Start by marking “Last Will and Testament (Radleigh University, #1)” as Want to Read:
Last Will and Testament (Radleigh University, #1)

Last Will and Testament

(Radleigh University #1)

Lizzie Brandt was valedictorian of her high school class, but at Radleigh University, all she's acing are partying and hooking up with the wrong guys. But all that changes when her parents are killed in a tragic accident, making her guardian to her two younger brothers. To keep them out of foster care, she'll have to fix up her image, her life, and her GPA—fast. Too bad th ...more
Published December 9th 2014 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Last Will and Testament, please sign up.
Dahlia It's a series of three standalone companions - Lizzie's story, Cait's story, and Frankie's story. They all appear plenty in each other's books, but…moreIt's a series of three standalone companions - Lizzie's story, Cait's story, and Frankie's story. They all appear plenty in each other's books, but that's it for Lizzie and Connor being the central couple. They've had enough drama for a while!(less)

Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
4.5 stars!!

description

This book ranks high on my list of favorite NA romances. Though it has clichéd tropes (what NA book doesn’t?), the approach and execution was done very well and with ethnically diverse and easy to love main characters, an engaging storyline, and side characters that were both comical and warmed my heart, Last Will and Testament was a big winner for me!

“...life doesn’t give a shit about perfect timing or perfect circumstances; it just happens. And by now, I’ve lived enough to recogniz
Jennifer Kyle
Nov 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

*4.5 Flat-Front Pants Stars*

”I need to fix my life up at Radleigh or it’s over. If I lose my scholarships, or my brothers, or both…I just can’t.”

description

Eighteen year old college student, Lizze Brandt has to grow up quickly when tragedy strikes her family. She finds herself in danger of losing her scholarship and custody of her two minor brothers all the while falling head over heels in love with her Byzantine History TA, Connor Lawson.

”Flat-fronts. Duh.”

“Are you trying to turn me into a hipster?”

“I
Rachel Reads Ravenously
Dec 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Rachel Reads Ravenously by: Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
4 stars!

photo last will and testament.png

I'm actually kind of bewildered that this book isn't more popular. It's a new adult gem!

Last Will and Testament is about college student Lizzie who just found out that her parents both died in a tragic accident leaving her as the guardian over her two little brothers. Lizzie moves her brothers up to college with her, but finds she is falling behind in her classes and asks her history TA to help tutor her. Thus, romance! Just kidding, but the two fall into a friendship and very soon
Catarina
4 Strong Stars.

description

Lizzie just went to college and is going through a rebellious phase, missing out on classes, alcohol and random guys. Until tragedy happens and suddenly she find herself without her parents and with the custody of her two younger brothers. And if she doesn’t want to lose her custody she needs to maintain her scholarship, and for that she needs the help of Connor, a TA that will tutor her. Their relationship is forbidden, but when neither can resist their feelings things are going
L A i N E Y
“My brain’s still working to process the past few minutes. Connor has taken my fashion advice. Connor has also, apparently, taken a lover. Or already had one.

And I care, apparently.

Which means I need to get laid.”

How can you not love a girl whose brain works like this??!

This book read so much like butter: smooth, flowing and delicious (yum!). It was hella funny and I love Connor, he’s such an adorable (hot) nerd!

It’s an almost forbidden romance between a teaching assistant and an undergraduat
✦❋Arianna✦❋
4.5 STARS

description

“…life doesn’t give a shit about perfect timing, or perfect circumstances; it just happens.”

“Last Will and Testament” was such a fantastic read and for sure one of the best NA I’ve read so far. From the blurb you can tell the story is about a forbidden relationship. What makes this book for me so different from other books with same premise is the fact that this story is not only about a teacher-student relationship. It’s a story about life, love, family, friends and so much more.

E
Dahlia
I wrote this! And it is super good, in my totally unbiased opinion. (Haha just kidding - I paid myself to say that.) If you wanna read some excerpts, you can find them here, here, here, and here!

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

What were you like at eighteen? I was in my first year of college, and apart from academia, wasn't even close to having my adult game together. Neither is Lizzie Brandt, ex-valedictorian and scholarship student turned party girl. In fact, she's busy sleeping with another girl's boyfriend on the night she finds out that her parents are dead and she's been made her brothers' guardian.

We read OUT ON GOOD BEHAVIOR in the wonderful Unapologetic
Beverly
Recommended to Beverly by: Jennifer Kyle
4 - 4.5 Stars

This story shows you that your life can change the blink of an eye. One minute Lizzie is a frat party drinking and sexing it up, the next she is the legal guardian of her two younger brothers.

