Start by marking “Rescue Me (Shelter Me, #2)” as Want to Read:
Rescue Me (Shelter Me, #2)

Rescue Me

(Shelter Me #2)

Erin McIntyre is a survivor. Four years ago she bundled up her six year old daughter and set sail into uncharted waters with nothing more than the will to survive. When offered a place to stay and a new job by her best friend's cousin Adam, she simply cannot refuse...but Adam quickly becomes more than a friend. Scared to love again, and convinced that giving her heart to a ...more
Published January 9th 2015 by Self

Start your review of Rescue Me (Shelter Me, #2)
Christina Szczepan-santos
Jan 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Received this for a honest review.
Adam....sigh ...where can I find him?
This story had your heart, you couldn't help feel for Erin.
Adam wanted to do everything he could to help her. ....
Readers will not want to put this book down it was amazing!
Another score for Kathy!
Helena Rizzuto
Jan 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kathy! you're killing me in a great way!

First and foremost, Thank you Kathy for bringing to the forefront a very real, very true issue many people deal with today. I wish that more people would openly write about this subject so that more people could take and educate themselves and be more aware.

Now, my review...
How the heck do I write a review for a book that is pure fabulousness? The crossover from Shelter Me into Rescue Me... So well done it felt like I didn't have a wait for this book! I l
Yolanda March
Jan 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Rescue Me by Kathy Coopmans

Erin McIntyre has had it rough, however she is strong. A single mother of her six year old daughter she will do anything and everything to survive. When Erin is offered a safe place to stay and a new job she felt maybe her luck is changing. Something good and positive, she is introduced to her cousins best friend Adam. Before Erin knows it Adam becomes more than a friend. She is scared of this, she has major trust issues.

Adam Payne believed he would be alone forever.
Cheryl
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review of Rescue Me (Shelter Me #2) by Kathy Coopmans

Review done for Hooked on Books

4 ½ out of 5 stars

Kathy Coopmans has blown me away with this book. I really enjoyed book 1; “Shelter Me”, but Rescue Me has totally surpassed all expectations for a follow up.

I truly loved Erin McIntyre. She is a survivor and beautiful person. She used all her strength to save her daughter and herself from an abusive husband. When Shayne, her best friend, asked her to move to be closer to her, Erin takes a chance
Books&Dreams
Jan 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
 photo bookwormsreviewicon.jpg

This is book two in the Shelter Me Series and can be read as a stand alone.
This is Adam's and Erin's story.
I gave this book 5 stars.

Erin has been through so much and the violence in her life that she has endured has left her closed off and afraid to let anyone in. Adam feels such an attraction and connection with Erin and wants to stop at nothing to prove to her that not everyone is the same. He will have his work cut out for him, because even if Erin does want to give him a chance her mi
Christy McCurry
Dec 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love this story !
I Freaking Love Kathy Coopmans

Rescue Me is the second Book in the Shelter Me series and it is PERFECT!
This is Adam and Erin's story whom you are introduced to in "Shelter Me"

Erin suffered a marriage full of physical and mental abuse. Now that she has escaped the hands of her now ex husband she makes a vow to never love or trust again.
Trying to make a fresh start for her and daughter she finds herself packing up leaving Texas and moving to Michigan where her best friend Shayne
Jan

Firstly I salute this author for raising the issue of domestic abuse and despite this brilliant book being fiction as a d.v worker myself unfortunately Domestic abuse is very much real in the lives of many women and an increasing issue.

Erin is a domestic abuse survivor and struggles to love and trust again until she has the healing soothing words and love from her best friends cousin Adam.

let me tell you about Adam this BBF is amazing.

Theres lots of swooning,lust & love,family bonds,danger,dr
Not Another Damn Blog
Oct 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Kathy Coopmans writes like a seasoned veteran. She creates characters and a world in which you're drawn in immediately and surrounded with--like a blanket on a cold night.

No one can write Alpha hero's quite like Ms. Coopmans. This one.. well Adam.. he's my favorite (and since I fell in love with her first book that's hard for me).

He's a sweet Alpha that falls head over heels for his woman and has a dirty mouth to make any woman (including me) melt!

This book deals with a very serious issue and
Michelle Cage
Jan 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was really good, and I liked it better than the first one. Adam is such a wonderful man and it would almost be impossible not to fall in love with him. Erin is such a strong survivor but she is still dealing with a lot of insecurtities that abuse victims deal with on a daily basis. I cannot wait to read Shelby's and Antonio's story next.
CDBW
Jan 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-arc
5 Crazy Ass Stars!!!!!

