Start by marking “The Christmas Tree Bride (The 12 Brides of Christmas #8)” as Want to Read:
The Christmas Tree Bride (The 12 Brides of Christmas #8)

The Christmas Tree Bride

(12 Brides of Christmas #8)

Published November 24th 2014 by Shiloh Run Studios (first published November 17th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Christmas Tree Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Christmas Tree Bride

Start your review of The Christmas Tree Bride (The 12 Brides of Christmas #8)
Danielle
Title: The Christmas Tree Bride
Author: Susan Page Davis
Series: The 12 Brides of Christmas, 8
Format: ebook, bind-up
Length: 48 pages
Rating: 3 stars

Synopsis: Polly Winfield lives at the stagecoach station that her father operates and often sees Jacob Tierney, one of the drivers. But winter arrives on the prairie bleak and uneventful, and she confesses to Jacob that all she longs for is a Christmas tree. Will a stagecoach accident prevent him from making her wish come true?

Favourite character: Billy
Stacy
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book!

A stage coach stop, trouble from a snow storm and a little added romance made this a book I couldn't put down until it was finished. This author made you feel as if you were right there with the characters. I can't wait to read more in this series. I highly recommend this book!
Angela
Short and Sweet! I enjoyed the idea of Polly helping her family with a Stagecoach Stop and Jacob driving the stage. They get to see each other often and their relationship develops gently. The added pressure for Jacob to find Polly a Christmas tree when there aren't any trees at all is fun!
Robyn Echols
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lovely Christmas Romance

This was a lovely short Christmas romance with lots of detail about the early stage coach lines and dealing with winter weather. Great characters. A delightful read.
Catherine Geist
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Sweet 6Story

This was a very sweet Christmas story. It shows the true meaning of Christmas.You can make true Christmas with little things you have on hand. Giving is the true spirit. This was short but very sweet.
Connie J Wilson
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Christmas Blessings

Nice short story of a young lady, her family and the way station her parents ran.
Young love and a sweet simple life of the mid 1800's.
A story of Christmas time and the magical things that happen.
I enjoyed this author.
Marlene  Moore
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Sweet Christmas Story

This was a sweet Christmas story about a romance on the stage coach run out west.
The description of the day to day life and all that was involved with being a stop on the stage coach line was facinating.
The characters were enjoyable.
Michelle
Loved this Christmas love story

I just loved this holiday story. It had characters with integrity and a wonderfully wholesome plot plus a little danger to keep it interesting.
Mary  Lisenby
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
About the book

I liked the book so much thank you for writing it . It was funny and sad at the same time.
Rachel
Nov 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good short Holiday read.
Ellen White
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
A love is gradually growing between them, and Jacob wanting to show his love, and see Polly’s face when he delivery’s a Christmas tree. That is if he can find one, Makes a cute story.
Beverly NURBIN
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed

This is a light romantic story about a family who ran a stagecoach stopping station. Feeding the passengers Polly, the daughter fell in love with one of the drivers
Sunnie
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing

This is another of the 12 Brides of Christmas series. It was a really fun read. I really love the pioneering time period in history when people were starting to make their ways west and settle new areas. It's probably my favorite. This story takes place in Wyoming at the Winfield stage coach stop.
Polly Winfield and her family run a stage coach stop preparing the guests and workers, meals, shelter and the needs that they can continue their journeys. Polly is 18 and one of the drivers, Jacob has
Rebecca
Nov 13, 2014 rated it liked it
A simple story, simply told. "The Christmas Tree Bride" is a nice reminder of how important holiday traditions can be during the Christmas season; especially when separated by distance from family and friends. Even a Christmas tree can make a difference; and what a difference it made for Polly Winfield and Jacob Tierny.

The Winfields operate a popular stage coach stop along the Oregon Trail in 1867 Wyoming. Polly's mother's famous cooking and hospitable nature have made their station a favorite
BlueJeansAndTeacups
Dec 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Christian Historical Fiction and/or Christmas readers
Recommended to BlueJeansAndTeacups by: Margaret Brownley, Author
The Christmas Tree Bride – The 12 Brides of Christmas (White Christmas Brides - 12 Novellas)
Susan Page Davis

•o•:**:•. WESTERN CHRISTMAS READ.•:**:• o•

This was a nice little story set at a stage-stop along the Oregon Trail, Wyoming 1867. Polly is a nice young woman of 18 who helps her family run the stage stop, and they do an excellent job of making tired guests feel welcome with hot meals, and a place to warm themselves. Jacob is a kind young man who is a fairly new driver of one of the stages,
Deanna Stevens
Nov 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Christmas Tree Bride is number 8 in The 12 Brides of Christmas series.
I found myself transported back to the Oregon Trail stage coach stop in Wyoming in 1867. Riding along on the stagecoach in the cold of Winter. How lonely it must have been for the stagecoach relay stations. Having few visitors and company only long enough for the stagecoach to stop in for fresh horses and a hurry up meal that you had to prepare. The Winfield family ran the stagecoach stop and prepared meals, and provided
Jaquelyn Scroggie
Dec 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
A great short story on how God has a special person that He made just for us. There are some things inside us that only one person will appreciate. This story was based in Wyoming in 1867. Polly Winfield lives in a house that is a stop along the Oregon Trail. Since her family moved there Polly enjoys helping her parents take care of the weary travelers as they stop to eat one of her mom’s delicious dinners. Polly doesn’t get to know many people since they are only there for a short time. But ...more
Nov 16, 2014 rated it liked it
The Christmas Tree Bride is a another cute, quick read and a story of Christmas traditions.
Polly Winfield and her parents moved from the East to Wyoming to operate a stage coach stop. Jacob Tierny is a temporary replacement driver and gives Polly something to look forward to Wednesdays through Saturdays while he stays at the stop over.
After receiving a postcard from an old friend back home, Polly yearns for a Christmas tree to continue their Massachusetts tradition. However, trees are sparse
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
The Christmas Tree Bride by Susan Page Davis provides a fascinating peek into the lives of stagecoach station operators and drivers.

