Start by marking “Found and Lost (Haven Seekers #2)” as Want to Read:
Found and Lost (Haven Seekers #2)

Found and Lost

(Haven Seekers #2)

When Violet DuBay’s friend Khloe confides that her dad is a Christian, it’s the one secret Violet can’t keep. Turning in Khloe’s dad to the Constabulary is her duty. Her decision becomes an opportunity to infiltrate the Christian resistance; but as she gets to know Marcus, Lee, and the others, she’s compelled to question the things her society has taught her about God and ...more
Published February 15th 2015 by David C Cook

To ask other readers questions about Found and Lost, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Crissy He told him that he knew where Khloe was at, because he had been there recently. And Violet had went back to apologize.

Loraine
SUMMARY: When Violet DuBay's friend Khloe confides that her dad is a Christian, it's the one secret Violet can't keep. Turning in Khloe's dad to the Constabulary is her duty. Her decision becomes an opportunity to infiltrate the Christian resistance; but as she gets to know Marcus, Lee, and the others, she's compelled to question the things her society has taught her about God and His followers.

Clay Hansen persuades his family to join him at an underground church meeting and brings Violet, his t
Sarita
Jan 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
I loved the continuing of the Haven Seekers series.

Found and Lost, book 2, was filled with questions of faith. Characters making decisions based on what they believe, then questioning their faith when things worked out differently than what they planned/thought. I was left not liking Clay at all, where I liked him in the beginning of book 2, but was also kept wondering what I would have done in the same situation.

The ending left you hanging, and made me open book 3.

This is a series which needs t
Stephanie Roberts
Feb 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book made me highly irresponsible for a week :) In the best sense possible. I had such a hard time putting it down to concentrate on work. Loved all the twists and turns....It was a roller coaster for sure. Great new character development. I love the new POV's especially Violet's. I'm already in mourning that I don't have the next one yet! As a philosophy and literature person, I love the continued exploration of what philosophical ideas can do in 'the real world' and all the references to ...more
Joleen
I can see why some 5-star reviewers for the first book, Seek and Hide would choose to rate this book rather than review it. Found and Lost has such a different feel. Much sadder with betrayals, horrible decisions, good people getting what they think they deserve, but don't, bad people getting what they want, but destroying lives in the process, and heartbreak.

One young, seeking soul was given an opportunity to see this Jesus in a new light and to see His people for the loving people they are. T
Karen Collier
Sep 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Found and Lost (Book 2 in the Haven Seekers series) is just as amazing as Seek and Hide (Book 1) was, and together they’ve left me eager to read more from this series. Thankfully, Take and Give (Book 3) has recently released, with a fourth book (Far and Near) on the way!

So what’s to love? For starters, the series has a fascinating (and chilling) premise. The books take place in a near-future society in which there’s a government sanctioned church and a revised Bible, but Christianity as we kno
Megan Besing
Dec 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Amanda G. Stevens does it again.
Book two of the Haven Seekers doesn't disappoint! The characters I loved from Seek and Hide (book one) are still around, but Found and Lost focuses on Clay and Violet. And they take you on an emotional rollercoaster.

The tone of the story felt different, and yet the same. Which I believe was the author’s goal. The government is still after Christians. Danger seeps through the pages. However, this time we spend moments looking through the eyes of a nonbeliever. One
LeeAnn
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Phew, next! I am so glad there are more in this series!! I'll be starting the 3rd today!
Kelly Bridgewater
Feb 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
enjoy reading stories that ask an ultimate question. What if? Dystopian genre does exactly that. What if we lived in a world where books were not allowed? What if we lived in a world where Christians were hunted and re-educated? What if the Bible is a banned book that could send you to prison if you read it? Amanda G. Stevens, in her second book of the Haven Seekers series, ask those exact questions. True to the dystopian genre, Stevens has created a story for the readers to ponder and a plot t ...more
Bethy
May 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
As I said in my review of the first book in this series, Seek and Hide, I ask three questions when determining whether a piece of fiction can be labeled “great.” First, does it entertain me? Second, does it make me think? Third, does it make me feel?

