Start by marking “Everything to Lose (The Rookie Club #5)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176

Danielle Girard

(The Rookie Club #5)

Socialite Charlotte Borden is brutally attacked then brought to the hospital by a man the police assume is her attacker. Jamie Vail, SFPD's Sex Crimes Inspector, recognizes the man as her adopted son's biological father.
With Charlotte in a coma, Jamie races to uncover the girl's last waking moments. But every clue leads home, where her son grows more and more elusive.
Des
ebook
Published October 13th 2014 by Epublishing Works!

To ask other readers questions about Everything to Lose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Everything to Lose

Anita Housley
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jamie's Story

After working my way through a major part of the Rookie Club, I found Jamie's story more complex and involved than the others. The author adds more characters, which allows the plot to thicken and keep the reader guessing who the "bad guys" are until the very end. I was diverted from time to time by unneeded expository stories that were totally unattached to the plot. They were frustrating when I was dying to get to the next leg of the plot. I truly enjoy this method of telling a nu
Linda
It was good but not as good as books 1-4. I got tired of Jamie being so insecure and questioning of her motives. Also, got tired of her 'mother pain' issues. Annabelle Schwartzman has her own series and the bits about her seemed unnecessary in this particular book. Her series is excellent. I am glad that I read this book but I was unsatisfied with the ending and even though I had trouble putting the book down until the end, when it ended it was a surprise and then it left you hanging. What happe ...more
wendi wigham
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A bit loose in places

Have come to expect a tight crisp story line from Ms. Girard, so was a tad disappointed with the loose construction of this one.
Previous books have been a one sitting job, when possible. This one was picked up & put down numerous times - just didn't have the same initial bite to get you hooked & drawn in.
Melissa Ammons
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another outstanding book by Mrs. Girard! The characters are consistent throughout (across all of her books). There are many twists and turns. I found myself wondering who the "bad guy" was. This book is so well written, I believe, that even the most discriminating of readers won't be able to figure out who the "bad guy" is.
bonnie kirchner
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everything to Lose

This is the last book in this series. I will say the same thing I said about all the other books in this series. They are so worth reading. I highly recommend this series. This is a five star series.
Charlotte Romero
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book

Very good book. Kept me very interested and wondering what would happen next. Thought I knew who the killer was but was really wrong.I would recommend this book to family members and friends.
Amy Dexter
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is another good book in series. Must read in order. This is Jamie's book and her life with adopted son Z and her childhood friend. A difficult story to know whether jamie should trust her son or believe the evidence stacking against him. Complex + compelling.
Donna Warren
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A well written book.

This tells the story of family first. It also shows that you have to be careful about how you handle family and friends. Trust is an important part of our lives and if we don't handle it right it can cause trouble.
Collette
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good reading

The Rookie Club Books 1 through 4 were great!! I was hooked and had a hard time putting them down long enough to eat and sleep! Book 5 was a let down as it included too much from the first four.
Annette Graham
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Series

As an avid reader I can say this is very very fabulous series!! People are REAL; stories are wonderful!! Very hard to put them down. First books by this author but will not be the last , by any means. Every mystery writer should enjoy them!!!
Crickett Woods
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Riviting

Great new characters and new ideas. Love the way these books just roll together. Love the action and suspense. Can't wait for the next one.
Nancy Radcliffe
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every Thing to Lose.

Great book # 5 In series. Having read all of her books each
Refers back to the others.
Great detective action.
Katherine A. Larrabee
I enjoyed

I enjoyed reading this book. I have liked the whole series.
I would recommend it for a goof read
Charlene Jones
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Rookie Club

You have a unique way of keeping the bad guys as a surprise... I really enjoyed meeting and getting to know Jamie's family and am looking forward to the next book.
Julia Stephanie
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This felt very final, but I did like how it introduced Schwartzmann. This was actually a really great thriller and I couldn’t put it down until I was done!
Mrs K Mauchline
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Suspense verses family

Good balance of suspense and family values. Can’t wait to ready the next one and follow the characters adventures again.
Susan J. Anderson
Loved this and all of Danielle Girards books. They are all well paced and keep you
interested until the end. They also get you involved in the characters.
Carolyn Rozzi
So So

Jamie isn't very likeable, there was some good parts but I'm glad I'm finished. Don't know if ill read #6 when it comes out.
jackie frye
Nov 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
From the first to the last page this book kept me in suspense. Who is Charlotte's boyfriend? Who throw her down the stairs? Who is responsible for the hit and run deaths? Is Z involved in this mess and if so HOW?

If you have read the first four books in this series you know Jamie is an excellent police officer who follows procedures. In this book we see police officer Jamie battling with Mother Jamie. The book is full of questions and we don't really get the answers until the last chapter.

My bes
vvb
Dec 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
I am starting this series at book 5 which works as a standalone. I think if you read the previous you will have the background knowledge of characters in the Rookie club, but not essential.

This story shows a variety of aspects that surround an assault case through the eyes of different people involved with investigation including the bad guy.

The investigation hits close to home for the main character, Jamie, as she has to figure out why and how her adopted son is connected which creates great cu
Gloria Perry
Enjoyed the series

I have enjoyed this series and hope there are more to come. However this book there were quite a few proofreading errors and that makes reading uncomfortable. I had already read Exhume and it seems parts of this book are almost "copy/paste" into it. Still both are good reads.
JACK DIXON
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great series

This series has very believable characters and lots of twists and turns. I feel as if I know Jamie Haley and the other Rookie Club members. I would recommend these books to any mystery fan.
Connie Fredrickson
Great Book. Great Author

I have been so enthralled by the books written by Danielle Girard. Have a hard time putting them down. Can't wait to read the rest of them
Michelle
Jan 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I definitely didn't see that ending coming. Great story
Peggy Cole
Joan
Aug 11, 2018
Cathy
Aug 02, 2018

• No Limits (Smithson Group Companion #3)
  • Hot Secrets (Hostile Operations Team, #13)
  • Bound by Deception (Bound By, #3; Red-Hot SEALs, #3.5; Inheritance, #10)
  • Her Bull Rider's Baby (A Cowboy of Her Own, #2)
  • The Nullification Engine (The Alchemancer #2)
  • When a Scot Gives His Heart (Highlander Vows: Entangled Hearts Book 7)
  • Alien Shadows (Alien Hunters, #3)
  • How to Bake the Perfect Pecan Pie
  • A Broken Life (Paula Mitchell, P. I., #2)
Danielle Girard is the bestselling author of Chasing Darkness, The Rookie Club series, and the Dr. Schwartzman Series—Exhume, Excise, Expose, and Expire, featuring San Francisco medical examiner Dr. Annabelle Schwartzman. Danielle’s books have won the Barry Award and the RT Reviewers’ Choice Award, and two of her titles have been optioned for movies.

A graduate of Cornell University, Danielle recei

The Rookie Club (5 books)
  • Dead Center (The Rookie Club #1)
  • One Clean Shot (The Rookie Club #2)
  • Dark Passage (The Rookie Club #3)
  • Interference (The Rookie Club #4)
“He sometimes thought of a crime scene as a woman’s body. Every man naturally took interest in a few specific locations and largely ignored the rest. It was those other places—the skin at the base of the neck, the dimple on the lower back, the pad of her palm—where he could make a difference. A crime scene was no different. It was a woman who deserved to be explored completely. This was not an analogy Roger had ever shared with his wife.” 0 likes