Start by marking “Honeymoon i Paris” as Want to Read:
Honeymoon i Paris

Honeymoon i Paris

(The Girl You Left Behind 0.5)

Kærlighedsfortælling fra byernes by om to nygifte par, hvis historier på overraskende vis griber ind ind i hinanden, selv om næsten et århundrede skiller dem.

1988. Liv Halston har noget impulsivt giftet sig med arkitekten David, som hun kun har kendt kort tid. Nu er de taget til Paris på bryllupsrejse, men det er på ingen måde den romantiske tur, som Liv havde glædet sig
Hardcover, First Edition, 120 pages
Published October 21st 2014 by Cicero (first published August 16th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Honeymoon i Paris, please sign up.
Asteropê Chronologically, this comes first. In the blurb is says: "Honeymoon in Paris takes place several years before the events to come in The Girl You Left…moreChronologically, this comes first. In the blurb is says: "Honeymoon in Paris takes place several years before the events to come in The Girl You Left Behind when both couples have just married." BUT it also says: "This enthralling self-contained story..." - meaning it can be read alone or with The Girl You Left Behind. I'd say the choice is yours. If you are wanting to read the stories as how they unfold in time, then Honeymoon in Paris is first, then The Girl You Left Behind. If you don't mind, then you could read it after The Girl You Left Behind. I don't think there's anything in this novella that is necessary to understand the novel. (less)
Jenny Faith I just borrowed a physical copy from the library. I live in Singapore.

☘Misericordia☘ ~ The Serendipity Aegis ~  ⚡ϟ⚡ϟ⚡⛈ ✺❂❤❣
This did NOTHING for me except for all the exruciating PAIN just from reading it. The best parts of this novelette are its cover (the 1 star comes for it) and the fact it's mercifully short. Otherwise, it's an assault at my nerves, (which aren't lately in the fine shape that they used to be in once). This is probably the first time ever for me not to have enjoyed even a happy end!

The plot had precious little to do with Paris. The city was mostly a backstage prop against which this unimaginably s
enqi ☁️✨ [joon's]
UPDATE - 21 May 2018: Finally about to start reading The Girl You Left Behind so I reread this book for some background! And I loved it just as much as I did the first time. 💗

------

I loved this book.

Honeymoon in Paris was a beautiful, wonderful, moving, poignant, and evocative book. (don't mind my list of adjectives) And I felt the pure emotion of it even though it only spanned the length of 70 pages.

Without any lewd descriptions or blushing, giggling female protagonists that are typically see
Jeanne
Aug 11, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible
Listened to this one on audio, it's just a very short prequel to The Girl You Left Behind. I liked it, there just wasn't that much to it. My impression of Liv was that she was kind of a whiner. I hope she is more likable in the next book. Thanks to Maida for reminding me there was a prequel:))
Aya Hamza
This novella is written beautifully, marvellous!
I didn't know this one is an introduction to the novel The Girl You Left Behind, and that made me really want to read it!

The novella is like multi-time love stories, one in 2002 and the other in 1912, but both shared the part of the honeymoon in Paris.

In the one in 1912, Edouard and Sophie were newlywed in Paris, Edouard was a talented artist but Sophie was just a normal shop-girl. Edouard fell in love with her and immediately asked to marry he
Rikke
Oct 26, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned-books, romance
This was cute, but not overly cute. Moyes is so skilled at crafting touching romances with a hint of realism and an aftertaste of something bittersweet. Her stories are believable and the romantic aspects lies in the recognition.

Before I read the afterword, I had not realized that "Honeymoon in Paris" was a prequel. I look forward to seeing which turn the story will take in its fully fleshed out form, as I adored "The Last Letter From Your Lover", which this story was a bit reminiscent of in Moy
Purple Country Girl (Sandy)

Honeymoon in Paris is a novella, a prequel to Moyes’ full-length The Girl You Left Behind. I’m not a huge fan of short stories because they never seem to draw a complete portrait but, since I’ve had The Girl You Left Behind sitting unread on my bookshelf for over a year, I decided to see if I could jump start my interest with this little morsel. In Honeymoon in Paris, we get snap shots of two recently married women, both wondering if they’ve made the best decision. One is a modern story, the oth
Catherine
May 17, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is the most vapid book I have every read and I am not exaggerating. It is two seperate stories about two women on their honeymoons with their husbands in Paris. One is in 1912 and the other is 2002. Both women are equally stupid, short sighted and narcissistic. The modern one moans and complains because her husband makes a business meeting while in Paris. He is an architect and wants to meet a client. SHE DECIDES THIS IS SO BAD SHE HAS TO LEAVE HIM. WHAT??? Sorry the guy is trying to make a ...more
Kulsuma
Sep 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Honeymoon in Paris is a marvellous introduction to the characters in The Girl You Left Behind. Although I read this after The Girl You Left Behind, I was very interested in learning more about the couples in the story; Sophie and Edouard and Liv and David.

