Start by marking “The Hurricane (The Hurricane, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Hurricane (The Hurricane, #1)

The Hurricane

(The Hurricane #1)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  14,450 ratings  ·  1,304 reviews
Emily McCarthy is living in fear of a dark and dangerous past. A gifted mathematician, she is little more than a hollow, broken shell, trying desperately to make ends meet long enough to finish her degree.

Through an unlikely friendship with the aging, cantankerous owner of an old boxing gym, Em is thrown into the path of the most dangerous man that she has ever met.

Cormac
Published February 16th 2015 (first published February 10th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Hurricane, please sign up.

·  14,450 ratings  ·  1,304 reviews

Start your review of The Hurricane (The Hurricane, #1)
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
3-3.5 Stars

So after finally finding the energy to sit down and write this review, because HOT outside - And lazy, verra lazy - this is pretty much all that comes to mind...

description

For realz though, I finished this four days ago and I've pretty much forgotten this entire book.

It's like a blank space.

description

And the second I put it down?

description

I pretty much forgot about it.

So there's that...

description

I DO remember it being very sweet though.

description

Just not that particularly memorable for me, I guess.
Dilek VT
Such a great love story!

The books, HURRICANE & AFTERMATH tell the story of two amazing characters: Emily and Cormac O’Connell.

Both books are 5 stars out of 4,5 for me.

Emily and Cormac both had a tormenting childhood. Both were the victims of their parents.

Cormac still has to deal with his alcoholic mother whereas Emily had to run away from home by changing her identity.

Emily is now a maths student at university and Cormac is a boxer.

Actually, they are both fighters in their own way.

Their sto
Giorgia ~ Reads
2 stars

I gave this 4 stars last time and after an attempted re-read I’m baffled at myself.

The heroine is kinda awful and it’s pretty obvious from the first few pages.

Pretty much every girl that is not her friend is a slut. The way she describes every woman who approaches or talks to any of her guy friends or her love interest is infuriating. I felt like slapping some reality check into her. She’s a victim of abuse but that doesn’t excuse her being a shitty woman.

Literally, every guy in the
Katie
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5+++ safe is boring stars

What I loved ❤
-The main characters Emily and O'Connell were literally the most adorable book couple ever. Both broken in thier own ways and yet, they were just what eachother needed to be whole again.

"For some crazy reason, O'Connell had chosen me, and like the hurricane that he was, he'd blown into my life whether I was ready for him or not"

-I loved Emily's nickname in the book- sunshine. It wasn't some stupid pet name that most of our heroines are unfortunately called
Pam
May 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Pam by: Stacey is Sassy
3.75 sweet reward stars

Emily has never known what it meant to have a place called home or what it means to calls someone family. She’s never had the love, care and safety of family and friends…until a grumpy old man invites her to get to know his.
I’d been so caught up in surviving and staying free, that I’d forgotten that freedom was a state of mind

Cormac “the Hurricane” O’Connell is one that is feared by all. He’s big, tatted and dangerous…he’s everything that should make Emily wan
Boo
Feb 25, 2015 rated it did not like it
This is very badly written.

"My name is Emily and I'm always afraid."

"My name is O'Connell or Con or Cormac, I can't quite remember."

"I'm afraid of you."

"DON'T YOU DARE BE AFRAID OF ME!!!!!"

"Huh, I'm cured. Let's be friends."

"Sure thing. You sure you don't wanna fuck though?"

"I can't. I'm an abused person."

"What about if I intimidate any guy that looks at you. Feel better?"

"Actually, despite your behaviour being only slightly less controlling than my insane step-father's... yeah, I do."

"Excellent
Cristina
Dec 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fighting-men
UPDATE: If you've read and loved this book then you should know it's a nominee in the Final Round of Goodreads Choice Awards, the Best Debut Goodreads Author section. Want to vote? Then click HERE.

Yes I did :D

This was such a great love story! I haven't read one like it in a while. The story was not something new. Broken girl meats bad boy fighter. Boy starts changing so he's worthy of her. Girl starts living her life and putting herself back together.

What I really enjoyed was how well wr
* Meli Mel *

♥ ♥ ♥ 4.25 STARS ♥ ♥ ♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“A champion is someone who gets up when they can’t.” - Jack Dempsey

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Emily's life has been anything but ideal. Her past has left her deeply scarred and with a fear that the man that caused her so much horrific pain will find her again. Despite her being an introvert and highly skittish because of those events, she is determined to make something of her future. She excel
Denna
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WOW..... I'm not even sure how to start this review. I've very behind with this book as most of my friends on here have already read it so I'm not sure how in the world I missed this beauty! I FUCKING loved this book. I thought it was absolutely amazing. I loved both Cormac and Em I thought their relationship was beautiful. I absolutely loved the way he loved her it was so sweet! I love books about fighters I am always a lil worried because in a lot of books with fighters they are major manwhore ...more
Brit
I'm definitely fan-girling by this book

