Start by marking “Rush (Pandemic Sorrow, #2)” as Want to Read:
Rush (Pandemic Sorrow, #2)

Rush

(Pandemic Sorrow #2)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  441 ratings  ·  92 reviews
It’s my job to play music, to make girls wet, and then to screw a select few of them. I’m a professional rocker. I’m rich, I’m famous, I’m one lucky son-of-a-bitch. I have everything - except control.

The industry owns me. And the only thing I have a minuscule grain of control with is women, but not that dominate, tie you up and gag you kind of control. No, I want to govern
Published December 13th 2014 (first published December 3rd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Rush, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rush

really liked it 4.00  ·

Mojo_Mama
Some books are just not worth the energy of a review. SG Ladies...avoid, avoid, avoid. The H is so not redeemable on any level. He fucks OW purposefully to hurt the h...pretty much in her face on a nightly basis. And has no real remorse. The only reason anyone would be with the H is for what he could give them or do for them....seriously. There's even an AIDS scare cuz he doesn't wrap up every time :/
Jeynna ( The Romance Junkie)
2.5-3 stars.

This is my first book by Stevie j.cole and my second rock star read this year. Well, it is an okay read.
description

Rush is the manwhore,sex crazed bassist for a band called Pandemic Sorrow. He enjoys women ( a lot) , booze and drugs. He swears a lot, curse a lot, got no shame and no filter. Rush was addicted to sex. He uses women to get through his own demon and although most of the women practically throw themselves to him, he is an epic man-whore. And there is a reason for that and that reas
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Dec 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
description

'Sex is just part of life; it’s an ingrained physical need that you don’t have to understand. Love-that’s what people should be saving. Love is what can rip you to pieces, or make you complete. It’s what connects you on a whole new level to a person, not sex.’

We first met Rush, the dirty mouthed, sex crazed bassist for Pandemic Sorrow in Jag. On the surface he came across as a bit dense though gifted musically, possessing a sexual prowess that left us exhausted and needing a cigarette!! He’s a d
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog

Lorie
Oct 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Stevie J Cole writes THE best rock stars!

The guys of Pandemic Sorrow are gross disgusting dirty whores, and I LOVE THEM!!! Only Stevie can make you fall in love with a total and utter douche bag. I swear Stevie was a manwhore in her previous life, or she’s hiding a penis underneath her skirt because she nails the crude and uncensored male rocker POV.

Did you know there was a rock star code of conduct???? Well, there is:

description

Rush has no problem following the rocker code of conduct, but he also has no
~Dawn~TUG
Nov 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
**copy kindly given to us to read, and review for http://www.twounrulygirls.com thanks hooker! Lol **

Rush crush...he's an immature rockstar that matures with the love of a good woman...my crack! Full review to go with tour...if you haven't read a Stevie J. Cole book you need to...her writing is ah-mazing!

Review

There are some things that are just known…like rituals of life that take place…no rhyme or reason you can take them for granted and just go through the motions…those things. Like the fact
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
I absolutely love rock star books. Rush can be read as a standalone but now I plan to read the author’s debut book, Jag, after Cathy raved about it. Rush is gritty, sexy, rough and does not paint such a glamorous picture of the rock star life.

Rush and Jules, the manager for his band Pandemic Sorrow’, clearly have an attraction to each other. But Rush can’t stay away from almost every girl he comes in contact with. If he isn’t a sex addict, I don’t know who is! Jules is there for every show and s
Heather C
Jun 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Re-Release!

I read this series back to back so full disclosure, this review is going to be combined for all three books. I will say this, it's been fun going on a ride with these guys and the entire time I kept thinking that I wanted a book for Stone. So when I got the release blitz info and saw that he was getting his own book, I might have squealed a little.

Jag is the first book in the series and it focuses on the lead singer of Pandemic Sorrow. He's a know womanizer and has a serious drug pr
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
☆☆☆☆.5
~ Ali

Stevie Cole delivers yet again with a behind the curtain, gritty story of the life of a rockstar. Written along the same timeline as the first story in this series, Jag, Rush gives readers a different perspective of what is going on in the band Pandemic Sorrow. We follow along with Rush the Bassist who has embraced the life of sex, drugs, and rock & roll to the fullest. As a reader you are torn from wanting to hit him or possibly you know, climb him like a tree. That is the exact
Lustful Literature
Jan 10, 2015 rated it liked it
**JODIE'S REVIEW**

*3.5 Stars*

“I think life has ways of humbling you. It has its moments that knock your feet out from under you, suck the breath out of you, and force you to realize what’s important.”

