Start by marking “Scrapbook of the Dead (A Cumberland Creek Mystery #5)” as Want to Read:
Scrapbook of the Dead (A Cumberland Creek Mystery #5)

Scrapbook of the Dead (A Cumberland Creek Mystery #5)

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  153 Ratings  ·  60 Reviews
Published September 29th 2015 by Kensington

To ask other readers questions about Scrapbook of the Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scrapbook of the Dead

Mary Brown
Sep 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Synopsis:

Halloween means spooky scrapbooks for the Cumberland Creek Scrapbook Crop, but what's been happening around town is truly frightening. First a dead woman is found in the freezer at Pamela's Pie Palace, and the next day a second woman is found murdered by the river. Reporter Annie Chamovitz learns the victims were sisters and is certain their deaths are linked. Most bizarre of all, both women were found clutching scrapbook pages.

As their Saturday night crop quickly becomes an opportunity
Penny Marks
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was the first in this series that I have had the pleasure of reading. I loved this book and couldn't put it down. I plan on reading the rest in this series.
The story starts out fast and keeps pace till the end. I really liked how the author gave you an insight into each character and their lives. I have always loved scrapbooking and this book has it all with Halloween a few weeks away the Cumberland Creek scrapbooking group is in high gear. Annie is an investigative reporter for the town o
Lisa Ks Book Reviews
Oct 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A delightfully crafty mystery, SCRAPBOOK OF THE DEAD is the fifth book in the Cumberland Creek Mystery series by author Mollie Cox Bryan, featuring reporter, Annie Chamovitz.

Ms. Bryan wasted no time getting to the scene of the crime in this installment of her popular series. I’m talking page one, chapter one, first sentence. Nothing like getting kicking in a reader’s adrenaline at the start!

Cumberland Creek sounds like a sleepy little town, but with things like murders and gangs it’s starting
Lisa Morin
Sep 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
I've read all of the books in this series and I believe this one to be my favorite. It focuses on the Cumberland Creek scrap-booking group, but it also revolves around some personal issues within the group. Halloween is approaching and the group is preparing for the activities. Annie is an investigative reporter who is struggling with giving up her job. She has had too many close calls and she is fearful that she may not see her boys grow up. Bea and Jon are still newlyweds and a recent trip dow ...more
Teresa Kander
This is a new to me series, and the first book I've had the pleasure of reading by this author. It was one of those books I read in one sitting--I just couldn't put it down!

The story is well-written and plotted, and the mystery is extremely well done, leaving characters and readers alike wondering whodunit. There are many twists and turns along the way,and I didn't figure out the mystery until it was revealed.

I also enjoyed the scrapbooking tips and ideas. Even though I am not a scrapbooker, I l
Laura Thomas
Oct 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was looking for a fun Halloween cozy and found this book. It couldn’t have worked out better. It appears I’ve bumped into these characters before. It was on a cruise ship, and yes, there was a murder for these good people to solve.

