Start by marking “Triple Moon (Summer on East End, #1)” as Want to Read:
Triple Moon (Summer on East End, #1)

Triple Moon

(Summer on East End #1)

After they cause a terrible accident at their old high school, twin witches Mardi and Molly Overbrook are sent to live with their “aunt” Ingrid Beauchamp in North Hampton, on Long Island’s mist-shrouded East End. Because the twins cannot control their powers, their father begs Ingrid to tame them over the summer, before the White Council exiles the girls to Limbo.

Trouble c
Published November 10th 2015 by G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers (first published October 29th 2015)

Fafa's Book Corner
Nov 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Fafa's Book Corner (Wordpress)
Fafa's Book Corner (Blogger)

Beware spoilers ahead!

When I first heard about this book I was hesitant. It didn't sound like my kind of witch read. I have heard of Melissa de la Cruz . Click on her name to access her GR profile. She is extremely well known for writing Blue Bloods. When I went through the reviews I found positive ones. So I decided to try it. I am happy to say that I liked it!

This book is written in third person in Mardi and Molly's point of views.
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
Jun 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned, signed-books
Rating: 3.75/5

Read from: November 8 to November 16, 2015 / December 28 to December 29, 2015

Original review on Julalicious Book Paradise

It took me a while to finish it. I gave up on it a while ago and started about a month and half later. I hated to do that to a book written by Melissa, but it just didn’t work for me. The first part that I read just kept going on and on about two girls whining about their lives and it just got on my nerves, but when I picked up again, it seemed like I had stopped
Maria
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
I bought Triple Moon by Melissa de la Cruz because of the special bonus content. I honestly considered reading just that, the short story finale to Witches of East End, but it somehow didn't feel fair. I ended up reading the whole thing...

It just wasn't my cup of tea, I guess. The plot had its moments, but the writing style... it just didn't work for me. I found it to be rather distracting, slightly boring at times and even annoying. Still, there was one line that made the whole thing worth read
Sian Lile-Pastore
Uh, magic sisters who love fashion (one of them wears cher's old jumpsuit), handsome 17 year old boys living on boats, a baddy who has a louise bourgeois sculpture in his house, I'm totally behind all of this nonsense. Five stars! Five stars I tell you!
(Although seems to be a bit of drinking and driving going on. Not cool melissa, not cool)
Nancy The book junkie
Rating: 3.75/5

Review coming soon!
Anna
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: work, 2015, recommended-ya
Seriously, this book is THE FUNNEST.
Stephanie (Reading is Better With Cupcakes)
I was so excited when I saw that this book was coming out. I have read most of the Witches of East End series and have really enjoyed them, so I was very excited that a "teen" version continuation of this world was going to exist. Though, I was also a little worried too. I wanted the feel of this one to match that of the others. I went in with high hopes, and when that happens it is so easily to be disappointed. Thankfully, that wasn't what happened.

Triple Moon is the story about sisters, twins
Vava
Sep 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I have to admit, this is the first book by Melissa de la Cruz that I’ve read; I also haven’t watched a single episode of the Witches of East End series. Not that I’m not interested, but because I wasn’t aware that such a book and TV series existed, until recently. Hence, I read this book without any expectations aside from the fact that I hoped I enjoyed it. Although I found the pacing slow, overall I enjoyed reading it and I like the author’s writing style.

Molly and Mardi Overbrook are twin god
theBookwormeater
Jan 23, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
I am DNF-ing this book at page 62, beginning of a chapter titles "YOU BETTER WORK, B*ITCH". Yup, that is the title.

I bought this book because it contains the written ending for The Witches of East End and wanted to give the whole book a chance.
Unfortunately the writing and characters are just nor for me, too childish and pre-teen.

I LOVED the tv show but I might just be too mature for this particular book. I think it's targeted towards early teens. (I doubt that I would have enjoyed this at 13 t
Teresa Drelick
Sep 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!! So excited that I was able to read a galley copy. :)
Nasty Lady MJ
Nov 15, 2014 rated it it was ok
To see full review with adorable corgi picture click here.

Ah, Triple Moon it has been on my shelf dearest blog readers for months just sitting there staring at me to read it. Obviously, I put it off for awhile—it was published in fall 2015 and I only now have gotten to read it. But to be fair, I have been pretty busy and when I did have time to read I really didn’t want to take a chance with a Melissa de la Cruz book because I have been burned.

Burned so many times by this author.