Polly Winfield admires Jacob Tierney, one of the stagecoach drivers that regularly stops at her father's station. While living at the station is alright, it would be even better if she could have a Christmas tree. Hearing her wish, Jacob promises to find one for her and bring it on his next trip to the station. But when winter hits with a vengeance, will Jacob
Susan
Nov 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a heart-warming story set in the untamed wilds of Wyoming. A bit of humor and fun-loving banter between Polly and her family and the characters of the stage. Written perfectly as to make you see the scene and feel the feelings. A snowstorm brings the danger and trial for the family. Will stage driver Jacob be able to stay with Polly or will she be left alone to keep caring for the stage passengers? All Polly wants for Christmas is a tree – a reminder of her wonderful family holidays back ...more
Nikki
Dec 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this novella. It was very well written and I enjoyed the characters. They were well developed and very believable. I wish the story had been longer because there was so much more that could have been added or included and the story could have gone much more in depth but overall the story was really good. This story has been one of my favorites in this series so far.
Virginia Winfield
Dec 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a smooth ride. I loved that polly(same last name as me) can get Jacob to find her a Christmas tree in an area where there are few trees. Even the thought of a tree makes her want to stay in the area that she now lives. Great novella. Received an ebook copy from Barbour publishing for a fair and honest opinion.
Janice Sisemore
Dec 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2014
The Christmas tree bride

Polly and her family lives where there are no trees. They live where the stagecoach stops to rest. Jacob works on the stagecoach. Polly asked him to bring her a Christmas tree on one of the stops. He does his best to get one for her. A very good short read.
Gayle
Mar 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books, read-in-2015
This was another of my favorites so far in this series of short stories. It was interesting reading more about what the stagecoach trail and stops might have been like.
June
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love Susan Page Davis stories. They are always amazing. This one is about the stagecoach line and those who work at the way stations and drive the coaches. Very entertaining and enjoyable story.
Chris
Nov 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Really neat Christmas Story, The stagecoach, the snow, and a really neat story of helping others.
God bless you
Chris Granville
Hannah
It took me a little longer to get into this one, so it's more of a 3.75 for me. I did like the storytelling enough to jump over and read a full-length book by this same author.
Wilani Wahl
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another delightful story in this series of 12 Christmas brides. A story of hope and trusting in the Lord. It is one I will want to read again.
Donna
Sep 10, 2018
Amanda Harper
Nov 27, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• La Tresse
  • Temptation
  • From This Day
  • Orphan Train Escape (Hearts On The Rails, #1)
  • When the Mississippi Ran Backwards: Empire, Intrigue, Murder, and the New Madrid Earthquakes
  • The Four Loves
  • Clause & Effect (Deadly Edits #2)
  • The Minutemen and Their World
  • Crime & Punctuation (Deadly Edits #1)
  • All I Want for Christmas
  • Wagon Train Baby (Love on the Santa Fe Trail #1)
  • Home for Christmas
  • A Rancher for Christmas
  • A Soldier's Christmas Wish (Holidays in Heart Falls #2)
  • Verdict of the Court (Burren Mysteries #11)
  • A Fall of Shadows (A Bess Ellyott Mystery #2)
  • Christmas on Cougar Mountain
  • Love Me, Cowgirl (The Gallaghers of Montana #2; The 78th Copper Mountain Rodeo #4)
FROM AUTHOR'S WEBSITE: I'm a native of central Maine, and grew up on a small farm with a wonderful mom and dad, three sisters and a brother. Most of my books take place in small towns, many of them in Maine.

My husband, Jim, and I moved to his birth state, Oregon, for a while after we were married, but decided to move back to Maine and be near my family. It allowed our six children to grow up

12 Brides of Christmas (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Advent Bride (The 12 Brides of Christmas, #1)
  • The Nutcracker Bride (12 Brides of Christmas #2)
  • The Evergreen Bride (The 12 Brides of Christmas #3)
  • The Gift-Wrapped Bride (The 12 Brides of Christmas # 4)
  • The Yuletide Bride (The 12 Brides of Christmas #5)
  • The Gingerbread Bride (The 12 Brides of Christmas #6)
  • The Nativity Bride (The 12 Brides of Christmas, #7)
  • The Festive Bride (The 12 Brides of Christmas, #9)
  • The Christmas Star Bride (The 12 Brides of Christmas, #10)
  • The Snowbound Bride (The 12 Brides of Christmas, #11)