Now, we’re back on dry land in Cumberland Creek and there’s been yet another murder. There’s a human popsicle in the walk-in freezer at Pamela’s Pie Palace. And not long after, the murder victim’s sister is found next to the creek, dead of an apparent drowning. And b
Carol
Hang on tight! We are going to Cumberland Creek during the
Halloween season.
This story gets off to a fast start drawing the reader in on the
first page!!!
Description is deftly woven into the story. The reader feels
they are present with the characters in each scene. Each
character is vivid and well developed. Each character adds
their own flavor to the story.
The book totters between the past and present which makes
The story very explainable to the reader. This is the fifth
book in the Cumberl
Megan
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This has been one of my favorite mystery series since the beginning, and this installment may be the best of them all. The Cumberland Creek croppers are one of the best written groups of ladies in the cozy mystery world - they are different enough from one another to be memorable, yet you really believe that they would be friends - and the way that they naturally exist in the same space without it feeling forced, like some kind of adult Babysitters Club, keeps the story from slowing down. Unlike ...more
Mave
Oct 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Struck me immediately the cover of this book and I have decided to read it and I have not regretted. It was a really fun and engaging read, it's one of those books you pick up and read in one sitting. The plot is compelling, the characters are warm and likeable, the ending to the story truly surprised me and did not see coming.
This time a group of women who are part of a club of scrapbooking have to solve two murders. Two sisters are found dead in two different places of the city and most likely
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great Book!
This is a great book; this is the fifth book in the A Cumberland Creek Mystery series by Mollie Cox Bryan. Cuberland Creek Scrapbook Crop is ready to make spooky scrapbooks. They weren’t expecting a murder or two. First a woman is found dead in the freezer of Pamela’s Pie Palace, then the next day another woman is found murdered by the river. Annie Chamovitz is a reporter and learns that the two women were sisters and is certain their deaths are linked together. The Scrapbook Cropping
Betty
Aug 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books
It is Halloween time in Cumberland Creek as we looked in on the Scrapbook Crop. A body was found in the freezer at Pamela Pie Shop. The next another body is found on the riverbank. They are sisters and lived in a new part of the town that was not known by the group. The sisters both had a page of scrapbooking on them. Annie is writing her last story. What does the scrapbooking pages have to with the murders? Annie and friends needed to find the answer before one of them is hurt. I recommend this ...more
Jeri
Aug 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books, netgalley
This book was good. There were a lot of characters to keep up with but they added different sides to the story. Annie is a reporter and avid scrapbooker along with her friends she gets together with each week to work on their scrapbooks. Annie investigates the death of a woman in town that is a Mexican immigrant and it leads her to find a side of town none of them even knew about. The story keeps you guessing who the murderer is and the motive til the very end.

I was given an advanced ecopy from
Cmikulasikgmail.com
Aug 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Another story in which I learned a great deal about a craft (scrap booking) that I didn't know too much about. There are many interesting characters and their back stories are filled in, but now I would like to read the previous stories so I can know more about them. The murders are successfully and logically solved.
Jodi Padgett
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
A friend of mine recommended this series to me. Halloween is my favorite holiday and reading is my passion. I was totally addicted from the start! Now I have to read all the other books in the series!
Tess
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Mollie Cox Bryan's, Cumberland Creek Mysteries, just keep getting better. Her characters from Annie to Sheila and every scrapper in between, are warm, loving, but as feisty as hell. Keep on writing them Mollie and I'll keep on reading them, as all of your fans will.
Marie
Aug 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Talk about a page turner! This book with it's twists and turn plot and characters that are strong and well developed will keep you guessing till the very end. Excellent read!

I was given an advance copy of this book from the publisher and Netgalley for an honest review.
Jocelyn
Nov 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Another great read from Mollie Cox Bryan. I love the characters in her Cumberland Creek Mystery series because except for the sleuthing they remind me of the JC Scrappers. Already waiting for their next adventure!
Diane Fanning
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely delightful cozy mystery featuring a bevy of wacky women in supporting roles. I'm looking forward to reading the earlier books in this series.
Rage
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
this is a nice cozy series. I started with #5, however, and the beginning was a bit rough. there are a LOT of characters, and their relationships are fairly complex. frankly, I would prefer to have fewer main characters (maybe just Annie and Bea), so the perspective isn't constantly hopping around, and let the other characters fade a bit into the background. I'm sure I would feel differently if I started with #1.

I was also reading an uncorrected proof - even though the book has been out for a w
LuAnn
Aug 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
I got a smile on my face when I saw the words "Cumberland Creek Scrapbook Crop" because I grew up in a small town in western Maryland by the name of Cumberland. That, and I love scrapbooking, the various papers, ribbons and other supplies that go with it. And I give a couple of extra points because I'd never read a cozy mystery where the craft was scrapbooks and papercrafts in particular.

