Start by marking “The Whitechapel Fiend (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Whitechapel Fiend (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy, #3)

The Whitechapel Fiend

(Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy #3)

4.32  ·  Rating details ·  15,098 ratings  ·  1,770 reviews
Jack the Ripper stalks through London, and only the Shadowhunters can stop him. One of ten adventures in Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy.

Simon learns the truth behind the Jack the Ripper murders—“Jack” was stopped by Will Herondale and his institute of Victorian Shadowhunters.

This standalone e-only short story follows the adventures of Simon Lewis, star of the #1 New Y
Published April 21st 2015

To ask other readers questions about The Whitechapel Fiend, please sign up.
Tina It's written as a series of statements.
Jack was killed by (1) Will; (2) his former parabatai, and; (3) the Institute of Victorian Shadowhunters.

Poorl…more
It's written as a series of statements.

Poorly written. Should have used semi colons instead of commas. (less)

·  15,098 ratings  ·  1,770 reviews

Start your review of The Whitechapel Fiend (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy, #3)
Sasha Alsberg
Feb 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
SO many amazing moments in this tale. We got taken back to the 1800s with Jem, Will and Tessa. I laughed and cried (happy tears of course) and laughed some more thanks to Jace:

“Good night, Wiggles.”
“Wiggles?”
“Yes, Wiggles. Your nickname? It’s what you always made us call you. I almost forgot your name was Simon, I’m so used to calling you Wiggles.”
“Wiggles? What does that . . . even mean?”
“You would never explain,” Jace said with a shrug. “It was the big mystery about you. As I said, good night,
Zoë
Mar 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
SO GOOD! We got Simon and George of course (the cutest boys), but we were also absolutely spoiled with Jace, Tessa, Jem, and MY LOVE WILL HERONDALE! Cassandra Clare puts a new spin on the mystery of Jack the Ripper, which actually started to make a lot of sense, and we get to see the next generation of Herondale babies who we will be focusing on in The Last Hours! Such a treat of a novella and I can't wait to start the next novella in the morning!

P.S. The narrator of the audio book has the most
Sandra
Feb 16, 2015 marked it as to-read
THE SYNOPSIS MENTIONS WILL HERONDALE

WILL. MY WILL

description

Blurb: Simon learns the truth behind the Jack the Ripper murders—“Jack” was stopped by Will Herondale, his former parabatai, and his institute of Victorian Shadowhunters aka cool stuff about Jack The Ripper and lots of Herondale feels.

I’m going to try separate two thing here.
First I’m going to talk about Simon and how he’s doing in the Academy and then I’ll go with the Herondale factor in this story.

BEWARE: Lots of feels and crying were involved in the writing of this review.

Alright, in this n
Katerina
Dec 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
“Once, I was not called Tessa Gray but Tessa Herondale.”

Help me, my heart lies bleeding on the floor.

Will Herondale as a father. A husband. A loving parabatai despite everything. How could I not love this story? Action, mystery, and the true story about Jack the Ripper's reign of terror, combined with ordinary and not-so-ordinary moments between Will and Tessa, they made The Whitechapel Fiend a gift and a curse and left me craving for more. Jace's cameo was simply the cherry on top,
Maureen
Mar 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This gets 5 stars because WILL TESSA JEM MY HEART.
I loved going back to their world and also getting some Simon and Jace friendship action.
SO MANY EMOTIONS.
Viktoria
Apr 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
You can sell me anything blurbed with the name Will Herondale. I finished the Infernal devices like 2 years ago and still not over it. It hurts so much.

AFTER READING
William my eternal love you never disappoint.
I'm not the biggest fan of the City of Bones generation but I love the Infernal Devices characters. They are the best characters Cassandra Clare's written so far and probably they'll remain the best. At least for me.
I laughed and I had my tears of grief. Loved this.

Andie
Mar 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So many Wessa Feels! I can't deal! There's a reason I'm currently re reading The Infernal Devices, it simply does not get any better than this group of characters. I'm sorry, Simon who? I forgot this was supposed to be his novella.
Sofii♡ (A Book. A Thought.)

“I am Tessa Gray,” she said in a low, clear voice. “And I believe in the importance of stories.”

ONE OF MY FAVORITE NO DOUBT !!!
I'VE LOVED IT COMPLETELY!!

The combination of Jace and Simon always makes me laugh! :)
plus : Will & Tessa :3
Anastasia
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5/5 stars

The Whitechapel Fiend is the third novella in the Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy. It seems like every novella is better than the last. The relationship Simon is forming with his new and new/semi-old friends is so cute and awkward it makes me smile and tear up all at the same time. We get to meet and hear stories about some of my favorite characters of all time, Simon learns new ninja skills, and forges some (I spy something that starts with S.) super friendships. George is t
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Mar 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
SO MANY OF MY FAVE CHARACTERS IN THIS ONE <3 ...more
Ikram
Apr 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, fantasy, favorites
If you are a Shadowhunter fan and you still haven't read these novellas, what are you doing with your life!!! I'm telling you, you want to read this. YOU WANT TO READ THIS!

I really didn't think I would get the chance to read about my favorite trio in this novella. It was such a nice surprise to find Tessa, Jem and the love of my life WILL HERONDALE.

