Start by marking “Where the Road Takes Me” as Want to Read:
Where the Road Takes Me

Where the Road Takes Me

Chloe has one plan for the future, and one plan only: the road. She’s made a promise to herself: don’t let anyone in, and don’t let anyone love her. She’s learned the hard way what happens if she breaks her rules. So she’s focused on being invisible and waiting until she can set out on the road—her dream of freedom, at least for a little while.

Blake Hunter is a
Published February 10th 2015 by Skyscape

To ask other readers questions about Where the Road Takes Me, please sign up.
TheLitFangirl If you still need an arc check netgalley.com
it is available for free in e-book format, that's where I got my copy
Emma Kay There's another book out that's pretty popular with the same title as the old one, so she decided to change, so it wasn't in competition with the…moreThere's another book out that's pretty popular with the same title as the old one, so she decided to change, so it wasn't in competition with the other one. (less)

Emily May
Jan 24, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: new-adult, 2015, romance, arc
Honestly, I just can't do it. I cannot finish this book novel story great big cliche.

I tried so hard. I'm the kind of person that's prone to bouts of wanderlust so the blurb made me think myself and the female MC might have a lot in common. Mix in a bit of summer romance and sexy times and I expected to feel like July had come early. It didn't take more than a page for the disappointments to start rolling in.

I'm not joking when I say this book is one irritating cliche after another. On the very first page of chapter one, the male nar
Christy
Oct 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

photo dd659171-ddb4-4068-90a5-03d159e6acf8_zps0c451595.jpg

Where the Road Takes Me is a story about two teenagers named Blake and Chloe. One night, they ‘meet’. Blake is jogging and sees a distressed Chloe. He’s the type of guy that needs to help her and make sure she’s okay. Blake is taken with Chloe from the very start. You can tell Chloe has some sort of feeling for Blake, but she won’t let herself feel. Won’t let her self get too close to anyone.
I knew my future. I knew my fate. And I knew that I had absolutely no control of any of it.

Chloe
Alexis *Reality Bites*
This book is rated ‘W’ for Well Done
5 STARS out of 5
Genre: New Adult Romance

She was invisible, unknown and waiting on her chance to be on the road…
He is visible, well known and he must make a choice… a life changing choice.
One night the visible collides with the unknown removing her cloak of invisibility. So whether she likes it or not… she just became visible, because knowing her changes everything.

photo the road cover final pic1_zpsumrtouwt.jpg

She waclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
changes
not…choice…road…
Romance
She
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*

I don't even know who I am anymore. Most of my friends didn't care for this book. Umm.... I liked it.

I'm supposed to be that hateful bitch that one stars everything. Dammit. I might have gotten slipped some of the kool-aid when I wasn't looking.

This book is chock full of some cliches. You got some insta-love, terminal illness and all kinds of stuff going on. What did I do? I picked the sucker up and could
Jennifer Kyle
Oct 27, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
So NOT Unexpectedly Phenomenal.

description

I swear I took this story on its own merit. I kept an open mind this whole read and I never compared this story to any of the author’s previous works. Sadly this story had a lot that simply just didn’t’ work. It was like a countdown of stars the further I read 5, 4, 3, 2.

It felt like tiny chunks of information were removed here and there tha
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
3-3,5 STARS

I was excited to read this book!!!The synopsis is very alluring and made me want to read this book upon it's arrival.Also if you are a fan of Jay McLean I'm sure you will dying to read it! For me it's the first book from this author and I was very happy when I got my arc.Blake was definitely the highlight of this book for me.He kept my interest till the end.I liked how the book start with Chloe and Blake bump into each other when they didn't expected and start a friendship..Blake is amaz
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
I love Jay but didn't love this one.....Don't get me wrong it wasn't awful, but definitely not my favorite of hers....Review to come.
Geri Reads
Jan 05, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I've been a fan of JayMac's More Than series with More Than Forever being my favorite. Going into this, I wasn't expecting another More Than This/Her/Forever, but I was expecting fluid story telling, flawed yet relatable characters and engaging writing. Sadly, WtRTM failed to meet all of those things.

The Story

The plot has great potential. Chloe is a young girl who has felt invisible all her life. One night, she meets Blake, a popular jock at her school and they have this instantaneous conne
Sophie's Reading Corner
**2 Black Letter Stars**

First of all, I don't know why they changed the previous cover because it was so beautiful!

