Start by marking “The Bourbon Kings (The Bourbon Kings, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Bourbon Kings (The Bourbon Kings, #1)

The Bourbon Kings (The Bourbon Kings #1)

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  16,852 Ratings  ·  2,397 Reviews
For generations, the Bradford family has worn the mantle of kings of the bourbon capital of the world. Their sustained wealth has afforded them prestige and privilege—as well as a hard-won division of class on their sprawling estate, Easterly. Upstairs, a dynasty that by all appearances plays by the rules of good fortune and good taste. Downstairs, the staff who work tirel ...more
Published July 28th 2015 by Penguin Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about The Bourbon Kings, please sign up.
Ashley They're mostly from ARC (Advanced Reader Copies) that basically get sent to people to write reviews so they can have testimonial's on the cover etc.
Gigi Exactly my thoughts!
6 freaking long months
Half year
The freaking longest 233 days until the expected publication date!
ARGHHH...

Emily May
Jun 25, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2015, romance, arc
“Everybody’s interested in me.”
“Not him.” Jeff Stern, the host and roommate, tossed in a thousand dollars’ worth of chips. “Ain’t that right, Lane?”
“Are you gay? Is he gay?”
Lane moved the queen of hearts next to the king of hearts. Shifted the jack next to the queen. Wanted to push the boob job with mouth onto the floor.”

I actually hated this book. I'm not even trying to be dramatic - I HATED it.

Even though Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series was a little cliche and more than a little repet
Christy

photo 10938517-55f2-4fdb-9d00-d5ab3960820e_zpsja6ligmu.jpg

Well, that was quite a ride. Have you ever read a book where so much was going on your head was just spinning when you finished? Thats kind of how I feel right now. There was so much going on in this book, so many characters, storylines and drama drama drama! And I loved it! I loved that Ward could write a book like this and have everything come together so perfectly. Honestly, even with everything happening, I had no trouble keeping track of the characters or story line so that is a h
Natasha is a Book Junkie
FULL 6-STAR REVIEW NOW POSTED:

“You’re the love of my life, whether you’re with me or not.”

I have the biggest book hangover ever. I am literally struggling to find things to occupy my mind with just so I wouldn’t go back to re-read this fabulous, oh-so addictive, sinfully moreish book, because at the end of the day, no matter how many times I flip those last few pages, no new ones are going to appear. The first instalment in The Bourbon Kings saga, this is the devastatingly compelling story
Jennifer Kyle
Oct 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 “I ‘m going to need a Venn diagram.” Stars

description

First off, please forgive my casting laziness as there are a ton of characters in this story and although not identical to any television show it sure has the night time soap opera feel.

…the Bradfords truly did take dysfunction to whole new levels.”

As enjoyable as this story of one of the wealthiest family’s in Charlemont, Kentucky is, I think I jumped the gun reading it at this time. I’m not sure how much I’ll remember until the next book is rele

| ARC kindly provided by NAL via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you a lot! |

|4.6 stars|

Blurb: For generations, the Bradford family has worn the mantle of kings of the bourbon capital of the world. Their sustained wealth has afforded them prestige and privilege—as well as a hard-won division of class on their sprawling estate, Easterly. Upstairs, a dynasty that by all appearances plays by the rules of good fortune and good taste. Downstairs, the staff who work tirelessly to
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

No star rating - I'm DNFing this one.

Normally I adore JR WARD's storytelling and I've never DNF'd one of her books, until now. One might assume I DNF'd this one because of the genre, but that's not the case here. In fact, I loved her earlier contemporary romances written as Jessica Bird and can't wait for some of those stories to continue. Not holding my breath, though...

So, what's the problem, you ask? Well, here's my take on this first installment of The Bourbon Kings...

First, let it be known
Jacqueline's Reads

NOW LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 Bourbon Neat Stars Please

Bourbon Kings is part of the Bourbon Kings series, it can be read as a standalone, but like I said, it’s also a part of a series.