To be fair thoug
Leah
Jan 17, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall, I enjoyed this story. I like that the characters got better as the book went along. Also, I liked the mystery. The way things happened that night was a surprise. The combination mythology and magic was interesting, but I was disappointed by the twins lack of training. I thought that was going to be a bigger part of the story, but romance was the main focus of this story. I didn't enjoy that part of the story.
Celeste_pewter
Oct 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
I loved, loved loved the original Witches of East End trilogy, so when I realized that Melissa de la Cruz was writing a YA spin-off, I immediately began to do whatever I could do to get my hands on the book.

Cruz brings us back to East End, vis-a-vis Mardi and Molly Overbrook. They're the twin daughters of hte gord Thor - who is now a real estate developer in New York City - and they've been sent to live with Ingrid Beauchamp for the summer, in the hopes of rectifying their history of causing ha
Barb (Boxermommyreads)
Oct 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
I have read the first Witches of East End book and really enjoyed it. I planned on continuing with the remainder of the series, but time passed and I never got around to it. However, I did catch the 2 years Lifetime carried the series and thought it was a pretty good adaptation. Needless to say, I was sorry it was abruptly canceled. When I saw Cruz was releasing a young adult book in the same world, I jumped at the chance to read it. I was afraid that it would be a difficult transition, but it r ...more
meghann
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
So this book has been sitting on my shelf for 2.5 years just waiting to be read. I LOVED the Witches of East End tv show and was devastated when it was cancelled. I bought this book right when it came out as it included a short story to wrap up the show where it left off. I'm not quite sure why it took me so long to read it, but here we are.

This is spin-off of the original Witches of East End book series, but several of the main characters from that are featured heavily in this. I loved seeing w
Aldernaxe
Sep 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you are a fan of Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl, you are going to love this twin sisters. Beautiful Bitchy Witches with fabulous wardrobes, hot love interests, funny quotes (seriously, this book is full of awesome bitchy quotes), a great story that combines the modern days with the old norse mythology. Unlike the other books (Witches of East End, Serpent's Kiss, and Winds of Salem) in this one the witches can now use their powers in full potential and for fun (they cast spells on police offic ...more
Anna Davies
Nov 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! Very Entertaining!

It was very good, a few things were ambiguous, like who their mom is. But I think it makes the book more interesting. Huge fan of all of her books! I hope there is a sequel! Now all I need to figure out is if I want to begin to re-read Blue Bloods or Witches of East End! Decisions Decisions!
kristinsbooks
Jul 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Mardi and Molly are twin witches living in NYC and they are spoiled!!! They cause havoc at their local high school but only with small pranks nothing super drastic. And then they are about to be charged for murder and they can't even remember the night or if they did it.

I am going to capitalize SPOILER if there is going to be one in the lower paragraph do you can scroll past it!!!!

Mardi is cool, she's more laid back and down to earth. She had a hipster style and is more punk rock than molly wh
Andrea
Jan 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya
Plot
Twin sisters Mardi and Molly are in trouble for pushing their two classmates into an oncoming train. Except, neither of them have any memory of this, and they're positive that they would never murder anyone, though they love wreaking havoc and toying with other people magically. They're sent to live with their father's friends, Ingrid and Freya, for the summer to babysit and learn manners. Both meet cute boys their first night there, Tris and Trent. The two sisters then spend the summer with
jecama
Rating: 2.5 / 5 stars, 5 / 10
Age Range: 13+
(Uncorrected Copy)

*MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*

The Cover: Not a fan. Two girls, neither of which have the dark, black hair that is described in the book, posing rather ordinarily. The background, although mysterious and pretty, is a little too regular for a book about witchcraft. If you couldn’t tell from the magic shooting out of -who I’m assuming is- Molly’s hand, the scene practically screams witches.