Blake is a high school -basketball star, who seems like he has the perfect life, but he knows that this isn't true. Chloe is an invisible girl, who wants to stay this way for her own personal reasons. What happens when she meets Blake and suddenly she's not invisible to him anymore? What happens when her only plan in her life is to leave after graduation on an eternal road trip, leaving e
Beverly
Nov 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
LIVE on AMAZON

"Sometimes the wrong path can lead us to the right road."

Chloe is a senior in high school and she has a plan, like most people her age, only her plan is a little different. For the last four years she has spent her time being invisible, she doesn’t want to form relationships or include people in her life. Everything is going according to her plan until one night she meets a guy.

“You know how sometimes you can tell that something is about to happen, even though there are no physicalAMAZON
Patrycja
Nov 14, 2013 rated it liked it
2.75 - 3 stars
Catarina
Nov 28, 2014 rated it liked it
3 Unexpected Stars.

Chloe knows for sure how her life is going to end, so instead of being sad for that she has everything planned out: finish high school, do a road trip with no time limit and just enjoy life with no strings. What she hadn’t planned was Blake, but when one event throws hem together, life has a funny way of throwing them together constantly after that.
They both have feelings for each other, but not only they come from different realities but Chloe is decided not to let anyone a
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
Dec 26, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: arc-for-review

Where the Road Takes me was my first book by Jay McLean. I know that she has a great following and is admired by her fans so it gives me no pleasure to say that this book just didn't work for me in any way.

Why? Well, I don't wish to write chapter and verse or spend hours critiquing a book that wasn't for me so I'll keep it brief... The hero's actions, with regard to his girlfriend made him seem week, juvenile and lacking in integrity. The transitions felt disjointed, the execution of the b/>
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title:Where the Road Takes Me
Series:Standalone
Author:Jay McLean
Release date: March 3 , 2015
Rating:3 stars
Cliffhanger:No
HEA(view spoiler)

When I saw the synopsis for this, I was thoroughly intrigued by the idea of a girl who's plan to escape on the road eclipses everything and everyone around her. My first impression of what the basis of the book was going to be wasn'tstars
3McLean
Release
Glass
Jan 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, road-trip, angst

My first book by Jay McLean.

Expectations?
Sweet love story. Roadtrip. (I love roadtrips.) Probably predictable.

Reality?
I got scared after I saw few not so positive reviews, but I still read it. I was right - it was predictable and full of cliches. I liked it despite that. Yes, it is melodramatic. Yes, some things were over the top. But if you liked, for example, Slammed by Colleen Hoover, I am sure that you will like this book as well.

What I liked?

Where The Road Takes Me is an emotional read. At least for me. I could relate to Chloe andliked?
Where
* Meli Mel *

♥♥♥ 3 STARS ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“You’re my unexpectedly phenomenal, Chloe. You’re my red-letter day.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

As soon as I read the blurb of this, I was intrigued by the road trip story line. Chloe is an eighteen year old girl whose life has been anything but perfect. She has promised herself to never let anyone close, because of a fear she has that involves her family history. As a result, she decides thatclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
5 Stars Pave This Road

*ARC provided per NetGalley*

photo PhotoGrid_1422587081372_zpsacaxwit6.jpg

Chloe and Blake/Hunter…One girl who would want it all...One boy that seemingly had it.

photo PhotoGrid_1422580921127_zps0f5xe4eg.jpg

Strangers to one another yet so vital to each other’s lives for the future.

One night, Fate puts the two on a path to physical collision. Everything they thought they knew they wanted, well, it isn’t quite so clear now.

5 Stars Pave This Road

*ARC provided per NetGalley*

photo PhotoGrid_1422587081372_zpsacaxwit6.jpg

photo PhotoGrid_1422580921127_zps0f5xe4eg.jpg

Strangers to one another yet so vital to each other’s lives for the future.

photo PhotoGrid_1422585967441_zpspyyl7d5m.jpg

This a book with young adults. This is a coming of age story of two characters based on the bravery to take a chance, the acceptance of life and its curveballs, and the trust to believe in someone or something. This is a true love story developed through “Red Letter Days, and “Unexpected Phenomenals.”

