Start by marking “Worth the Wait (Cloverleaf #4)” as Want to Read:
Worth the Wait (Cloverleaf #4)

Worth the Wait

(Picking up the Pieces #4)

Cloverleaf was Mackenzie Webster's second chance. It was the place where she dreamed of starting over and creating a new life for her and her children. She had a carefully thought-out plan for what this new life would look like, and nowhere in it was there room for a relationship. But the one thing Kenzie never counted on was meeting Brett Halstead.

Brett was all about fun
Published January 27th 2015 by Jessica Prince

To ask other readers questions about Worth the Wait, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Worth the Wait

What I liked:
1) The dual povs.
2) The sometimes humorous banter and dialogue.
3) How sweet Brett was, however unrealistic.
4) How much Mackenzie loved her kids. I think the fact that she was a mother set the tone for a much more mature story. It wasn't more mature than the other books in this series by that much, but it was definitely less silly.
5) The funny kid antics.
6) No ow/om drama.
7) The epilogue where we find out what happened to all the different couples.

What I didn't like:
1) Brett was onl
BookSmacked
This was a perfect way to end this series. I will start off by saying that every book in this series gave me something different. From angst, to second chance to swoony and sweet romance and I loved every single book in this series. What I will say is that what all these have in comment is the perfect amount of comedy, there wasn't one book where I didn't have giggling fits.

Worth The Wait I would best describe as a swoony and sweet romance. Brett and Kenzie's story was so easy for me to get int
Angie
After Brett's callous remark in Pushing the Boundaries I was curious how he was going to bounce back from that one. But he did, oh boy, did he ever. He's an amazing man. He never let prickly Kenzie deter him. He never gave up proving to her he was nothing like her ex.

Kenzie has had a shit life. She went straight from emotionally abusive and neglectful parents to an emotionally and physically abusive partner. But she eventually got her and her kids away from him to start a new life in Cloverleaf.
Garden Of REden
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Full Series Review:

This series as a whole get five huge stars from me.  There is nothing like a story about life long friends who love and support each other through everything life throws at them.  The connection between all of these characters was amazing and watching as they bring someone new into their circle and show them the same love and support they show each other just sealed the deal for me.

These books were laugh out loud hilarious, fast paced, pulled at your heart strings, and full of
Kristen Geist
Dec 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another absolutely amazing book from Jessica Prince! They just keep getting better and better! I am so in love with this series and a little heartbroken that it's over! Like all the other characters of Cloverleaf, Brett and Kenzie are just so loveable. They are so real, so flawed, and so relatable! I love how the Cloverleaf gang so willingly accepted Kenzie and her kids and she fit in so seamlessly with them! I absolutely love seeing the growth of all the other characters in this book as well. I ...more
Erin
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved this series. As sad as I am to see it end, the ending was perfect. adored Brett and the way he loved the twins. My heart just melted. So much fun watching the gang together whether its to support one another or tease them relentlessly. That tight group was a joy to watch as they each had their own adventure to their HEA. The ending of this book did a wonderful job wrapping everyone's story up. This was a fantastic series filled with hopes, tears, tons of laughter and sass, and ...more
Cyndi Brent
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Worth the wait

I absolutely loved this whole series!! I loved every character and it was hard for me also knowing this is the last book. These books have everything....steamy sex scenes, sexy alpha men, lots of humor, great friendships, and lots of romance. The only issue I have is with the last book. Everything worked out perfectly with lance except the guy who got set up never got off the hook since lance didn't get exposed. That kind of sucks. Still give this whole series 5 stars!!!!!
Mckenzie Simmons
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Love the Cloverleaf gang. Kenzie and Brett stole my heart, they had great chemistry and he was so strong for her and the kiddos. Hope to see all these babies all grown up and falling in love themselves ;)
Ashley Boone
Jan 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this entire series and I think this was a great ending to it. Brett is one hell of a guy. And Kenzie is super strong and resilient. I love how he stepped to be everything they needed and more. I want a Brett!
Melissa
Jul 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brenzies