Sophie loves Edouard and he loves her. But Sophie wonders how long his love will last. For Liv, her honeymoon with David is not going the way she imagined. Is it a sign of what their life together will be like?

Honeymoon in Paris is a great con
Tuba Sayed
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I didn't know this was a TGYLB novella, and after reading the names of the characters, I thought Jojo Moyes should come up with different character names, Man we already have so many Davids and Livs and later it hit me that they are my babies from TGYLB and was sooooo freaking happy! I didn't even know that this story existed. It was a pleasure to get to know David on a very intimate level, and Liv is the kind of character you can see yourself in. This is such a perfect introduction to The girl ...more
Liza Wiemer
Jul 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Have your heart broken, then repaired in Paris! Honeymoon in Paris is a winner.

Honeymoon in Paris is an engrossing novella created as a prequel to Jojo Moyes's The Girl You Left Behind. This novella is completely satisfying as a story. You won't be left hanging, which is a relief. Still, you'll be grateful that they're more to read in The Girl You Left Behind.

Honeymoon in Paris is told in alternating chapters between two different time periods in Paris.

Chapter 1:
2002: From the moment you meet Li
Tara Chevrestt
I see so many people complaining nowadays about stories being too short. But I must say...I fail to see what they're griping about when sometimes a short story has all that you need and then some.

Like this one.

It's one of those multi-time stories. There's a modern-day story and a story a hundred years before, both involving newly weds honeymooning in Paris. Each wife is confused and miserable due to some misunderstanding. Through a painting, their stories connect.

There's a moral here: too often
Andrea
Dec 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aseel
so am supposed to read this before ''The Girl you Left Behind" by Jojo Moyes :-D
Gosh i loved that story
Wish to read it again
Can't :'(
It is so emotional <3
Luchi Rzezak
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect prequel for The Girl You Left Behind. This call for a re reading. Love Sofhie and Edouard fiercely
Beth (bibliobeth)
Honeymoon in Paris is a novella meant as a sort of prequel to the author’s book The Girl You Left Behind. Within it Jojo Moyes uses different chapters to narrate two love stories of women on their honeymoon to set the scene of two different time periods which provides a heart-warming and somewhat comforting read. The first story is that of Olivia (Liv) Halston in the present time (2002) and her new husband David, a much in demand architect. A bit too in demand, in fact as we find out when we mee ...more
Janine Zachariae
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Honeymoon in Paris is a really cute book.
It's lovely to read that, even as a fresh married couple, nothing is perfect and sometimes you have to struggle with some gossip and the work from your husband.

Love it.
t.
Honeymoon in Paris is the prequel to The Girl You Left Behind and, while the blurb predicted I'd fall in love with the characters the book will be focusing on, that wasn’t the case for me and I don’t feel particularly tempted to pick up the book.

This novella follows two couples during their honeymoon in Paris; one in 1912, the other in 2002. Sophie marries an artist and Liv, almost a century later, marries a workaholic architect. As in every relationship, there are problems, and newlyweds aren’t
Nikole Hahn
Aug 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

“”Yes, it can,” he said, waiting as I padded across the bare floor back to him. He pulled me into bed and looked at me steadily from across the pillow, a rueful smile upon his face. “It can last as long as we wish it. And, as the master of this house, I decree that every day of our marriage must be a honeymoon.”" Location 888-890, Honeymoon in Paris

Honeymoon in Paris by JoJo Moyes uniquely combines the stories of The Halstons and The Lefevres as they are on their honeymoon in Paris. The Halstons
Love Fool
Honeymoon in Paris takes place several years before the events to come in The Girl You Left Behind when both couples have just married. Sophie, a provincial girl, is swept up in the glamour of Belle poque Paris but discovers that loving a feted artist like Edouard brings undreamt of complications. Following in Sophie's footsteps a hundred years later, Liv, after a whirlwind romance, finds her Parisian honeymoon is not quite the romantic getaway she had been hoping for...

I really enjoyed The Girl
Rose
Honeymoon in Paris was the perfect amount of sweet romance (I LOVE LOVE LOVE Édouard and Sophie's love for each) and bittersweet moments. I loved how badass Sophie is in the scene where she's getting the money from people who haven't paid for Édouard's paintings yet and how protective Édouard is when Sophie gets disrespected.

