Start by marking “Just A Taste (The O'Learys, #5)” as Want to Read:
Just A Taste (The O'Learys, #5)

Just A Taste

(The O'Learys #5)

Grief has brought them together again—will love open the door to their future? When it’s an O’Leary in the picture, finding out is just part of the adventure…

Carmen Delgado is left reeling when her father dies. Taking care of him has been her sole purpose for so long, she’s forgotten what it’s like to have dreams of her own. And with steady, sexy Liam O’Leary inheriting a
Published January 19th 2014 by Lyrical Press

To ask other readers questions about Just A Taste, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just A Taste

Wendy'sThoughts
Jan 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Shannyn Schroeder Fans, The O'Leary's, Romance
4 Discovering Yourself * * * *

Things in life do not always follow the path we thought they would and when that happens... we sometimes lose ourselves in the taking care of others... This is the theme of this book. We have Carmen who has been helping her family for years... first when her sweet mother passed. Then she assisted her father on the venture of his food truck; he sold his successful restaurant to his brother and carried the business out to the streets... Carmen had gone to school for b
Jonetta
When Carmen Delgado's father died, she was left adrift as her life had been committed to taking care of him and helping with his business. Her father was also Liam O'Leary's mentor, encouraging him to pursue a culinary career. While he loves being a chef, he's not all that happy working for his current restaurant employer. When he goes to pay his respects to Carmen, it's a foundation to reconnect and form a new relationship, business and personal.

I really liked Carmen and Liam, she with all of
Lisa Filipe
Loved this Book! Where have I been that this is the first in the O'Leary's series from Shannyn Schroeder that I have read. I will just have to go back and grab the rest, if they are as much fun as JUST A TASTE!

Ever wanted to know how to operate and run a Food Truck? JUST A TASTE follows Liam and Carmen as they work out the kinks of taking over for her father Gus who has recently passed away, and trying to make a relationship grow and work throughout!

In Typical Schroeder fashion, the characters w
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Reviewed by Kim
for Read Your Writes Book Reviews

Just a Taste was one of those books I liked from the start. Having read all the books in this series, except for one, Liam was the only O'Leary family member who was a mystery to me. Unlike the other male members in his family, Liam doesn't own a bar. He's actually a chef and has worked his way up from dishwasher to executive chef at various restaurants throughout Chicago.

Liam is at a crossroads in his professional career. He wants to open his own
Darcy
Nov 10, 2014 rated it liked it
I really liked Carmen and Liam, but their inability to really talk to each other drove me nuts. I get at the start why Carmen was closed off, but Liam showed her over and over that she was important to her, then later he let her know with words.

I loved how family playing into this one, but got annoyed with the families. Being from 2 very different ethnic peoples it annoyed me that each didn't think the other was worthy, especially Liam's mother. It felt like that part of the story line got dropp
Barb Lie
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Just a Taste by Shannyn Schroeder is the 5th book in her wonderful O’Learys series. The O’Learys is a wonderful enjoyable series about a close knit Irish family, and in each book, we get to spend time with them all, as well as watch one of them find their mate.

Just a Taste belongs Liam O’Leary, who is a chef. Liam has always wanted his own restaurant, and is now working at high clientele establishment as the head chef. However, he is not happy, as he feels his boss does not appreciate him, and m
Renee Entress
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 star

The story has laughs, grief, betrayal, and heartbreak.

I would recommend reading the below before reading this story
More Than This (The O'Leary's, #1)
A Good Time (The O'Leary's, #2)
Something to Prove (The O'Leary's, #3)
Catch Your Breath (The O'Leary's #4)

This is Carmen and Liam’s story. Liam goes to check on Carmen after she loses her father. Her father left his food truck to both Carmen and Liam. After Liam leaves his job he takes over the food truck. The more they are together the
Isha Coleman
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Love is about risk. When risking your heart, pain is inevitable, but the rewards far outweigh the heartaches. Carmen and Liam's story is a celebration of a life well lived. Brought together by a heartbreaking loss, these two wandering hearts could be on the verge of finding their own happy ending, together. Schroeder reminds that it's okay to feel. Just a Taste is a tale of love, loss and life that expresses the love at it's most inspiring and heartbreaking.
FicCentral
centralpickshijackedbyysar

When his former mentor Gus passes away, gourmet chef Liam finds himself co-owner of a food truck. It isn't the job he's always dreamed of, but then again, he's not exactly happy as chef under a meddlesome restaurant owner who keeps messing up his menus.

