Start by marking “Mommy Hugs” as Want to Read:

mommy hugs

does it take

to say

I love you?
Published April 1st 2006 by Margaret K. McElderry Books (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Mommy Hugs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mommy Hugs

One Code 431
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
One nuzzle wuzzle wake-up hug 😘💕 mu favorite hug
Karl
Apr 16, 2008 rated it really liked it
I like the kisses book, probably because I have to keep putting the book down to give proper hugs, and every time I do the kids want to start over.
Casandria
May 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: baby, picture
Very cute!
Aneesa
Dec 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Andrea's greatest fear is that our daughter will call one of us "Mommy" and never stop.
Amanda
Jan 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Read this today for storytime; the moms always love it. Solid.
Sydney M
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 25-picture-books
Mommy Hugs
This book is about a baby and his mom. Sje wakes him up with nuzzles and hugs. They count how many piggyback hugs they give each other and how many sliding hugs. This book is good for children when they are learning to count.
Whitney Leanhart
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: happy, kids
In my opinion this would be a good book to read the first day of school. When children are missing their parents and all they wanna do is hug them. This book demonstrates that there is always a reason to hug someone and make them feel loved.
Kathleen
Feb 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Mommy hugs come in all shapes and sizes. There are " Mommy will fix it" hugs and laughing hugs. Bathtime hugs and wake up hugs. A quick and easy board book read for any mom and pipsqueak who like to share hugs.
Perfumegirl
Sep 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens, jjs-shelf
cute counting book about hugs, grandson wasn't interested in the least, think its more suited for a 1 or 2 year old
Liz
Mar 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books, 3-star
Maybe I'll give this one another try later, but I just don't love it for babies.
Feb 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: infants; preschoolers; kindergartners; moms and parents
Characters: a young child, approximately age 2; a mother
Setting: the child and mother's house; the park
Intended audience: mommys and other parents; infants; preschoolers; kindergartners

Mommy Hugs follows a mother and her young child throughout what seems to be a typical day, while counting from 1 - 10. The story opens when the mother wakes her baby, saying "Wake up, sleepyhead! It's Mommy!" and counting to 1: "One nuzzle-wuzzle wake-up hug." Breakfast follows, along with playtime, a visit to the
Rhyme Owens
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
This book was too easy. But it is good for babies, like my sister.
Beloved Girl
Jan 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: j1-j3
I love hug. It gives warmth and love. Really, I like Don't cry hug, with saying "Mommy will fix it!". And also laughing one, saying "Who made this mess?" Without any scolding mommy hugs the baby. Lastly, mommy says "I love you, I love you. I love you, I love you. I love you, I love you. I love you, I love you. I love you, I love you." I think of someone who loves me the most, my heavenly father. I am beloved by him forever.
Sara ♥
This book is okay. My daughter likes to point to the dog on every page. I like that the text on each page is short enough that I can read it before my daughter turns the page. The problem is that you're supposed to count the number of hugs mommy gives baby, but there's no time for that with my baby's quick fingers... so basically the counting is for naught! Plus, I'm not a fan of the illustration...
Randy
Jun 14, 2008 added it
Shelves: children-s-books
We got the board book version of this title because we'd just recently read Katz's `Daddy Hugs' and as a good husband I wanted to be equitable. It's a cute little counting book, each page reinforcing how much mommy loves baby, showing different ways they can interact. A simple concept well executed. ...more
Cosette
Nov 07, 2014 rated it did not like it
I'm trying to figure out how this book could ever be helpful. It shows a baby sleeping until mommy wakes it up. It shows a baby happily eating food. It shows a mommy laughing when baby makes a mess. Maybe this is the type of book you would give someone you don't like if you want to show that poor mother unrealistic expectations - maybe a daughter-in-law gift if you hate your son's wife? Maybe?
Hollee Young
Apr 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I really enjoyed this book, even though it was short and sweet. I read it to my daughter and she wanted me to keep reading it over and over. I love the element of counting it added for beginning readers. It also had fun illustrations.
Jessica Thurlow
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is great now, when Ezra is 4 weeks old, and it will grow with her. I love that. It combines colourful images, sing-song prose, and counting so we can continue enjoying this book for many months to come.
jacky
Mar 30, 2010 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: toddlers, preschoolers
Shelves: board-books
This was an okay counting book. It counts hugs for the everyday reasons moms hug their children, such as waking up or falling down. This book was really just okay; it didn't have that special something for me.
Kimberly
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have to rate this a 4 star, because both of my children want to have it in their beds with them when they go to sleep, they love it. They love counting, they love hugging, cuddling, kissing, showing affection, and they love their mom. This is a good board book for the young ones.
Sara Lemonade
Apr 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
My mom and dad each used to read this to me when I was 2. I still love it.
Linsey
Jun 06, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Linsey by: Rebecca Bright
Another one that my daughter can't get enough of. This is a great counting book and also great for bonding. She loves it when I act out the little things on the pages with her.
Emma
Oct 19, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-book
Mommy hugs are the best!
Samantha
Count the hugs 1-10 that Mommy and baby share. A good read aloud for toddlers and preK.
June
May 09, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: mother stories for babies
A cute boardbook counting the number of hugs a mother gives her baby throughout the day. Want to keep this in mind for a mother's lap time for next year.
Cara
Jul 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Very cute read. The pictures went perfectly with the dialogue.
Tara
Aug 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Very cute and typical of Karen Katz. Great at showing how many situations can be great for hugging your child.
Shala Abbott
Dec 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was the sweetest little book. This book is definitely for younger children. This book would be good to utilize with the children that have separation anxiety. Truely a sweet book.
Fiona
May 29, 2013 rated it liked it
I can't wait to sign Anna up for SRP!
Jody
Mar 31, 2016 rated it liked it
Cute picture book about with ten examples of mommy hugs.

• How Do You Make a Baby Smile?
  • Forever
  • Sleepy ABC
  • Hands Can
  • Raindrop, Plop!
  • Ten Naughty Little Monkeys
  • Mommy, Carry Me Please!
  • The Baby Goes Beep
  • One Two That's My Shoe!
  • Nose to Toes, You Are Yummy!
  • Five Little Chicks
  • Bear in a Square
  • We've All Got Bellybuttons!
  • Did You Know That I Love You?
  • I Can Do It Too!
  • On Noah's Ark
  • Old Dog Baby Baby
  • Spot's Birthday Party
Karen Katz has written and illustrated many books for children, including The Colors of Us, Can You Say Peace, My First Ramadan, Counting Kisses and Where is Baby's Belly Button. Long inspired by folk art from around the world, she was inspired to write her first book, Over the Moon, when she and her husband adopted their daughter from Guatemala, and she wanted to tell the story of welcoming Lena ...more