The novella was split in two interwoven stories (they aren't that interwoven yet in this novella but I guess the "real" interwovenness of the stories will happen in The Gir
Sabrina
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This novella was just okay. I noticed in the final chapter it switched P.O.V. and tenses. Throughout the novella, chapters focused on Liv in 2002 were in third-person P.O.V./present tense. The last chapter (Liv-centered) went from "I lay back on the bed..." to "Liv rings off, just as David returns." Just a small thing, but I found it distracting.

The included preview of The Girl You Left Behind was interesting though. That book seems to have a much more substantial plot. I know this one was "jus
Emma
May 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This novella is a perfect little introduction to Sophie and Liv. I didn't know it was a prequel to The Girl You Left Behind - luckily I'd bought both so I could go straight on to it, because the romance of Paris totally drew me in (even though neither woman is having a particularly great time) and I just wanted to continue reading their stories. Jojo Moyes is one of the best chick lit writers around - multi layered, believable characters, romance, captivating stories...I'm looking forward to cat ...more
Michelle
Feb 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was just a perfect little love story to read on a Saturday afternoon.
I thought the two stories went well together without really touching each other directly.
I so felt for Liv and thought perhaps Sophie was overreacting just a bit, but the doubts that come with a rushed marriage just leaps off the pages and that, I think, was perhaps what this little story was all about.

I'm looking forward to see what else is in store for Liv and Sophie in the book that follows this little prequel.
Karen
Sep 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This short story is a prequel to JoJo Moyes' latest book, The Girl You Left Behind, which I have recently read and very much enjoyed. Although only about 75 pages, it gives you a very good feel for the background of the two female leads in The Girl You Left Behind - Sophie and Liv and is an excellent taster for the book. I loved it and only wished it was longer.
Lori
Mar 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed... looking forward to continuing this journey with The Girl You Left Behind!!! Full review on both to come!!!
Tran Thanh Tu
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-read, ebooks
Sweet, lovely short read!
Jeynna ( The Romance Junkie)
A prequel to The Girl You Left Behind. I like it, but I'm not loving it. There's a difference about it. Though I love The Girl You Left Behind, this one is just not up to my liking..so 4 stars.:)
Julie
May 16, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A cute little book where you follow two different stories that are somewhat connected.
Its a easy read and works fine as a short story.
Rays Readings
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The narrative follows Nell Simmons, who has planned to go to Paris with her boyfriend – but he doesn’t turn up to go on the trip. Nell then decides to continue her adventures in Paris alone. She was brilliant, optimistic, funny, and cheerful. Her determination made me want to be as independent as her. During her adventure, she meets Fabian, a single and funny frensh guy. He shows her around. He’s so sweet and a gentlemen to the point you feel he’s the right man for everyone.
The story is the amaz
Dayna Mccormick
Novella for The Girl You Left Behind, meh.
La Stamberga dei ...: Luna di miele a Parigi di Jojo Moyes 1 9 Feb 23, 2014 06:59AM

• Wedding Hells (Parker Sisters #0.5)
  • Fast Forward
  • Almost True (When I Was Joe, #2)
  • The Debt & The Doormat
  • Ghost Flower
  • The Dex-Files (Experiment in Terror, #5.7)
  • Hooked: When Addiction Hits Home
  • After Eden
  • The Book Lovers' Appreciation Society
  • Promises Made Under Fire
  • Hubble Bubble
  • The Promise of Iceland
  • The Worst Thing a Suburban Girl Could Imagine
  • Viajero (A Filipino Novel)
  • What Love Sees
  • At Least You're in Tuscany: A Somewhat Disastrous Quest for the Sweet Life
  • Manifest Your Millions: A Lottery Winner Shares his Law of Attraction Secrets
  • Must Be Love (Talyton St George, #2)
Jojo Moyes is a British novelist.

Moyes studied at Royal Holloway, University of London. She won a bursary financed by The Independent newspaper to study journalism at City University and subsequently worked for The Independent for 10 years. In 2001 she became a full time novelist.

Moyes' novel Foreign Fruit won the Romantic Novelists' Association (RNA) Romantic Novel of the Year in 2004.

She is mar

The Girl You Left Behind (1 books)
  • The Girl You Left Behind
“I’m going to end up like my mother. She left it too late to remember who she actually was before she became a wife.” 0 likes
“Inténtalo de nuevo. Fracasa de nuevo. Fracasa mejor . Samuel Beckett” 0 likes