For the last several years, Carmen's life has revolved around taking care of her parents, and now that they're gone, she's not sure what to do with herself. She's lost and grieving when Liam shows up, but when they decide to give the food truck a
Shirley Frances
Jul 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Liam has been ready to open his own restaurant for a while now. He has proven he has what it takes to make it in the business, but it's his mentor's death that truly forces him to see it's time to set things in motion. Finding out he has s share of his mentor's successful business helps him to make the transition, but he wasn't expecting to feel so drawn to Carmen that he second guessed his future plans.

Carmen is feeling a little lost now that she doesn't have her father to take care of. She kn
Gaele
Feb 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
I’ve jumped about a bit in this series, and I really do need to go back and catch up: the O’Learys is such a fun series, with real characters and situations that are easy for all of us to relate to. In Just A Taste, Carmen has been taking care of her father during his illness, until he finally succumbs. Apparently Carmen’s father had a bit of the matchmaker in him, as he bequests half of Gus’ Taco Taxi to Liam, a talented chef, in the hopes that he and Carmen will continue the legacy.

Liam isn’t
Crystal
Jan 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: klover, kensington
I received a copy in exchange for a honest review.

Confession time... I've been in a little bit of a reading slump for the past couple of weeks. Actually, the slump monster has been lurking in the dark since mid-December. It has made reading difficult and not a lot of fun. Why am I saying this with my review of Just A Taste? Well, Mr. Slump Monster tried to stop me from reading it. But since I loved the previous book in Shannyn's O'Leary's series, I was not about to let the slump win. I fought to
Books and Spoons
Jan 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved that Liam is a chef, no surprise there. I liked the food aspect, the starting off on the food truck again and the routines it involved, working it out, finding what they could do with it. Intriguing, interesting and fun.
Liam and Carmen had a believable connection and attraction, it was endearing how they took care of each other during the crisis in their lives from the beginning. The body image and food issues that Carmen had were real, but workable, and Liam was willing and a
Anima
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hot-romance
The O'Leary's, a lovable Irish group with a large family and bigger hearts. We've read of the others now it's Liam's turn. As a chef he trained well and started off like any other, washing dishes in a kitchen. He wants his own place someday and he gets really close. Becoming partners with Carmen allowed him to appreciate his family, his work ethic, and love of a good woman. Carmen hasn't lived for herself, either caring for a sick mother or working for her dad, never herself. She has gotten lost ...more
Jessica Alcazar
What a fantastic read! I really liked the O'Leary clan and I will definitely be going back to read the other books in this series. Altho this is not the first in the series, it is for me and I wasn't lost in the least bit. Yes, there are references to past couples and family does play a big role in the book, but this can easily be read as a stand alone!
This is the story of Carmen Delgado and Liam O'Leary. They knew each other back in the day and are reunited after Carmen's father passes. OBVIOUS
Heather andrews
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book, I loved Liam even though the boy was a complete butthead some of the time, "whoa. "Are you a virgin?" He scanned his memory for any mention Gus had ever made about her having a serious boyfriend and he came up empty. Was it possible that she'd made it to her late twenties without sex?" He is really considerate and caring, "I know what you were doing." He tugged her, but she didn't budge. "Carmen, I swear I can do better than that. I can't go down in your book as your worst lov ...more
Bette Hansen
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic read! I loved the O'Leary clan and I will definitely be going back to read the other books in this series. Although this was the first of this series I've read I easily followed the story so reading as a stand alone is no problem. It's very well written and like I said the characters are great. This is the story of Carmen Delgado and Liam O'Leary. Reunited after the death of her father, their attraction is quick and intense. There are obstacles to overcome but the relationship seems wo ...more
Katy
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
ARC NetGalley
This was a fantastic read! I loved the O'Leary clan. this is the fifth book of O'Leary series. This was Liam story I been wait for it his HEA! It did not disappoint!!! I loved Carmen she was great heroine for Liam.. I liked how Liam would push Carmen's boundaries to get her comfortable with herself. Loved see all the other the characters from the other books in the series! Can't wait for Maggie book that will be the next book that comes out from this series!
Gwen
Jan 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Liam is a chef who, unbeknownst to him, has inherited a 50% share in a food truck will to him from Carmen's dad, Gus. I didn't know until the end of the story that this was part of a series so that the introduction of characters was so smooth. Hot and sexy Liam finds temptation in Carmen but old hurts come into play. Great story, easy flow.
Ann Lorz
Jan 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
I very much enjoyed Just a Taste. I love the O'Leary family! Ms. Schroeder writes wonderful stories and are so easy to get into.
Becky
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, contemporary
Reviewed on my blog, Becky on Books, on 4/17/19.

Just a Taste is an amazingly accurate name for this book. Just about every kind of tasting goes on here--food and otherwise--and is a major part of the plot, not only because Liam and Carmen share ownership of a food truck, but also because of Carmen's lifelong struggle with food and her body image. I really identified with her there, and seeing her open up and start to appreciate her body while with Liam was wonderful.

