Start by marking “Rise of the Alliance(The Frontiers Saga, #12)” as Want to Read:
Rise of the Alliance(The Frontiers Saga, #12)

Rise of the Alliance

(The Frontiers Saga (Part 1) #12)

Episode 12

A new ally providing aid…
An old ally joining the fight…
Their resources growing with each passing day…
Their homeworld finally on the road to recovery…

Things finally seem to be coming together for Captain Scott and the Alliance, as he takes his forces on the offensive. However, the Jung may in turn give him more trouble than he bargained for.
Published October 12th 2014 by Ryk Brown (first published October 7th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Rise of the Alliance, please sign up.
Lauro Soto Ohh.. nevermind i just read there is a book next to this one called " A show of Foce" just not in Ryk Brown List in here..…moreOhh.. nevermind i just read there is a book next to this one called " A show of Foce" just not in Ryk Brown List in here..(less)

Start your review of Rise of the Alliance(The Frontiers Saga, #12)
Jean
Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is book twelve in the frontier Saga series. It is best to read this series in order.
At the end of the last book, the Aurora and the Celestia were battling the Jung Battle Platform when the Corinairi Falcons arrived to help. Earth is saved but in terrible shape. The Ghatazhak are needed to keep law and order on the planet.

The ships need to be fixed up and resupplied. Captain Nathan Scott wants to take the battle to the Jung but the Jung still are after the Earth. Nathan suspects he has a Jun
Kathleen
This book is entertaining. Some characters are pretty cool.
But I'm tired of hamstrung phrases like "each and every" and "one and only" etc. And "mumbles" really gets overused. Everyone "mumbles" in this series. Battleship commanders, doctors, politicians. They don't mutter or murmur or remark. It would be better if they just "said" stuff.
And the bad guys pull off more and more crap and then quickly die. No emotionally satisfying death scene, with confession or begging for their life. No arres
Jim
Dec 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Last time we left our heroes, they were just defeating a Jung War Platform of immense size. If it wasn’t for the last minute showing of the Corinairi supplied Falcons from the Pentaurus Cluster that battle would certainly have been lost. But they did show in the nick of time and the Alliance won the day!

Earth is saved for now. But, since Earth has already been occupied and ravaged by the Jung twice, there’s not much to cheer about. The Jung used nuclear weapons in many, many places on Earth and
PETER F DEKAM
Apr 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a ride!

I thought this series might be getting a little long in the tooth, Nothing doing! What a rip snorting wild ride!!! Buy this book!!!
Ken Hammond
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi
Jung just got to hate them, admire their courage.
Clayton Falter
Feb 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Big action ... Hollywood physics

Author just did not have time to consult or learn it himself I guess. Besides what he did works better from a Hollywood spectular drams for the masses standpoint. Still he did not recognize that space folding drive means wormhole creation or jumpdrive. Essentially the described spacefolding drive is very similar to the author jump drive - just using a continuous series of superfast microjumps rather than long jumps. So actually the jump drive ships should have bee
Frank Drago
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a very well written series.
It seems like what would happen in real space wars. The fact that there are Humanoid races through out space, and that they all seemed to have their origins from earth doesn't defy logic, or probably.
My reference point is Asimov's Foundation series, this is the Father of SciFi serialization. The other series is The Green Mile, by Stephen King. This was literally published in one of the weely magizines like Saturday Evening Post. Each new issue had the next in
Andrea
The Aroura and the Celestia have defeated a Jung battle platform. But they also know that another platform maybe on its way. Unfortunately, as predicted Captain Scott’s luck seems to be running out.
Ahhhh! This book was the most frustrating of this series. First of all 3 other captains show up and take major issue with Nathan, how he has run his ship, and basically every battle that he has engaged in.
That was really frustrating to read cause I V wanted Nathan to tell at least one of those capta
John (JP)
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rise of the Alliance(The Frontiers Saga, #12). The series has been a fun summer romp. Brown begins to examine what life is like on Earth after the battles in space. Democracy falls apart. Life on the streets is kill or be killed. The Ghatazhak are needed to keep law and order and impose it in a despotic way.

Nathan Scot's leadership is challenged when captains who have ridden out the war in deep freeze are defrosted. Brown uses this to examine concepts around the chain of command and authority.

Christian Leonard Quale
Nov 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rise of the Alliance is my favourite book in The Frontiers Saga so far. The other books have, largely, had a defined place in the story as a whole. Some politics, development of characters, setting up for a battle, or the battle itself. Rise of the Alliance benefits from being longer than the other books. It’s well-rounded in and of itself, and has a bit of all the elements that has made this story enjoyable. It has some politics, a couple of twists I found genuinely surprising, interesting pers ...more
JP
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
With Rise of the Alliance, we're really getting towards the end of the series. The stakes are getting higher, the enemy ships are getting bigger, and the battle jargon is getting denser.

At first Aurora and Celestia are all beat up again (of course), but for the moment, they have time. By the end, battle has escalated heartily. The Alliance fleet is growing, there are even more jump capable ships, and even more Ghatazhak. They're going to win eventually, that's to be expected, but it's still int
Peter Sidell
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Many threads start to come together

A few new players, while many of the storylines threads begin to come together. A lot of detail to the science and action. I wish there were drawings of the spaceships and the battle station. While the word picture has a lot of detail a real image would be fun to see. This story is beginning to seem a little like the serials at a Saturday matinee. Still each 'book'is self contained. That being said something will be lost if they were read out of order.
Shelly Singhal
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good use of KKV

The KKV is my favorite piece of machinery, and I wish they used it more. Also, these guys go through navigators like candy. I've never read about more dead navigators. They must wear red shirts.

