Start by marking “Crystal Storm (Falling Kingdoms, #5)” as Want to Read:
Crystal Storm (Falling Kingdoms, #5)

Crystal Storm (Falling Kingdoms #5)

4.35  ·  Rating Details ·  2,240 Ratings  ·  600 Reviews
The ruthless Empress Amara of Kraeshia has taken the Mytican throne, and now uncertainty looms over the three kingdoms. Since Lucia unleashed the fire Kindred, wreaking havoc throughout the land, Myticans have been looking for someone—anyone—they can trust. They believe in Amara, not knowing her grand promises are built on lies.

In Paelsia, Magnus and Cleo reluctantly follo
Published December 13th 2016 by Razorbill

To ask other readers questions about Crystal Storm, please sign up.

Daniella Plitman It's Magnus!!!!!! You can even see the scar if you zoom in. Plus Morgan Rhodes confirmed it on twitter!
Marilia Marino I feel much better now that is November 12th already.. only a month to go!!!

Cait • A Page with a View
I AM NOT OK WITH THAT ENDING. Are you kidding me. Someone get me a TARDIS or something because I cannot wait another year after that!

Aaaargh ok ok no big spoilers. This story in a nutshell: lots of people are either killed, back from the dead, or in the process of dying.

(I avoid major spoilers but do mention a couple very basic plot points from the start of the story since this is a review. So if that's somehow surprising or you were voluntarily seeking out reviews hoping to not see ANYTHING abo
Katerina
Dec 25, 2016 Katerina rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Well, I definitely need some liquid help to deal with this ending.

“When the storm comes, all will be revealed.”

Crystal Storm is indeed a storm. A storm of confusion, anger, vengeance, magic, love and greed. Power is a devious thing. It can corrupt the purest soul, cloud the sharpest mind, make everything seem pale compared to the knowledge, the intoxicating feeling that you can bend anything and anyone to your will. And that's what the Kindred, what the elemental deities offer. But this powe
Riley
Mar 24, 2016 Riley marked it as to-read
Shelves: new-releases
THAT COVER! It's everything I hoped it would be!
Also the SYNOPSIS! brb i am dying.
Brittney ~ Her Bookish Things
Good gracious. EoS and now this? Bloody hell. 2017 better bring us some happiness.

Alright. There will be some spoilers up to book 4 in here and I'll try to be vague about the rest.

If it has been a while since you read the first four books- I recommend doing a skim at least of the last book. There are seriously so many characters and I had a little trouble getting back in to the world. This picks right back up on the cliffhanger in book 4 and there are some small recaps but honestly I forgot who
Melanie
1.) Falling Kingdoms
2.) Rebel Spring
3.) Gathering Darkness
4.) Frozen Tides

Out of all the feelings I expected to have while reading Crystal Storm I never thought disappointment would be one of them, or the most prominent. Crystal Storm was, hands down, no question, my most anticipated book of 2016. It was even on my rough draft list of "best books published in 2016" because I was so confident it would be perfection incarnate. Oh, how wrong I was.

Instead of perfection, we got plot holes, unnec
Melissa ♥ Dog Lover ♥ Martin

Okay, let me just say this two times! Or let the gifs say it for me !!

I couldn't figure out whether to go with a 4 or a 5 star review so I kept it at 4.

Things that happened in this book! **NO SPOILERS**

Sooooooo, that ending. Yeah, where's the next freaking book now! OMG!

And I want to know what is going to happen to Lucia because she's got some stuff going on peeps, some stuff goin' on! I need to know what's going to come out of her!

Then we have some evil kindred dude causing all kinds of cha
мαүғℓσωεя

It’s January 1st, my first read of 2017 and it’s ended in heartbreak, the future is not looking bright.

Its common courtesy to not give your READERS A HEARTATTACK while they’re reading. Thanks.

Crystal Storm is the fifth book in the Falling Kingdom’s series and holds the award, by far, for the most beautiful cover.

I don’t think anyone is gonna argue with me on that. I mean just, look . . .

description

Crystal Storm, in my humble opinion, is the best book from the series. Where the other books lacke
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ (of BADGER and Snake)

RELEASED TODAY EVERYONE GO BUY MY MAGNUS BABY!!!!!! And for those friends who are getting ready to embark on this wonderful journey (*cough* Brittney, Pea *Cough*)-SPAM ME. 'kay bye.

I feel like its so far and few between that I get a chance to write a (well thought out) review for a book I love. For example, I’ve been sick off and on for five months, and my reading has been basically non-existent…but in the last couple months, I’ve managed to read some of my favorite books this year-and maybe 3
Caitlin
Dec 31, 2016 Caitlin rated it it was amazing
Buddy read with May (who regrets giving me permission to start this book)

????? What....did.....i......just......read......

I actually read this in 7 hours because I just sat down and read until it was over. I regret nothing at all because it was so fucking amazing.

This is, by far, my favourite in the Falling Kingdoms series. I have 0 clue how an author can fill that much action and that much drama into a 379 page book. It honestly has me at a loss of words. I was so sad going into this knowing
Zoha
Jan 03, 2017 Zoha rated it it was amazing
Buddy-read with Sara, here is her review, which, you'd want to read after my mindless ramble!

