Start by marking “Transport” as Want to Read:
Transport

Transport

(Transport #1)

„Transport? Transport wohin, Sir?“, fragte Russell skeptisch.
„Möglicherweise direkt in die Hölle“, antwortete General Morrow.

Vor der Küste Kaliforniens wird ein außerirdisches Artefakt geborgen, das Menschen zu anderen Sternensystemen transportieren kann.

Der zum Tode verurteilte Russell Harris und neun andere Häftlinge bekommen als Versuchspersonen für den Teleporter die C
Published June 8th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Transport, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Transport

Start your review of Transport
Lena
Nov 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book
So this was my first read in 2018..

I enjoyed this book. I've never really read any science fiction books before, still it fascinated me somehow.
Except for the end. Everything happened a bit to fast. I would have enjoyed a few more pages, so the Story wouldn't be that rushed after 60% of the book.
Cil
Hm, what should I say about this book? I'm having some mixed feelings about it. On the one hand I really liked the scientific aspects. They were really interesting and there was a sense of wonder about the other worlds they were visiting.
However on the other hand it always felt like I was waiting for something to happen. I had the feeling like I was waiting for the story to finally pick up. And then it was over before it really begun.

First I thought the reason for this feeling was that it's a
Roger Ball
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great little read!

First off, I was shocked to find this was a English translation from a German book and writer. The translation was flawless as far as I could tell.
After going on a sf book binge this summer looking for new authors, I have found a mixed bag when it comes to styles, ease of reading, intriguing sf concepts, etc.. Peterson' s writing style and character development is sooo much better than most I have recently read. Now throw in a simple but intriguing premise where the story neve
Jerry Mount
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had some mixed feelings about this book. I really liked the basic story of exploration of the completely unknown. The adventure and sci-fi aspects hit home with me. The initial set-up, motives, logic, politics, scientific plausibility and character development were rather weak and hard to digest. Some of this could be a result of translation from German to English, both in language and culture. But I believe the writing is limited in any language. This didn't bother me too much, as I can toler ...more
Diane Johnson
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even better than I had hoped!

Really, really enjoyed this book! Nicely paced, interesting, sympathetic characters, and even the translation is excellent. Did not end at all as I had predicted, which was wonderful. Hardly put it down after I started reading. The science is surprisingly solid for this type of book. Highly recommended for adult science fiction lovers who don’t want fantasy elements intruding on the story.
Hardy
Jun 09, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: scifi
Easy and straightforward but pretty forgettable. The whole thing with using prisoners for dangerous missions could have been interesting but author forgets about this half way through the book.
Preston
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This novel was a very enjoyable science fiction story. Apart form the slightly hackneyed protagonist being a "nobel but fallen soldier who retains his honor then redeems himself with a new mission from a Colonel in his past" the story is well written. I like how the author leaves a few clues for the reader to pick up on that give tells on how the plot is going to develop. I would recommend this novel for anyone looking for a moderately short, enjoyable science fiction novel. ...more
Rebecka
Finished the first "book", but didn't feel like continuing when a second "book" started right after the first. The first part felt like a typical scifi movie from the 90's. I prefer stories with a more optimistic outlook on the future of humanity, despite our many flaws, and this really is the opposite. I enjoyed the exploration, but there wasn't enough of it for my tastes. I didn't really enjoy it, but it was OK. ...more
Jeffrey Oliver
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice!

I have never read this author before, and frankly, wasn't expecting too much. I was very pleasantly surprised! The science was good, the characters believable, and the plot moved forward inexorably. As others have said, I found it hard to put down; and now am sad I am finished!
Chris Bridson
Points for a good imagination. Perhaps the author is a scientist delving into the world of science fiction writing? The writing level isn't too high. Not much happens... the story doesn't hold my interest. The author does lay the groundwork for a whole world creation, so maybe the stories will get better as he goes along. ...more
Donna Eastwood
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another Peterson book you won't be able to put down.

This is a story that could easily happen. As we explore deeper into our oceans who knows what we will find. Philip gives scientific explanations that are not lengthy. I love that about this book. He focuses more on the storyline than explaining how things are in the real world. Applause!!
William Fulton
Good story

Good story I like the premise also liked the pace through most of the book the ending was good but felt rushed and in retrospect at the pacing of the rest of the book just felt out of sorts. Decent sci-fi
x x x
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hard to read with well fleshed out dilemnas

This was an enjoyable read on the same scale that Fall out 4 is for a game. Tough choices abound for the protagonist while real characters surrouns them.
Shelly Singhal
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent thesis. Well executed

This is a great story. Really creative. I like the idea of a transporter that covers space that way. The science was a little fuzzy, but the concept was great and I also liked the way life evolved on other planets. Can't wait to read tbe next one.
Cynthia Pitassi
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

I really enjoyed this book I love reading sci-fi books but one of the problems is they seem to always have the same thing and I enjoyed this book a lot because it was from a totally different view than anything else I've read
Quetzo
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Joe
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Too-Notch Science Fiction.