At eighteen years old she is a sophomore in college and basically doing with young college students do…making bad choices. Lizzie doesn’t have the option of making bad choices when her parents are killed in a car accident one night. At that moment everything changes, she has to move from her d
Riley
Sep 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book made me remember why I like New Adult
And major plus that it had a very strong emphasis on family
Faye, la Patata
If you guys know me, then you should know that I rarely read New Adult. Mostly, it's because I'm not into the "bad boy meets virgin girl and they both undergo an angsty drama" thingy that a lot of them are unfortunately full of. Another reason is that I'm not really into reading sex scenes. I'm not against it particularly, but it's just something I seek once in a blue moon and when I'm in the right mood for it. What's interesting is that when I chanced upon this book, I wasn't feeling like readi ...more
Whitney Atkinson
Buckle up ladies and gents, this book just took the third spot on my "new adult books that are actually healthy romances!!" list.

I've been highly recommended this on the front of being a healthy romance with a main character of color (Filipina), and on those fronts, it definitely delivered. So really, this book accomplished what it needed to, and I would recommend it. It was what new adult promises: college angst, some good wholesome sex scenes, and a happy ending. But there were bits and pieces
Kat Kennedy
Last Will and Testament started out really strong for me. Mostly because of Lizzie’s amazing narrative voice and unapologetic style. How unapologetic? Well the story starts out with her screwing another girl’s boyfriend when the police show up and inform her that her parents are dead.

Lizzie’s entire life changes then, when she has to adult-up and take on her two younger brothers while cleaning up her life at Radleigh university. To do that, she needs the help of her uptight TA, Connor Lawson.

Liz
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
4.5 STARS

Genre: Student/Teacher romance. (College TA)
Cover: 7/10
Writing: 9/10
Heroine: 9/10
Hero: 9/10
Humour: 6/10
Hotness: 6/10
Romance: 7/10
Extra book Details: Heroine POV; 1st person. Stand Alone. Approx 290 kindle pages.

I honestly wasn't expecting much. I don't think I've read a really good student/teacher book since A Different Blue. It was GREAT.

It started off okay, my issue in the beginning was that I didn't feel Lizzie's grief. As time went on, I was like; oh ok, she's dealing with it dif
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★ 2.5 Stars ★★

This clearly fell short for me, the first half I quite enjoyed but then at around the 50% mark things became extremely boring, the characters became immature and the story fell flat for me.

There was a 7 year age gap between Lizzie and her TA Connor, but this wasn't evident to me. Connor wasn't my type of BBF and his French blaspheming was a bit of a turn off if I'm honest.

I felt that they got together as a couple too quickly without any kind of sexual tension. I still don't know w
Lucia
Jan 16, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 STARS

From college party girl to guardian of her two younger brothers, Lizzie had to grow up very fast after the accidental death of her parents. I really liked transition of her character. Author made very good and believable job of developing her character. And even though I never experienced what Lizzie did (fortunately), it was very easy to connect with her. She was very realistic 18 years old character which made her POV very enjoyable for me.

Add NOT INSTA forbidden love, funny banters b
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Jan 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Student/Teacher romance fans
He's bringing a salad. It's official; I want to fuck Connor Lawson.

Personally, I would have held out for dessert. But whatever.

I think there's a good chance that NA contemporary romance haters might enjoy this better than the standard fare. This is a less-ridiculous book than much of what's being offered at the moment, and is entertaining to boot.

But first to deal with : I'm probably super picky about teen mom stories because I was a teen mom. I did continue to screw up at that age. I stil
Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner)
THE TYPE OF NA ROMANCE I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR. Oh man, I loved the crap out of this book. It was a sweet and sexy romance that I totally shipped like you have no idea but I also really loved how it explored how hard the college transition can be, family, grief & loss and having to grow up too soon. I have been pining for some books that aren’t just SET in college as a flimsy background setting for sexy times but the main character ACTUALLY is engaging with college life stuff and this book i ...more
Kathe L
3,5 - 4 stars!

description

FORBIDDEN RELATIONSHIPS! This book isn't all about "love". It is also about loss, growing up, being more mature, and respect. Despise being a forbidden relationship, this one was different because the girl, Lizzie, knew he (Connor) was a teacher before they started dating. And that was new. Also, it has a whole lot of a different context.

In the very beginning, Lizzie finds out her parents died in a car accident and she has to take care of her brothers (Ty - 12 years old; Max - 7 y
Sue (Hollywood News Source)
Review also posted at Young Adult Hollywood.

Pants heavily.

That was me with this book.

I honestly didn't expect to love it this much.

But here we are.

I love how Adler writes her female characters.

We have a Filipino-American protagonist which is certainly a first from this genre. Her heritage was mentioned a handful of times but didn’t play any bigger stance in the plot. I kinda wish it did, though.

Lizzie is a fiery, unapologetic character and yes, she is a good person, but she makes bad and shitty
Hazel (Stay Bookish)
Post-reading:

This one is definitely a high 4 and I not only really liked it but loved it. Super enjoyed Lizzie's voice! Full review tk.

