Start by marking “Revenge (Dark Space, #4)” as Want to Read:
Revenge (Dark Space, #4)

Revenge

(Dark Space #4)

Book 4 of the #1 Bestselling Space Opera, Dark Space (Kindle)
DARK SPACE WON THE BATTLE
Humanity has just won a major victory against the invading Sythians--the first victory in the history of the war. The savage Gors have joined forces with Dark Space, and now for the first time since the invasion, it looks like the tide is turning. But the Sythians weren't defeated. Humani
ebook, 5th, 523 pages
Published October 11th 2014 by Anthem Press (first published May 7th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Revenge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Revenge

Daniel Kupres
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This series definitely starts off slow but takes off as each portion of the tale is told. We have seen what the aftermath of a human annihilation would bring. Then the struggle to rebuild humanity and whether or not gods and religion have a place when humanity is quickly wiped out by an unseen Sythian race who first enslaves animal like aliens to slaughter us. Only then to enslave us to fight the new Sythian plan to find the supposed mythical Avilon or as the religious humans call Etheria, ...more
Brad
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Great Follow-up to Dark Space Books 1 to 3

After reading the first three volumes of Dark Space, I was interested to see where Jasper Scott would take us in this saga. I was not disappointed. While you could jump into the series starting with Book 4, I would suggest reading Volumes 1 to 3 first. A lot of the character development is done there as well as the overarching story line.

Revenge adds some very unexpected twists and takes the reader deeper into the religious and philosophical realm that w
Gareth
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adventure, space
Wow

When I started thus series I was a bit dubious about it, however it now has me firmly hooked. This book has epic, galaxy spanning fights and amazing action sequences whilst wrapping it up in one hell of a clever story.

Towards the end of this book the sythians are dealt a good blow which actually made me feel good! And then the first 4 books are tied up very nicely.

I can't wait to get onto book 5 now, god knows where else he can go with this now. Brilliant!
John D Schuch
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great series

I wasn't sure about this series when I started it but now I don't want to put the down. The twists and turns are unexpected but really add to the story. Anyone who enjoys stories if people struggling and overcoming obstacles will enjoy these books. Now I have to g OK get book 5.
Nancy
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So, I read the first 3 - which were in a set entitled "trilogy". Thought I was done at the end of book 3, but no there was a book 4 - which I have now finished, thinking, again, that I was done, but no, there is a book 5!! Will there be a book 6? I DON'T KNOW!! But, I am really enjoying the series so I'm not really complaining - just surprised. :)
Jeff Wombold
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dark space

This is the best in the Dark Space series I have yet read. I found that I could not put this book down, but rather I had to continue to the next chapter to find out what happened next, I can't wait for book 5.
Bill
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
New places

I've read a lot of sci-fi over 30 years. This book and series has genuine new ideas. The writing is enjoyable, and I'm very impressed with the author's imagination. I'll be reading more from Jasper Scott.
Ron
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series just gets better and better plenty of space battles and twists and turns. The mystery of Avilon is finally revealed. But not until the main characters have been through the ringer a few times. Definitely would recommend this series.
neal mirin
Jul 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Surprise

This book is full of surprises, some of them bugle the mind and go way out there and nonbeivabal, but it's a good story
Michael Long
Nov 09, 2015 rated it liked it
In Dark Space: Revenge, the Sythians have come to dark space to conquer humanity. Meanwhile, Admiral Heston sends a mission to get help from the Avalonians.

The book got to a very, very slow start. Ethan and Illara's wedding and honeymoon were pretty boring, and they didn't really do anything for a good 2/3 of the book. When I read the first book, I thought Ethan was going to be the protagonist of the series, but he really is just a major letdown. He has zero character growth in this book (ditto
Don Viecelli
Nov 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
From My Newsletter Number 87:

This review is on Dark Space IV: Revenge by Jasper T. Scott. This is the fourth book in the series I have read by this author. It has been a while since I read Book 3.

The book starts out with Master Commander Lenon Donali dropping out of superluminal space (SLS) near Dark Space where the last humans found refuge from the Sythians and the Gors. Now Donali was testing a Sythian implant that could be used for tracking purposes to make sure the Sythians would not find th
Mary Lee
Not my favorite

This was not my favorite in the series. In fact, I had a hard time getting through it. People seemed so far out of character or just plain stupid. First, is Alara a Synthian human? I wouldn't be surprised. She spent the entire book whining, complaining and being a pain. Captain Corbin was all stupid when encountering the Avalonians for the first time. Got people killed with her arrogance and refusal to listen to Atton, who was the one sent to meet and talk with them. Then we get G
William
Apr 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"O M G", OMNIUS MEANS GOD, April 4, 2015

This review is from: Dark Space (Book 4): Revenge (Kindle Edition)

WOW! When I finished Dark Space III I said I was "Blown Away". I just finished Book IV - Revenge and I'm not sure if I've been "Blown-Up, "Blown-Back" or "Blown-Around". Whatever, it was exciting. This book provides a great answer to the "Where are we going?" question but hasn't addressed the "Where did we come from?" question. I'm hoping this will be addressed in the next book in this fa
Kevin
Feb 25, 2015 rated it liked it
The series is just not getting it done for me. My first pet peeve - if you are going to use curse words fine, use them. Don't make up words. It sounds silly and I guess tells me the books are written for a less mature audience. If you don't feel comfortable using swears in your writing - simply don't use them.

