Start by marking “Slap and Tickle (With A Kick, #3)” as Want to Read:
Slap and Tickle (With A Kick, #3)

Slap and Tickle

(With A Kick #3)

Bryan Harrison is a successful accountant and a man who admires order and self-discipline. It’s a startling break from his routine when he literally bumps into Phiz Bussman outside With A Kick. Phiz’s lifestyle and behaviour are in complete contrast to Bryan’s, and appear totally chaotic. But they each recognise something in the other that they need.

Bryan has been helping
ebook
Published October 29th 2014 by Jocular Press (first published October 28th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Slap and Tickle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Slap and Tickle

Start your review of Slap and Tickle (With A Kick, #3)
Ann
This is the third installment of the With a Kick series and every time I read one I crave the concoctions Lee and Patrick come up with even harder. And, I’m not even a big ice cream fan. The Slap and Tickle though, I’d be all over that. While this is part of a series I’d say it could definitely be read as a stand-alone. The commonality is the location and With a Kick’s proprietors, but we don’t have their whole story yet so you can definitely read this one for Bryan and mostly for Phiz.

I loved
Trio
Lite D/s S&M story of first timers...
Rachel Emily
This is my review I left for the box set that is in audio format.

Oh, well this was delightful! I really enjoyed this set of stories - A Twist and Two Balls is Eddy and Nuri's story (a couple who I just adore!) and Slap and Tickle was Bryan and Phiz's story. Then the two shorter stories after that revisit these couples.

I really loved Eddy and Nuri, I loved Nuri's family and their history, I loved Eddy's melodrama and attitude, and I really thought that they had great chemistry together. I also
SoCalBookReviews
Jul 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: audio_owned
3.5 Stars Overall
(Review for Book 1 & 3 Collection in Audio format)

This is my first time with a Clare London book, and with this audiobook, we actually get two novellas and two even shorter stories in this collection bundle which is really nice. Both of the main books are shorter cute novellas with a lot of humor added into them, and then the shorter stories at the end are an added fun bonus since we get to look back in on both couples. I really had fun listening to all of the books that
Barbara Elsborg
Oct 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a treat! I loved the pairing in this book, the incessant chatter of Phiz, the cool vulnerability of Bryan. Ms London is a master at creating beautifully drawn characters with deft brush strokes, characters with faults and problems, characters that the reader wants to both shake and love at the same time. This seems to be the story of two opposites, a guy who can't stop talking and a guy who can't deal with incessant chatter but these two have more in common than they think and it was fun ...more
Carra
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So, I absolutely adored Phiz and his chaotic personality, clumsiness, and the absolute beauty of how he submits when Bryan takes charge. Bryan lives a very ordered life and likes taking control of things. When you think of perfect complements, Bryan and Phiz are exactly what you should be thinking of…Bryan’s order to Phiz’s chaos creates a perfect balance; they truly are the epitome of the idea of one person completing the other.

I saw parts of myself in both characters, so it was really easy for
Michaele
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lena Grey
Dec 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
“It’s not who you are that holds you back; it’s who you think you’re not.” ~ Unknown

Bryan Harrison, of 'Slap and Tickle' by Clare London, is caught in a trap of his own making. Calm, cool, and collected on the outside, he hides his true self deep inside. Bryan thinks he's got it all together until he meets Phiz, a young man who appears to have little together; yet Phiz readily admits that he could use some polish. Even so, in many ways, despite his chaotic existence, Phiz seems content. Phiz
Wendy Ann
Reviewed for Hearts On Fire Reviews - 3 1/2 hearts

For a book with such a creative title, it only seems fitting that the main character pairing is a little more colorful as well, right? Well, Bryan is anything but colorful on his own. He’s an accountant and lives the stereotype of stuffy, proper and uptight quite well. However, along comes Phiz with his incessant chatter and clumsy chaos, and suddenly things don’t seem quite so boring, or proper anymore.

