Start by marking “Waves of Deception (Samantha Rite #1)” as Want to Read:
Waves of Deception (Samantha Rite #1)

Waves of Deception

(Samantha Rite #1)

Samantha Rite is in desperate need of a vacation. Her life is shattered when after 21 years of marriage, her husband walks out on her, leaving her for another woman.

As Sam is trying to pick up the pieces and start over, her family decides now would be the perfect time for her to take a relaxing vacation.

Before she can change her mind, she and her older sister are booke
Published July 20th 2014 by Orlando Home Solutions, LLC

Vicki
Feb 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked Samantha, she was a strong woman that had been through a lot in her life. She planned a cruise and while she was on this trip several mysterious things occurred. She was not sure who she could trust and who was not as they seemed. A very good book that continues in the next book of the series.

Sandee
Oct 04, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ereader
I was very disappointed. The dangerous 'situations' are ridiculously contrived. Nothing happens with the main characters. Nothing. They simply observe what happens to temporary characters that drop out of the story right after they are observed. No emotional engagement, no character development and no ending. The characters are removed from their 'situation' with nothing resolved. Nothing. Especially no reason to pick up the next book.
Mary
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love all of Hope’s Christian books!

This was a very good book. I like this new character Hope has developed for us. Samantha Rite seems to be a good new story series.

I look forward to reading the other books with Sam in them.

Hope has a flair for writing wonderful Christian books. I have read almost all of her Cruise ship books quite a few of her others.

I enjoy Reading good old fashioned stories without crude and sexy scenes.
Jo-Anne
Sam was recently divorced from her cheating husband so when her sister suggested they go on a cruise she agreed. But at the last minute her sister couldn't go so she went alone. She's not very outgoing but finally meets some people on the trip and gets involved in a a very serious and dangerous situation.

This was an enjoyable romantic thriller with lots of drama and mystery around the other characters. I did find some of the location descriptions dragged on being more wordy than necessary for t
Sonya Fuller-Campbell
Mar 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Waves of Deception; Who is the Deceiver?

For a short story it was an actually good read. I'm not usually a fan of short stories and can see already that I am going to have to read all the titles in the sequel to get the whole story that's usually all found under one title. I read the few available pages in the next book and it started off with a bang, so I think by the time I read all three installments I will have read an excellent book. The pace of this story and the story line kept my attentio
Kelly
Jul 31, 2015 rated it did not like it
This book was terrible. I was glad it was free or I would have felt like I had thrown money down the toilet. I am pretty sure my 7th graders could write a better story. This is a serial novel not to be confused with a series even though that is how it is marketed. Serial novels are what bad writers do to make one story seem like an actual series.
Jen Massamore
Oct 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Ok

It wasn't a very long story, like I thought it would be. The book ended leaving you with no clue what happened. There is a 2nd book though.
Bonnie
Sep 04, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Waves of Deception" is the first book in the Samantha Rite mystery series. Sam is a newly single woman, with a grown daughter. She ends up taking a cruise on her own, after her sister, who was supposed to go with her, injures herself. The entire time she is on the cruise Sam is going through a learning curve in being out and about as a single lady. She meets two men on the cruise - both very handsome. One she meets at her dinner table, one she meets as she is walking around on the ship.

I found
Robyn Gaye-Murphy
I enjoyed this book which moved along at a good pace. I got a glimpse of life on a cruise, lovely views everywhere Samantha went. Some of the Story became scary for the members of the cruise, and I am glad to be happy with my feet firmly on home soil, but then I live in a deliciously sunny area. In fact I’m going to the beach tomorrow for lunch. Still I’m glad to have sat back and enjoyed reading about Sam’s cruise and all the people she met. I was given this book but the review is entirely my o ...more
Loretta
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Samantha Rite and her sister plan a vacation to Florida and a cruise when her sister Deb
fell and had to cancel. Sam's daughter, Brianna told her to go herself because she needed the break after having cancer and divorcing her husband. Sam feels that she is being followed and tries to enjoy her trip but some things happen on the cruise that alarms her. She meets Lee and Michel and as it turns out they are all booked the same side trips. The one to Belise ended in trouble and Sam found a surprise
Lauri trunnell
Worst book Ive read in a long time. Sorry. I was looking forward to a great mystery There was no real mystery, WAY too many exclamation points throughout which became distracting, and then boom it was over without satisfying.
I would not read any other books by this author. Might be great reading for a pre teen.
Jeryl Smith
Jan 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Curl up with this Cozy mystery!