Ms. Bryan does not shy away from potentially controversial subjects either, which also earns points with me b
Kristine (The Writer's Inkwell)
Posted originally on my blog:
The Writer's Inkwell

Even though this is the fifth book in this series, I found it very easy to get into this book and I actually enjoyed the fact the murderer wasn’t as obvious early on. In fact, I spent much of the book trying to figure out the who and why two beautiful, hardworking immigrants would have been murdered in this quaint little mountainside town.

I must praise the author for being able to capture the essence of small town life, where you business is inst
Andrea Harris
This is Book #5 in the Cumberland Creek Mystery series. The murder takes place right away when the body of a young woman is found in the freezer at Pamela's Pie Palace. It turns out to be one of Pamela's employees. Then the next day, the body of another woman turns up and she is the sister of the other woman found in the freezer. Both young women are holding scrapbooking paper in their hands. Annie Chamovitz is a reporter and an avid scrapbooker along with her friends: Randy, Paige, Beatrice, Ve ...more
Carla Johnson-Hicks
Aug 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the fifth book in the Cumberland Creek series but it was the first in this series that I have read. If I had the opportunity, I would have read the others first so I could have had the background on the characters that was often referred to in the book. I enjoyed this book and read it in one day. I plan on reading the rest in this series.

The story starts out with a body being found in the freezer at Pamela's Pie Place and continued with many twists and turns. When they discover another
Josh
Nov 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of mysteries & scrapbookers
It's difficult to jump into a book series with the latest published novel rather than starting at the very beginning. I only just discovered this series of books purely by accident. I was strolling along the mystery aisles at Barnes and Noble and this title jumped out at me. I quickly read the back description and then purchased the book, after trying in vain to locate the rest of the books in this series. Having not found them within the store, I just decided to read this book.

Well, it's enjoya
ISBN: 9780758293589
ASIN: B00RRT30J0
Reviewer: DelAnne
Reviewed For: NetGalley

Cumberland Creek is stunned when the body Marina Marelino is discovered in Peggy's Pie Palace Freezer. When 24 hours later word is out that her sister, Esmeralda Martelino has been found dead dow
Alice Liu
Aug 04, 2015 rated it liked it
(Amended: I just had a long discussion on Facebook about how small town life is portrayed in this book as I had a hard time believing that so many people would be incognizant of minorities in their midst. Here is one reply: "When I moved to Amarillo, white people told me that they had no race problems because there were no minorities. Amarillo is about 10 percent Black, 40 percent Hispanic, and 5 percent Asian. There is a huge immigrant population from East Africa and Southeast Asia." So, the ch ...more
Lori
Sep 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received an uncorrected, advance reader, e-book copy of "Scrapbook of the Dead" by Mollie Cox Bryan, from Kensington Books publishers via Net Galley for an honest review.

Scrapbook of the Dead by Mollie Cox Bryan was a pleasant surprise for me. My vision of scrap-booking used to equal that of cat-herd collecting; a hobby for bored and lonely old ladies. This mystery was a slap in the face to my preconceived notions.

"Scrapbook of the Dead" is a series of stories about an interesting town and
Rhonda
Aug 10, 2015 rated it really liked it

This is book 5 of A Cumberland Creek Mystery but the first one I have read. It can stand alone, but I have already got the first book in the series now to read. The characters are well rounded and have a history you can tell. There are a bunch of them and at times I wish I had written notes so I was not confused.

The group of scrapbookers get together and scrapbook once a week. Sounds like it would be fun. There are some tips in back of the book too. They also have good food.

They talk about food
Arlene Arredondo
Sep 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I read from this series, and was a bit lost in the beginning with so many characters and little description of each one (I suppose it’s because is the fifth book), but after passing this little bump on the road, I got to enjoy reading it.
Hallowing is just around the corner, an in the small town of Cumberland Creek, a group of friends joined by the love of scrapbooking, are facing the oddity of the murder of two foreign sisters in their little peaceful town. Both bodies a
Nayuleska
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A funny, not too spooky read which made me sad when I reached the end because it was over. It's part of a series so I can meet the characters again! I was a little worried that the voodoo elements of this tale would prove too much for me as it is a topic I intensely dislike, but they really didn't. I know little about scrapbooking so I enjoyed learning how it all works while a mystery is being solved, and the additional glossary of terms helped me understand the subject even more.