I first met Rush when I read Jag so I was prepared for his dirty mouth and his man whoring self. Seriously I have never met a man who had sex like this man. I felt like I needed sex addiction therapy for him. I am not kidding this man is the face beside sex addict in the dictionary actually scratc
Tara  TUG
Oct 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When I read the first book Ms. Cole wrote I thought who the hell thinks like this. Who the hell has this kind of brilliance in their head? Then I had a few conversations with her and realized she does- that’s who. She walks her own path when writing, but the one thing that is for sure, when you finish- you will be left in awe at the crazy ride she just took you on. I have loved being on this journey as Stevie finds her mojo and who she is. She is passionate and it comes through in her characters ...more
Sanne Heremans
Dec 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, rock-star, man-whore
***ARC provided in exchange for an honest review - Sanne/Scandalous Book Blog***

Rush is the embodyment of a manwhore, never have I ever seen a character quite like this. But be sure he'll get's a MAJOR wake up call at some point that not only involves him but others around him as well.

Now putting his manwhore manners aside he does have a certain soft spot for the bands assistent manager Jules who has been with them from pretty much the get go.

These two have shared a connection from day one but
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Jan 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: loved-it
This is my first read by this author and what a great way to start as I really enjoyed this story. Rush can be read as a standalone although after reading this I'll certainly be going back and reading book one.

Rush is a rock star. He's also a man whore who jumps into bed with any woman he meets. The one woman he truly wants is Jules his tour manager. She wants him but is wary as she knows of his bad ways. Can he show her his true self?

If you like rocker bands then I highly recommend this story.
Naughty Mom Story Time
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars for Rush and Jules

Rush Wilder's experiences with fame were quite similar to Jag's. The easy access to drugs, the constant supply of women. It was all overwhelming and those higher up in the industry only fuel that flame of destruction to maintain their control over the band.

Where Jag's addiction numbed his pain, Rush's addictions allied him to feel and Jules was the one that could help him do that without of all the synthetic assistance or warm bodies kneeling at his feet. But Jules was
Vickie
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow. These Pandemic Sorrow boys really do know how to make me feel torn. On one hand I really want to love them but on the other, they do insist on repeatedly messing everything up and that in turns makes me hate them....And then they do something that makes me go awwww and I'm back to thinking they're maybe not that bad.

I found Rush a lot easier to like and connect with compared to the other characters. Even though he's a whore, rude and at times disgusting, I still loved him. Once you get pas
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
Staying true to the rock star code of conduct...
I was looking forward to reading Rush's story. He got my attention in the previous book and I enjoyed his easy going attitude and sense of humor. Yes, he's the ultimate rock star manwhore who takes advantage of his fame and easy access to the groupies. He's cocky and unapologetic regarding his behavior. Actually, rather than being discouraged by his record label, he's being encouraged to draw media attention with his bad behavior. It's all about ma
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4.5 Stars!

This is my first book by this author but I will be going back to read Jag. This is the second book in a new rock star series that will leave your panties wet and you begging for more. While this book is a standalone, for full impact I imagine reading book one prior gives the series more completeness. This book was amazing. It was full of angst, drama, steam, sexy times, and had one bad boy, dirty talking rocker who could make you swoon at the blink of an eye.

This is Jules and Rush's st
Lindsey Melia
Dec 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If You read Jag you will have been dying for this book! Well I was. And Stevie didn't let me down. This was another book by her that sucked me in. I literally read this book in over an hour. Stevie makes speed reading happen, as you will see when you start this book.

This book isn't as dark as Jag. Which is good. This book as me and Stevie were saying is about Rush who is Oh so sexy, but not the brightest crayon in the box LOL. But I fell in love with him.

And boy did I wanna kill him in parts o
1-Click Addict Support Group
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I adore rock star books, always have. I read Stevie J. Cole's debut book, Jag, a few months ago and was blown away by it. Getting my hands on Rush was just as satisfying. I love that Stevie doesn't shy away from some subjects that seem to either be glossed over or skipped entirely by other books in this genre. There is real grit and substance to her stories.

Rush has a thing for Pandemic Sorrow's tour manager, Jules. But he also has a thing for every other groupie paraded through the back room af
Rob
Jan 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Reading this book straight after Jag wasn’t really the best thing to do. I should have left a gap. The reason being is that Jag and Rush are very similar. They both live the typical rockstar life of sex and drugs and rock n roll.

