Start by marking “Where Is Baby's Valentine?: A Lift-the-Flap Book” as Want to Read:
Where Is Baby's Valentine?: A Lift-the-Flap Book

Where Is Baby's Valentine?: A Lift-the-Flap Book

Baby made a valentine for Mommy. Where could it be?
Is it behind the lamp? No, those are pretty, sparkly flowers!
It's a shiny, glittering delight as you lift the sturdy flaps to help Baby find her very special valentine.
Board Book, 14 pages
Published December 26th 2006 by Little Simon

To ask other readers questions about Where Is Baby's Valentine?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where Is Baby's Valentine?

Start your review of Where Is Baby's Valentine?: A Lift-the-Flap Book
Scott Rhee
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Karen Katz has created another exciting lift-the-flap baby thriller, this one poised to attract lovers of Valentine's Day. In "Where is Baby's Valentine?", the besieged baby girl protagonist has misplaced the Valentine's present she made for mommy. She rushes through the house searching everywhere---behind the chair, under the blanket, behind the lamp, under the pillow, and in the cupboard. I was sure she would find it under the box of pillows, but, alas, no. Thankfully, the book has a happy ...more
June
Feb 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: librarians, parents, teachers
This has everything for a participatory toddler book. It has the questions and flaps. One little girl was calling out "No, it's..." 2/8/12

Used again this year and it was a huge hit again. One toddler girl had a hard time waiting for the story and as soon as I read it she had to have it. Unfortunately, her sitter hadn't brought a card. 2/13/13

The only book a girl wanted to read at story time.

Went over well at lap time. 2/10/14

Best received at Lap Time. 2/10/15

Used in Baby/Toddler, had a small
Rasa
Apr 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I got such a kick out of watching Veronika read this to Sabrina.
Meredith
Baby looks for her valentine.

A baby searches the house for her valentine, discovering objects traditionally associated with Valentine’s Day along the way.

This is an interactive lift-the-flap board book that introduces young readers to the holiday Valentine’s Day.

Dana
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
An interactive book for your wee one with clever Valentine themed colorful illustrations.
Melissa
Feb 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Little Pickle calls hearts "I like you!"s, so it was very cute reading this with her.
Miss Sarah
Baby is looking all over her house for a valentine. Wills he find it? Cute lift the flap book. Any age group but geared young.
Elaine
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
With Valentine’s Day approaching, it was, once again, time for me to search for a little book for my granddaughter. Imagine how happy I was when I came across Karen Katz’s Where is Baby’s Valentine?

I knew what Katz’s books were like because I had already gotten my granddaughter one of her other stories: Where is Baby’s Pumpkin. Every time I read that one to her she said: “Ma More.” That’s baby talk for read it again Grandma. Needless to say, I was thrilled!

Where is Baby’s Valentine? is very
Kristen
Feb 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is another book my mom gave to my daughter. I was excited because I tried to get this from the Library, but they wouldn't let me put on a hold on it...I think because it was in the play area of the library and therefore very hard to find. I looked and couldn't find it. So I was happy that we ended up getting it anyway! It's another fun flip-book from Karen Katz. My daughter loves them. This one is fresh and different from all the others we have. She really liked seeing all the Valenines ...more
Suzanne
Feb 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: em-owns
I bought this for my 6 month old for Valentine's Day. My older daughter saw it in the store and wanted to buy it, and it looked really cute so I did. These books are a little pricey, so I take good care of them and don't let the baby play with it herself. The story is basic - baby is looking for her Valentine! Various flaps reveal hidden Valentine related items.

It's cute, colorful, and my baby and older daughter both enjoy when I read it to them. Overall, I just wrote more words in this review
Meg McGregor
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: holiday-reads
I think this one of my favorite lift-the-flap books, and it is especially fantastic, to read at Valentines.

Little ones will love the sparkly surprises under each flap.