As with the first, this sequel deserves a resounding YES to all three questions and I freely label it “great.”

First, it’s entertaining. The suspense starts on page one. Literally. You’re thrown into a situation with high stakes and you have no idea w
Chris Williams
Mar 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Two things can make me run from most books: paranoia and teenage characters. And had I not read and enjoyed Stevens' first book in this series, I don't know that a description would have drawn me in -- it's an America where Christianity has been outlawed and one of the heroes is a teenage girl.

But Stevens proves again she's a pro at world-building and character development, and I found myself up late racing to finish this book. She puts the leads of her previous story to the side and gives us n
Vikki
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Could the government really take over the Christian life in the US?

Book 2 of the Haven Seekers continues with Marcus getting Christians to a safe place. Bibles were confiscated and a new Bible was written by the government. If your daughter had been arrested (supposedly) would one deny Christ to get her free? Some characters in this second volume see the light and some it seems chose darkness. This book as well as the first book in this series ends like a cliffhanger. Most novels come to some so
Hope
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fitting and heart-racing sequel to Seek and Find. I was disappointed in several semi-steamy love scenes, which probably won't bother most people who are used to American films and television. These could have been handled with more discretion or left out altogether.

Again, I was fascinated by "people of peace" in the story who are not Christians, but who felt Christians deserved protection. And Stevens does a good job of developing Violet's conflicting thoughts about government-sanctio
Kim Vandel
Oct 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Found and Lost has the great writing, complex characters, and engaging plot I’ve come to expect from Amanda G. Stevens. In this book the story focuses on Clay and Violet, and while their choices were believable and necessary to the series, those choices also made it hard for me to like them or want to spend time in their point of views. Violet managed to win me over in the end though, and I really like the dynamic between her and Lee. They’re good for each other, and I’m looking forward to seein ...more
Charity Tinnin
Dec 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Found and Lost introduces two new point-of-view (POV) characters, which could've been a problem if Stevens weren't so skilled at POV. However, Clay and Violet never feel like each other OR Marcus and Aubrey. They -- in fact, all of the characters -- are complex and real, which makes them fascinating, if not always sympathetic. (I'm looking at you, Clay).

And I'm definitely committed to finding out what happens to Violet, Lee, Chuck, Belinda, and Marcus next. (And am maybe still hugging sweet Vio
Terry Conrad
Feb 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
I am enjoying this series. I love the story and I think this book is even better than the first book. It is well written and an easy read. These books really make a person think. We as Christians are allowing our beliefs and freedoms to be chipped away little by little. Before it's realised we could find ourselves in the same situation as the characters in this book. Definitely ready for book 3.
Janice Eileen McDermott
Engrossing

This second book in the series is as good as the first. So inspirational and well written. The characters are well drawn and believable. I feel for them and can't wait to read what happens next.
Crissy
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
We pick back up with the believers and learn a little bit more about their group. Clay is now doing some errands for the. However, things all change when Violet thinks she is in love and jeopardizes it all.
Story flowed well, there were a few surprises. Looking for book 3 now.
Ntebogeng Archer
Sep 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Given that I've read all four books, I understand why Book 2 and 3 were necessary. I just struggle with series' to the extent that they move from the person I'm initially captured by. In this case - Marcus and Lee. I truly would have been happier had the series continued from their perspectives.
David
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good

An electrifying suspenseful book.
How is Clay going to live with himself? And what about Marcus's delema? The next book is a must read. How captivatingly well written!
Debbie Vetter
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great!

This is a must read! It may be fiction but it shows the way this country is going. Let's keep our freedom and independence according to the Red Letter Words.
Erth
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
now i am hooked. This was such a great, easy and creative book. i was hooked after the first page.