Whereas Jag was a total mess with his drug habit, Rush was more responsible with his drugs, if that makes sense! He had a handle on it and used more for recreational reasons. He controlled the drugs, they didn’t control him. The difference between the two of them was tha
Oct 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
if you loved Jag then you are gonna love Rush. Rush is in face, down and gritty story. Rush is your typical manwhore rocker but he has a thing for Jules. Jules thinks that Rush is a disgusting manwhore and wants nothing to do with him. Watch as them come together with fireworks. Rush will soon learn exactly why Jag was so lost. The men of Pandemic Sorrow are going to ruin you for any other rocker.
Natalie M
3.5 stars. I enjoyed it, but not as much as the first book. The majority of the book details Rush's experiences with random groupies and there is not much interaction with him and the heroine, Jules until the last 30-40% or so. I get that this is how his reputation is and he is the famous man-whore rockstar, but it was a bit much. The writing is excellent though and I will be reading more from this author.
Tami Jacobi
May 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Awesome series!!!
Sassy Southern
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rush Wilder is the bassist in Pandemic Sorrow and best friends with lead singer Jag Steele. Like Jag he is a womanizer and uses drugs very frequently. After a visit with a doctor he is told that he is a sex addict and has chronic anxiety. He is living the rock star life but attracted to one woman that he shouldn't be, Jules, the assistant to his manager Jules.

Jules is attracted to Rush and one night gives in to her attraction to him but realizes it was a mistake. One that she doesn't want to re
Books Laid Bare
Jun 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars
After the first book and the journey that Jag took, I was looking forward to this book I thought that Rush would be everything I expected…well I was only half right.
He was everything I thought he would be but that was the bad bits, the good bits and they did come, so bear with him were what I hadn’t anticipated.
I think it is safe to say that he made no bones about the fact that he enjoyed the company of women, he was a walking embodiment of what a m****ore really is but everyone has th
Rebecca Austin
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-sassy
This was another great book in this series. I liked that we got to see another side of Rush a little in this one but it was definitely an eye-opener to see what his life was like.

Rush is addicted to sex and it was ironic to see him dealing with an STD and some other things. It was interesting how James was able to exploit every little thing to his advantage to stay in control of the band and how he truly wanted them as bad boys.

There was a different side of Rush that we got to see at the hospit
Treena Ross - Rockstar Book Muse
Jun 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Rockstar Book Lovers
4.5 STARS

I loved this book by this wonderful author. Rush is such a great character he has his issues and he is a broken so he is the kind of guy I love to read about!!

Rush is a sex crazed over the top dirty talking bassist with the bnd Pandemic Sorrow. This story is full of undesirable activities but how so fun to read. Lots and lots of sex, once again addiction. The Hero is hard to understand unless you have a good understanding of the Rockstar life and as far as I am concerned this author did
Di
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: musicians
Another gem

Ahhh, Rush, be still my beating heart.
Stevie J Cole has an amazing talent of turning her characters from one person, into someone completely different. Rush is another perfect example of this evolution.
In Jag' s book, Rush came across as a bit of a douche. However, on this book, you realise there is more to his behaviour, than first imagined. A perfect example of first impressions, and how wrong they can be.
On the surface, Rush doesn't show feelings, and this is where the wrong assum
Shannon
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There is something so ridiculously sweet about a bad**s rock star pining for the one girl he can't have. I mean he could have anyone he wanted but his heart was hopelessly devoted to Jules and that just melted my heart. Of course their love story was no fairytale by any stretch. Rush's story was less dark than Jag's, but still filled with all the typical rock star stereotypes of sex and drugs. There were a couple of twists in the story, and it was highly engaging. I didn't want Rush's story to e ...more
  • Rocked: Joe and Liss (Rocked #1-3)
  • Edible: The Sex Tape
  • Sex, Desires & Rock n' Roll (Redemption Tour, #1)
  • Loving a Lush (Lush #2)
  • Fan Girl (Los Rancheros #1)
  • The Contest (The Contest #1)
  • Wonderwall (Love Me, I'm Famous, #1)
  • With the Band (Luminescent Juliet, #3)
  • Access Unlimited (Access, #3)
  • Living the Dream (Whitman University, #5)
  • Reft
  • Liquid Regret (Liquid Regret, #1)
  • Hourglass (Hourglass #1)
  • Rock F*ck Club
  • Unexplainable (Unexpected, #2)
  • It's Just Love, Not a Time Bomb
  • Rock Bottom (Bullet, #2)
  • The Finish (The Finish, #1)
Stevie J. Cole likes to write realistic stories with raw, gritty characters you should hate but can't help but to love.

She's obsessed with rock music, loves sloths, and has an unnatural obsession with British accents.

Her books are not recommended for the faint of heart.

Pandemic Sorrow (5 books)
  • Jag (Pandemic Sorrow, #1)
  • Roxy (Pandemic Sorrow, #3)
  • Stone (Pandemic Sorrow, #4)
  • Pandemic Sorrow Series (Jag, Rush, & Roxy 3-in-1)