A cute little cozy mystery that you can curl up with! Great descriptive language about cruising. Very tense in one of the closing scenes that keeps you guessing. Two handsome strangers to boot & a hilarious karaoke scene rounds out this book in the series!
Jan Locke
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Beginnings

A very good story with Sam, a divorcée coping with the heartache of an unfaithful husband and her battle with cancer. Her cruise brings more interesting characters along with a dangerous adventure. This is a complete story that leaves you ready to read the next installment!
Valerie Irwin
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Quite enjoyable

I think I've read almost everything hope Callahan has written. While I prefer her garden girls mystery and cruise mystery series, this series is shaping up to be pretty good. Looking forward to reading the next book.
Neena Christianson Martin
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cliffhanger

I didn't realize that this book was apart of a trilogy til I finished it. I enjoyed this book but you will definitely have to read all three in order unless you like to be left hanging.
Anne Wingate
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Always Hoping for More

More Hope Callaghan, that is! She's a terrific writer and her books always grab the reader and hold on to the point that you're surprised to reach the end. This starts a new series off with a bang.
Khanson919
Sep 13, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not good, not well written. The prologue has nothing to do with the rest of the book. Never referred to again. Wasn't even a good plot. So bad. Fortunately, it was a very quick read so I didn't waste a lot of my time.
Billie Rayborn
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good Mystery

I thoroughly enjoyed this mystery. Hope Callaghan is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors. Her characters are well developed, the plot moves quickly through twists and turns, and I love that she leaves little clues along the way.
Bettina Thomas
Aug 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Not too bad but something happened in the beginning of the book that was never mentioned again...for what reason, I have no idea.
Kay Munson
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book

It was fast moving and kept my interest where I didn’t want to put it down. Looking forward to reading the others
Ro Sands
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed the book. Kept my interest from start to finish.
RO G'ma
May 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in the Deception trilogy written by Hope Callaghan. It has an interesting storyline, laugh out loud moments, romance, intrigue, realistic dialog and believable characters. There is no graphic violence, sexually explicit scenes or inappropriate language in any of Ms. Callaghan’s books. This is an easy read with interesting characters and just the right mix of intrigue and romance to grab and hold the reader’s interest. The main character, Sam, goes on a cruise, meets some i ...more
Dec 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Waves of Deception

First book in the Samantha Rite mystery series. Samantha is scheduled to take a cruise with her sister for her fortieth birthday, but her sister breaks her leg and Samantha ends up traveling alone. On the last day of the cruise, the excursion that Sam is on turns into a capture. Will they be rescued, and by who? There were a couple of slang words used at the beginning of the book that could have been expressed using more appropriate words, but otherwise a good book.
Judy A. Ptacek
May 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Danger and Romance

A divorcee goes on a cruise alone when her traveling companion can't make the trip. After her divorce from her cheating husband she needs to get away. When they get to Belize and she leaves on a bus with a group from the ship, including the man she is attracted to, they all are robbed and kidnapped. Quite an adventure with a little romance. I like this kind of story, Interesting plot, sweet clean romance, realistic dialog, and based on belief in God.
Linda Rainey
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved the Suspense

This book was excellent. I loved the action and couldn't put the book down.
Samantha was an enjoyable character and very much a child of God.
I was really enjoyed the character of Gabby,her flamboyance was entertaining.
Of course the hunky Lee was a pleasure.
The only downside was that the book ended so quickly and I look forward to the next 2 books.
richard e. gorenflo
Aug 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
. I especially enjoy the novels about cruising.

A refreshing series , I enjoyed the writing style and did not miss the sex that seem to be needed in most novels today. Keep them coming. I especially enjoy the novels about cruising.
Georgiann Hennelly
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sam is a Divorcee who goes on a cruise alone after Her Sister who was supposed to go with her breaks her leg. When they arrive in Belize a group from the cruise take a bus tour they are robbed and kidnapped. You get suspense along with a little romance.
Lynda Knapp
Aug 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Nice read!

This was a light and easy read. It was a little light on the mystery and romance. Something that happened in the early part of the book was never addressed again so I am not quite sure why it was included.
Janet
Jan 18, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
good story but needed to be longer and more developed
Marilyn
Nov 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Good

this book is one of many mystery episodes a d murders.the. book moves fast the people involved are on a. cruise ship.

• Tarnished Silver
  • A Higher Justice (The Trials of Kit Shannon #5)
  • Forewarned
  • A Shore Thing (Otter Bay #2)
  • Tomorrow We Die
  • Fuse of Armageddon
  • Tested by Fire
  • Finding Hope in Savannah
  • Another Stab at Life (The Volstead Manor #1)
  • Perilous Cove (Perilous Safety Series - Book 1)
  • Hush in the Storm
  • Emma's Choice (The Zook Sisters of Lancaster County #2)
  • For the Twins' Sake  (Tiny Blessings #1)
  • Kiss Me If You Dare (Patricia Amble, #3)
  • Deadly Hunt (Strong Women, Extraordinary Situations #1)
  • Beside Still Waters (The Psalm 23 Mysteries, #4)
  • Bride of Paradise (Mail Order Ministers, #1)
  • Stretch Marks
Get New Releases, Giveaways, and FREE & Discounted Books at: https://hopecallaghan.com/newsletter
OR Text the word BOOKS to 33222

★ AMAZON BESTSELLING AUTHOR ★
★ Mom's Choice Award Winner! ★

2017 Winner Mom's Choice Award!

Hope Callaghan is an author who loves to write Christian Cozy Mysteries & Mystery/Suspense books.

Born and raised in a small town in West Michigan, she now lives in Florida w

Samantha Rite (3 books)
  • Winds of Deception (Samantha Rite #2)
  • Tides of Deception (Samantha Rite #3)