I’m a mega fan of J.R. Ward and when I heard about The Bourbon Kings I think my panties got wet (just a little bit). If you are a fan of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, just know that The Bourbon Kings has the same writing style, but it’s nothing like the paranormal BDB series.

The Bourbon Kings has mixed reviews
Katie Michaels
May 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
If you ever enjoyed the night-time soaps of the 1980s, get ready for the next generation of big-money, family dynasty drama. The Bradford family made its fortune in bourbon, not oil, but all of the major elements are in place: a southern palatial estate, high end cars, private jets... class divisions, a spoiled daughter, and a dastardly patriarch that could put JR Ewing to shame.

But this is JR Ward, you say. How does it compare to the Black Dagger Brotherhood? Simply put, it doesn't. This is in
Aestas Book Blog
Oct 30, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: not-yet-released
Oooh!! New series from JR Ward that has already been optioned for TV/film as well!! I can't wait :-)

... an enthralling new series set amid the shifting dynamics of a Southern family defined by wealth and privilege—and compromised by secrets, deceit, and scandal....

RELEASE DATE: July 28, 2015
Amy (Foxy)
TWO POINT SEVEN-FIVE STARS

Well, I'm not sure if my lack of 'loving' this book is because I listened to it instead of reading it or if this book just didn't grab my attention. Either way I did listen to all 13 hours of it because I'm OCD like that. *lol*

In true Ward form - she created an interesting secondary story lines that will most likely have me reading the future books in the series to see what happens.

The Bourbon Kings reads like a 1980's night-time soap opera set in modern times. As a ch
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

Be forewarned. This review????

For approximately 152,847 years my GR friends have been trying to get me to read The Black Dagger Brotherhood series. Since I am terrified of all of my friends here I’ve stayed far far away so they won’t hurt me if I hate it (I have already failed them once with Darkfever). This one popped up on the library’s “recommended you to since it’s been a minute since you read some trash” window and I took the bai
♥Rachel♥
Jul 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, mystery
4.5 stars.

If I had to use one word to describe The Bourbon Kings it would be: addictive. The story centers on the Brandford/Baldwine family, who are old-money rich and Kentucky’s equivalent to royalty. I think the comparisons to the nighttime soaps of the 80’s like Dynasty and Dallas are apt, because each chapter ends on a hook so that I felt completely compelled to keep going to find out what happened next!

Jonathan Tulane Baldwine or Lane, as he’s nicknamed, fell hard for Lizzie King, head hor
~IreneOust~
I am done. I am also sleep deprived, emotionally drained AND nursing ONE HELL OF A BOOK HANGOVER but I REGRET NOTHING!!

I don't have much to add to the stuff I said in my 'half way thoughts' below but I'll say this:

This book ... THIS BOOK! It is so opulent! So full of lies, deceit and love connections that are so beautiful and heartbreaking at times. The plot kept me on the edge of my seat and the ending/preview of what's to come is making me want to get my hands on the sequel IMMEDIATELY!

The ev
Shawna
1 – Big Disappointment stars

-Uber annoying audiobook narrator
-Over-the-top
-Melodramatic
-Dynasty/Dallas-esque soap opera theatrics
-Appalling, annoying characters
-What happened to the ‘romance’?
-Too many characters and multiple POVs to keep up with
-Dissatisfying, unresolved, abrupt ending
Naoms
Originally Posted at:Confessions of an Opinionated Book Geek

Loudly, before a single note about the book, the synopsis for The Bourbon Kings says “from the author of The Black Dagger Brotherhood series” and I get it. BDB is a popular series of 13 published books, a spin-off on the way and a rabid fandom that included myself. But, the truth of the matter is that fans of BDB this book was not written for us.

The Bourbon Kings reminds me of that TV show from the 80s that my grandmother and mom used t
Vilma Iris
Jun 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Scandalous, sexy, suspenseful and unputdownable.

