Start by marking “Mistletoe in the City” as Want to Read:
Mistletoe in the City

Mistletoe in the City

Krista Hartley never expected the unrequited love of her life, the irresistible Derek Weston, to work as the groundskeeper at the apartment building she just moved into. They barely spoke in high school but now, three years after graduation, they tore at each other’s clothes and jumped into bed together at every opportunity. After all, how could a hot-blooded woman say no ...more
Published November 7th 2014 by Books to Go Now

To ask other readers questions about Mistletoe in the City, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mistletoe in the City

Start your review of Mistletoe in the City
P.S. Winn
Jan 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a modern romance and an enjoyable read. When Krista Hartley gets a new apartment she finds a man she knew in high school is the maintenance man, Derek Weston is also a man she definitely wants to get to know better. Of course there are a few problems, like any relationship. I like the writing style by this author and although the book is short it is a complete read and it looks like it is also a part of a series that readers of romance will enjoy. warning, this book is a bit explicit.
Gabri
Nov 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC for an honest review.

This is the third story in the Handmade for Christmas Series, which comprises both Jennifer Conner's Ten Minutes for Christmas and Natalie-Nicole Bates's Forget Me Not Christmas as well. With the Christmas season already knocking at our door, Amber Daulton's novella Mistletoe in the City was bound to catch my eye. And I was right, it is the perfect read to chill down some after all the turmoil during your Christmas dinner.

Krista Hartley is only 21 and alre
Robin Morgan
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-own-books
I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

This is the second book I’ve read by this author, the first being “Lightning Over Bennett Ranch.” And once again I enjoyed the briefness of the author’s writing where she basically removes all of the fluff which is contained in basically everything we read.

What does a young woman of 21, Krista, do after she’s forced to move back into her parent’s home after the explosive end of the relationship she had with her now ex-
Jillyn
Nov 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
This short novella is a great little dash of hot holiday romance. It manages to squeeze in a whole buncha (professional term) emotions into its small bundle, and works perfectly in the short story format.

I really liked both of the main characters, Krista and Derek, but I'd be lying if I didn't say that Derek was largely the reason why I enjoyed this story. He is just how I like my men: tattooed, pierced, and a bit rough around the edges. I don't blame Krista for crushing on him in school, nor fo
Victoria
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
MISTLETOE IN THE CITY IS BOOK 3 IN THE HANDMADE FOR CHRISTMAS SERIES. WE MEET KRISTA WHO IS 21 YEARS OLD AND WHO JUST BROKE UP WITH HER CHEATING BOYFRIEND. KRISTA IS LOOKING FOR A PLACE TO LIVE SO SHE CAN BE INDEPENDENT AND MOVE OUT OF HER PARENT'S HOME. DEREK IS A GROUNDSKEEPER OF THE APARTMENT BUILDING SHE MOVES INTO. KRISTA AND DEREK BOTH HAD CRUSHES ON EACH OTHER IN HIGH SCHOOL BUT WERE TOO SHY TO SPEAK TO THE OTHER. DEREK WILL NOT LET HIS DREAM GIRL DISAPPEAR AGAIN. WILL THIS BE A CHANCE AT ...more
Gsd1985
Dec 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amber Daulton continues to impress me as a romance author. Her stories are always enjoyable and her easy to follow writing style makes it easy to keep coming back. Mistletoe In the City is one of those stories where the main characters knew of each other previously and end up together in the end. It’s a quick read, but is well plotted, well paced and has strong, relatable characters.

It’s Christmas time and Krista has found herself a new place to live after staying with her folks for some time on
Emily
Nov 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: z4-2015-read
I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

Krista and Derek knew each other in high school, but they never really talked to each other. Both characters observed and fantasized about being with each other from a distance.

Now that they are older, and hopefully more mature, both Krista and Derek find that the spark they felt for each other still remains. As fate would have it, Krista moves into the apartment complex Derek's Mom owns, and Derek is the maintenance guy.

Through a
Amo & Sarah &
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mistletoe in the city by Amber Daulton

Reviewed for Amo and Sarah's Book Corner.

This is my third book of Amber Daultons and it was fantastic. I really like Krista and Derek. This, like the others is a short sweet novella with lashings of instalove, I'm in heaven!

Krista and Derek knew each other in high school but were both too shy and insecure in their own skin to act on it - until one day 7 years later Krista goes to see about an apartment that his mother runs, yes you guessed it but things don
Ashley Nemer
Dec 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-reviewed
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I have read a few of Ms. Daulton's stories and this book is no different. It lives up her easy to follow and enjoyable style of writing.

This time of year people enjoy those books that give you the happy ending and make you feel all warm and fuzzy and this book gave me that. I smiled more than a few times while reading Krista and Derek's little love affair.