I loved this book. Adam & Erin's story is beautiful. I did have some issues with Erin but not that it detracted from my rating. I couldn't stand the flip flopping. Anywho, this is do beautifully well written and will keep you turning pages. This is a Crazy Ass Must a Read!!!
Megan  ~The Never Ending Book Basket
Actual Rating: 4.5 Stars

Rescue Me by Kathy Coopmans was a fantastic book that I was so looking forward to reading. After reading her first book, Shelter Me, I was more than eager to get back with the characters that captured me in, and to spend more time in the awesome book world that she created.

This book tells the story of Adam and Erin. We met both of them in Shelter Me, but Rescue Me is truly their story. It’s a story of overcoming the pain of the past, recognizing the strength in yourself,
Lacie Romano
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is an excellent story line and well thought out. I do love the characters and it held my interest. More in depth and easier to connect with than the first book. The writing, well the words, were too formal at times for me and a little too much cliches but all in all it was a good read.
Candee Love
Jul 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Ok
K. Ryner
Feb 16, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 - it was an OK read - I enjoyed it
Lisa
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh - I enjoyed the first book in this series but I loved this one. It blew me away completely and had me running a gauntlet of emotions throughout. This was just wow.
Amie Morgado- We Stole Your Book Boyfriend
WOW Kathy is really pulling out all the stops and she is only 2 books into her writing career !! As much as I loved Luke and all the things going on in Shelter Me , dare I say Rescue Me is even better !! Adam is so swoonworthy and alpha HOT OMG melting panties everywhere !! There is also a story of domestic violence here so be warned some scenes may not be for everyone. It is heartbreaking yet heartwarming all in one.

We know from book 1 that this is a great group of friends/family. They love ha
Krystal
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
After Kathy announced that we would get Erin and Adams story, I absolutely could not wait. Days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months and I anticipated the release of Rescue Me. And it's finally here, and I devoured their story in one sitting!

I received a copy in exchange for an honest review.

Erin McIntyre is a survivor. A scared, and broken single mother. We first met Erin in Shelter Me, she was Shaynes best friend. When Shayne moved to Michigan, she asked Erin to move as well. And sh
Kathy Wideman
Jan 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, danger
This is the second book in the Rescue Me series. Shayne’s friend Erin and her daughter moved to be Michigan to be closer to Shayne. After all there was nothing keeping them in Texas. Erin is damaged and has no self-worth. Her ex-husband was abusive, verbally and physically. Shayne’s cousin Adam came down to Texas to help them pack and move. Erin is attracted to Adam but what would he want with someone like her or at least that’s what Erin thinks and feels. Today’s is Shayne’s wedding she should ...more
Erin Mcmahon
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: indie
Rescue Me
“You hold my heart, and I am the luckiest man in the world to have found you. This is just the beginning of our love, and I can't imagine growing old with anyone else but you. You rescued me, babe. And you're worth betting on for the rest of my life.” Adam
t of issues she has low self-esteem and she thinks that she isnt goof enough for any one the light of her life her daughter keeps her going.

This is the second in a stand alone series this is Erin and Adam's story.
Erin had a bad marria
Christi
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
My Golden Reads Review of Rescue Me

I was given an arc for an honest review.

This is the second book by Kathy and it starts where Shelter Me left off. Rescue Me is the story of Erin and Adam. All the characters from Shelter Me are brought back and a few new ones make an appearance.

I was scared, and I’m a mom, and when someone threatens to kill you if you ever try and call the cops, or worse yet, try and leave them, you believe them. You slip into a world of darkness, a world of hate; a world where
Jody Pardo
Jan 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Rescue Me by Kathy Coopmans is Book 2 in the Shelter Me series, Erin and Adams story. This book is not for the faint of heart. Its gritty, raw, detailed and heartwrenching. This is a story of a woman broken and shattered by the hands of an abusive ex-husband she manages to escape with the help of her best friend Shayne. It is a love story, but this road to happiness is a rough one, really rough. Kathy Coopmans had me crying big ugly tears and praying for some joy for Erin. This poor woman, if sh ...more
Candi-
From that prologue I was hooked! My heart absolutely broke for Erin! With everything she has to go thru in this book she truly is a survivor. Domestic violence is something no one should ever have to go thru and while I personally have never dealt with it, my sister did and I wish I could say she got her happily ever after at the end like Erin does but sadly I can't. My sister lost her life by the hands of her husband on Mother's Day 2013 at just 23 years old leaving behind 4 beautiful babies :( ...more
Stefanie Kral
Dec 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
✯3.5 Rescuing Stars!!✯✯

I was so confused with how I felt about this book when I finished it. There were parts I really liked and other times I wanted to throw my Kindle against a wall! For me overall this was a good book. And, a quick read.