I'll give it a 4.5 star. I liked the story. I kept waiting for the Kaboom moment where they would be apart like in the other books. It surprised me a bit the end, but not as much as I was hoping. I'd have loved a longer ending, but I guess it had to end eventually haha.
Fatima McKindra
Feb 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: h-h-with-kids
Ok I LOVED this book. Amazingly genuine characters in an exceptionally told tale of redemption and family. And there are TWO epilogues!!! Awesomesauce! Will definitely be looking for more from this author. :)
Danielle from Short and Sassy
Apr 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 stars
Danielle Calabrese
Feb 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
I am so glad that I read this series after all of the books were out! Very well written, sweet series!
❤️Melanie
Feb 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story. It provided me with every emotion, kept me entertained and wanting more. Loved each and every character.
Gata Leitora / Cat reader
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: love, family
Kenzie is trying to move on alongside her cute kids, she comes from a distressed past and ended up losing confidence in people. When she arrives in Cloverleaf, she soon meets Lizzie, this crazy woman who owns a beauty salon who gives her a job and introduces her friends .
Even without being interested in relationships, she is attracted to Brett who slowly gets to the heart of the girl. Alternating past and present gradually we understand Kenzie's reactions and cheering for her besides laughing a
Charlene
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I wish this series wasn’t over...maybe their kids need books one day and the series will be revived?!

Kelly Fountain
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
When you've been pushed and pulled, beaten and broken, the only place you can go is up. Kenzie escaped the horror that her life had been to a small little town where family is who you make it to be. She never expected him. Brett knew just by looking at her that she was special, she was beautiful and she would be his. Uphill battles and a few laughs follow throughout the pages. Life is finally perfect. Until her past comes back with a vengeance. Amazing how something so beautiful could crumble in ...more
Ebony Gonzales
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very nice conclusion to the series. I thought it wrapped up everything very nicely. The thing that threw me off in this book even more so than the others was the mistakes. One chapter even said it was from Lizzy's perspective when it became clear several lines in that it was Kenzie's point of view. Besides that I warmed up to Kenzie and Brett immediately, and Cameron & Callie were just adorable little con-artists. If you've read the others in this series, do yourself a favor and pick this on ...more
FunUndertheCovers
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have to admit, as much as I loved the rest of this series, I’ve been looking forward to Kenzie and Brett’s story the most! Kenzie has a past that shes keeping a secret, one that she believes has made her damaged goods and doesn’t think she has anything to offer Brett. Luckily Brett thinks otherwise...and he doesn’t disappoint in any department! When Kenzie’s past tears it’s ugly head, I panicked that things weren’t going to work out the way they were supposed to, but never fear because Jessica ...more
Brenda
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One heck of a story

I read each of the books from this series. Each book is a stand alone but each book about a different couple. I really, really, really liked this series this last book was freaking awesome!! You cannot go wrong reading this series. I've never read from this author until this series. But I will look at her other titles.
Lindsey Kramer
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m so happy that Brett got his own book and found the girl of his dreams. There were bumps in the road, but I wouldn’t want anything less, especially for Brett and Kenzie. This book is what a true romance should be.
Ciara Kelly
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sighworthy

Yet another fantastic story. Full of laugh out loud and tearjerking moments. I have grown so fond of all the gang, that I'm genuinely going to missyhem
Kashina Brown
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great