Though part of a series, this book
Bo
May 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ideal Palate Cleansers

This review is for all five books in this series, and one hopes that author Clare London has at least one more she is working on so that we can finally tie a bow around the series.

The premise of a too-cool-to-be-true London ice-cream parlor just happening to be the serendipitous location where ten completely different men accidentally meet to form five completely ingenious couples is laced with laughter, off-the-wall plots, a lot of sex (sometimes), some rough sex
Inked Reads
Mar 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
FiveStars
This was far and away my favorite of the entire series. If I could give it more than 5 stars, I would.
Phiz is one of the most delightful characters in any book I've read. I would have gladly read lots more of him! Even though the story is told in Bryan's POV, I felt like it was Phiz I got to know. He reminds me strongly of people I know in real life, which is probably why I adored him.

I don't usually go for BDSM, but this was BDSM-lite, and it wasn't terribly detailed or graphic. The
Elin
Nov 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Part of the ongoing With a Kick series about the customers [and owners] of a bar that sells ice cream cocktails.

In this one, Bryan, an uptight and rigidly self controlled accountant, is trying to help the bar with its financial problems. He's a real 'by the book' man prone to treating things coolly and rationally when perhaps he should be a bit more sympathetic. Cruel to be kind, is an apt description, but this rather dictatorial attitude pays dividends when he literally crashes into the chaotic
A.M. Leibowitz

Phiz is one of the most delightful characters in any book I’ve read. I would have gladly read lots more of him! Even though the story is told in Bryan’s POV, I felt like it was Phiz I got to know. He reminds me strongly of people I know in real life, which is probably why I adored him.

I don’t usually go for BDSM, but this was BDSM-lite, and it wasn’t terribly detailed or graphic. The
starsaga
Walked away from this was an odd feeling of dissatisfaction.
Loved the premise, the sweetness of Phiz, the whirl of life and the growing attraction between the heroes. But the diffidence of Bryan annoyed me, it made the story seem about forcing bdsm-lite down the throat of the reader, it was odd and out-of-character for Bryan to be that way throughout the book, it kept me off-kilter, so I walked away still wondering if their love will make it, I hope so, but I am not completely confident.
Tam
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
I do have a soft spot for characters like Phiz who are just a bit on the flighty disorganized side with a good heart who can throw a staid responsible guy off kilter. This is very much that and it just appealed with the author's usual humour and a touch of silliness thrown in to make it a fun read.
Rachel
Dec 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5* Enjoyed this third instalment to the With A Kick Series, didn't quite click with these characters but maybe that's just me. Am looking forward to the next in the series and really hoping to get Patrick and Lee's story :)
Suze
Jan 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommended to Suze by: Won from author
Took a little while to really get the Bryan and Phiz dynamics but it did grow on me so rooting for them by the end.
Bryan's stuffiness is set off by Phiz's exuberance. Would have loved more of them sortng out their relationship dynamic.
Enjoyed. 3.5*
Maggie
Nov 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Rating 3.5
R.J.
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Possibly my favourite in this quirky series of books set around an ice cream shop that serves ice cream with a difference. Cute, hot and I loved the pairing of Bryan and Phiz.
Kim
Feb 17, 2016
Denca
Dec 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Clare took the pen name London from the city where she lives, loves, and writes. A lone, brave female in a frenetic, testosterone-fuelled family home, she juggles her writing with her other day job as an accountant. She’s written in many genres and across many settings, with award-winning novels and short stories published both online and in print. She says she likes variety in her writing while ...more

With A Kick (9 books)
  • A Twist and Two Balls (With a Kick, #1)
  • Hissed as a Newt (With A Kick, #2)
  • Bells and Balls (With A Kick #4)
  • Pluck and Play (With A Kick #5)
  • Nice and Snow (With A Kick #6)
  • Smack Happy (With A Kick, #7)
  • Double Scoop (With A Kick #8)
  • Top and Tails (With A Kick #9)