The characters were easy to fall in love with and follow, along with the story. the author made the mental visions so easy and vivid of the surroundings and the characters actions felt so real.

i would highly recommend this author and this book.
Ribi
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a bit slower than the first, but once it got going i was hooked.
Vickie
Feb 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
My thoughts:

Another action packed thought provoking book by Amanda G. Stevens, When given the chance to review this second book of the series (Seek and Hide was the first) I couldn't wait to start reading! I wasn't disappointed, it was also a page turner,

The author again makes me think about how I would handle the injustices brought about by the law and stand up for God in the midst of my trials. Her writing takes you through the feelings of first bravery then fear of doing the right thing. Joy
Suzie Waltner
Aug 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Last year I ran across this little book called "Seek and Hide" set in a world where Christians had to worship in secret and the US Government provided their own version of the Bible to its citizens. I had no idea there had been a second book until I was given an opportunity to review book number three in the Haven Seekers series.

Now, I really couldn't read book #3 without reading book #2 since I'm a read a series in full type of gal. Although our two main characters in this book are different th
Emily
Feb 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Found and Lost is a masterful novel woven together with great detail. You can picture the places where the characters are with no effort: the author did it all for you. I mean . . . I wanted pancakes after reading through a scene where Belinda makes them.
Overall, this book is so totally different from what I’ve come to expect in Christian fiction. It’s the second installment in a series, with the first every bit as good as this one. Great characters, a fast-paced plot that keeps you turning p
Melissa
Jun 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
2nd in series--engrossing look at a world where Christianity and the Bible are outlawed. The mood of this book is sinister, and the author does an excellent job at conveying the feelings of Christians and also those who aren't Christians but support the cause of freedom. I really appreciated the author's portrayal of Violet--someone who had basically grown up in this new world, and had very rigid beliefs about what is right and wrong, according to what she had been taught.

The only character I d
Lori Wasson
Aug 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great book and very thought-provoking. What if this all really happened in our country? Looking forward to the rest of the series.
Robyn
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The second installment of Haven Seekers was a bit slow in the beginning but I very much enjoyed how it all played out during the course of the novel and I am looking forward to #3.
Richie Rowley
Jan 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-and-loved
Not my favorite in the series, I struggled with finishing this one. Some of the characters were slightly annoying.
Dawn Traylor
Mar 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good series

Really enjoy this storyline. It keeps you interested and makes you think about the day when God's Word will be banned and you stand as a Christian against all odds. As with my review on the first book in the series, I give fair warning, I am glad I have the whole series because the story in each book is not complete and leaves you hanging way too much to be able to end.

• The Essene Conspiracy
  • Death on the Aegean Queen (Dotsy Lamb, #3)
  • CrossFire
  • Christmas Stalking (Guardians, Inc., #4)
  • The Immortal
  • Deadfall (Alex Jensen / Jessie Arnold, #5)
  • Talon: Combat Tracking Team (A Breed Apart, #2)
  • Out with the In Crowd (The Reinvention of Skylar Hoyt, #2)
  • Almost Forever (Hanover Falls #1)
  • Double Vision
  • Scandalous
  • Be Decisive (Jeremiah): Taking a Stand for the Truth
  • Shadowing Stella (Endless Mountain #1)
  • A Dangerous Stage (Protection for Hire, #2)
  • Shadowed in Silk
  • The Queen Must Die (Chronicles of Tempus, #1)
  • Dark Justice
  • Seeker of Stars
As a child Amanda G. Stevens disparaged Mary Poppins and Stuart Little because they could never happen. Now she writes speculative fiction. She is the author of the Haven Seekers series, and her debut Seek and Hide was a 2015 INSPY Award finalist. She lives in Michigan and loves trade paperbacks, folk music, the Golden Era of Hollywood, and white cheddar popcorn.

Haven Seekers (4 books)
  • Seek and Hide (Haven Seekers #1)
  • Take and Give (Haven Seekers #3)
  • Far and Near (Haven Seekers #4)