Start by marking “Painting Kisses” as Want to Read:
Painting Kisses

Painting Kisses

Lia Carswell is good at what she does—even if it isn’t as glamorous as her old life in Manhattan. The popular waitress works hard in a small Salt Lake City diner, with the goal of easing her sister’s financial strain. And with her witty personality and good looks, she’s something of an enigma to the male customers who vie for her attention. Ever the professional, Lia keeps

Published October 1st 2014 by Covenant Communications

To ask other readers questions about Painting Kisses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Painting Kisses

Start your review of Painting Kisses
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
99c Kindle sale, 1/22/2017.

Sometimes I'm in the mood to read something that's, shall we say, less demanding. Some of my GR friends call these books "palate cleansers." My palate cleansers of choice are romances, just for all the feelz. Melanie Jacobson writes delightful, clean, funny romances with intelligent characters who have just the right amount of snark in them.

Painting Kisses is less humorous than her other books, but a little deeper. The main character, Lia, is an artist who was once
Jacob Proffitt
May 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chaste, romance
1/22/17 Covenant currently has this for $0.99 for the Kindle version. This is unheard of from them and I'd definitely encourage taking advantage.

This was a pleasant surprise. I've been enjoying something of a Jacobson jag, lately, and this is the last on my pile. What a treat to end with! It's pretty different from her other books, with less humor and more heart, but I loved both protagonists so much I had a really hard time putting it down.

Lia is prickly, so I didn't warm to her right away. It
Melanie Jacobson
Aug 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
So Aidan, the guy in this book? Super hot. Just sayin'. I think you guys will dig him. Oh, and I guess there's a meaningful exploration that the main character Lia does of the meaning of art and expression and whatnot. But really, let's get to the point. Aidan=hot.
Amy
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fabulous! Kept me up til almost midnight - yikes, but so worth it!

Thoroughly engaging and even though I figured out what was going to be the deal with both Griff & Aidan pretty early on - it didn’t have that annoying sense of predicability that happens sometimes. It somehow didn’t matter that I guessed it, it just worked.

Great characters all around, well written though I am not a huge fan of ‘insta endings’ (I’m an epilogue kinda girl) it was a great one at that!
Tressa (Wishful Endings)
Oct 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, book-tours
You can find the original tour post here.

Melanie Jacobson is one of my favorite authors. Her books tend to have some fabulous dialogue and wit that always endears me to them as well as her characters. Painting Kisses is no exception. It is definitely a story I will re-read in the future.

I will say it is one of her heavier stories. There aren't the usual laugh-out-loud moments that some of her other books are filled with, but I appreciated seeing a different side of this author. Her characters
Jul 08, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
3 1/2 stars--I enjoyed this story, but not as much as some of her other novels. It was a sweet, fun & clean read. After hiding away for the years since her divorce, Lia finally has some major decisions to make. Gifts from a secret admirer seem to make the decisions harder, not easier!

**possible spoilers: I liked that Lia was willing to help her sister out. What a great way to give. I love the way she interacted with the guys at the diner. It made me lover her character. Her attitude however,
Valerie Waters
Oct 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Awww. Swoon. That's all.

I LOVED this book. I have waited so long to read it. I finally just broke down and bought it. So glad I did. I loved aiden. He was a great character. I just wish there was an epilogue.
Tiffany
Aug 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! This is this author's first non-LDS book published with Covenant (but still just as clean). I loved the characters and the focus on the MC's growth. And of course you know I loved the love story! I loved the banter between the MC's, the snark and wit made me laugh several times. I loved diving into the art world, I can't imagine how much research it took to create such a realistic and vivid picture of Lia's world. And Aidan, can't say too much there, but yup, he's hot. Great ...more
Katie W
Aug 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Lia is a snarky waitress at a roadside diner in Utah. She has walls built up around herself and it's for a good reason. She is very gruff, yet consistent, with the customers in the diner and they come to rely on her for that stability.Her sister and niece live with her and they work hard to make ends meet. Lia likes her job and is good at it--she's also good at avoiding the teasing and advances of the men who frequent the diner. She doesn't want to give out any personal information about ...more
Amy
Apr 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Because sometimes you need sappy romance.
Predictable? Maybe.
Delightful? Yes.
Heaving bodices? No.
Kissing? Yes.
Sex? No.
Awkward kissing? Yes.
Get it good kissing? Yes.
More to the plot than kissing? Yes.
Cringing because we all need to communicate better? Yes. --but then where would the chase be?
Read it in a day? Yes.
Book sugar. It's a thing and it's perfectly fine to indulge every now and then.
Mindy
Oct 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book is darling. I instantly liked Lia. Her spunk and attitude were my favorite things about her. I loved how the author gradually introduced us to her life, not spilling all her secrets out in the first chapter. I appreciated Lia even more, getting to know her and those around her, and what she especially has gone through. I also loved the men in her life. As much as she didn't want them around at first, they came anyway. Aidan and Griff kept me guessing, I suspected something early about ...more
Sandy
Feb 06, 2019 rated it liked it
A nice quick read.
I had a hard time with the whole idea that a 4 year olds entire life could be ruined if she didn't get into the Uber expensive elite preschool. Otherwise it was a fun story with interesting characters.
Julie
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the story, and the descriptions used about painting and art. I am not an artist but I could relate to her feelings about her work and the emotions she felt. It kept me interested in the relationships that developed between the characters.
Kathryn Cooper
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Audio book. I loved this sweet romance!
Sara Cardon
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really liked this story about Lia, an artist who hasn't painted in awhile. The banter at the diner is cute, and Aiden is persistent in asking Lia out in a sweet way. This is upbeat and fun, fun, fun.
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Oct 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook-for-review
I am a Melanie Jacobson fan. I admit it. I am. I love her books and I love her style of writing. She knows how to write a clean romance with humor and wit. Her books suck me in and I never want to put them down. This book was no exception. I've been wanting to read this book since I first saw it. Yay for the day when it popped up in my Deseret Bookshelf to read and review! I love book gifts sent to me through Deseret Bookshelf!!