I myself fell in love. I read about Chloe and Blake who were so openly fresh and naïve to the future. They developed a friendship and found solid ground while enveloped in a cast of friends and family with constant support and strength.

But at the heart of this tale, the basic question is clear. How much is enough? Can a boy love a girl enough to want her to stay? To live? Can a girl find enough strength in a boy to want a future? Well, the answers to the questions are found on the road that Jay McLean paved.

photo PhotoGrid_1422586712715_zpsci0ondht.jpg

As a reader I was blown away and fully invested. As a reviewer I admit that I could gripe quite a bit especially at the lightning quick connection of two high schoolers. OR maybe the closed off downer consistency of Chloe. I could even say the ending came too fast and too pretty.

However, I WILL NOT GRIPE. This book worked for me. I saw the pure beauty in the story from start to finish and I LOVED it. I suppose I am a sucker for a good boy who loves big. I looked past the eighteen year old love story and opened my heart to everything this tale offered. Perhaps I respect the message that if you had just 1 day or 1000 more, live life to the fullest. Do not back down. Do not waist a moment. Fight for Love. Fight for Life…

photo PhotoGrid_1422586424667_zpssugw3tzd.jpg

With profound quotes and age appropriate intimacy I found Blake Hunter was also my unexpected phenomenal, so thank you Jay McLean for another story to hang my heart on!

“Love me when I least deserve it, because that is when I need it the most.”

Arabella ~♡AB♡~
DNF @52

Unfortunately I am not enjoying this one at all. The writing feels choppy going from one scene to the next without good transition.

The heroine's attitude is not endearing me to her all, and I feel like she is being completely selfish - I understand she has a 50% chance of getting a genetic illness but I just don't understand her way of dealing with it. It doesn't make a good story to me.

I'm sorry to say that I can't carry on.

ARC gratefully received from the author in exchan
AJ
Oct 24, 2014 rated it it was ok
“Sometimes the wrong path can lead us to the right road. And toward the greatest thing that will ever happen to us.”

2.5 sadly underwhelming stars.

I’m a big fan of Jay McLean’s More Than series, and was so excited to dive into this book. Sadly, as much as I wanted to connect, I just didn’t feel it! I’m probably going to be in the minority with this one but the choppy writing, questionable character behaviour and overly intense teen romance just didn’t work for me. And yes, it hurts to say tha
Alice
Jul 16, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: arc, standalone

I love road trips and I love books about them, so I was really looking forward to reading this one.

description

I've only read More Than This by this author and it was an okay read for me.

description

Chloe and Blake are both senior in high school, but they have two different lives. Blake is the star basketball player, he's handsome, has a lot of friends and a beautiful girlfriend. Chloe, instead, wants to be invisible and tries to keep everyone at her arm's length.

Chloe has a plan: after graduation, she'll leave on a roadtripme.
C-Money
Sep 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Write the words.

Erase the words.

Bang your head against the keyboard because there are no words to describe the way you feel at this very moment.

Re-read the book because a book like this can't be read just once.

Try to type more words for a review that will just be gibberish.

Receive life altering news that rocks you to your core. Read the book again because the tears are already flowing, why not add more.

I can't stop the tears from stre
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃

Hero: 8/10
Humour: 5/10
Hotness: 3/10
Romance: 10/10
Extra book Details: Heroine & Hero POV; 1st person. Stand alone.

Chloe just wants to be invisible.
Blake just wants to feel numb.

They both want to escape.

A chance encounter leads to a tale full of angst, sorrow, happiness and love.

And that was when it happened. Something changed. A switch. It felt like someone had taken away the gray dullness behind my eyes and splashed color into them. Like I was seeing things in a different light, from a different life. I swallowed, too nervous to speaklove.
alone.
Chloe10/10
Extra3/10
5/10
Romance
NetGalley********
Marga
This was my first Jay McLean read and I have no idea what to expect. I was disappointed, though. I found myself wanting to DNFed this book most of the time because the main characters are seriously annoying.

Chloe. Her mom and aunt died of of a certain illness so she was afraid she would, too. So, she spent her life pushing everyone away and fading in the background. Well, maybe I was freaking selfish but I think relationships are the strength you need to go on. Why on Earth would she push people aw
Claire Robinson
Jun 01, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf, shit-hot-series
1 - "I just wanted one night..." Star.

