Start by marking “My Sister's Ex” as Want to Read:
My Sister's Ex

My Sister's Ex

Almost as soon as Rachel Merrell breaks up with her fiancé, Jeffrey Williams, she begins questioning her decision. But when he starts dating her half-sister, Marlene, she starts losing it. There’s no way he could really be into—much less love—Marlene. Or is there? Not if Rachel has anything to do with it…

Rachel plays it like she’s not jealous, but since she and Marlene
Published September 29th 2015 by Dafina (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about My Sister's Ex, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Sister's Ex

Linda Boyd
My first book by this author. I ran across the audio version of this book at the library and the title sounded interesting. The book is not as scandalous as you may think, but to me it is a little far fetched. I can't see sisters doing that to each other, but the story line did make for an interesting story. Believe it or not there is a message in this book, and I suggest that you check it out.
The Urban Book Source
My Sister’s Ex by Cydney Rax, despite its suggestive cover and title, is actually a novel with aspirations. Not nearly as overtly scandalous as one would expect from the title and cover art, My Sister’s Ex tells the story of half-sisters, Rachel Merrell and Marlene Draper. The book picks up at the point where Rachel discovers that her sister has started an affair with her ex-fiancé, Jeffrey Williams. Rachel is understandably upset over the situation and, as one might expect, drama ensues.

Intere
Colleen Meliski
I too received a promotional copy of this book and was asked to read and review it. It's not a great book, but it's readable IF you like this genre. Rachel and Marlene's reactions and emotions don't seem to go through a logical progression given the circumstances. The urban vernacular is awkward. I found the development of the complex relationships of Rachel and Marlene's parents to be confusing.

Reviewing the list of Ms. Rax's other titles, I get the impression these books are merely fantasies
Kesha
Mar 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another strange read. This is what I get for roaming the shelves and selecting based on the cover. I was engaged listening to this read on a 16 hour road trip. Strange, strange, strange plot.
Stacey
Being an only child I could not fathom the situation in this book. The writing was amazing but this whole thing was a little far fetched to me and... I didnt care for the ending.
Nichole Walker
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Now, this has some twist and turns I didn't see coming. It was a good read. The spiritual parts were solid too.
Natasha
May 08, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
The title says it all..but what was even more insane than crossing that line with your sister's ex was the sister's living together and openly discussing the relationship. I found that a little disturbing and couldn't fathom sisters actually being able to share a roof when one is dating the ex-fiancée of the other and it being a recent breakup. It was an okay read, but the audacity of the older sister really blew me. I kept thinking, no one could be that bold yet blind. Wasn't expecting the endi ...more
Nikki
Mar 12, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I may be in the minority but I did not like this book. It took me forever to finish because I kept putting it down. I couldn't believe the stupidity of the characters. Unbelievable at times. This was my first time reading this author. Based on this book, I'm not sure if I will read any more from this author.
Cassandra
Jul 30, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I've definitely read better in my opinion. Of course I prefer romance with a very happy ending. I could never really get into the book due to the author's 'voice'. It's not a terrible book in the sense that there was not real plot and the characters were fake.
Ransom
Feb 16, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a pretty good book. The ending could of been a lil better, but its worth the read.
Crystal
Listening to the audiobook in the car. It's engaging enough to pass the hours, but no great piece of literature. Had a nice, little, unexpected twist at the end.
Teleka
Nov 06, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was just okay with me. The story didn't really seem realistic. But overall it was a pretty good read.
Blessed T
It was ok. I only kept reading to see what was gona happen to Jeff. I knew something of interest had to happen!
Laree walker
Mar 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A must read a very good book
Kim
Sep 21, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Confusing
rochelle pettrie
Dec 28, 2013
Michele
rated it did not like it
Nov 14, 2012
Aug 23, 2016
Asheley
Apr 01, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Basically I became interested in becoming a writer after reading Terry McMillan’s novel Disappearing Acts. In 2004 my author dreams were realized via the release of my controversial debut novel My Daughter’s Boyfriend, the story of a 34-year old single mother that becomes attracted to her teenage daughter’s boyfriend.

I love writing about marriage, infidelity, juicy love triangles, family, romance