Lia is such a likable character. I just love her. I love how she
Cindi
Feb 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Okay I hate that I lived this book so much! It was very cheesy romcom but I loved the description of the main character Lia as an artist. Just that feeling of something within trying to get out and not being able to until she could paint. I'm sure the same feeling comes to writers or other artists in their media but I just a loved that description. Plus this is one of the first books where I really hoped the guy and girl get together in the end! As a reader you are always supposed to hope for ...more
Jolene Perry
Spent my sick day reading the whole thing.
I loved that equal to the romantic relationship was the sister and niece relationship.
This book just made me happy, and the twists were fantastic, and the END....
Perfection.
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Not my favorite. Characters were hard to relate to. The preschool logic was ridiculous to me. Ending was abrupt and it felt unfinished to me — what ever happened about the paintings for the festival? Meh...
Donna
Oct 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: modern-romance
Beautiful

Hurt, hiding, healing hearts finding peace, hope and love through a beautiful journey. This is a sweet story romantically told through the eyes of an artist.
Erin
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
It was okay. Kinda silly, kinda cute, kinda frustrating with all the run-around she gave him. I honestly don’t know what guy would keep trying like he did after getting scolded and shooed off so many times. She was awfully prickly. She was also super critical about how he tried different approaches toward her. She wasn’t all that lovable or attractive, personality-wise. (The overly abbreviated backstory of her and Donovan made her more interesting, which was good though.) I laughed out loud when ...more
Becki
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
Rachael Dorronsoro
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was such a fun read and great book, Lia Carswell gave up her glamorous lifestyle as an artist in Manhattan. Lia is now a popular waitress and works hard in a small Salt Lake City diner, with the goal of easing her sister's financial strain. Lia keeps her distance, with one exception. Aidan, his gentle, clever teasing draws Lia's attention but Lia would never let their relationship get serious, especially since he's not the only one trying to catch her eye. Her handsome neighbor Griff has ...more
Becky
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lia Carswell is an Artist with a capital "A." She's not your average dabbler, no, she's an artiste! I got really tired of hearing how she paints what she feels and everyone who sees her paintings practically faints with admiration. She's the kind of painter that describes her artistic process like she's painting with angel feathers - the kind of artist that makes me want to throw something. I'm allergic to artists who act like what they do is something mystical and magical and not just putting ...more
Kristen
Oct 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, clean-read
3.5

I read this a week ago so I'll try to remember all my thoughts.

I enjoyed it. But from what I can remember I thought to much emphasis was put on her niece's preschool. Yeah, I'm sure a ton of kids would thrive in that kind of environment, but none of my kids have done preschool and they've all turned out great so far.

On a lighter note, I liked the two guys hitting on her (view spoiler)
Melissa
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sandi
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I didn't feel pulled into this one until about halfway through, but then I just ate the rest of it up.
I like how there's a triangle but not really? (because those are tired at this point...) It was refreshing that the issue keeping them from being together was themselves and not a long lost whoever. You could actually see progress and change from both of them.
Good book.

p.s. okay, one complaint. I need an epilogue for this one!!
Kara
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I don’t know if I’m just out of practice after a long reading slump, but this book was much heavier and slower than I expected. I usually find stories from Melanie Jacobson to be fun and fluffy but this one was more serious and even though it was short, it felt slow paced and my mind wandered a lot. Overall a cute story but it just felt lacking in energy.
Irene
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
My Review

Escaping her celebrity status of famous artist to caring for her niece and discovering a different outlook towards her painting, Lis’s story is short on romance. I am not going to say that this was not a love story but it definitively lacked what I thought this story would turn out to be.
Tiffany
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another cute one from Jacobson. I liked the growth the h exhibits in realizing that just because she had one bad relationship not all men are like that. I also loved that he H backed off when after being rejected. I hate it when they keep pressing the issue thinking they know best. Kisses only
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Heart of a Vicar (The Jonquil Brothers #6)
  • Sense and Second Chances
  • Cross My Heart
  • Miss Wilton's Waltz
  • A Guarded Heart
  • Chance for Home
  • Healing Hearts (Savage Wells, #2)
  • The Roses of Feldstone