Umm... where shall I start??? Alright, who I am kidding! I am sure as hell gonna start with my babies MAGNEO!! This book lived up to all my expectations and then some! Its a no brainer that I absolutely loved this book!

And, oh! Spoilers ahead: Proceed with caution! :P

=>My favorite Prince and my beloved Princess are back, feisty and sarcastic as they ever are, to face the horror that is Kraeshian E
Sue (Hollywood News Source)
Actual rating: 2 to 2.5 stars

I wholeheartedly believe Falling Kingdoms have been consistent for the past four books. It gradually gets better. The stakes and the plot are raising within each installment. However, what the predecessors have developed, Crystal Storms debauched it.

This book is just a mess. Not even the Magneo can salvage it. My only hope is the final book would rectify that.
Lainey
Dec 19, 2016 Lainey rated it it was amazing
Video discussion of course will be coming soon!

____
I can't wait.
So much so I filmed a video of me talking about the cover and my theories: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s-Fr...
Candace (Literary Dust)
Dec 23, 2016 Candace (Literary Dust) rated it it was amazing
Seriously, I have to wait a whole year???? I just CAN'TTTTTTTTTTTTT! Magnus steals the show here as he always does, and I love every single thing that comes out of his mouth! Of course there had to me drama between Magnus and Cleo, I really hate Nic for some reason, Amara is the most annoying character in this whole series, I actually am starting to really like Lucia, and can Jonas and Lucia just get together already??? Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Kyan is still crazy, even without a form! There are a lo
Julie
Jan 03, 2017 Julie rated it really liked it
Satisfied but disappointed.

Confusing, eh? This book was good; it hit all the right points (Magneo scenes <3), but at the same time I thought the book was very poorly planned out because some of the scenes did not make sense or seemed very contrived. It was actually very slow to pick up in the beginning since most of the characters were confined to exchanging barbs in an action-less environment.

SPOILERS Warning.

The Good.

Magnus. What did you expect? He was as sassy and sarcastic as ever. He d
Carolina Carriço
Dec 27, 2016 Carolina Carriço rated it it was amazing
Edit #3

As expected I loved this book, so much! Magnus is my baby and there's nothing I wouldn't do for him. I also love Cleo, Jonas, Nic and a few others. Lucia was fine in this book but still...I'm not even close to forgiving her. Let's see how the next books go.

That ending was the absolute worst.

Edit #2

*screaming* COVER!!!!!!!! And it's freaking Magnus. MAGNUS! My baby!!!! I'm completely in love.

Edit #1

ONE YEAR goddammit! No one even dares pushing this release date back. If this changes
Cody
Feb 02, 2016 Cody marked it as to-read
description

CRYSTAL STORM.... Fall 2016? THERE IS A GOD. WE'RE NOT WORTHY!

Excitement overload, I need it.
Kisses A
Nov 27, 2016 Kisses A is currently reading it
Magnus!!!!!
Magnus!!!!!
Magnus!!!!

Cover Reveal!!!!!!
December can't come fast enough
Magnus is on the cover!!!!!!!

The countdown begins! Just about 2 more weeks!!!
Norah Una Sumner
Mar 23, 2016 Norah Una Sumner marked it as to-read
Update: THE COVER!!! IT'S MAGNUS ASDFGHJKL

WAIT...WE HAVE A TITLE?

description

How on Earth did I not know about this? I told myself I won't read Frozen Tides until we have a cover for this beauty...Seems like I'm one step closer.

Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)

***No spoilers. Just major, incoherent fangirling. I apologize in advance.***

OKAY. WTF WAS THAT ENDING??? I swear to god, Morgan Rhodes will be the death of us all.

First off, I just wanted to say that going into Crystal Storm, I didn't think it would even come close to being my favorite book in this series. I actually found the first 150 pages to be painfully slow and pointless to the point where I was ready to dock off a star for the pacing alone. BUT once we did surpass 150 pages, SHIT WENT
Tecla
Aug 13, 2016 Tecla marked it as to-read
Magnus, you have officially arrived to the #1 book boyfriend spot. You've knocked Warner to #2. Congrats!! And I need more Magneo in my life. And I want Lucia to fall off a cliff and drown.
Anna
Mar 23, 2016 Anna marked it as to-read
OMG, Magnus en la portada *corazones everywhere*
I love you.

Necesito este libro.
Y a Magnus.

Lena

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!
This book rendered me utterly and completely speechless. That cliffhanger is one of the worst I've been left with since ACOMAF, I'm not kidding. My advice: Don't even try to prepare yourself for it. There's nothing that'll prepare you for what's to come.
See you guys in a year...

Review to come as soon as I've recovered from this beast disguised as a book that holds promises of a better future (or at least I thought that's what this book was going to be)
Rachel
Jan 09, 2017 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy-feels
This is currently me after that ending....

This is me when someone asks me how I'm gonna deal with waiting for the last book....