I am going to really miss the cloverleaf gang! After ready all the books, I feel as I am apart of the group!
Karen Jones
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked this one the best from this series. Brett was my favorite "friend" throughout. This book also didn't have the smart mouth dialogue that ruined the other books.
Spunky N Sassy
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 5.0

~~~~~~~~~~Tracy's ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

In this final book in the Picking up the Pieces series I followed Mackenzie and Brett's story. Brett always seemed to be the quiet one that held this group of friends together so when he is blown away by Mackenzie his world is turned upside down. I loved this couple as well as all the rest of the characters in this series. I love how strong Brett is for everyone in his life. Mackenzie has a past that is hunting her down but even t
Jacqueline
Aug 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Awww I'm sad it's over, this was again a good book. I'm going to miss reading about these characters. I just wish it wasn't the end they're all so funny and silly in their own way.

“Oh, well, that’s just great! Want to impart any more wisdom on my kids while you’re at it? Why don’t you just tell them they don’t need a college education?” “Yay!” the little girl cheered excitedly. “Callie, no. Mommy was just being sarcastic. Don’t listen to anything I say for the next two minutes.” “Ah, dang it,”
Rachel
Jun 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
First, let me say how much I do love this book. How much I do LOVE this series. I am so sad to end this series because the characters totally came to life for me and the epilogue was just so heartwarming I just wanted to live in their world and be in their circle of friends!

Now, on to Brett and Kenzie...

I loved Brett's character. I loved how much he loved Kenzie and her kids. I thought this was a much more grown up book than the others, but I still love that the characters were still fun/funny.
Itsy Bitsy Book Bits
Aug 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Worth the Wait was a great 5 star read. Romance, Ugly cry, Hot Alpha, Great circle of friends

Ease settled over me knowing when we woke, it would be the first day of our new lives. Better lives.

I’m sad that this is the last book in this great series but it was “Worth the Wait”.
This is Kenzie and Brett’s story. Kenzie has an abusive past that she has fled from with her children Cameron and Callie. She was lucky enough to get a job at Lizzy’s salon and becomes a part of the family.
While constructio
Nancy Metsch
Aug 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A perfect ending to a great series
Kenzie and Brett's story is so heartwarming and heart breaking all at once. They come from two different worlds. One always had love in their life. The other only knew misery.
And it's a shame. Kenzie is a wonder woman, her heart is so full of love and it's a surprise that she is like that considering how she grew up and then to make matters worse, she went from the frying pan straight to the pits of hell. The best part of her world are her twins Callie and Ca
Jennifer Wyk
May 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Brett!!! Oh boy. He is one heck of a guy - yeah, he said something pretty cold hearted in Pushing the Boundaries, but let's face it. We all knew he was just protecting himself.

And he totally redeemed himself - in a big & amazing way. He was gentle, patient, caring and so dang incredible. He is one of the most perfect book boyfriends!! Kenzie is so beautiful - inside and out. She's been dealt a crap life but is making something of the new life she has.

I absolutely loved this entire series.
  • Beyond Broken (The Bay Boys, #3)
  • Unexpected Change
  • Bonds (Binds, #2)
  • Lost (Shattered, #2)
  • Clarity
  • Catching Serenity (Seeking Serenity, #4)
  • Escaping the Blackness (Cooper Brothers #1)
  • When Night Falls (McCassey Cousins, #1)
  • Destroy Me (Destroy 2)
  • Muse (Fusion #1)
  • Silent Repercussions (Second Chances, #3)
  • One to Save (One to Hold, #6)
  • Charmed Deception
  • Keeping the Peace (Small Town Girl, #3)
  • First and Goal (Moving the Chains, #1)
  • Untitled (Lifeless, #2.5)
  • The Blue Woods (Twin Willows, #3)
  • Heart
Born and raised around Houston, Jessica is a self proclaimed caffeine addict, connoisseur of inexpensive wine, and the worst driver in the state of Texas. In addition to being all of these things, she’s first and foremost a wife and mom.
Growing up, she shared her mom and grandmother’s love of reading. But where they leaned toward murder mysteries, Jessica was obsessed with all things romance.
Whe

Picking up the Pieces (4 books)
  • Picking up the Pieces (Cloverleaf #1)
  • Rising from the Ashes (Cloverleaf #2)
  • Pushing the Boundaries (Cloverleaf #3)