I'm ready for the earth to win this war. I've grown weary of the Jung. Also, Telles is now my favrorite character. He's like a ninja Yoda.
Dawn Signoretti
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gripping, non-stop action!

I haven't been able to put any of Ryk Brown's books down once started! The space battles in Rise of the Alliance are incredibly intense and written so I can see in my mind what is happening as if on a movie screen! I can't wait to start the next book in this series.
juliette dempsey
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Addictive space battles

Twelve books in and I'm still addicted to this series. Amazing space battles that keep you on the edge of your seat. Beautifully imagined sci-fi that will transport you to a very uncertain future.
Great characters with realistic situations and lots of action and adventure.
I look forward to more from this series 😁
Louise Pass
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shifting objectives fighting on

Consolidating resources and coordinating assets the battle for and above the Earth continues. Our heroes grow and develop, pushing the limits of their technology, rushing towards climax. Read this series!
David Syzdek
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding space thriller

The Frontiers Saga continues to be an epic space military adventure. Episode 12 builds on the earlier episodes with some twists and turns along the way. It's a fantastic adventure.
David
The EDF has defeated a battle platform, a huge ship about 12 miles across. Now, they have to prepare in case another one comes their way. They have to strengthen their alliances, and make an unexpected discovery.

Nathan gets second-guessed by seasoned professionals.
Robert Guy
Jun 13, 2017 rated it liked it
I have a weakness for space opera. The battles were a little repetitive but I look forward to more. This one was especially battle heavy. Need more exploration.
Kyle
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great book in the series. Very action packed. my only complaint would be that the narrative jumps around too quickly between characters.
Tony Sickles
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
These Episodes Just Keep Getting Better!

I’ve binged through 12 books/episodes and am eagerly consuming them. This is a terrific space opera. I can’t wait for the next.
Phil Tiffany
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Started reading the Frontiers Saga in late January. Can't seem to put them down. Thoroughly enjoying the characters and space battle scenes. ...more
Ben
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
med middle, ending was very well done
Matt Morgan
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was ok
I was really enjoying this series until this book. The way it ended kept me from reading the next one in the series.
Tim Rodkey
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Battle

Good battle for Earth between the foreign battle platform and the few surviving Earth ships, plus help from a few allies.

Michael D Kirchner
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sci-Fi space opera series at it's best!!! ...more
Bryce Carr
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very good series with very well written characters. Very much enjoyed the whole series start to finish.
Chad
Apr 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: frontiers-saga, 2019, x1
Don't get me wrong, I still love this series, it's just sometimes I feel like I'm reading the same battles over and over. ...more
Per Gunnar
Oct 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is undoubtedly a very good book but…they, bloody hell, shot up the Aurora…again!

Let’s get the ranting over with right away. This book would have gotten a full 10 out of 10 stars if it was not for the fact that this shooting Aurora to pieces in more or less every book got old several books ago and the extreme extent to which it is done again and again and again is not very realistic. There is no way they could shoot her to pieces like that and then fix her up over and over again. The frame w
Don Viecelli
Oct 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
From My Newsletter Number 84:

This review is on Rise Of The Alliance from The Frontiers Saga Episode 12 by Ryk Brown. It is Book 12 in a long running series that continues to entertain military science fiction readers.

Episode 12 begins with Commander Maxwell Dumar, the close friend of Casimir, preparing to jump the Karuzara asteroid towards Earth to help Captain Nathan Scott survive the war with the Jung. Casimir is doing everything in his power to send aid to Captain Scott even though his home
« previous 1 3 next »
It's Finally Out! 1 10 Oct 14, 2014 06:28AM

• Descent into Darkness (Blood on the Stars, #17)
  • Fractured Horizons (Savage Stars Book 2)
  • Sojourn (Silver Ships #12)
  • Nua'll (Silver Ships, #10)
  • War from a Distant Sun (Savage Stars Book 1)
  • Sol (Silver Ships, #5)
  • Méridien (Silver Ships, #3)
  • Libre (Silver Ships, #2)
  • Haraken (Silver Ships, #4)
  • Espero (Silver Ships, #6)
  • Allora (Silver Ships #7)
  • Omnia (Silver Ships, #8)
  • Relics of Eternity (Shadow of Terra, #1)
  • USS Hamilton: Ironhold Station
  • The Battle For Earth (The Forgotten Empire, #3)
  • The Silver Ships (Silver Ships, #1)
  • Celus-5 (Silver Ships, #7)
  • Brushfire
Born in 1960 and raised on an overdose of television, NASA, and science fiction, Ryk Brown has worked as a cook, rock guitarist, stage lighting technician, and paramedic. He currently resides in Northern California with his wife, daughter, and cat. By day he fixes computers, and by night he creates stories.
Having spent his entire life "thinking stuff up", the advent of digital publishing has final

The Frontiers Saga (Part 1) (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Aurora: CV-01 (The Frontiers Saga #1)
  • The Rings of Haven (The Frontiers Saga #2)
  • The Legend of Corinair (The Frontiers Saga #3)
  • Freedom's Dawn (The Frontiers Saga #4)
  • Rise of the Corinari (The Frontiers Saga, #5)
  • Head of the Dragon (The Frontiers Saga, #6)
  • The Expanse (The Frontiers Saga #7)
  • Celestia CV-02 (The Frontiers Saga #8)
  • Resistance (The Frontiers Saga, #9)
  • Liberation (The Frontiers Saga, #10)

News & Interviews

“They mean to board us,” Mister” 0 likes
“isn’t about a purpose. Life is about living. It’s about being alive. It’s” 0 likes