Start by marking “The Apocalypse Fugitives (The Undead World #4)” as Want to Read:
The Apocalypse Fugitives (The Undead World #4)

The Apocalypse Fugitives

(The Undead World #4)

Beaten and battered in mind and body, the fugitives limp west, unaware that the human world is fading all around them, unaware that the last remnants of the goodness of man is being ground under the heel of evil at every turn.
When confronted with that evil, fight or flight are their dire choices, only Neil’s small group is forced to take on more refugees who come to them
Published October 9th 2014 (first published October 4th 2014)

Start your review of The Apocalypse Fugitives (The Undead World #4)
Tina Albertson
I read the first book in this series only because I stumbled across it and it seemed kinda interesting from the synopsis. By the time I was at the end of the first book I knew I had been sucked in! I honestly love all of the characters. They are all so different yet the same, as they all have the common goal of surviving the apocalypse. Peter Meredith goes into so much detail with each person that you really feel a connection with them. My favorite character is "Jillybean." The series has a lot ...more
Kevin Goetz
Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I don't usually give books a 5 star rating, but this series continues to get better and better. It has worked its way up to nearly the top of my favorites list, and with more books to come, I don't think I will be disappointed. In the first book of the series, the author began with a "warning" of sorts... Basically said if you get offended easily, don't bother continuing. With that statement, my interest was immediately sparked. Peter Meredith does not hold back on anything in these books and I ...more
Daniel A. Daniel
Dec 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
One Great Zombie series!

I just finished #4, am already waiting anxiously for #5 due in early 2015. The writer knows how to draw you in and wanting more. The cast of characters is ever changing but at a very slow pace, which gives you time to know them, care for them and as in Zombie stories have them die when least expected, not much time for mourning due to writer keeping a fast pace in this survival story. If you are a fan of George Romero/The walking dead and zombies in general, do yourself a
Jett Cat
Oct 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: apocalypse, zombie
Aghhhhh! So good! So unfair to make me wait for the next book!

I love this series, though I am wondering when Jillybeans companions will begin to think outside the box. Some of that genius has to start to rub off on atleast one of her companions.

Other than a bit of frustration with the sidekick depression and inability to think outside the box, this book is up to par with the rest of the series.

Full of tense moments and sudden action it is well worth the read. I stared it a couple hours before
Simon Moyer
Oct 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I've read many post-apocalyptic/dystopian/zombie holocaust books/series, and the Undead World series is one of the best. The storylines are interesting and mostly unpredictable (by "mostly," I mean, for example, that in many cases you know that Jillybean is going to save the day, but you don't know exactly how she's going to do it), and the characters are unique and varied. Sure, the grammatical errors are a bit irksome, but not so much that I can stop reading. In short, keep up the good work, M ...more
terry moga
Oct 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved the whole series!!

Never have I run across a better character than Jillybean. And, Ipes! Looking forward to Grey's escape and Colorado. What about Sadie and Eve?
Becky Straub
Nov 11, 2014 rated it liked it
The fourth in this decent zombie series. Things are still quite outlandish, but I like this kind of "fast-food" reading sometimes. Huge cliff-hanger ending. ...more
Chris Torretta
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Amazing! Full review coming soon.

Received from AudiobookReviewer.com in exchange for an honest review.
J.L. Perrigo
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great read in the series.

Meredith doesn't fail in keeping you interested in this series. The compelling group of character never fail to impress. Jilly Bean is a warrior as always. It's hard not to compare her to Jason Bourne in a child's body. It's hard to choose between Grey and her as a favorite character. I enjoy reading both equally. The characters are not the only reason to read this book. The writer doesn't fail to keep you going with his ability to tell the story. I found myself
Mike Keller
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jillybean is loose on the world again!

A little Jillybean goes a long way? Not near long enough! I can't wait for Jillybean's next idea, her next adventure, or one of her crazy, but successful, ideas to make everything better. Captain Grey, Neil, Sadie and baby Eve are perfect sidekicks for the troubled 7 year old. I can't wait to see what she does next! Jillybean for President!

The characters are perfect, the action authentic, the storyline is amazing as our unlikeliest hero saves the world. Or a
Megan Murphy
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well then theres that ....

So I must say when I first started read in this book all I kept thinking is omg I don't care about Deanna I just wanna know what is going on with Sadie and everyone else but as I finished the book I have grown to see she is going to be a helpful character in the books to come !!! So I must say that I'm really looking forward to seeing how this series plays out !!!
Tonya
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome read!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love this series! The author is very talented and has created a world that is chaotic with characters that are so well rounded. You will will love to hate some and hate to live others. I cannot stop reading these books! If this is what you're into....you gotta check them out.....but.....you gotta start from the first book!
Tammy N Bauer
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Completely held hostage by this series!