The core of the story, a transportation device invented by an alien race that can take a passenger to anywhere in the galaxy, reminds of Frederick Pohl's Heechee novels. I really enjoyed Transport and couldn't put it down until I had finished it.
Hank Wolfla
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read.

The science in this book is wonderful. You can get a good over view of what can be beyond the stars and how it would effect space travel. Looking forward to the next book.
amanda kurz
Oct 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended

I highly enjoyed reading Transport, and I'm going to start reading the sequel immediately. On another note, I think people would more likely write a review if Amazon made the process easier. Personally, many reviews I didn't write bc the process takes so long.
Richard Burke
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have to admit that I wasn't particularly tempted by this book from the blurb, but having read the Paradox series, I thought I'd give it a go. My decision was vindicated with another excellent SciFi story. ...more
Scott
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun read

I wasn’t sure what to expect from this. Turned out to be a really good read I’d highly suggest it to others who enjoyed science-fiction, technology, and doing what is right.
Mike Goodman
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stargate like

Ex military death row prisoners are offered a chance of amnesty if they complete 10 trips through a alien transport device. Every other time thru seems to send someone to death. Great Read
Nancy Trapp
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Transport 1

It was an interesting book. I liked the people in the book. I am going to read the 2nd book in the series. It will be interesting to see how they survive on this planet.
Benjamin Geweke
Mar 07, 2020 rated it liked it
Incredible average scifi story. Has good pacing and reads like a hollywood popcorn movie. But then it is also nothing more than a hollywood blockbuster, no character depth or some special or unique bits.

I am probably giving the sequels a go, sometimes one just needs a fast thrill.
Steve Schinke
Quick, easy read. The usual mix of bureaucratic and military ineptitude in handling the potential of alien technology. Worth reading, if you are interested in that subset of science fiction. Decent plot, on to the next book in the series.
Troy  Dye
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Transport by Philip P. Peterson

If mankind were given unlimited access to the galaxy what would be the possibilities and what would be the greatest danger?
Terry
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Technical blabber galore!

If you understand quantum physics, this is the book for you. If not, then go to nearly the end and enjoy! It was boring to me.
Karen Guerrero-Belfort
Tons of fun

I really enjoyed this book. As many have said, it is a combination of stargaze and suicide squad (comics, not stupid movie). But that is a good thing. You will enjoy.
Dr. Robert Bissell
I Liked it. Had some interesting twists of physics, but then it was fiction.
Jessica
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great ride

I read the book in one and a quarter day even with small children. I could not put it down. Can't wait to read the next book.
« previous 1 3 next »
Aeropets Animal Transport 1 1 Dec 13, 2019 06:21AM
International Pet Transport 1 1 Sep 23, 2017 08:43AM

• Deep Black
  • New Eden
  • Rare Earth
  • Feedback
  • Anomaly
  • Entanglement (The Belt #1)
  • Mission One
  • Xenophobia
  • Occupied Earth (The Sequel to First Encounter) (Ascension Wars Book 2)
  • Silent Sun: Hard Science Fiction
  • The Rift: Hard Science Fiction
  • Artifact (The Artifact Series Book 1)
  • Quantum Time (Quantum, #3)
  • The Triton Disaster
  • Entropy (The Belt #2)
  • Phenomena
  • Evolution (The Belt #3)
  • A Door Into Time: An Alex Hawk Time Travel Adventure
Phillip P. Peterson worked as an engineer on booster rockets and as satellite program manager; he has also written popular science articles about space travel. At the 2015 Frankfurt Book Fair he received the first Kindle Storyteller Award. Characters and action take centerstage in his hardcore science fiction that profits from Peterson's technical background. ...more

Transport (7 books)
  • Transport 6: Übertransporter
  • Transport 7: Ursprung

News & Interviews

“What?” 1 likes
“A black hole. That’s what it must have been. It explains everything. You were in the orbit of a black hole. Just above the event horizon.” 0 likes