Start by marking “Pale Kings and Princes (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy, #6)” as Want to Read:
Pale Kings and Princes (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy, #6)

Pale Kings and Princes

(Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy #6)

4.30  ·  Rating details ·  11,541 ratings  ·  1,275 reviews
Published July 21st 2015 (first published July 20th 2015)

Sasha Alsberg
Feb 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ahh so much Sizzy! I feel so bad for Helen, I hope to see more of her storyline in Lady Midnight!
Zoë
Mar 06, 2016 added it
AHHHH

Not much happened in this novella, plot-wise, but I'm happy for SIZZY and the backstory of Helen Blackthorn! This is getting me even more excited for Lady Midnight and the whole anti-Faerie storyline.
description

|3.7 stars|

“This is how a faerie loves: with her whole body and soul. This is how a faerie loves: with destruction.”

Blurb:Simon has an encounter with Downworlders and is reprimanded for not following the rules for Academy students interacting with Downworlders. A story within a story: Andrew Blackthorn, while a student at the Academy, becomes enthralled by a faerie and has two children with her: Mark and Helen.

Isabelle, I just have one thing to say.

description

Miss Lightwood absolutely blew my mind. She
Maureen
Mar 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Feeling a lot of SIZZY FEELINGS after this one, but what the crap was that ending???
Andie
SIZZY FEELS!!! This was so so good! One of my favorites so far. But what the eff is up with that ending?!

"This is how a faerie loves: with her whole body and soul. This is how a faerie loves: with destruction."

"This is how a faerie loves: with a gift."

Come on Cassie, we need more to this story!
Melanie
“This is how a faerie loves: with a gift.”

Easily one of my favorite short stories set in the Shadowhunter world. Summer is over, and Simon is back at the academy for his second year! But Helen Blackthorn and Aline Penhallow mean more to me than 99% of the characters I’ve spent all of 2018 reading about nonstop. But, can we please kill off professor Mayhew already? Like, I’m begging. What an insufferable asshole. But the Institute brings Helen to force her to tell the story of her half fae pa
Anastasia
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5/5 stars

Pale Kings and Princes was everything you want from a Simon Lewis story and much much more. This novella has just destroyed my soul. I don't even know what to think. In just a measly 40 pages, I have laughed so hard my side hurt and gotten so angry my whole body burned with hatred. The writing was beautiful, Cassandra Clare and Robin Wasserman are definitely my favorite of the collaborating groups present in this bind up of novellas. They write Simon to a tee, they write the Simon w
Souma BookAddict

“This is how a faerie loves: with her whole body and soul.
This is how a faerie loves: with destruction.
This is how a faerie loves: with a gift.”

I gave it five stars not for all the SIZZY moments, I mean I loved them and I was so happy for them, but it was actually for Helen’s backstory. It was amazing, and that ending was just so heartbreaking, I absolutely loved the REAL story behind Andrew and Arthur Blackthorn's day spent in the Seelie Court. It's actually pretty tragic.

I’m just amazed an
Athena ღ
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Απίστευτα στενάχωρη η ιστορία της Έλεν και το πως της συμπεριφέρονται. Το μόνο παρηγορητικό είναι ότι έχει βρει το στήριγμα της.

Ελπίζω στη συνέχεια της σειράς the dark artifices να αλλάξουν τα πράγματα!

“It's hard to believe how much light you can find in the darkness, when you have someone who loves you.”
Erika
May 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I SIZZY FINALMENTE CAZZO ERA ORA
Alexa ❤️
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

(view spoiler)
Isa Cantos (Crónicas de una Merodeadora)
"It's hard to believe how much light you can find in the darkness, when you have someone who loves you".

"Es difícil de creer cuánta luz puedes encontrar en la oscuridad cuando tienes a alguien que te ama".

¿Podemos hablar del asco que dan muchísimos Shadowhunters? ¡Comparto totalmente la indignación de Simon en este relato con respecto a lo que le están haciendo a Helen Blackthorn!

