Start by marking “Logan Likes Mary Anne! (The Baby-Sitters Club, #10)” as Want to Read:
Logan Likes Mary Anne! (The Baby-Sitters Club, #10)

Logan Likes Mary Anne!

(The Baby-Sitters Club #10)

It used to be that Mary Anne had to wear her hair in braids and ask her dad before did anything. But not anymore. Mary Anne has been growing up...and the Baby-sitters Club members aren't the only ones who've noticed.

Logan Bruno likes Mary Anne! He has a dreamy southern accent, he's awfully cute - and he wants to join the Baby-sitters Club.

The Baby-s
Published 1988 by Scholastic

Erin
Nov 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series
Awwww... Logan and Mary Anne! One of those wonderful fictional pairs! Who would have thought that the first babysitter to get a permanent boyfriend would be quiet and shy Mary Anne!! It's also in this particular book we meet the BSC's most accident prone charge- red-headed Jackie Rodowsky!
Kara Rutledge
Oct 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Rereading my way through my childhood one book at a time. Don't judge.
Valerie Best
Feb 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: bsc, middle-grade
First of all, I find that exclamation point pretty insulting, and so should Mary Anne. Try to dial down the surprise.

Here's an unique opinion: I don't think Mary Anne is the least interesting member of The Babysitter's Club. (It's Dawn, and I will fight anyone who disagrees) I see how people think that she is, because her defining character traits are, in order, that she's shy. Full stop. I guess you could add in that she has brown hair and a strict father, but it's all part and parc
Ciara
so glad we don't have a pike storyline in this one. instead, the main babysitting charge is poor jackie rodowsky, the BSC punching bag for the rest of the series. but first, the set-up:

it's the first round of eighth grade for the BSC. mary anne goes to school with a poster of cam geary & a stick of gum so she can put the poster up in her locker with buts of chewed gum. yeah, i tried that when i was kid. the gum eventually loses its sticking power...after like twenty minutes. this
Bunny
Oct 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I bought a hell of a lot of BSC and Sweet Valley High books at the last library sale. Mostly for my niece, if she'll read them. But also for me.

Why, you may ask, would I re-read Babysitter's Club when I'm 28 years old and have hundreds of books waiting to be read?

Allow me to provide a quote:

"I thought we made a pretty good-looking group. Claudia was wearing short, tight-fitting black pants and a big white shirt that said BE-BOP all over it in between pictures of rock and rol
✨Jordan✨
Oct 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Mary Ann just recently started liking boys and when one of the most CUTEST boys she has ever seen moves to her home town she can’t believe it! He looks just like a movie star. But being shy and trying to befriend a boy is really difficult. Can she make it work? Also she is about to turn 13, can you believe it! Growing up is fun when you fill your time with babysitting, friends, and love interests.
Nicolette
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a special book to me because it's when Mary Anne adopts her kitten, Tigger. When I got my childhood kitten, I named him Tigger after Mary Anne's cat. On the car ride home the name devolved into Tiggy, and it stuck for the next eighteen years. Five stars in memory of Tiggy Brody.
Sonali
I just re-read this BSC book. It's been 18 years (omg!) and I still love it. I want Mary Anne's Eiffel tower skirt! I want to kitten named Tigger! I want a bff from California named Dawn! It is seriously awesome.
Kate
Sep 10, 2007 rated it it was amazing
oh babysitters club, heck yeah! i read every single one of these, dare I admit it? (And which one of us hasn't wanted to start our own babysitters club after reading about its awesomeness??)
Shira
Dec 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
this is another favorite of mine, so this one might also be really long. mary anne is already getting a little less shy and opening up to the prospect of boy-liking. when logan bruno, a kid who looks just like movie star cam geary, moves to town, mary anne is in LUV. even better, she discovers logan is into baby-sitting and may want to join the baby-sitters club. but can the baby-sitters hang with a boy when that limits their ability to talk about bra straps? and can mary anne get over her shy k ...more
Priyadarshni Palanikumar
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: light
Ah, first crushes! How awesome-ly embarrassing are they to remember?

Mary Anne Spier has always been quiet and shy. And she had so many rules! But, recently, her father had given up some of her restrictions and she was blooming out. But, when the Cam Geary lookalike Logan Bruno moves to Stoneybrook, she melts. Surprised by their shy friend's interest in a boy, the baby-sitters rise to the occasion, especially when Logan wants to join the Club.
Angie
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
A few podcasts I listen to have mentioned the BSC, which made me want to take a nostalgic trip of my own. So I picked a random book from the pile I rescued from my mom's book purge and channeled my 10-year-old self for 90 minutes. So much fun. This book brought back little nuances of my childhood: how much I loved the word "sophisticated" (so grown up!), how I pronounced "snob" as "snobe" for the longest time, how I burned with envy every time it's mentioned that Claudia has her own private phon ...more
Jay Gabler
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Positive portrayal of a male babysitter! Here for it. I reviewed the new Logan Likes Mary Anne! audiobook for The Tangential.
Mari
Dec 31, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: childhood-trauma
This was the first Baby-sitters Club I ever re-read. I did so with the express intent of making fun of it for Childhood Trauma, so you should take that into consideration as you read my review. Also, the fact that I'm 25 and not in fifth grade. Also, also, the fact that I once loved these books with the indiscriminate love of a fifth grader.

Onward.

