations on writing such a five star book!!
Molly
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book and I can't wait to read more and It definitely had a different twist to it. The norm is for someone to go back in time and choose to stay. A knight from Arthurian times is sent forward to Edwardian times. The mixing of cultures is fun to watch. Also there's no chance for the knight to return back to his time which is different. I won't spoil this book for you but I recommend it to anyone it was a very good somewhat short book.
Shelley
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love Before Honor
Loved this book. I couldn't figure out why Terese would send him so far into the future. But I didn't know of her abilities. Gerald had good reason for hating her at that point. But she was right and Lydia helped him and he helped her with her husband. Vanessa's knowledge helped Gerald as well and her love for him kept him where he needed to be. Hated to have to go to sleep as I didn't want to stop reading. Thank you for a great read.
Theresa Echols
May 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet Time Travel

Simply a great story with some twists. Can a Knight from 1228 who suddenly finds himself in 1815 survive and find his way forward? Can a spirited young lady who just wants her parents to understand her need for freedom and not wed to the horrid William help this man out of time?
I had a lovely time finding out. I believe you will too.
Dottie
May 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Read for the Belles Brigade Book Club. A fantastic selection! Kate and Leopold with a medieval twist.
I loved the fact that Gerald and Vanessa's relationship was so pure. This makes the story perfect for younger readers as well as the seasoned romance reader. Lovely storytelling, fast paced and exciting.
I'll definitely be reading more of this author's work!
Marcie Wegner
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Once I started this book, I was so entranced that I didn't want to put it down. I am not usually so enamored with historical romances, but this book was so well written that I just kept reading. The characters were well developed and interesting. The story line was well thought out and not predictable. Thank you for the enjoyable read.
Marsha
Nov 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
Love Before Honor by Nicole Zoltack is my first read by Zoltack, but it will not be my last. From medieval times to regency romance in one time jump, this book has a really solid story line and delightful characters. It has mystery and intrigue but is basically a timeless love story.
Stacy Jones
Nov 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Adorable!

I really liked it. It was a sweet love story, a quick read, which is just what I needed! Really well done!!
Teri Donaldson
Catherine Thompson
Feb 25, 2018
Gina
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A very sweet story. A knight is sent to the future and meets a girl who helps him. They grow very close, sharing their love of history. As they slowly fall in love, if given the chance will he choose to go back in time?
Dawn Wells
Elaine
Oct 28, 2014
Natalia Paige
Oct 27, 2014
Nicole Zoltack is a USA Today bestselling author who loves to write romances. Of course. She did marry her first kiss, after all!

When she’s not writing about knights, superheroes, or witches, she enjoys spending time with her loving husband, three energetic young boys, and precious baby girl. She enjoys riding horses (pretending they’re unicorns, of course!) and going to the PA Renaissance Faire d