En Pale Kings and Princes la invitada a la Shadowhunter Academy es Helen Blackthorn, quien al final de la Guerra fue
Banny Carstairs
Jul 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“She smiled and it was the kind of smile you give to someone who can make you want to throttle them and kiss them all at the same time.”

Too much Sizzy

On the other side, I loved everything about the Blackthorn family, dude, Im so hooked about them, that ending
manuela
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Easily my favorite story so far! I loved everything about it. After a summer spent home, Simon is finally back at the academy, where Helen Blackthorn is "invited" to share a lesson. I really felt for Helen, I can't wait to read more about her and Aline.
"Trust a faerie at your own risk, because they care for nothing but themselves. They sow nothing but destruction. And their preferred weapon is human love. This is the lesson I've been asked to teach you. And so I have."

rebecca ɤ
Feb 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novellas
❝ I saw pale kings and princes too,
Pale warriors, death-pale were they all;
They cried—“La Belle Dame sans Merci
Hath thee in thrall! ❞

❝ But I know your blood doesn’t define you. What defines you is the choices you make. ❞

❝ He took her in his arms and kissed her—kissed her the way he’d been longing to kiss her since he first laid eyes on her, kissed her not like a romance novel hero or a Shadowhunter warrior or some imaginary character from the past, but like Simon Lewis kissing the girl he loved
Pinky
Mar 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I told you that I would keep reading and I meant it! This was another amazing nouvella, probably would be my favorite out of all of them so far. I am just so so happy right now! I can't wait to read more, I can't wait to catch up to everyone so that I can talk to them about it. These nouvellas just keep getting better and better.

This takes place after the ev
Frannie Pan
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: z-2015, novellas
Simon, Izzy.. IT WAS ABOUT GODDAMN TIME!!!

I'll spare you all the "I'm forever and ever in love with Cassandra Clare, she'll never disappoint me" crap.
Not because it's crap, but you should all know that by now. So, moving on.

In this novella, Helen strikes a deal: she'll be allowed to return to Alicante for one day and one night to marry Aline if she tells the story of her parents to the Academy students.
It might seem not too relevant, but the Shadowhunter world is not a fair and just one. Having
Angigames
Aug 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cassandra Clare MALVAGIA!
Malvagia e furba! Furba perché sa benissimo fin dove spingersi senza però violare l’invisibile confine del dire troppo, malvagia perché, andiamo, mi concludi la novella con una rivelazione del genere e ti aspetti che io rimanga calma e stoica fino all’uscita di LM?!?!?!
Cioè, mi vuoi male Clare!
Vuoi che, quando finalmente potrò stringere quel benedettissimo libro tra le mani, avrò talmente i nervi a fior di pelle che non mi gusterò nemmeno un capitolo, divorerò tutto! (
Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)
Mar 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
THIS NOVELLA. HOLY CRAP. This novella was fantastic. One of my favorites by far.

I'm really starting to dislike the Shadowhunter mentality and this novella just happens to back that dislike up even more. I hate how Shadowhunters think they are above everyone else. Mundanes, werewolves, warlocks, and the rest of the Downworlders. You name it, Shadowhunters thing they are above all.

And I especially hate the way they treat Helen Blackthorn. My heart breaks for her and Aline! Shadowhunters truly trea
Kimi
Jun 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, crews
Gah. These novellas keep getting better and better! I highly recommend this collection to everyone who enjoyed the shadowhunters books.
Reem Ghabbany
May 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is amazing people. I love this one so much. Simon and Izzy's relationship is finally working out.
I felt so sorry for Helen. The clave can be a real bitch sometimes.
My favorite part was the last part where they told what actually happened. I teared up a little bit
Marce♡
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amo Sizzy. Amo Sizzy. Amo Sizzy. Amo Sizzy. Amo Sizzy. Amo Sizzy.