There isn't a whole lot I can say about this book that hasn't already been said by others. Jonas is more useful in this book. Amara rivals Lucia for the most annoying character. Lucia does, however become a little more likable. I now ship her and Jonas. Magnus & Cleo are still the driving force that is this series. They are my babies & I love them. I
Kiki
I just...

I can't with this series. And I can't because it is SO GOOD.

Crystal Storm was a little slower than previous instalments, but shit if the ending wasn't explosive. In fact, it was fucking harrowing. Basically, don't even talk to me about the ending.

(view spoiler)
Sabrina
Dec 20, 2016 Sabrina rated it it was amazing
**** Before Reading

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!! I'M READY FOR THIS BOOK NOW!
Dying3 photo 809948_zps8b92b771.gif
Excitedgirl photo 437269_zps549d6756.gif
But honestly-I NEED TO READ ABOUT MAGNUS AND CLEO NOW! I HAVE 3 YEARS INVESTED INTO THIS THING AND I CAN'T WAIT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Waiting photo 8040816_zpsafb8dc8c.gif
Waitingman photo 786518_zps646f7920.gif

***** After Reading

WHAT IN THE HOLY HECK? Just to let you know the rest of this will be spoilers because I NEED TO RANT!!! (view spoiler)
Jane Kan
Dec 23, 2016 Jane Kan rated it it was amazing
this cover is badass

how can I wait another year for the finale.... and this book is as addicting as the previous four books.
Ann
Dec 29, 2016 Ann rated it it was amazing
Shhhhh. Do you hear that? It's the sound of my heart breaking into a million pieces bECAUSE THIS BOOK FUCKING KILLED ME AND I. CANT. EVEN.
LIKE, I KNEW THIS WAS GOING TO END BADLY BUT CHRIST, I WASN'T EXPECTING THIS KIND OF BAD OMFG. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO WAIT ANOTHER YEAR FOR THE NEXT BOOK?!? *cries in spanish*
Kristy Mauna
Real talk, this book destroyed me. I finished reading it before I headed to bed, but I couldn't even sleep because I kept thinking of that ending.. I'm still a bit sad, so this will probably be a bunch of gibberish as I work through my emotions. . .

Like my previous reviews for this series, there will be spoilers so beware!! (I did hide them this time around, but this is just in case they appear on the mobile app.)

(view spoiler)
ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥
update 03.22.16

WE HAVE A COVER .............

AND I'M DEAD.. IT'S SO FREAKIN AWESOME

I wanna stare at it FOREVER

WAIT!! IS THAT MAGNUS???

OMG! OMG! OMG!

THIS IS MY FAVORITE OF THEM ALL..

==================

I LOOOOOOOVE IT!
Rachael ( RachaelRexds )
Dec 27, 2016 Rachael ( RachaelRexds ) rated it it was amazing
UMMMM WHAT WAS THAT ENDING?!?!?!?!??!?!!??!!?!?!! OMG I'M LITERALLY STILL IN SHOCK AND I DON'T KNOW HOW I'M SUPPOSE TO LIVE ANYMORE. MORGAN RHODES IS SO AMAZING BUT ALSO SO CRUEL AHHHH HOW CAN SHE DO THIS TO US?!

I promise I'll have a full review up once I'm able to process everything that just happened ( OMG ) but if anyone wants to DM me and scream about this book together, PLEASE DO!!! I NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TO ABOUT THIS.
Falling Kingdoms ...: Discussion: Crystal Storm 12 96 Dec 23, 2016 06:10AM
Pakistani Readers: * Crystal Storm*Buddy-read 100 33 Dec 20, 2016 10:46AM
  • Like a River Glorious (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #2)
  • Our Dark Duet (Monsters of Verity #2)
  • Bloodwitch (The Witchlands, #3)
  • The Muse of Nightmares (Strange the Dreamer, #2)
  • The Fallen Kingdom (The Falconer, #3)
  • The Nobleman’s Revenge (The Hanna Duology, #2)
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles Trilogy #1)
  • Untitled (Many-Worlds, #3)
  • Warcross (Warcross, #1)
  • Witch's Pyre (Worldwalker, #3)
  • Given to the Sea
  • Terra (The Elementae, #1)
  • Untitled (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #5)
  • Avenged (Ruined, #2)
  • Wonder Woman: Warbringer (DC Icons, #1)
  • Legion (Talon, #4)
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
  • Dawn Study (Soulfinders, #3)
Morgan Rhodes lives in Ontario, Canada. As a child, she always wanted to be a princess -- the kind that knows how to wield a sharp sword to help save both kingdoms and princes from fire-breathing dragons and dark wizards. Instead, she became a writer, which is just as good and much less dangerous. Along with writing, Morgan enjoys photography, travel, reality TV, and is an extremely picky, yet vor ...more
More about Morgan Rhodes...

Falling Kingdoms (6 books)
  • Falling Kingdoms (Falling Kingdoms, #1)
  • Rebel Spring (Falling Kingdoms, #2)
  • Gathering Darkness (Falling Kingdoms, #3)
  • Frozen Tides (Falling Kingdoms, #4)
  • Untitled (Falling Kingdoms, #6)