This little girl is really advanced for her age! I can't make such an elaborate Valentine, and I am, like old.... really old! LOL
Josiah
Feb 11, 2010 rated it did not like it
This is one of my favorites among Karen Katz's books. I like the light anticipation that builds as Baby looks for the Valentine that she has for her mommy, and even though she doesn't find it for a while, in each place she looks she finds an interesting surprise, most all related to Valentine's Day. This is a nice beginner book.
Amanda Kolar
Katz (2007) talks about where Baby might of forgot her valentine that she made for her mom. It has flaps to left up and look under to see if it is behind different places in the house. I can use this book in my classroom when Valentine’s Day is approaching. I can also help them left up the flaps to help them look to see if the valentine is behind that object.
Katie Fitzgerald
Feb 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Read at Baby/Toddler Story Time on 2/14/12: http://storytimesecrets.blogspot.com/...

Read at Toddler Lap Time on 2/14/13: http://storytimesecrets.blogspot.com/...
RC
Feb 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Fans of Karen Katz will enjoy the Valentine's edition of the baby books. In this book, baby is searching for a special valentine. Young readers will like guessing what is under each flap and seeing the colorful pages.

This book promotes print awareness and background knowledge.
jacky
Sep 15, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: toddlers, preschoolers
I almost forgot that we read this one; it was hanging around a book store months after Valentine's Day. I like the flaps that lead the baby around the house, but it wasn't as creative as the body part books by Katz or the Spot books that look in more imaginative places with exciting animals.
Kimberly
Mar 15, 2014 rated it liked it
I like this book for the holiday, the Easter Hunt feel, and the idea of love.
Jaime
Apr 05, 2012 rated it liked it
Cute little book I bought for my daughters first Valentines Day!
Heather
Feb 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
Illustrations aren't as great as the ones in Where is Baby's Pumpkin, but very cute. My daughter loves it.
Tara
Mar 05, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
My little girl loves all these lift the flap books
Stacy
Feb 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
You can't go wrong with Karen Katz. I needed some "easy" books for my Valentine's baby storytime and this book worked wonderful.
Jackie
Jan 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cheyennes-book
A very cute book! On the back it says "sturdy flaps" but I've seen pop-up books with much sturdier flaps. These seem like they could be torn easily.
Shannon
Jun 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: s
We got this from the library so some flaps were missing but it is still a very cute book!
Michael
Jan 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: the-kids-books
I guess there are endless ways to crank out minor variations on this theme.
Christie
Jun 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-books
Absolutely love all the Karen Katz children's book, super cute!
Teri
Jan 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: children
Interactive flap book about Valentine's Day.
Ashley
Feb 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Not as cute as WHERE IS BABY'S BELLY BUTTON, but still fun with a toddler who currently loves lift-the-flap books.

edit: these flaps are not sturdy
Melissa
Feb 14, 2019

• Time for Bed
  • The Feelings Book
  • Blue Hat, Green Hat
  • Happy Valentine's Day, Mouse!
  • Snuggle Puppy! (Boynton on Board)
  • My Fuzzy Valentine (Sesame Street)
  • Arrow to the Sun
  • What Do You Do with an Idea?
  • Froggy Gets Dressed
  • Dinosaur Kisses
  • Biscuit's Valentine's Day
  • Dragon Dance: A Chinese New Year Lift-the-Flap Book
  • Biscuit's Pet  Play Farm Animals: A Touch  Feel Book
  • Biscuit's Pet  Play Bedtime: A Touch  Feel Book
  • Love Monster
  • How Do Dinosaurs Love Their Cats?
  • Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes
  • Little Owl's Night
Karen Katz has written and illustrated many books for children, including The Colors of Us, Can You Say Peace, My First Ramadan, Counting Kisses and Where is Baby's Belly Button. Long inspired by folk art from around the world, she was inspired to write her first book, Over the Moon, when she and her husband adopted their daughter from Guatemala, and she wanted to tell the story of welcoming Lena ...more