I would have liked to see this story a bit longer so I could have gotten to kn
J.R. Wirth
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A New Adult holiday gem: Mistletoe in the City.
Author, Amber Daulton, brings to life a love story that everyone can relate to, and I think I may have had. It’s the holiday season, but all young, Krista Hartley wants for Christmas is a place of her own, away from her parents’ home and rule. She finds a great apartment within her means and in a decent area. What she didn’t expect to find was Derek and high school crush that she stayed away from due to his smooth talking, philandering ways. Well,
Rebecca Austin
Aug 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Krista Hartley is 21 years old and trying to find a place to live after having to move back in with her parents after her boyfriend cheated on her. She is looking at an apartment when she sees Derek Weston, the boy who was her unrequited love of her life in high school.

Derek has feelings for Krista too, but will Krista's insecurities get in the way of a relationship with Derek? When another woman gossips to Krista she loses it but Derek's drinking away his sorrow may cost him any chance at getti
Stacy
Aug 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of contemporary romance
Recommended to Stacy by: Amber Daulton
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review. Amber Daulton has a style of writing that is easy to read and the characters are very relatable. This is a short, easy read that will leave you smiling. Krista and Derrick were high school classmates, each crushing on the other and neither one of them acting on it. Fast forward several years later and Krista and Derrick cross paths again, only this time they both know what they missed out on in high school. Krista is coming off a break up w ...more
Rhonda Campbell
Jan 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
A good holiday read. Krista and Derek both had secret crushes on each other in high school. After three years they meet again. Is it fate, luck, or a Christmas miracle? When they finally get a second chance, can they make it work or will they destroy it? I really liked the story and the characters. My only problem is Krista overreacted to a situation that doesn't call for it, but then when she has a reason she allows it to be brushed off to easily. Other than that, this would've been a 5* short ...more
Tammy Tate
Nov 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Krista and Derek liked each other in high school but they were too shy to let each other know. It would've been a shame if their paths had never crossed again, but they did cross, so they got a second chance.

Even though they were both young and insecure in their own ways, it was refreshing to watch how they matured when they were forced to deal with misunderstandings and heartfelt situations.

This was a good story and well laid out!
Lisa
Jun 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
A short, but sweet story and perfect for a light read. Amber does a great job of setting up a nice back story for her characters. From the start you know what type of characters you're dealing with as well as their struggles. I find in endearing when characters have to over come shyness, doubts and misunderstandings before they can fully connect with the ones they love. Amber once again gives us a heartwarming HEA ending! Thank you for another truly delightful and enjoyable read Ms. Daulton!
Judy Moore
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Krista has recently broken up with a cheating boyfriend and needs a new apartment. Little does she know that the apartment she falls in love with is owned by the mother of the boy she secretly lusted after in high school -- who now lives at the complex and does maintenance work. Krista doesn't know if she can handle living at the same apartment complex as her unrequited high school crush. But when she finally sees him, he has some surprises for her. A nice Christmas romance.
Jordan
Sep 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book! I thought Krista was a very engaging character and it was easy to imagine her as an actual person. She was very relatable and she had flaws, which was refreshing to see.

The only complaint that I would have is that I feel the relationship was very quick. Since they knew each other in high school, I can see why it would develop fast but it felt a little too fast to me.

Other than that, I was pleased with this book and I can't wait to read more from Amber!
Amy Garrett
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Christmas is a time for miracles, and miracles sometimes come in the form of second chances. Krista and Derek are great together, and are so realistic they will definitely remind you of someone you know. This story would be great to read next to a crackling fire with a cup of hot cocoa or a glass of red wine!
Josette Reuel
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by Amber Daulton and I can't wait to read more.

My only complaint about this book was that it wasn't long enough. I really wanted more about these two characters and their relationship. It was well written and fun to read. A great holiday themed read.
Nappunkkomah Lim
Feb 17, 2016
Michelle
Jan 11, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: all-books, holiday, kindle
Juvenile, whiny hero and heroine. Felt like I was reading about teenagers.
Sassy Beta Reading & Review
Dec 11, 2019
Mary Ann
Aug 29, 2017
Amber Daulton
Oct 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Rita
Dec 04, 2014

• Forget Me Not Christmas (Handmade for Christmas Book 2)
  • Ten Minutes for Christmas
  • Promiscuous Christmas
  • The Boss Who Stole Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #1)
  • Twelve Days of Christmas
  • The One Night Stand Before Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #3)
  • If You Give A Jerk A Gingerbread (Reindeer Falls, #2)
  • Her Christmas Rogue
  • A Country Christmas
  • Christmas Brides
  • Eve's Christmas Wedding
  • The Christmas Makeover - A Short Story
  • Dashing Through the Snow
  • Kissing the Duke of Hearts (His Majesty's Hounds #10)
  • El regreso de Kris Kringle
  • The North Pole Prize
  • Mrs. Saint Nick
  • Rogues Rush In
Amber Daulton is the author of the romantic-suspense series Arresting Onyx and several standalone novellas. Her books are published through The Wild Rose Press and Books to Go Now, and are available in ebook, print on demand, audio, and foreign language formats.
Amber lives in North Carolina with her husband and demanding cats. Feel free to visit her at http://www.amberdaultonauthor.blogspo....