Review Blitz Monday February 16th, 2015 on Beyondboyfriendreviews blog & facebook ➜ http://tinyurl.com/lb8fl95

Facebook:
/rjprescottauthor
Website: rjprescott.com
Twitter: @rjprescottauth

Advance Readers Copy (ARC) provided for my blog for an honest review. Thank you to the lovely author who provided me with this lovely debut novel of hers.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Title: The Hurricane
Author: R.J. Prescott
Pages: 300
Genre: Contemporary Sports Romance
Age Group: New A
Snow
May 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 "Hurricane" stars

oh, boy; oh, boy...I'm in trouble with this one, he's a fighter and he's Irish...
you don't find them like that anymore... :)

“A champion is someone who gets up when they can’t.- Jack Dempsey.”

Working class shitty family a young man – boxer Cormac “The Hurricane” O’Connell finds his purpose and meaning in life by meeting Emily McCarthy (Emily Thomas) – young college student running from her even more shittier past and hiding herself behind her own shadow…

They are changing ea
✿kawehi.reviews
Oct 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
☆ I received an ARC via Xpresso Book Tours in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! ☆

10500378 447827985381358 7432967827982955470 n

10951360 447828555381301 7051744476914767575 n

description

Emily McCarthy abides by two rules in her life. Keep your head down. And by no means, make any sort of contact or involvement with anyone.

She lives a meager life, running from a haunted past, paying her way through school while living in a small apartment and just trying to make it by.

“I didn’t need a white knight to swoop in and save me from my crappy life. I was just fine saving myself.”

Cormac "Con" “O
Talia (Red Hot Ink)
5 "I want me an O'Connell under the Christmas tree" stars.

I admit I picked up this book because it was listed in with the possible winners for the 2015 readers' choice awards. That should have warned me that I'd fall for it and its characters.
At first, it didn't really sweep me off my feet, because their first meeting was so normal... but that's the thing with this book. You won't read about crazy love gestures, romantic dinners in swanky places, or extravagancies. Emily and O'Connell don't need
Olga therebelreader
3.5 ~ 4 stars

This was an okay read on the whole. I didn't dislike it at all, but I don't see myself re-reading it.

Cormac O’Connell is a fighter. He is rough, raw and cocky. He’s been a player with women but when he meets sweet, introvert Emily he has eyes only for her. Emily studies in college and works hard in order to make a living. She lives isolated from her friends and in fear of being stalked and attacked by her stepfather who used to physically and sexually abuse her as a teen, in front o
Sara
This was such a good book, I’m in love with Cormac & Emily. Both of the characters were broken but Cormac has his family & close friends, Emily had no one. Soon she is offered a job at the gym, she takes it and then meets Cormac and his friends. They all like her right away and treat her like family!

Danny has to be my favourite, he was the man who all the boys looked up to. He is a dad role model, he trained the boys hard and got them to where they are today. He met Emily at a cafe and offered h
Barbara➰
May 2017 Another reread. I absolutely adore this book. Cormac is at the top of my favorite hero shelf. Even though we only get his POV in the prologue and epilogue, you know he loves Em with all his heart.

Reread September 2016

This is one of my all time favorite LOVE stories and I think Cormac is at the top of my favorite hero list. He is absolutely perfect and I can just feel the love he has for Emily. It just gives me goosebumps and all the good feels. I know this will be a book I reread over
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews

Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews

Nichole's Sizzling Reviews

Sizzling Pages @ Facebook

Twitter:@Sizzlingpages

Email: sizzlingpages@gmail.com

oh my gosh perfection!

When a person reads so much like I do, that the books tend to get all mixed up in their heads..it’s just frustrating. I find myself looking for books that stand out..that grab me and that keep me in their clutches so that when it ends I am breathless and can’t stop thinking about them. I can honestly say that having read thousands of books
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
★Book Basics★

Genre : - Cont Romance
Series : - Stand Alone
Love triangle? - (view spoiler)
Cheating? - (view spoiler)
HEA? - (view spoiler)
Would I read more by this author/or in this series? - Yes
Rating - 3.5 stars.(rounded up to 4)

★Review★

I had been seeing a lot about this book on the boards and it was getting good reviews.

And while I did enjoy it, I did not love it.

It started off good, I liked both main charact
Lyn❤Loves❤Listening #AUDIOBOOKADDICT
Dnf @ 46%

Give me a break!

The H and h admit feelings for one another. They discuss a future together. They have hot and heavy make out sessions together. They even cuddle up in bed together. He is all about claiming her and being hers. All that and the heroine is still saying "He's not my man. We're just friends "! Bitch, please! 🙄🙄🙄 You don't deserve him! 🤬
Anna
Mar 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
“A champion is someone who gets up when they can’t.”