Con este tipo de cosas mi obsesión por Sizzy crece cada y cada vez más *o*

Me gustó leer sobre Helen y me hizo querer leer TDA T^T

Mar 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
SIZZY *-*
Myrza H Darmaditya
Jul 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
"I love you, she told him, night after night, for seven years. Faeries cannot lie, and he knew that."

Oh My God, Cassandra Clare finally did it again! This novella is my favorite after The Whitechapel Fiend! The story glides effortlessly, I devoured this in one sitting only. The story itself is beautiful and tragic at the same time. It’s good to see Simon finally man up and let go all of his insecurities towards Izzy. He’s so determined to win her back. I love how the story goes and the develop
Marija *Don't Even Try To Save Me Tonight*
This is not cool. How can they make them believe that everything she did was out of cruelness? I'm talking about Helen's mother. At first I too believed it happened that way but after reading that last bit of the story... God, it was so heartbreaking. I get that she wanted to be that way but I wish that someone will discover her true intentions. But I highly doubt that. It's unfair. And poor Helen for believing a lie and for others treating her like that. She doesn't deserve that. Mark neither. ...more
Courtney (bookplaces)
Sep 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
3.5 Stars - I am enjoying reading about the flaws of the Shadowhunters in the Shadowhunter Academy novellas. My heart broke for Helen and the awful treatment she received at the hands of the Shadowhunters in authority at the Academy. The Cold Peace is truly cold. I appreciated the opportunity to get to know Helen more and learn a little more about the older Blackthorns and their heritage. And YES! to Simon speaking truth about the prejudice treatment of faeries, even to Izzy.

No secret, I love S
Jess at Such a Novel Idea
This series of novellas just keep getting better and better!!

4.5/5 stars
Trina (Between Chapters)
Pretty middle of the road on this one. Lots of Simon and Izzy. More details about faeries and how thing stand with them going into Lady Midnight.
Alessia
Mar 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stelline
Sto cercando di leggere le novelle più velocemente possibile perché non vedo l'ora di iniziare Lady midnight aaa
Tales From The Sh...: Pale Kings and Princes 1 13 Aug 07, 2015 04:32AM
Listen to an excerpt 1 7 Jul 21, 2015 08:09AM
  • Not for Humans
  • The Moment (Lila, #0.6)
  • The Mortal Heart (Beautiful Creatures: The Untold Stories, #1)
  • The Night After I Lost You (The Lynburn Legacy, #1.5)
  • Ride the Wind (Flipped Fairy Tale #3)
  • Die Once More (Revenants, #3.5)
  • The Ash-Born Boy (The Near Witch, #0.5)
  • Falling for an Angel (Falling, #1)
  • Old Habits (Wicked Lovely, #2.6)
  • A Minor Raven Boys Holiday Drabble (The Raven Cycle, #0.4)
  • Arriane's Day Out (Fallen Shorts, #0.5)
  • Uncanny Magazine Issue 3: March/April 2015
  • Starcrossed City (Starcrossed, #0.5)
  • The Meeting (Vampire Academy, #1.5)
  • The First Kiss (The Iron Fey, #1.25)
  • Thorne (The Chronicles of Kaya, #2)
  • The Dark Discovery of Jack Dandy (Steampunk Chronicles, #2.5)
  • The Death of Me (Johannes Cabal, #3.2)
Hello Goodreadsers. Here's my official bio:

Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy
  • Welcome to Shadowhunter Academy (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy, #1)
  • The Lost Herondale (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy, #2)
  • The Whitechapel Fiend (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy, #3)
  • Nothing but Shadows (Tales from Shadowhunter Academy, #4)
  • The Evil We Love (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy, #5)
  • Bitter of Tongue (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy, #7)
  • The Fiery Trial (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy, #8)
  • Born to Endless Night (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy, #9)
  • Angels Twice Descending (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy, #10)
“Simon, don’t you think I’m scared of that too? You’re not the only one on that ledge. If we jump, we jump together. We fall together.” 58 likes
“It's hard to believe how much light you cand find in the darkness, when you have someone who loves you.” 33 likes