Start by marking “Twenty Questions for Gloria” as Want to Read:
Twenty Questions for Gloria

Twenty Questions for Gloria

Gloria is tired of her ordinary life. She barely recognizes the free-spirited girl she used to be in the unadventurous teenager she has become. So when a mysterious boy bent on breaking the rules strolls into her classroom, Gloria is ready to fall under his spell. Uman is funny, confident and smart. He does whatever he likes and doesn't care what anyone thinks of him. The ...more
288 pages
Published April 12th 2016 by Wendy Lamb Books/Random House

To ask other readers questions about Twenty Questions for Gloria, please sign up.
IVeal I haven't read the book yet but according to lovelybooks.de they're 15 years old.

May
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: estantería
Incapaz de pasar de la página 150...
Sana
This is one of those books where I find myself wondering, "So what's the point?"

*Spoilers ahead* Maybe

Oh wait. That was all? Soooo, that was literally what I just read?

This was a book about a fifteen year old tired of her oh-so unadventurous life. So when she meets a boy who doesn't give two shits about anything, she goes off with him and realizes what it's like to live the life of adventure.

The whole book is literally about a stupid MC named Gloria who travels around and lives life with a boy
Bee
Nov 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
The synopsis for 20 Questions for Gloria reads as a teenage version of Gone Girl: teenager goes missing, suddenly reappears, and in bits and pieces we discover what has happened to her on this journey.

But where Gone Girl was a psychological thriller, 20 Questions is a discovery into the teenage mind. Gloria is bored of being the teenager, of having to be unique whilst trying to fit in. Of doing the same thing day in and day out. Of having to finish school, get a degree, get married, buy a house
Greta
Jun 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Le uniche persone che esistono per me sono i pazzi, i pazzi di voglia di vivere, di parole, di salvezza, i pazzi del tutto e subito, quelli che non sbadigliano mai e non dicono mai banalità ma bruciano, bruciano, bruciano."

Tutta la verità su Gloria Ellis è un titolo sbagliato, Venti domande per Gloria è sicuramente meglio dato che il libro è raccontato principalmente a interrogatorio e ogni capitolo è una domanda fondamentale per Gloria.
Ha solo quindici anni questa ragazzina, ma è sveglia e n
Lucia Ortega
ÑE... ese es mi resumen.
Pintaba muy bien, tenía una trama interesante, con una reflexiones muy bonitas y pues...nada.
El final me ha dejado fría e indiferente.
Cameron
Jun 20, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I'm giving this a 1.5 star rating. I usually don't have a problem with girls with special snowflake syndrome but I really hated this one. Gloria was thoughtless and selfish for what she did to her parents, running off with a guy she barely knew. And she's 15. And this was horribly paced. I mean it went by at a snail's pace only for you to discover that this giant secret was not that great. Quite lame actually. So yeah, I did not enjoy this
Natalia
No es una mala historia, pinta interesante y realmente está llena de misterio, pero noto en ella ciertas incoherencias y a un personaje femenino con una falta de personalidad tremenda. Él, sin embargo, me ha gustado. No está mal, pero tampoco va a pasar a la historia como una gran novela.

Reseña: http://www.arte-literario.com/2016/08...
Martu Barimboim (Booksofcoffee)
Esperaba algo más para ser "la versión adolescente de perdida". Me pareció más el diario de un viaje.
Joy (joyous reads)
Mar 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Gloria is a 15-year-old girl suffering from an early onslaught of ennui from life. Her parents didn’t seem to care one way or another about her. And though they would protest otherwise, their actions speak to the contrary. Some days, Gloria didn’t care. But lately, she’s been having a difficult time ignoring the resounding loneliness that echoed in the hallways of their home.

Then Uman showed up; a mysterious specimen of a boy. Tall, lanky, and handsome in an effeminate way. Intelligent with char
Gabby
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was sent this book by Walker Books after requesting it as an arc. I didn't have huge expectations for it, but decided to give it a try - and I'm so glad that I did!

The main characters were written so beautifully. Gloria is such a naive 15 year old who fell in love within a couple days. I loved being able to read her perspective on the story including her thoughts and life experiences. Uman is perceived as a kidnapper and manipulator by Gloria's mum and police interviewer, but Gloria sees him a
Teresa
Feb 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aimed at young readers aged 14 and over, this new novel from Martyn Bedford is less high-octane thriller and more a sensitively written, contemplative account of the trials and tribulations of teenage life.