I can't help myself from devouring each book of this series. Each new character introduced, is Peter Meredith's insidious way of pulling you deeper into his apocalypse, where mild mannered nerds can become leaders, a cute little girl,who will rise to every occasion to keep her new family together. Who needs sleep anyway?

Claire
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jillybean Lives!!!!

Wow! I just love this series! It has such lovable and hateable characters. Lots of action. Intriguing plots. And zombies! What’s not to like! I can’t wait to see what happens next.
Michele Wason
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this.

Great story and great characters that you care what happens to. Fast paced and exciting. Love the fact that the lead character is a 7 yr old girl. Jillybean makes this a zombie book with a twist.
Maggie
Jul 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jillybean!

Great story of an apocalypse made family. Who knew a 6 year old could be the smartest of them all?!?! Can't wait to see what Jillybean has in store for us in the next book
Jason Reed
Jul 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This author knows how to write. Just finished this book and looking forward to book 5.

Strong character development. Likable/endearing character. Strength to survive and hope.

Don't think it's fluff - Meredith includes the bad with the good. It's a remarkable balance.
Wanda Pettigrew
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Exciting

Looking forward to more of this series. I've gotten to love most of the characters. Must start the next stretch of the journey
Jordan
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
seriously though.. Jillybean for President?!
Tanya Saunders
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Best hero ever!

This series is fantastic, although each character comes into their own, the hero is the most fun one I’ve read yet.
Shayne Lee Charlesworth
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love Jillybean

I could read an entire series of her exploits. Copy Grey can canoe so e skills and get there. Love this series thank you
Brandy
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just have to say, at this point Jillybean is the coolest little girl ever!!!! I love that kid!!!
Brian K. Battles
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yep. Still awesome.

Follow the further exploits of the group as Grey and Neil and Jillybean and Sadie all get into conflict with the River King!
George Parry
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Every page is more gripping than the last

Wow, this is an amazing series, I'm hooked on the characters and can't wait for the next book. I will start it tonight.
Veronik Durocher
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent!

If you're reading this, you know that series is excellent! So what are you waiting for!? Read the next chapter, for God's sake! ;)
Melody Steenbergh
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent continuation of the story.
Angela Wray
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great book!

I loved the characters! There was so much action that I couldn't stop reading. Can't wait to read the next book in the series to see what happens!
Kathy Ann'tie
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Well I must say that for some reason I just love these books. I mean how can you not love Jillybean! Who is one of my most favorite fictional characters of all time!
Shannon
Feb 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ah Jillybean, I just wish I could hold you and tell you what a good girl you are. Everything that happens to her just breaks my heart.
Brian
May 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another great novel to the Undead World series..

(view spoiler)

• Dead Eye Hunt (Dead Eye Hunt #1)
  • Dark Survival (Days of Darkness #2)
  • Storm Cloud (Storm's Fury #5)
  • Wind Shear (Storm's Fury #2)
  • Against All Odds (Storm's Fury #6)
  • Retribution (Galaxy's Edge, #9)
  • Sword of the Legion (Galaxy's Edge, #5)
  • Shattered World (Broken World, #2)
  • The Isles of Elysium (Purge of Babylon, #6)
  • Message for the Dead (Galaxy's Edge, #8)
  • End Time (The End Time Saga #1)
  • Resurgence (Green Fields #5)
  • My Dead World 2
  • Bombtrack (Road To Babylon, #2)
  • Warrior Within (Surviving the Dead, #3)
  • Hell on Earth (Life of the Dead, #1)
  • Dead Ashore (The Tide, #6)
  • Attack of Shadows (Galaxy's Edge, #4)
Peter Meredith is the multi-genre author of an author of 35 novels in a variety of genres: Horror, zombies, post-apocalypse and Fantasy. Some of his creative work includes The Trilogy of Void, The Hidden Lands series, The Sacrificial Daughter, A Perfect America, Sprite and The Apocalypse Undead World.
Having tried his hand in real estate, as an emergency room nurse, and a CEO of a national lighting

The Undead World (10 books)
  • The Apocalypse (The Undead World #1)
  • The Apocalypse Survivors (The Undead World #2)
  • The Apocalypse Outcasts (The Undead World #3)
  • The Apocalypse Renegades (The Undead World #5)
  • The Apocalypse Exile (The Undead World #6)
  • The Apocalypse War (The Undead World #7)
  • The Apocalypse Executioner (The Undead World #8)
  • The Apocalypse Revenge (The Undead World, #9)
  • The Apocalypse Sacrifice (The Undead World #10)