From pag
Jessica
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
This book takes place in the same setting as Witches of East End (which is one of my favorite tv shows)... however the Witches of East End books are VERY different than the tv show (the tv show is MUCH better!) anyways, because the tv show got cancelled (still mad about this!) I wanted to buy this book to get the extra story in the back that would supposedly tie up loose ends. first of all, the story the author wrote to "tie up loose ends" did so but in such a fast and quick way that it felt ext ...more
Taylor Schwieger
Jun 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Once you get past the entitled girls from the city and they start becoming Molly and Mardi in East End, this book is a constant go go go. From bickering sisters, falling in love, irresistible Gardiner boys and trying to get their memory back to enjoying their time in dread East End, harnessing their powers and a plot to send them to hell, this story does not disappoint. The story doesn't stall and keeps you guessing as to what the problem could be and who to trust and not to trust until BOOM fig ...more
Liz
Dec 14, 2018 rated it liked it
I really loved the first 3 books in this series, The Witches of Eastend, Serpents Kiss & Winds of Salem. I was a little disappointed with Triple Moon. I found that the story sort of dragged a bit and I was not fond of the main characters. I did not hate it and continued to read till the end and plan on trying to read the other book about these teenagers at some later date. I really liked the main characters in the original 3 witch books and even though they are not in this book much, their p ...more
Marion Miermans
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read the previous series, The beauchamp family, which sets 10 years before this one. Although I liked the storyline, the writing style was more descriptive than an actual fluent story.
Besides that, I really liked this book! Maybe I've grown used to her writing or this story just had a lot more going for it. I liked the rivalry between the twins and how they also seem to get along at the same time. I've had my suspicions about the bad things that happened, which changed several times during my
Megan Cheang
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
It’s not bad but I find the romance kind of ridiculous.
While the twins are spoilt brats, they aren’t totally bad. But I find Molly to be worse because she acts like a child and does things her own way, always. This bites her back and hopefully she has learned her lesson.
I find the romance ridiculous because sudden inexplicable attractions to hot guys don’t make sense, especially when you hardly meet up with them and they ditch you mid way. Hence, Mardi’s romance was more acceptable because she a
Hannah Martian
Remember the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead, and the ensuing Bloodlines series? VA was pretty good, maybe the plot got stretched a little thin, but in the Bloodlines series the plot DEFINITELY got stretched too thin? That's this book. Witches of East End was a pretty solid series, but Triple Moon really was just...unnecessary. None of the characters were particularly interesting or distinctive, but I kept reading because I like de la cruz's writing.
Greer
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love this witchy, goddess series. I read them out of order but it worked fine with me, each story is its own story and holds up well. Identical twins Molly and Mardi are the daughters of Thor and nieces to Freyja. If these names seem familiar you are correct this is the Norse God family tree. Asgard has been closed and these gods and goddess are stuck here in Midgard (Earth). Mischief runs amok in these books.
Amanda P
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book, because it took you back to East End with Ingrid Beauchamp. Who was watching the twin daughters of her friend Thor. But the twins seemed to be a bit spoiled and a bit of trouble makers. When they are sent there to they are having a hard time remembering what happened to them on an evening when a horrible event takes place that even their dad can't help them out of.
Emily Wisneski
Jul 03, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: books-i-own
This book is really not my style. Everything has an insane amount detail, almost leaving nothing to the imagination, and the way conversations are written really bother me. Also the main characters are not likable in the beginning making me not want to see their character development. It also might be a little too easy for my reading level.
Greta
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked this book, but I found that my copy was FULL of typos and little errors I would have expected to be caught when the book was being edited. The book felt a little rushed because of those typos especially.
Can't wait 1 10 Oct 14, 2014 01:17PM
  • Gargoyle Addiction (Otherworlds Summons, #1)
  • When My Heart Was Wicked
  • Burn (Scan, #2)
  • The Hawkweed Legacy (Hawkweed Prophecy #2)
  • Angel & Faith: Family Reunion (Season 9, Volume 3)
  • Artifacts, Volume 1
  • Skandal (Sekret, #2)
  • Witchrise (The Tudor Witch Trilogy, #3)
  • Iron Man: The Gauntlet
  • Cleo (Cleo #1)
  • Overpowered
  • The Ice-Maiden and Other Tales
  • Moon Magic
  • The August Five
  • Kitchen Witchcraft: Crafts of a Kitchen Witch (Pagan Portals)
  • The Wicked Awakening of Anne Merchant (The V Trilogy, #2)
  • A Halloween Scare at My House: Prepare If You Dare
  • The A-Word (Sweet Dead Life, #2)
Melissa de la Cruz is the New York Times and USA Today best-selling author of many critically acclaimed and award-winning novels for teens including The Au Pairs series, the Blue Bloods series, the Ashleys series, the Angels on Sunset Boulevard series and the semi-autobiographical novel Fresh off the Boat.

Her books for adults include the novel Cat’s Meow, the anthology Girls Who Like Boys Who Like

Summer on East End (2 books)
  • Double Eclipse (Summer on East End, #2)