Gloria is sick and tired of her mundane life, each day blending into the other but along comes Uman, this exotic creature whose clothes, vocabulary and general demeanour are unlike anything she’s experienced before. He’s a breath of fresh air, no, make that a hurricane and Gloria lets herself
Kirsty
I really enjoyed this book. It is told over the course of a series of interviews given by Gloria after a series of events. You know something had gone wrong but you're not quite sure what especially as Gloria strikes as a fairly unreliable narrator.

I was hooked from the get go wanting to know more. Parts of it reminded me of that tv show that was on recently called hunted where ordinary people when on the run with the goal of staying off the grid for as long as possible whilst a team of experts
Alba
May 21, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Veinte preguntas para Gloria es una novela que me ha gustado pero tampoco ha sido del todo lo que yo esperaba. Me ha gustado ese misterio y suspense que rodeaba a la trama pero me ha faltado agilidad y un poco ritmo en la novela. Creo que no se llegan dar todas las respuestas a las incógnitas que se presentan a lo largo de la novela y me ha dado la sensación de que he acabado el libro sin conocer a Gloria y a Uman prácticamente. Me llevo un sabor de boca un poco agridulce porque no voy a negar q ...more
Claudia Gazzaniga
Mmmm.
Iniziato sembrava interessante, poi.... È salito il nervoso. Lo so, lo so, parliamo di protagonisti quindicenni, di fughe, di ribellioni... "Ci sta", si suol dire.
Però io non ce la posso proprio fare. Per ogni dettaglio che apprezzavo mille mi irritavano e quindi non sono riuscita ad apprezzarlo fino in fondo.
Piccolo appunto: il messaggio finale, seppur positivo, non mi ha lasciato nulla di che. Anzi, mi è sembrato quasi una presa in giro rispetto a tutto ciò che avevo appena letto.
Femke
Nov 13, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
20 vragen voor Gloria sprak me allereerst vanwege de mooie cover aan. Ook de omschrijving maakte me nieuwsgierig. Bovendien las ik ergens dat het een psychologische thriller is en daar houd ik wel van. Lees mijn recensie om erachter te komen of dat ook zo is! http://bibliofem.nl/recensie-20-vrage...
G.L. Sheridan
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's a simple story - yet it's not. Uman is a most engaging character and the past events of his life help to explain why he behaves as he does. The conversation during Gloria's interview sounds natural and realistic for a fifteen-year-old girl talking to adults, and is very different from the way she talks to Uman, which is what you would expect. As you read on, you can feel what's happening to her. Quite intense. It's very clever writing and draws you in. An excellent YA book which this old bi ...more
Vanessa
Recensione qui: http://ilibrisonounantidotoallatriste...

Gloria è annoiata dalla sua vita, uguale a quella di tante altre ragazze della sua età. Scuola, studio, uscite con le amiche, bisticci con i genitori. Nella piccola città di provincia in cui è cresciuta non sembra mai esserci nulla di nuovo e i giorni scorrono uguali, uno dopo l'altro, facendola sprofondare nella noia e nell'apatia. Fino a che non arriva Uman. Lui è diverso da tutti gli altri. Le basta uno sguardo per capirlo. E' bello, bri
Chloe
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am very disappointed with how this book ended. Would've given 5 stars if the ending was more wrapped up. I need a sequel! I need to know what happens next for Gloria!!
Clarissa
Si può apprezzare davvero tanto un romanzo e, con la stessa intensità, essere quasi del tutto indifferente ai suoi protagonisti? Prima di leggere Tutta la verità su Gloria Ellis, non mi ero mai posta una domanda del genere, perché, in tutta onestà, nessun libro mi aveva mai dato motivo di farlo. Ora, però, non riesco a smettere di pensare che, a volte, il vero protagonista di un libro non sia un determinato personaggio, ma la storia in sé.

“Dentro di te, Gloria, tu sei un caleidoscopio di rosa e
Coenraad
Aug 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ever since reading Flip, I've been a Martyn Bedford fan. I must still sit still for long enough to read his second Young Adult novel, but the third, Twenty questions for Gloria kept me busy over the last week or so.

Gloria Ellis (15) disappeared for a period of about 15 days with a school friend, Uman, a boy with a troubled past who came into the school shortly before the disappearance. Once she comes home, the police - represented by D.I. Katharine Ryan - interviews her thoroughly in the presenc
Aimee
I received a copy of Twenty Questions for Gloria from Walker Books Australia to review. I saw this was a psychological thriller and was really excited to read it. I love psychological thrillers.