DNF @23%

I put this book on the back burner a while ago after seeing many, many less than positive reviews for it from my Goodreads peers around its release. Teen angst and drama are things I get pissed off with really quickly if they are overplayed, or added for erroneous reasons, without any reasonable explanations to them.

But after finishing Kick, Push (it’s successor) in a day earlier this week, I thought I’d put on my big girl panties and give it a go as Chloe and Blake Hunter actually cameStar.
DNF
Melissa (Ever So Mela)
I was provided an ARC via NetGalley in exhange of an honest review.

*Tiny spoilers ahead*

First of all, I was under the impression this was New Adult.

I don't even know how I made that mistake. I distinctly remember reading this under the NA section in NetGalley. So you tricked me NG! So why am I whining about this, you ask? Cause I hate abstract sex scenes. It's not like I'm into reading erotica or anything but you gotta give me some kind of detail. It's all
Linda ❤️ Sassy, Classy && a Little Bit of Nasty
2 Stars

description

So I know that a lot of my GR buds follow Jay McLean faithfully. And that's awesome! BUT - with this being my first book by McLean, I'm not sold. This isn't going to keep me from reading any other books by McLean, however. She must have a good following for a reason right? This onejust wasn't the one for me.

Chloe has a 50% chance at having cancer. Oh
Sheyla ✎
Nov 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
 photo keep-calm-and-wait-for-the-road.png

Chloe "Not-Abby" has spent her life trying to remain unnoticed. She wants it this way. If no one cares about her, she won't loose someone else. She is ready to hit the road as soon as she graduates. She has dreamed of the day she can get in her car and just go. Her foster parents know they can't keep her with them. The Road is all Chloe wants.

Blake Hunter is still deciding what to do with his life. He can join the military like his father or he can pursue a basketball scholarship at Duke's University.

A co
Stevie
Jan 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
***Received ARC in return for honest review.

Jay McLean has this beauty in her writing. Every word, every sentence, has this way of hitting you, impacting you so deeply that you forget to breathe. She commands your attention, breaking you into pieces before she builds you back up again.
WTRtM is filled with that beauty. I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard to the point of tears, and then cry so hard I was sobbing.
This story is perfection. I honestly can't even expres
Shannon Moore
Oct 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: ibooks
So... I liked this basically up until the characters graduated high school, around the 60% mark maybe? Then it just slowly started to decline. The hero was getting super cheesy, the plot seemed to kind of stop and my tolerance of the heroine's BS was going downhill. The ending was cute enough, but that epilogue?! WTF! I finished this off listening to the audio book, I WAS DRIVING ON THE HIGHWAY AND JAY PULLS THAT SHIT?! REALLY?!

*deep breath*

JAYSUS. I was so close to ripping my phone out of the
✿kawehi.reviews
Oct 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
☆ I received an ARC via TRSOR PR in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! ☆

where the road takes me live

Where the Road Takes Me was my first EVER Jay McLean read. I had incredibly high expectations for this author, seeing that many of my friends are total fangirls and have raved over and over about her books, and while I did in general like it—it kind of fell in the “okayclass="gr-hostedUserImg">

• Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • To Please A Lady (Seduction, #3)
  • Annihilation (Alfonzo, #6)
  • When I Fall (Montgomery Manor #2)
  • All the Pieces (Pieces of Lies, #3)
  • Katherine in Gold (The Beachy Bride, #2)
  • To Fix You
  • Facing the Music (Rosewood, #1)
  • Cursed (Cursed Superheroes, #1)
  • Past Imperfect (Perfect, #2)
  • Blade Dance (Cold Iron, #4)
  • The Sixteenth Need (Partlow, #1)
  • Star-Crossed
  • Freed (Unlovable, #2)
  • Called Up (Calling It, #2)
  • Grave Destinations (Grave, #2)
  • Wrapped in You (Waiting for You, #2)
  • Breaking Shaun (Breaking Free, #2)
Jay McLean is an international best-selling author and full-time reader, writer of New Adult and Young Adult romance, and skilled procrastinator. When she’s not doing any of those things, she can be found running after her three little boys, investing way too much time on True Crime Documentaries and binge-watching reality TV.
She writes what she loves to read, which are books that can make h
“Love me when I least deserve it, because that is when I need it the most.” 36 likes
“Regardless of all the black-letter days you might have to endure, there’s always a red one waiting for you.” 28 likes