Pre-reading:

HELLO THIS IS BY DAHLIA ADLER OF COURSE THIS IS GOING TO BE FABULOUS AND HOTTTTT. And can we just take a moment to appreciate the fact that the main character, Lizzie, is half-Filipina? Diversity in New Adult, yes please!
Brittany (The Book Addict's Guide/Novelly Yours)
Initial Impressions 11/30/14: Yayyyyy! 4.5 stars for this lovely book!
I'm usually not quite interested in students who have relationships with their teachers/professors/TAs (I'm looking at you, Julie Taylor (Friday Night Lights)) but I trusted Dahlia Adler to steer this book in the right direction because she is awesome and she totally did.
I'm always craving for more books in college and I think it's hard because as much as people's high school lives vary, I think things start to get really di
✿kawehi.reviews
Nov 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
☆ I received an ARC via the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! ☆

description

Dahlia Adler’s upcoming New Adult Romance was genuine, honest, and realistic…BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, it had heart!!

Last Will and Testament dwindled a delicate balance between life, family, love, and obligation.

For college wild-child, Lizzie Brandt, What happens when your life is spiraled upside down and you suddenly become the sole custodian and provider for two adolescent boys?

description

Faced with these obscurities while bei
Keertana
Oct 12, 2014 rated it liked it
Last Will and Testament is one of the few novels I've managed to read in one sitting over the past few months. Considering that little has kept me away from sleep since I began college, this speaks volumes. While Adler's latest is compulsively readable, with a flawed heroine we cannot help but root for and a swoon-worthy romance to boot, my feminist brain couldn't help but nit-pick at the villain of this storyline--which only contributed to my rising dislike of the plot during its last quarter. ...more
Ashley
Dec 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: my-kindle-read
More like 3.5/3.75. It was cute just not amazingly spectacular :)
Jaime Arkin
Lizzie Brandt has spent her year at college skipping classes, partying and sleeping with another girl’s boyfriend, so when the police show up at a house party to inform her that her parents have died she isn’t quite sure how she should react or what she should do.

Her Byzantine History TA is quite familiar with Lizzie’s slacking off and when she emails him to let him know she won’t be in class for a quiz he does what any other teacher might do in his situation… asks for proof.

But dealing with h
Beatrix
Okay, I was not even going to write a review for this one, because I really have not much to report.

So just a few thoughts –

This is a proper 2-star read for me. I neither liked nor disliked Last Will and Testament; it was simply okay. Maybe I was not in the mood for it, because honestly it was not a bad book. The writing was a bit cliché, but nothing too bad. There are worst books out there, let me tell you that.

Therefore, I won’t be recommending this book to any of my friends, but I wouldn’t d
Lea
DNF @61 % <-- Or not. Reliable sources (i.e: Dahlia Adler, who's the author, in case you didn't know) told me there was no mushy romance, and lots and lots of sex. So I decided to finish the book. And this is my reaction:

Because it was fucking amazing guys. Fucking. Amazing. Just buy the book, okay.

Original review:

Yes, I DNFed this. Yes, I still gave it 4 stars. Why, you ask. Why would you give such a high rating to a book you didn't even finish ?
This is where I tell you that all will be exp
Jillian
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*3.75 stars*
 Megan • Reading Books Like a Boss (book blog)

As a forbidden love junkie, I'd wanted to read Last Will and Testament for a long time. If you're a fan of student/teacher love stories with loads of "but we can'ts" and "but I want to's" then you should totally check this out. Even though there were parts that didn't completely work for me, I thought it was a fun read with good dialogue and sexy sweetness.

The author does a great job of hooking you right from the beginning. Lizzie has become accustomed to coasting in college instead of working

• Second Position (District Ballet Company #1)
  • Boomerang (Boomerang, #1)
  • Make it Count (Bowler University, #1)
  • Swimming to Tokyo
  • Treasure
  • Icon of the Indecisive
  • When the Stars Align
  • Pieces of Olivia (Charleston Haven, #1)
  • Season of Second Chances
  • Loud is How I Love You (Hub City, #1)
  • Where You'll Find Me
  • Third Degree
  • French Kissed (International School, #3)
  • Extra Credit Epidemic
  • Footfree & Fancyloose (Bass Ackwards and Belly Up, #2)
  • Whisper to Me (Between Breaths, #3)
  • Only Between Us
  • When Joss Met Matt
Dahlia Adler is an Associate Editor of Mathematics by day, a blogger for B&N Teens and LGBTQReads by night, and a writer of Contemporary YA and NA at every spare moment in between. She's the author of the Daylight Falls duology, Just Visiting, and the Radleigh University series; a contributor to anthologies All Out, The Radical Element, and It's a Whole Spiel (Fall 2019); the editor of the ...more

Radleigh University (3 books)
  • Right of First Refusal (Radleigh University, #2)
  • Out on Good Behavior (Radleigh University, #3)
“Tabarnac de câlisse,” he swears under his breath, looking me up and down. God, I love Canada.” 5 likes
“And can you get this girl something with a laxative effect?” I add to the waitress, refusing to spare Sophie a glance as I slide my menu back into place. “My treat. I just can’t stand to see someone so full of shit, you know? Especially when her boyfriend keeps feeding her more of it.” 4 likes