Actually, the first 85% of th
Kari Hansen
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Carmen has always been there for her family for whatever they may need. After her mother passed away, she helped her father with his food truck by handling the business side while he handled the cooking. Now that he has passed away, she finds herself lost, uncertain what direction her future should take but her dad had a plan for her, and it became life changing.

Liam worked for Carmen’s father before he became a successful chef and he is saddened by the death of his friend and mentor. When he at
Johnaka
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Just a Taste by Shannyn Schroeder
“Love and food, 4 stars”

Carmen and Liam come from completely different worlds, but one thing ties them together; food. They both have completely different relationships with food but it pulls them together. They met when they were younger but ran in different circles. Tragedy has brought them back together once again; the question is will they drift apart or come together?
With the different life styles between Carmen and Liam they face some challenges ahead. But
Hope Chance
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
JUST A TASTE by Shannyn Schroeder was a fabulous story. I have read the previous books in this series and Loved them and this book was great addition to it.

A 5 STAR READ FROM ME.
Paula  Phillips
Jan 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Just a Taste follows Liam O'Leary who is the chef of the family, he has always dreamed of one day opening his own resturant and being the one in charge , the one who gets to cook what he wants to in the kitchen with no-one overseeing him. One day, he gets a call from Carmen who is letting Liam know that her dad Gus has passed away , he was the one guy who got Liam into cooking and the food industry and has always been like a father to him ever since his own dad passed away. Liam arrives to give ...more
namericanwordcat
3.5

Oh, this was an intersting read! I am going to be thinkng about it for a while. Schroeder paints this romance with really intersting elements in both the hero and the heroine.

Our herione is in mourning for her father and really still for her mother who she lost several years earlier to cancer. She needs to redifine herself outside of her family role in a family that is no longer there. What to keep? What to throw away? Literarly and figurertively.

Our hero is a chef who is stuck in his own r
Kat DM
Apr 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*Copy provided via Netgalley*

Just a Taste has been a slow burning kind of romance. It may have been there all along, but the characters took their sweet time on building this relationship. It was a chemistry like no other. First, I truly have a lot of respect for people who get involved with someone by being friends in the beginning. Not just jumping in bed and then what? Being friends with your lover in the beginning, means from personal experience, it will last a long time. A relationship buil
Nancy
Jul 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, netgalley
I can't seem to get enough of the O'Leary's!!!
Liam O'Leary has always wanted his own restaurant and is just starting to think more and more about that, when he receives a call his first mentor has passed away. Liam had started as a dishwasher working for Gus and had learned so much from him. Now he works as an executive chef, but needs more. Soon Liam is contacted about Gus's will and learns he was left half ownership of the food truck business Gus had stared when he wife was ill. Carmen, Gus's
Judy C
Dec 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A Klue
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Love every book in this 6 book series (The O'Learys). Especially Colin's story (Something to Prove - book 3). All are stand-alones but better if read in order. All, of course, also have HEAs and, if memory serves me correctly, no cheating and very likeable main couples.

Hold Me Close, book 6, heroine was recovering from a rape that occurred a couple years earlier. The author did an amazing job showing her strength and giving her such an equally amazing, strong, alpha supportive "friend to lover"

• Sweet Cowboy Christmas (Sweet, Texas, #3.5)
  • Sleigh Bells in Valentine Valley (Valentine Valley, #5)
  • Fire Me Up (Pine Mountain, #4)
  • Going Home (Nugget, #1)
  • Whatcha Gonna Do With a Cowboy
  • In the Mood for Love (Cupcake Lovers, #4)
  • Her Secret Ranger (The Men of At Ease Ranch, #2)
  • The Bad Boy Next Door
  • Best Man for the Bridesmaid (The DeFiore Brothers, #2)
  • Hounded (Going to the Dogs #3)
  • Breakaway Hearts (Kelly Brothers, #2)
  • Morning Light (A Day of Pleasure, #1)
  • Seaside Sunsets (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Lone Star Lovers
  • Unleashed (Love to the Rescue, #1)
  • So Wrong It Must Be Right (Gallagher & Ivy #1)
  • Summer at the Shore (Seashell Bay, #2)
  • Always Be True: Tino (Sergeant Joe's Boys, #2)

The O'Learys (6 books)
  • More Than This (The O'Learys, #1)
  • A Good Time (The O'Learys, #2)
  • Something to Prove (The O'Learys, #3)
  • Catch Your Breath (The O'Learys, #4)
  • Hold Me Close (The O'Learys, #6)