Southern opulence, closeted scandals, feuding families, dysfunctional romance, and a bourbon empire on the cusp of collapse. This is the backdrop of the fantastically captivating and vividly depicted world imagined by USA Today and New York Times bestselling author JR Ward in her latest novel, The Bourbon Kings. In this sweeping, soap opera like drama, Ward introduces us to the Bradford family… the kings of bourbon. For generations, the Bradfords h
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Oct 30, 2014 rated it really liked it

41/2 stars

The Bourbon Kings was reminiscent of a sweeping, indulgent Southern aristocratic soap opera with all the drama, lies, deceit and double-crossing on hand…and oh the grandeur of it all!

“What exactly do you want from me.”
“Anything you’ll give me.”

This really did have the feel of one of those opulent and addictive melodramatic soap operas we loved from the 80′s so it’s no surprise to hear this has already been optioned for a TV Series. We can just see this playing out on the small screen
Gavin
Apr 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
As a fan of J.R.Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood and Fallen Angels series I was not all that excited by the prospect of reading The Bourbon Kings. Mainly because I'm not a great fan of the contemporary romance/drama genre. I'm glad I ended up giving this a chance as it turned out to be a fantastic read. Almost as good as the BDB series and probably better than the FA books.

This had the feel of a prime time soap opera. It focused on the lives of the wealthy, but incredibly dysfunctional, Bradford
S.M. West
5 No. 15 STARS

GAH!!! I picked a winner to pop both my audio book and JR Ward cherry!

This was a phenomenal saga that takes place in Charlemont, Kentucky with all of its Southern ways. I easily got wrapped up in the Bradford family with their old world money, Bourbon dynasty and their many troubles and travails. There was scheming, mayhem and ruthless struggles for power and greed at the heart of it. Amidst all of this are stories of loves lost, stalled or only dreamed of with wonderfully flawed,
Alex is The Romance Fox
Well, JR Ward does it again!!!

Whether you like it, love it or hate it…..there’s no denying that it will have people talking and discussing her latest book, The Bourbon Kings!!! Oh,

I think the book title is totally brilliant!!!! Sexy, mysterious and so totally delicious!!!

So what category do I fall into? Well, let’s just say that it’s between I liked it and I loved it!!

Being an undying fan of the Black Dagger Brotherhood Series, I was keen to find out what the author could do with a modern day v
Mandi Schreiner
May 06, 2015 rated it liked it
Initial thoughts:

This is more of fiction than a straight-up romance book. While there is a central love story between Lane and Lizze, the story really revolves around Lane's wealthy family, including his brother Edward and sister Gin- they have as much page time as he does. There is also a mysterious brother named Max.

It is very much a southern soap opera - everyone has secrets, and the overall story deals with their father and his very dark secrets he has been keeping from the family.

No sex sc
Alessandra Torre
Oct 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this! Such a rich setting for a novel, with a super-interesting cast of characters -- I loved everything about this book... except the cliffhanger. It's not a terrible cliffhanger... but the book def ends mid-story.

Note: I listened to it in audiobook format, and the narrator has the greatest Kentucky accent -- I highly recommend the audiobook!
Sophia Triad
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
"Come on. I know you want me."
Jan 04, 2015 marked it as to-read
This....is me....right now.....

Cyndi
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Good Lord! Where do I start? First of all if you couldn't wait for the next episode of Dallas or Falcon's Crest, you will love this book.
William Baldwine makes J.R. Ewing look like a choir boy. As the story unfolds he just gets more and more evil. Unfortunately he's the father of the current generation and he has damaged them emotionally and physically.
Since Ward is a genius I'm not surprised at how well developed the characters are. They are flawed and yearning for some kind of redemption.
AJ
Apr 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Epic romantic family drama

I’m a huge fan of JR Ward’s Black Dagger Brotherhood series, and have been so excited to see her jump from the paranormal world into contemporary, and she absolutely wowed me with this one. There are some hints of familiarity there, and I love that, but the writing also feels different without the slang and ‘Wardisms’ that pepper her other work. She has written a sweeping family saga that is full of drama, intrigue and romance, featuring deliciously dysfunctio
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Oct 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015

✯✯✯✯1/2 addictive stars!