Mary Anne Spier is the most boring member of the Baby-Sitters club and according to fellow Snark Squad-er Sweeney, the most boring character in the history
Scott
Aug 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Logan Likes Mary Anne!

No he fucking doesn't!

*************************************
Homework: Don't talk to me.

<< #9: The Ghost at Dawn's House
#11: Kristy and the Snobs >>
Rylee
Oct 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I liked this book but it was not one of my favorites!
Ashley
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reread, 2018, bsc, own
They mention how Louie is getting old in this book and it makes me apprehensive about diving into the next one because I'm going to have to be in the right mindset to read it. Sigh. Oh, minor spoilers about the next book's sadness, lmao.

It's funny that Logan liked Mary Anne when she couldn't even talk around him, and it's funny seeing the BSC get embarrassed and talk about *gasp* bra straps. And I really liked how Kristy felt a little behind the rest of the girls, what with Mary Anne's
Elaine Mullane
May 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I used to love the Babysitter's Club! My friends and I used to swap them between us when I was in primary school. They were so popular at the time, there was a waiting list at the library if you wanted to read them in chronological order! I used to be allowed to buy one book a week on a Friday when I was younger; this was usually an Enid Blyton, Roald Dahl, Point Horror or one of these! I would love to revisit them at some stage, just for nostalgia's sake!
Samantha
I forever hated Logan Bruno, from the moment he was introduced. Not because he's a jerk, which he turned into in later books and sort of maintained, but because I am from Kentucky and we do not. Talk. Like. That. OMG. It always bugged me when they'd try and phonetically show the way he was supposedly speaking. I cringe when I see how they had him pronounce Louisville. I just can't even.

I have nothing else to say about this because I will seriously rage.
M.M. Strawberry Library & Reviews
Ahh, puppy love. We're dealing with 12-13 year olds here, but this book is pretty tame compared to plenty of the stuff out there for tweens today, 25 years after this book came out. Overall this book is really dated, but I remember it being a light and charming read, i was about 9 or 10 when I read this and thought the story was sweet. Looking back, it was a bit cliched, but realistic and appropriate (if idealized) read.
Gail Grim
Cute story. I am reading this book with a book club consisting of three 4th grade girls, our library associate and myself. I like the story line and the true but clean version of young first relationships. This book's main character, Mary Anne is an honest depiction of a girl her age and in that era. I never read the series frowning up, but am hoping the girls in our book club will embrace the characters and story enough to give other books in the series a try.
Cait S
Apr 19, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5

Man, as an adult with social anxiety, I relate even more to Mary Anne now than I did as a kid. I really enjoyed the portrayal of how reserved she is. Did not appreciate the way her friends and Logan tried to shame her out of it but...you know...men ain't shit so who is surprised? This is by far the best Mary Anne book to this point in the series.
kb
Jul 20, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-reads, kid-lit
Too sweet! Didn't have a copy of this one when I was young, so read this for the first time as an adult. Always fun to follow first loves, lalalala~

I loved the BSC growing up, and have decided to re-read (or read for the first time) some of the books in the series. Which of the members are you? :)
Ruth
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
My favorite episode of BSC ever that can still make me grin like an idiot because hello world I present to you my first ever book boyfriend, Logan Bruno! the nostalgia of being reminded of what a fantastic middle school experience i was getting 7 years ago. Seems like yesterday i was borrowing the book from my school library and died at home having fictional boyfriend fantasy 😭
lisa
Jul 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Logan becomes a fixture of the BSC in this book as Mary Anne's asexual boyfriend with the heart of gold, who later gets dumped for being too bossy. In one of the books told from Logan's point of view, one of the characters refers to Logan as a Ken doll, and I have thought that was the best description of Logan I have ever heard. I can picture Logan's plastic, vapid smile, with vinyl hair, and nothing but smooth surface under his pants.

Things I remember from reading this book as a kid:
Not much ot
Devon
Aug 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Mary Anne was never my fave because she was so sensitive and this book is all of the things I dislike about her...but, being an adult now, I can't help but think it's cute. Also her relationship with her dad is adorable.
Amelia
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, childhood
Found the podcast "The Babysitters Club Club" and have been following along. This was my favorite BSC book as a kid, so I reread it before listening to this episode, and it did not disappoint!
Kira Brighton
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cute!
Afoma Umesi
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was such a cute installment with many lessons about trying things outside your comfort zone and respecting your friend’s’ boundaries. Cute cute cute.
Vy
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5/5

full review coming soon :]
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Around the Year i...: Logan Likes Mary Anne!, by Ann M. Martin 1 10 May 10, 2018 01:18PM

• Choosing Sides (Sweet Valley Twins, #4)

Ann gets the ideas for her books from many different places. Some are based on personal experiences, while others are based on

The Baby-Sitters Club (1 - 10 of 131 books)
  • Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1)
  • Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls (The Baby-sitters Club, #2)
  • The Truth About Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #3)
  • Mary Anne Saves the Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #4)
  • Dawn and the Impossible Three (The Baby-Sitters Club, #5)
  • Kristy's Big Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #6)
  • Claudia and Mean Janine (The Baby-Sitters Club, #7)
  • Boy-Crazy Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #8)
  • The Ghost at Dawn's House (The Baby-Sitters Club, #9)
  • Kristy and the Snobs (The Baby-Sitters Club, #11)