Kirsten
Apr 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5-4 Sunshine stars

photo image.jpg1_zpsbll2jero.jpg

The Hurricane is about strength, and finding yourself and family.

Emily McCarthy's life is fear-driven. After escaping the clutches of her extremely abusive stepfather, she is now trying to get on with her life, yet constantly looking over her shoulder. With a name change and some distance, she hopes he will not come searching for her.

She basically spends all her time either attending and studying for school, or working at a diner close by. She mainly keeps to herself, e
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️

Blog Review: http://sweptawaybyromance.com/review-...

4 Fighting for Love Stars!!!

The Hurricane begins with Emily a university student working as a waitress in a diner, and very obviously trying hard not to be noticed. She’s running from her horrific past and trying to stay free, so she keeps her head down, rarely makes eye contact, and never makes acquaintances. But that all changes when she befriends a cranky old man she waits on daily, then one day in walks a scary handsome man who she sh
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Book – The Hurricane
Author – RJ Prescott
Publication Date – February 16, 2015
Genre – New Adult Romance
Type – Stand Alone
Cliffhanger - No
Rating – 4.25 out of 5 Stars

Complimentary Copy generously provided for a Blog Tour in exchange for an honest review.

My Thoughts - Story
This was such a great story – I found myself wrapped up in it – how Emily fought her past demons to live a full life.  I fell in love with Con and his conviction to protect Em and have her as his. You don’t find many men li
Stacey is Sassy
I've been proven wrong again...

The following review is slightly spoilerish, so proceed with caution.

The Hurricane was a wonderful story that left me satisfied. At the beginning of 2015 if you had asked me if I liked New Adult stories, I would have answered with a resounding NO. Within the last couple of months I have been proven wrong. The quality has either changed or my attitude...let's go with quality. I no longer roll my eyes with frustration at the stupidity of heroines who walk into danger
Jayme
After reading it again, I still give it a five stars. Simply beautiful, touching story about the fighter and the wounded girl. Therefore decide to little refresh the review.

Reading this book I had a variety of emotional states. Beginning absolutely fantastic. In the middle I feel a little lost. Then again, it was very good. So how can I rating a book like that? I decided to do it through the prism of history which is absolutely beautiful.

Emily suffered a lot in life. Chased by shadows of the pas
Bev
Oh man I bloody LOVED this book. Straight on to my 2015 favourites shelf. I experienced such a range of emotions whilst inhaling reading this, from tittering to tears to outright belly laughs to totally swooning at Con. Did he ever work to win his girl.

"Well I'm only gonna have one life, so I might as well spend it with someone I love everything about" See - swoon-worthy.

There was not a single thing that I did not love about O'Connell. He was alpha, protective, possessive, caring and so head o
♡Tonya♡
audio re-read 2/15-2/17 2017

Loved this the first time and loved it again. I will say the one part with the ow-(view spoiler) would have kept this from being 5 stars for me now, but I don't change stars. I do love Cormac and Emily. I also forgot how much of a skank some of the other guys were (Kieran's story comes out soon )

kinda wrong that I had to repurchase t
Nicla
Just did a re-read and still love it just as much. Con & Em are one of my all time favorite couples.

## Original review 1st March 2015 ##

Loved it! A standout read. Unforgettable characters including the secondary characters. I loved reading about these characters and also watching O'Connell & Emily's relationship unfold. It was such a sweet, sexy and beautiful love story.

Note: The book does deal with some heaving issues (view spoiler)
Jen
Review to Come, but I will say that I quite enjoyed this one. It is on the sweeter side; yet it has an edge to it as well. I am glad I gave it a chance and I look forward to the next book in this series!
Alpha males/protective 4 95 Jul 14, 2015 04:26PM

• Down and Out (Knockout Love #1)
  • Consumed (Consumed, #1)
  • Defying the Odds (Battered Hearts, #1)
  • Until November (Until, #1)
  • Hammer's Fall (Breakers' Bad Boys #1)
  • The Strongest Steel (Second Circle Tattoos, #1)
  • Fighting for Flight (Fighting, #1)
  • Saving Ella (Mercy's Angels, #1)
  • Lev (Shot Callers, #1)
  • Dominic (Slater Brothers, #1)
  • Written on my Heart
  • Unraveling (Second Chances, #1)
  • Until Alex
  • Until Nico (Until, #4)
  • Maybe This Time (Maybe, #1)
  • Dare (Brothers of Ink and Steel #1)
  • Tell Me When (Lost in You, #1)
  • Sweet Home (Sweet Home, #1)

The Hurricane (4 books)
  • The Aftermath (The Hurricane, #2)
  • The Storm (The Hurricane, #3)
  • The Fire (The Hurricane, #4)