Start by marking “The Thanksgiving Gift (The Holiday Collection #1)” as Want to Read:
The Thanksgiving Gift (The Holiday Collection #1)

The Thanksgiving Gift (The Holiday Collection #1)

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  39 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Inspired by a true story from the author's family, this heartwarming tale of how one small orphan girl brings faith, hope and love into the lives of a lonely farm couple in Depression-era Kansas is a reminder that God's best gifts come in the most unexpected ways.

The Holiday Collection features timeless tales of faith, hope and love that celebrate the Reason for the season
Kindle Edition
Published October 5th 2014 by Frontier 2000 Media Group

To ask other readers questions about The Thanksgiving Gift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Thanksgiving Gift

Sally
Oct 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Thanksgiving Gift
By: Joyce Swann

I loved this short story by Joyce Swann. The Thanksgiving Gift is filled with hope, faith, and love, inspired by a true story from the author’s family. These characters will grip your heart and pull you into their story.

Michelle Madison is a reporter in Pittsburg, Kansas. She is going to interview Gracerville’s resident, Esther Cook, who is celebrating her 100th birthday. Everything should go according to plan: get in, do the interview, leave. But what Michell
Therese
Esther and Floyd Cook want children, particularly boys since they know they need help on their farm in Kansas. Unfortunately Esther's baby boys don't live, and they end up adopting Martha, an orphan girl that nobody else wants. She has faith like no one else and brings a great deal of joy to the Cook family.

Michelle Madison is assigned to interview Esther Cook for their local TV station now that she is turning 100, but she gets a little more than what she bargained for. So this is a story within
Hilary
Nov 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Religious and not enough Thanksgiving

I enjoyed the writing style, and the historical asleoct if the storyline. It was an easy read. It was very evangelical, though. Like, over the top, stereotypical witnessing type stuff, and it was a bit much. I chose this title to read because I loved holiday themed books, but this book was quite light on the topic of thanksgiving. It was mentioned a few times, but not enough to warrant being considered a holiday book.
Jon Molnar
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Great Story to Share on Thanksgiving!

Do you have 30 or 60 minutes available to allow yourself to indulge in a nice heartwarming story? If so, start with The Thanksgiving Gift! It's short but contains a powerful message .
I highly recommend this story!
Carol
Dec 06, 2017 rated it liked it
The story was good, but too preachy at the end.
Tricia Hungerford
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I found the book so very inspiring. It warmed my heart in places I didn't know hurt so badly.
Margaret Stewart
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thanks

I want to say thanks for reminded us how important our testimony is and how important it is to give it to others. God is good and very real.
Janis
Nov 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Essentially a testimonial. Good quick read.
Diana
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A sweet story. To find that it was inspired by a true story was a bonus. Perfect for anytime, but especially touching during the holidays. How an orphan girl touched a family and how faith in God's plan will turn things more perfect than you hoped.
Barbara Wade
Nov 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful reminder of the age old story and why we are here. Grammar not always correct but that helped make the story believable.
Bob
Julie Brossard
Nov 12, 2014
DeAnn Oneill
Jan 24, 2016
Joyce Swann has been a Christian since childhood and a prayer warrior for over forty years. She became nationally-known in the 1990's because of her work homeschooling her ten children from the first grade through masters’ degrees before their seventeenth birthdays. She has been featured on Paul Harvey's weekly radio program, CBN and the 1990's CBS series “How'd They Do That?” She has been intervi ...more
More about Joyce Swann

The Holiday Collection (2 books)
  • The Christmas Cake (Holiday Collection #2)