“What exactly do you want from me.”
“Anything you’ll give me.”

★★★
During an interview with Entertainment Weekly, J.R. Ward discussed her new contemporary novel The Bourbon Kings. I enjoy reading author interviews anytime I can in order to gain some insight into their thought processes while writing. With a book like The Bourbon Kings, I really wanted to know what was going on, especially in light of this being the first contemporary under J.R. Ward's name. You can find the full interview at this website. Here's a blurb:
EW: What is the new series about?
J.
FMABookReviews
Listened to the audio book and loved it

I was on the hold list for an eBook of The Bourbon Kings from my library. But, I purchased it from Audible’s Deal of the Day so I started listening to it. When my eBook came in from the library I was at about 70% of the way through listening and chose to not read it. I didn’t want to stop listening to the audio book.

There was intrigue, romance, multiple characters with messed up lives, which lead to drama. I am not sure this family could be more of a mess,
Jen
Nov 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobooks
I love J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series, so the fact that she was starting a new series was exciting to me. After reading Irene's review last month full of love and enthusiasm for The Bourbon Kings, I immediately put this audiobook on hold at my library. Finally it came in and in true J.R. Ward fashion, this book is full of multiple stories that are intricately woven together to make one lively fantastic story full of emotion and drama. Not only do we have the story about the main ch ...more
The Potterotics: J.R. Ward's The Bourbon Kings 1 10 Nov 02, 2017 07:47PM
X's & O's Romance...: The Bourbon Kings- BOTM Sept 2017 2 5 Sep 07, 2017 01:00PM
The Bourbon Kings TV Series 5 147 Apr 13, 2016 02:04PM
Play Book Tag: The Bourbon Kings by J.R. Ward -- 3 reluctant stars 35 32 Apr 11, 2016 04:12PM
The Challenge Fac...: Angie & Elena - The Bourbon Kings 20 11 Apr 08, 2016 10:56PM
Delirity: The Bourbon Kings- J. Ward 12 9 Feb 07, 2016 09:35PM
Paranormal Romanc...: Jan 2016 Adult BOTM: The Bourbon Kinds 5 35 Jan 02, 2016 06:29AM
  • The Hotter You Burn (The Original Heartbreakers, #2)
  • The Billionaire Next Door
  • Autumn Killing
  • Crash & Burn (Cut & Run, #9)
  • The Master (The Game Maker, #2)
  • Never Marry a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #3)
  • The Bourbon Thief
  • Deeper Than Dreams (Love & Steel, #1.5)
  • Bound by Night (MoonBound Clan Vampire, #1)
  • The Traveling Woman (Traveling, #2)
  • Lord of Desire (The Risande Family, #1)
  • Midnight Soul (Fantasyland, #5)
  • Caged (Mastered, #4)
  • Dirty Promises (Dirty Angels, #3)
  • Hell Breaks Loose (Devil's Rock, #2)
  • Commitment
  • Opening Up (Ink & Chrome, #1)
  • Love According to Lily (American Heiresses, #4)
J.R. Ward is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of numerous novels, including the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. She lives in the South her family.
More about J.R. Ward

The Bourbon Kings (3 books)
  • The Angels' Share (The Bourbon Kings, #2)
  • Devil's Cut (The Bourbon Kings, #3)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Cowboy Bold (Longhorn Canyon, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • The Love Letter
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Provocative (White Lies Duet, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
“You’re the love of my life, whether you’re with me or not.” 16 likes
“I’m prepared to be a very patient man when it comes to you. I will seduce you for however long it takes – give you space if you need it or follow you tight as sunshine on your shoulder if you’ll let me.” His eyes locked on hers. “I lost my chance with you once, Lizzie King – that is not going to happen again.” 13 likes