The nostalgia you guys the NOSTALGIA! I think might just ditch everything in my life right now just to reread the whole Infernal Devices trilogy.
Melanie
“The trick to falling is not to fall…”

Oh, my word, there was a lot to like about this one! Not only do we get to see Jace training Shadowhunter kids to jump out of trees, we also get to see Tessa, Will, and Jem solving… get ready for it… the Jack the Ripper murders in 1888 London! Like, I was for sure not expecting to wake up and read that today! But what a gift!

Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch

(I read this in Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy!) ✨
Jenny
Jun 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
WILLLLLLLLLL <3

oh hi Jace.
Mikee (ReadWithMikee)
This novella just made me realize how much I missed The Infernal Devices so much.

I miss Tessa, Will, Jem, and everybody else that was a part of The Infernal Devices. It was really great to see a glimpse of how their lives were after the events of Clockwork Princess. I wish their story went on forever.

However, I was a little surprised how very little this novella had to do with Simon. Don't get me wrong, I love Tessa and all of the characters from The Infernal Devices, but I was expecting more of
♡Jacqueline♡ beautyliterate
THE FEELS
Liam
Jan 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Is Cassandra Clare trying to destroy me or ??? This was literally so emotional, my heart was not ready for more Will/Jem/Tessa but I loved it! Simon and Jace's bromance is my favourite, ugh this series is so great!!
Alexa ❤️
Dec 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Carolina Carriço
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this one!!! First because of Jem&Will&Tessa, secondly because of Jace and finally because Simon was finally super cute to Izzy! ...more
bec ɤ
Feb 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
❝ There were few people in the world who understood how much Will and Jem had loved each other, did love each other, and how much Will missed him. But Tessa did. ❞

❝ Dear heart,” he said. He took her hand and kissed it. “Who knows your courage better than I? ❞

THE AMOUNT OF TIMES I CRIED DURING THIS BC WESSA FEELS
Esther
Mar 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
ONLY CAUSE WILL IS MENTIONED
Pinky
Apr 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“No, Jamie,” Will urged. “Your honorable father has been impugned. Attack, attack!”

Oh my gosh, I AM SO HAPPY I LOVED THIS NOUVELLA SO MUCH! THIS MIGHT BE MY FAVORITE STORY FROM THE SHADOW HUNTER ACADEMY SO FAR! Ugh, the feels and how all of the characters are back. I loved reading more with the characters I love and learning more about their past! This review might have spoilers for the Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices so I suggest that you do not read this review.

The Character
Rachael ( RachaelRexds )
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
this novella was creepy af HAHAH but still great!!
Amelia Oswald
Seriously after the spoon scene (Admit it guys. It was adorable !!) I want to see him again in Chain of Gold !! Now I remember how I spent my time after reading Turtles All the Way Down
Bookphenomena (Micky)

There was lots I enjoyed about this one, especially Tessa's lecture and that throwback longish scene. The conundrum for me, is that not having read TMI series, I don't know who Jace, Simon etc are and so there are holes in my knowledge. That said, it was interesting still. I'm reading these stories that have been flagged as useful before CHAIN OF GOLD.
Frannie Pan
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: z-2015, novellas
Oh my God, OH MY GOD THE FEELS!!

This is probably the best one so far. How could it not be? Jace was being his usual smug self and such a show-off, I had forgotten how goddamn awesome he was;
Will and Tessa and Jem faced together (just like the old times..) Jack the Ripper, who wasn't what us mundanes think he was.
MY. FEELS.

I wish there was more Jem, I wish there had been more dialogues with Tessa and Jace and I just with this had been so much longer!
That's the thing with Cassandra Clare. She gi
Rachel Remeny
SO SO SO SO SO GOOD OMFG
✨    jamieson   ✨
This was my favourite Shadowhunter Academy so far. Maybe because I have a HUGE weakness for Will and Tessa Herondale.
Susana
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it

I missed seeing the trio so much ❤

P.S.: I love Jem Carstairs with all my heart 💕
Iz
"Dear heart," he said. He took her hand and kissed it. "Who knows your courage better than I?"

EXCUSE ME WHILE I DIE IN A PUDDLE OF WESSA FEELS.
I think I'll never get over how beautiful and painful their story is.
Will and Tessa's story is and will probably remain one of my favourite love stories of all times.
(Even though I haven't had the courage to open Clockwork Princess since reading that epilogue.)
(My heart just can't take it yet.)

This short story was a rightful portrait of their life afte
Tales From The Sh...: The Whitechapel Fiend 2 22 Apr 22, 2015 05:06AM

• The Assassin and the Healer (Throne of Glass, #0.2)
  • The Assassin and the Pirate Lord (Throne of Glass, #0.1)
  • The Assassin and the Underworld (Throne of Glass, #0.4)
  • Imagine Me (Shatter Me, #6)
  • The Assassin and the Desert (Throne of Glass, #0.3)
  • Percy Jackson and the Stolen Chariot (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4.6)
  • Shadow Me (Shatter Me, #4.5)
  • The Assassin and the Empire (Throne of Glass, #0.5)
  • Heartstopper: Volume Three (Heartstopper, #3)
  • Destroy Me (Shatter Me, #1.5)
  • Heartstopper: Become Human
  • Fracture Me (Shatter Me, #2.5)
  • Reveal Me (Shatter Me, #5.5)
  • The Lost Sisters (The Folk of the Air, #1.5)
  • Lore Olympus, Season 2
Hello Goodreadsers. Here's my official bio:

Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy (1 books)
  • Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy