Start by marking “See Me (Zombie Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
See Me (Zombie Love, #1)

See Me (Zombie Love, #1)

Amy Love, a high school junior, plays a Ouija board with friends one night and unintentionally connects with someone whose, well, not visible to the naked eye. When her body’s taken over and her soul is stuck watching helplessly—she’s terrified. When the zombie guzzles bologna that she will have to work off at the gym—she’s angry. And, when her zombied body pulls up a news ...more
Published November 21st 2014 by Hatco Publishing

Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Dec 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook-for-review
I have to be honest here. When Susan Hatler sent me this book to review, I was all kinds of worried. I'm not really a zombie lover. I don't like books that scare me and zombies really aren't my thing. And Ouija boards? No, not at all. So yeah. I was worried I wouldn't like this book and I wasn't even sure if I wanted to read it. Then I was worried about telling the author that I didn't like it because I really like her writing and her other books. I decided to settle in and check it out though b ...more
Crystal (Books Are Sanity!!!)
I just finished reading this book and the word that best describes it is awesome! It is full of so many different emotions, from laughter to tears, from fear to love! This book covers it all and I couldn't put it down! It is so different with the zombie/ghost craziness and the story has this pull that I could not resist! The dynamic between all of the characters was realistic and I laughed so hard at parts there were tears in my eyes. Then in turn there were parts where I had tears from sadness. ...more
Kate McMurry
Cute, YA, paranormal romance

Sixteen-year-old Amy Love is a junior in high school who describes herself as having "average looks, pathetic grades, and a closet comic strip addiction." She not only loves comic strips, she longs to create a comic strip professionally herself someday.

Amy's life is fairly ordinary until the day that sixteen-year-old Jonathan Miller, who is a fellow student at the public high school Amy attends, dies suddenly in a traffic accident, and his spirit shows up during a Oui
Zara Khan
Apr 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
*Review contains mild spoilers *
I was looking for a fun, fast paced book and this book turned out to be exactly that.

It has a refreshing and a brand new concept.
Amy's character is very likeable and her friends are equally cool . The Ouija board bit was a little scary ( I'm not into scary stuff !) but the rest of the story is amazing.

I liked Jonathan's character ,he can be a little creepy in the beginning with the whole body hacking thing but he is kinda cute .
The only thing I think was a litt
Jessie
Feb 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ghosts
I was a little hesitant about this being a zombie book, but I've enjoyed Susan Hatler's other books, so I thought I would give it a try. It's more of a ghost story really. Cute, with a paranormal angle, and a sweet quickly-developed romance.

I liked that it was a ghost story without being violent or scary.
Karla
Dec 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant, all the twists and turns, never knowing what to expect.

It was an intense quick read with romance and drama.

Really enjoyed it, unputdownable.

Characters were good, humor was good, story line was good what more could I want!
Caprice
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute but realistic

This book is both a funny story about the spirit of a dead boy who goes around "zombieing" bodies while trying to communicate that even though his body is dead, his spirit is still very much alive. It's also about a girl who feels like nobody sees who she really is, especially not her mother, who is remarried and has a new family, and her father who is a world traveling photographer.

The story really addresses the issue of the masks people wear to conceal their true selves to a
Joe Boenzi
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A teenage story of uncertainty, self-doubt, conflict between parents and children… and a love story, or the beginnings of one. The feeling of many teens, girls and boys alike, is that they are invisible to the people who matter in their lives. This induces them to hide their fears and feelings even to their best friends.

"See Me"explores these feelings in characters, who for one terrifying reason or another, become invisible. As they sense their separation even from themselves, they find people
Donna
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5

I have mixed feelings about this. It was a fun story with preposterous happenings. There was true depth and an emotional rollercoaster. It starts with a ouija board, which creeps me out, and moves into body snatching and artificial humans... yeah... some crazy stuff. It‘s greatest redeeming quality is the love and all its extensive forms. So, if you are ready for a bit of light reading with deep meaning at a fast pace... this ones for you.
Mandy Stump
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cute

What a cute book. It was a very fun and adventurous read. Loved this book. Loved falling what she would do for his spirit. They were cute together. Funny how they got so many people to believe.
Brittany Goodman
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good

I don't rememver thinking like that as a teenager... But it's been a long time. I had a hard time with the characters and how self centered they were but as the story progressed I found them growing and by the end they were still 16 but more "enlightened". This story had all the feels. I laughed, I cried and I was glsd by the ending. Clean anf sweet a very good story
Vibliophile
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pretty hilarious

I thought this was a typical angsty paranormal teen romance so it seemed so... odd. But once I realized I was reading a quirky comedy, I got into it and really enjoyed it.
Patricia Keefe
Dec 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Attention teens who are into Ouija boards and fans of The Walking Dead! See Me (Zombie Love Book 1) by Susan Hatler is a young adult paranormal, romance novel. Yet the title "See Me" directly relates to the whole theme of the book. This includes both main characters and delves deeper than surface level. How different situations are seen is directly related to the point of view of the character.
I, personally, am not well versed in zombies and although this would not be my first book of choice ma
Sylvikb
Jan 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Do you believe in spirits that transcend off of the Ouija board? This story starts off with a simple game on the Ouija board with Amy and her closet friends to reveal the faith of first date with the most popular boy in school, Alex Decker. They ask all the important questions; if the date will be fun, if he will fall head over heels for her, and the most importantly will he give her a goodnight kiss?

Amy Love is too old to believe in ghosts and zombies, at least she thought she was until she rui
Loredana (Bookinista08)
Dec 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
ARC copy for review from NetGalley

***

This was more like a 3.5 book, but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy reading it! I grabbed it because it sounded promising and unlike anything I had ever read before, considering that I'm not much of a YA paranormal romance reading type. However, I got completely sucked in and by the time I finished reading it, I found myself thinking that I did not regret putting it higher on my priority list than other books that I've been meaning to read, like, forever.

I re
Bisi Osho
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book was hilarious.
Denise Asbury
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good teenage read

This was a cute read. Perfect for a teenager, easy to read and a good storyline. Would recommend for younger readers.
Angelnet
Jan 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley, on-kindle
"See Me" is a book of two halves and I almost gave up on it thinking that it was all going to be a fairly typical popular girl at high school kind of story. Amy has a date with Alex. She's fancied him for ages and is getting ready for her dream date with her two BFFs when one of them takes out a Ouija board to see how the date will go. Amy connects with a spirit and it won't let her go.

At this point I was on the verge of giving up on the story. It all felt a bit too predictable and while I like
Wondra Vanian
Dec 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A “chocolate chip” read. No real substance but it’s a tasty treat. The “zhost” thing is a clever idea, if awkward at times, and it’s fun. See Me is an easy, cute, entertaining book that won’t knock your socks off but will make you smile.
Anie
Dec 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ghosts
I loved reading See Me so so very much. I was hooked from the first page and couldn't stop reading until the end. It's such a good and addicting story. It's funny, it's cute and towards the end, I was crying my eyes out (the ending is perfect, btw). :)

Amy and her friends are playing Ouigi board and they might have summoned an actual ghost. Now Amy, a junior in high school, can feel a presence, someone is next to her a lot. That kind of complicates things, when the most popular guy in school asks
Kristina
Dec 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
See Me (Zombie Love Book 1) by Susan Hatler is a young adult paranormal, romance novel about Amy. One night Amy is getting ready for a date with her BFF’s Nicole and Brynne. One of girls decided it would be fun to consult a Ouija board regarding Amy’s date. Unfortunately, the Ouija board attracted the spirit of Jonathan. Jonathan follows Amy around until suddenly he manages to oust Amy’s soul from her body and take it over. Thus ensues a hilarious adventure of Amy finding out what happened to Jo ...more
Ash †Reviews of a FearStreetZombie†
I received this VIA NetGalley in return for an honest review.

Brilliant, Marvelous, Wonderful!
Such a beautiful well written story!
If I could give this story more than 5 stars, I would.
Oh my gosh. This book made me laugh my butt off, made me dang near have a panic attack, made me cry. So many emotions. But it was all worth it!

I recommend this story to EVERYONE!

Full review: HERE.
Queenberly
Jan 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Final feeling: Loved this one!

YA novel, with action, drama, sci-fi, and paranormal romance. A page turner, with twists and turns, kept me guessing until the end. The teenage angst was there, but there was an eye-opening moment at the end when some of that angst against parents was put to rest. Wish more of this type of fiction did that. Some very touching moments, and many hilarious moments. Probably my favorite scene was at her best friend's house trying to convince her dad to help them. Hilari
lavender gorilla
fun, silly, energetic. about a 16 year old girl, Amy determined to help bring alive a ghost that suddenly comes into her life.
well paced, all likeable characters even when the lead is able to think just one step ahead or the step they're in.

there's also a common feeling among many of the kids of feeling invisible.

"He’d been zombied."

"His mouth dropped open. “Are you saying you mistook a demon trying to possess you with having the hots for me?” “I never said I was perfect.” I shrugged."
Megan
Dec 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, romance, paranormal
If I could give this book a million stars for originality, I would. In a genre filled with overused tropes and themes, I really loved Hatler's take on a zombie novel.

Amy's connection with the disembodied spirit of Jonathon was incredibly unique and really had me rooting for them both.

I expected a scary, gore-filled story and was pleasantly surprised to find that it wasn't that at all. It was well-written, highly nuanced and haunting at points.

Highly recommended.
Anima
Apr 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-sci-fi
Lovely young adult zombie/sci fi story. Boy dies and takes over Amy's body trying to find out what happened to him. He's not quite a zombie but more of a spirit. All done in the lives if high school kids, young love and ignoring the rules. Fun characters, great story and is left open for a continuing series, although there is no cliffhanger. Really enjoyed this unique story, given by Netgalley for my honest review.
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Hilarious YA rom-com

I laughed through the entire book. This was very unexpected and unpredictable. I enjoyed all the characters especially Owen, the nerdy friend with a crush on the heroine.
Missy
Dec 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Very fun and new type of writing for Susan Hatler. Keeps you guessing throughout the book. I'm usually not one to read "zombie" books but this book is a must read!! Keeps you at the edge of your seat throughout the whole book!
Dec 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute :)
Jessica
Dec 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
An interesting, very different and unique read. I enjoyed! Full review to come :)

• Pocket Full of Posies (Hostage Negotiation Team #3)
  • Stirring Up Trouble (Stirring Up Trouble, #1)
  • Summer in Snow Valley (Snow Valley Romance Anthologies #2)
  • Dying to Run
  • Safe House (Guardian, #2)
  • Pledged (Soul Wars Saga, #1)
  • Securing the Handyman's Heart
  • To Tempt An Earl
  • Divine Uprising (Divine Uprising, #1)
  • Honor (Rhynan #2)
  • A Portrait for Toni
  • Imaginable (Intangible, #2)
  • Only With You (The Jane Austen Academy Series, #5)
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Spring Vacation Collection
  • Eternal Hope (Hope, #2)
  • Alora: The Wander-Jewel (Alora, #1)
  • Summer in New York Collection
  • Thief Prince
SUSAN HATLER is a New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author, who writes humorous and emotional contemporary romance and young adult novels. Many of Susan’s books have been translated into German, Spanish, French, and Italian. A natural optimist, she believes life is amazing, people are fascinating, and imagination is endless. She loves spending time with her characters and hopes you do, too. ...more