Erin's past few years haven't been to good. When her best friend Shayne goes back home and falls back in love she begs Erin to move there to. Erin decided that her & her daughter need a fresh start. A chance to be happy. Erin moves in with Shayne's cousin
Ashley Jasper
Jan 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had been anxiously awaiting the release of Rescue Me since the end of the first book in the series. Kathy Coopmans did not disappoint at all in her follow up to her stellar debut, Shelter Me. I was invested in Erin & Adam's story from page one and read it through in one setting. Even when it was over, I was yearning for more of their story.

Erin has been through hell and back and she has had enough with love. She has decided that it is high time that she moves on with her life and give her dau
Cézanne Hayden-Dilbert
Rescue Me was sweet but intense read. This book was a bit different from Shelter Me because it had a slightly darker back story.

We first met Erin and Shane in book 1 to this series. I really liked Adam in the first book, so I was excited that he was getting his own story. Erin was Shayne's BFF and Adam was Shayne's cousin and best friend. You got the sense that these two had a connection but you never really knew what was going on between them.

Erin was divorced and single mom to a 6 year old gir
The Art of Romance Promotions

Rescue Me by Kathy Coopmans

Adam Payne believed he would be alone forever.
Wit & Wonder Books
Jan 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
* ARC PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR FOR AN HONEST REVIEW *

Rescue Me (Shelter me #2) by Kathy Coopmans.Kathy did it again, she wrote an amazing second book in the shelter me series. This book was easy going and the connection between the characters where amazing. I felt like I was transported into the book.

This book talks about domestic violence so if you are not comfortable with the subject please do not read, but if you want to meet a strong woman than you need to meet Erin.

Erin McIntyre is a divorc
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

I loved this book! It was an amazing follow up to the first book in this series. This book was a very sweet and emotional book with a touch of suspense to keep you on your toes until the very end. This book totally rocked my world. It also took me on an emotional roller coaster that had me ranging from smiling ear to ear to crying a few tears. This author is definitely a must go-to!

This is Erin and Adam's story. Erin is taking a huge leap and uprooting her and her daughter's life to mov
Renee Dyer
Dec 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Rescue Me is a heartbreaking and uplifting book all in one. It makes you cry—and I mean ugly cry—then has you awwwing moments later. It’s a story of survival at it’s best, about watching an abused woman struggle through the insecurities within herself after being beat down for so long and wondering if she’s worthy of being loved again.
Watching Erin break down walls and see if she’s capable of allowing another person into the mess of her emotions is an emotional journey, not only for the characte
Kelita
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was ok
So I won't deny that I love the trope "abused woman finds her way then finds love again"
It shows me that with all the experiences I've had in life that there is hope and happiness at the end of tunnel even in the darkest of circumstances.

That is not what I got.

Instead I got

There was no chance to see any real relationship growth because it honestly read like insta love. It was Bam! I want your body and we live together! Bam! I love you! Bam! Let's get married and have lots of pretty babie
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Homecoming
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
  • You Belong With Me (With Me In Seattle, #14)
  • King of Libertines
  • Inside Affair (Prime Time, #1)
  • Master of Secrets (Gods of Vegas, #4)
  • Watch With Me (Voyeur #4.5)
  • Surrender (Voyeur #3.5)
  • Teacher (Voyeur, #6)
  • Undeniably You
  • Bound (The Devil's Due #3)
  • Delivered (The Devil's Due, #2)
  • Master of Revenge
  • Depraved   (The Devil's Due, #1)
  • Insatiable (Cloverleigh Farms, #3)
  • Dream With Me (With Me In Seattle, #13)
  • Until the Tequila (Killers & Happily Ever Alpha World Crossover Novella)
  • Their Virgin Captive (Masters of Ménage, #1)
Kathy is a USA Today Best Selling Author. A wife, mother, and book nerd. She loves chatting with her readers and making new book friends. You can visit with her and other book lovers in her reading group.

Shelter Me (3 books)
  • Shelter Me (Shelter Me, #1)
  • Keep Me (Shelter Me, #3)

News & Interviews