Genocide, criminal masterminds, undisciplined military, body changing, mind chipping, cloning, immortals, and an AI God complete with his own heaven and hell. This and previous books are a
Séverine
Wow! I was amazed by the three first books but this one is simply... OMG!

The plot is so incredible, the twists totally unexpected and the characters are better than ever.

Spoilers Alert!!

Who could have imagined that I would actually cry at Tova's death? Certainly not me! But I did it... and a lot! 'Cause the moment of her death and her last talk with Hoff were truly heartbreaking.

What about Hoff's death? Well, at first, I didn't feel sad so sure I was that Destra had somehow fixed his LifeLink wh
Trevor
May 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The return to the Dark Space universe in book 4 revenge. This was the best book in the series so far, a very good story line that continues on from the original trilogy. I have the feeling they have jumped from the frying pan into the fire and I am looking forward to the next book. The characters continue to develop well and the story does not rely on just one main star. That being said, I do like Ethan Ortane. He had a quiet start but came into his own in the 2nd half of the book, reminds me of ...more
Michael Fraser
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rebert

a very good story line well written.
awaits the next book in the series and recommend reading for anyone with love for scientific future community.
Ted
Oct 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Redeemed

Scott made the right decision in bringing aboard an editor. The proof is in the pudding. What we're left with is a more matured, crisp story that echoes the impact of the first book.

Plenty of action and fun as any Dark Space fan has come to expect, with an ever expanding universe and a promising set up for Book 5—hopefully, the stars will correlate.
Romulo Ponticelli
May 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
That's an amazing book. The treatment of the author of the crisis situation, and the way it deals with the relationting between unexpected life prolongation with technology and its limits, and AI, is very intresting.
Pete Panse
Jun 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Series

One of the best series of books I've read so far this summer. Waiting till fall for the next book will be tough. I curious how this will end? Life on Avilon needs more depth. And what of the war?
Carmen
Apr 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jasper has out done himself with this entry into the Dark Space series. This story line had me chomping at the bit for more. I received an early edition as a beta reader and can say that you will enjoy this once it is officially released.
Jim Murphy
May 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Scott has done it again !

A 5 star effort --- Scott has seamlessly answered many of the questions of the previous three books ! And has done it all in his fine style ! If you have read the previous books in the series ---YOU HAVE TO READ THIS ONE ! Outstanding !
Chris Bullock
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The continuing story simply gets better and better. The battle sequences keep you on the edge of your seat, and when you think the plot is resolving itself it is suddenly turned on its head. The whole series is excellent and well worth following through to the end.
Adam Cagle
Jun 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Continued goodness... the Artificial Intelligence created Utopia of Avalon is being peeled back layer by layer and Ethan Ortane's story returns as more of the main focus.
Terry Stiles
Sep 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jasper-t-scott
Ryan Smith
Dec 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Jasper Scott's books are so engrossing and always leave you wanting more, don't let the length of the books stop you because once you get into the series you'll be hooked!
Jerry Hart
May 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Imaginative and fun, like any good space opera. The finale went on for way too long, though.
Curtis D Mathews
Good read.

Best one yet. I will get the next one in the series right away. You never disappoint me in any of the 4 books I have read so far.
Diane
Jun 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
I love this series. I can't wait for more!
David Edwards
Fairly good read.

This book is a reasonable next step after the trilogy. Opens up a few more plot points. Whilst closing a few points off from the trilogy.
  • Captured (The Prometheus Project, #2)
  • On the Imperium's Secret Service (Imperium Cicernus, #1)
  • Freedom's Dawn (The Frontiers Saga #4)
  • Sliding Void (Sliding Void, #1)
  • Awakening on Orbis 4 (The Softwire #4)
  • Spinward Fringe Broadcast 3: Triton (Spinward Fringe, #3)
  • Smoke & Mirrors (Brainrush, #5)
  • Little Green Men
  • The Attribute of the Strong (Battle for the Solar System #3)
  • Pennsylvania (Pennsylvania, #1)
Jasper Scott is the USA Today best-selling author of more than 13 novels. He primarily writes science fiction and is most famous for his Dark Space series, which has been translated into German and Japanese and has over 300,000 books sold to date.

Jasper was born and raised in Canada by South African parents, with a British cultural heritage on his mother's side and German on his father's, to which

Dark Space (6 books)
  • Dark Space (Dark Space, #1)
  • The Invisible War (Dark Space, #2)
  • Origin (Dark Space, #3)
  • Avilon (Dark Space, #5)
  • Armageddon (Dark Space, #6)
“how does religion weigh us down?” “If you believe in an afterlife where you will live forever in paradise, why bother going to so much trouble to make a paradise here and live forever in it now? That’s a lot of work for nothing.” 1 likes
“Fear is wasteful,” 0 likes