But I’m not sure I’d call this a psychological thriller at all. The definition of a psychological thriller is “a thriller story which emphasizes the unstable psychological and emotional states of its characters.” So okay, yes Uman is a little damaged but I think that’s from what his father did. I’m not su
Nedyah
Jul 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
La historia engancha muchísimo y la crítica tiene razón en decir que es la versión adolescente de Perdida de Gillian Flynn, pero con un tinte muchísimo menos tortuoso y psicótico; con un romance entre Gloria y Uman que podría calificarse como un Young Adult light y con un instalove camuflado por las circunstancias y por la necesidad de Gloria de contar con alguien en su vida como Uman, alguien que le anime a romper con la monotonía que la estaba matando y a buscar por sí misma una aventura para ...more
Pupottina

Pazzi di vita e di tutto insieme

Fantastico romanzo a metà strada tra lo young adult e il thriller psicologico.
Il romanzo di Martyn Bedford narra la fuga di Gloria e Uman, partendo dalla fine della loro storia on the road. La detective, che si occupa della loro misteriosa scomparsa, deve rimettere insieme tutti i tasselli per portare a galla la verità prima che sia troppo tardi.
È un romanzo introspettivo e psicologico. Le idee di Jack Kerouac, in TUTTA LA VERITA' SU GLORIA ELLIS, sono ancora att
Rachel (Confessions of a Book Geek)
Check out the full review here:

I assumed this would be a YA suspense story or thriller, and while it does have suspenseful elements, I wasn't prepared for the beauty of the writing, or for Bedford's story-telling style. This was a solid YA suspense novel, with a little contemporary romance, and a dash of writing that at times seemed John Green-esque.

Gloria's story unfolds through her answering Police interview questions, which explains both the present day
Jewel
May 08, 2016 added it
I don't really know how to rate this book.

It was sad and sweet and the ending was inevitable , but I wanted it to end differently.
All I can say is that the books Twenty Questions for Gloria is compared in the blurb are way off.

The Mara Dyer Trilogy is a fun , paranormal romance romp. This was most definitely not that.

Stolen by Lucy Christopher is a story about a girl who gets abducted in an airport terminal. There was no abductions or stockholm syndrome in this novel.

I read only the beginning
Jayne  Downes
May 30, 2016 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the start of the story with the mysterious new student Uman starting school and his arrogant way of dealing with teachers who tried to control him. The story about two teenage runaways held my interest.
Luigi Nunziante
Jun 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Here my Review/Qui la mia recensione:

Here the Interview to the author:

Licoa Salazar
Aug 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Estrellas. Un libro interesante, que no cuenta como Gloria cambia su vida después de conocer a Uman. El autor crea un aura de misterio en torno al protagonista, y nos hace dudar de sus intenciones, pero sabe mantener el interés y a mi me gusto el final.
Monica Haak
Nov 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Realistisch geschreven en je ziet hoe een meisje eigenlijk psychologisch beïnvloed wordt door een jongen die laks omgaat met de wereld. Einde was mij niet bevredigend, erg open en erg zwak na de opbouwende spanning.
  • Long Reach (Eddie Savage, #1)
  • For Holly
  • Cuckoo
  • Truly, Wildly, Deeply
  • The Zigzag Effect
  • Running Girl (Garvie Smith Mystery, #1)
  • Songs About Us (Songs About A Girl, #2)
  • Red Ink
  • Red
  • Slay
  • Boys for Beginners
  • Cracks
  • Game Theory
  • Killing Honour
  • Goldfish (Girl out of Water, #1)
  • My Box-Shaped Heart
  • My Heart Goes Bang
  • Air (Blue #2)
“Ed è allora che noto una cartolina, seminascosta fra due cose da buttare.
La tiro fuori.
La fotografia sul davanti mostra una gola dalle pareti a picco con un sentiero angusto che si snoda sul versante roccioso e molto, molto più in basso, il nastro bianco di un fiume. Nella striscia di cielo azzurro e terso sopra la foto la didascalia recita: El Caminito del Rey, Andalusia.
La mano mi trema talmente che quando giro la cartolina rischio di farla cadere.
Ho visto la sua scrittura una volta soltanto, sui foglietti dei «posti felici» che mi aveva mostrato dopo che avevamo estratto «Bryher», ma la riconoscerei ovunque.
Tre parole. Una sottolineatura. E un punto di domanda.
Vorresti essere qui?”
4 likes
“«Uman…» ho cominciato.
E in quel momento, lui si è girato verso di me e mi ha detto: «Perché sei ancora qui?»

«Voleva che tu te ne andassi?» mi chiede l’ispettore Ryan.
Scuoto la testa. «No. Non capiva perché non lo avessi lasciato»”
3 likes