The camaraderi
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Cozy Mysteries : SCRAPBOOK OF THE DEAD--Giveaway 8 20 Feb 01, 2017 09:54AM
  • Threads of Evidence (Mainely Needlepoint, #2)
  • Gone But Knot Forgotten (A Quilting Mystery, #3)
  • Looming Murder
  • Cut, Crop & Die (Kiki Lowenstein Scrap-n-Craft Mystery, #2)
  • Cancans, Croissants, and Caskets
  • The Alpine Legacy (Emma Lord, #12)
  • Purl Up and Die (A Knitting Mystery, #13)
  • In the Drink (Mack's Bar Mystery, #3)
  • Murder Ties the Knot (A Haunted Souvenir Shop Mystery, #4)
  • Dangerously Dark (A Chocolate Whisperer Mystery, #2)
  • Parchment and Old Lace (Scrapbooking Mystery #13)
  • A Murder in Mohair (Black Sheep Knitting Mysteries, #8)
  • Trimmed With Murder (Seaside Knitters Mystery, #10)
  • The Cat, the Sneak and the Secret (A Cats in Trouble Mystery #7)
  • Pouncing on Murder (A Bookmobile Cat Mystery, #4)

A Cumberland Creek Mystery (5 books)
  • Scrapbook of Secrets
  • Scrapped (A Cumberland Creek Mystery #2)
  • Death of an Irish Diva (A Cumberland Creek Mystery, #3)
  • A Crafty Christmas (A Cumberland Creek Mystery #4)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Wrong Man
    $9.49 $1.99
  • What You Don't Know
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The River Is Dark (Liam Dempsey, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • When They Come for You (Harper McDaniel #1)
  • Murder at Bray Manor : a cozy historical mystery
  • Name of the Devil: A Jessica Blackwood Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Working Fire
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Night Crew (Sean Drummond, #7)
  • The Music of the Deep
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Adventuress (Lady Emily, #10)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Summer Children (The Collector, #3)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • The Good Twin
    $5.99 $2.99
  • An Innocent Client (Joe Dillard, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Speed of Sound (Speed of Sound Thrillers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Bones (Shetland Island, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Bourne Initiative (Jason Bourne, #14)
  • The Good Neighbor
  • Under an English Heaven: An Ellie Kent Mystery
  • Pretty Girls Dancing
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Swansong (DI Nick Dixon #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Have His Carcase (Lord Peter Wimsey #8)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • My Brother Michael
  • Casino: Love and Honor in Las Vegas
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Mr. Timothy
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
  • What Lies Below
  • Silent Child
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The World of Lore: Monstrous Creatures
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Pleasantville
    $12.49 $1.99
  • The Walkers of Dembley (Agatha Raisin, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Killing Orders
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sound of Rain
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden Killers (Tennison, #2)
  • What If
  • Come Closer
  • My Best Friend's Exorcism
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Cold Granite (Logan McRae, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Private Lies (Jane Avery #1)
  • Liars, Inc.
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Death Wears a Mask (Amory Ames Mystery, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Sacred Clowns (Navajo Mysteries, #11)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Invisible
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Fix (Amos Decker, #3)
    $9.99 $3.99
  • The Hush
    $14.99 $2.99
  • The Pharaoh Key (Gideon Crew series)
    $14.99 $3.99
  • The Historian
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Secrets in Death (In Death, #45)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Hellfire Club
    $13.99 $4.99
  • The Panther  (John Corey, #6)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Less Than A Treason (Kate Shugak, #21)
    $9.99 $4.49
  • The Air Raid Killer (Max Heller, Dresden Detective, #1)
  • 15 Seconds
    $6.99 $1.99
  • You'll Never Know, Dear
  • The Cruelty
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Paragon Walk (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #3)
    $11.99 $1.99