Start by marking “Reading the Bible the Orthodox Way: 2000 Years without Confusion or Anxiety” as Want to Read:
Reading the Bible the Orthodox Way: 2000 Years without Confusion or Anxiety

Reading the Bible the Orthodox Way: 2000 Years without Confusion or Anxiety

Using a method taught by an Orthodox Christian priest for almost 20 years, you'll learn the easy way, the right way, how to read the Bible according to the 2000 year practice of the Orthodox Church. Now, using this simple method you'll learn the best way to put this important discipline to use for maximum spiritual benefit.
Published October 6th 2014 by Preachers Institute

To ask other readers questions about Reading the Bible the Orthodox Way, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reading the Bible the Orthodox Way

Start your review of Reading the Bible the Orthodox Way: 2000 Years without Confusion or Anxiety
Henrietta H
Feb 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Good For Beginners To Orthodoxy

This is an excellent book to read along in catechumen class. It isn't truly suitable for for reading without some assistance from the priest. Read the Bible every day? Yes. Take your questions and observations to the priest. When I was becoming Orthodox this is what we did in class. Reading the Bible this way is one of my fondest recollections.
Pamela V. Smith
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Simple Method... Never thought of!

Short, concise, easy to understand book on reading the Bible - a pleasure to read that all makes good sense. Everyone could use more of this in these often overwhelming, information overload times! Many people are often anxious thinking learning certain things are supposed to be more difficult. Not so! What a gift!
Olivia
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Short, sweet, & to the point

I liked that this book took less than 5 minutes to read, yet spoke volumes. There was no long, drawn out treatise on the how & why. Anyone looking to deepen their Biblical study can easily implement this method.
Travis
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Short and sweet.

A good book in a small package. If you want more depth, 11 pages won't do the trick. But this little book is a good start.
Ernest L. HIckman, Jr.
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Short and sweet

It's short, to the point and it's free. So it was worth the download. 6 more words to finish this
David Holford
Dec 27, 2016 rated it liked it
A very brief essay

The essay is good, but it is very brief. I had anticipated something a bit more substantive that works take mugged than five minutes to read. It is literally about reading the Bible, not understanding the Bible, interpreting the Bible, or anything else. I could reproduce the entire essay here, but that would give the whole thing away.
latwanda m cato
Jan 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Quick Read

I enjoyed reading this book with my nine- year grandbaby. The application was simple , but yet powerful. I would recommend that it to all who have a serious thirst for learning to apply the Word of GOD in their lives. Really enjoyable!
Maria
Feb 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Simple guide to Bible application

Very easy read & adept explanation as to how & why we should read the Holy Scriptures. Will be recommending this to all fellow Orthodox youth &/or beginners.
Mylissa Allnutt
Jul 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful!

Great for everyone to read and very inexpensive. Now all we have to do is read and follow the Bible.
Diane Matalas
Nov 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Short and Sweet

Simple and helpful for any one sincerely seeking to read and/or listen to, and learn the written Word of God.
Victor C. Domin
Apr 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good insight and simple to read

This is a well-written short treatise. However, my only complaint is that it is too short. I appreciate Fr. Peck's succinct explanation nonetheless.
Christian Proano
Dec 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
No bad for a sermoned, great for group discussion or home talk about, of course the discussion and talk about won't make any sense if the content of the book is not follow with practice.
Randy R.

• Baptized into Christ: A Guide to the Christian Life
  • On Acquisition of the Holy Spirit
  • Science and Human Behavior
  • The Truth About the Rapture: A Biblical Study
  • On the Rocks (Becker Brothers, #1)
  • The Early Church - From Ignatius to Augustine (Illustrated)
  • The Way of a Pilgrim and the Pilgrim Continues His Way
  • Rejecting RAPTUREMANIA: Making Sense of the Second Coming
  • The Transition Between Two Covenants
  • Zionism, the Wolf in Judaism's Clothing
  • That Forever Girl (Getting Lucky, #2)
  • Reveal (Wicked Ways, #2)
  • Smart People Should Build Things: How to Restore Our Culture of Achievement, Build a Path for Entrepreneurs, and Create New Jobs in America
  • Churchianity vs. Christianity: A Series of Lectures Delivered by Metropolitan Anthony Bloom
  • Little Girl Lost (DI Robyn Carter, #1)
  • Evil Games (D.I. Kim Stone, #2)