Start by marking “Last Days in Hunting Camp” as Want to Read:
Last Days in Hunting Camp

Last Days in Hunting Camp

Each year of their long marriage, Walt and Millie have spent a month apart, as Walt heads out to hunt bear and moose in the pristine Alaskan wilderness, and Millie takes to the concert stage to perform. Their letters, picked up and delivered by a bush pilot each week, keep them close.

Now in his seventy-sixth year, Walt realises his hunting days may soon be over, and there
Published October 9th 2014 by Tinder Press

Start your review of Last Days in Hunting Camp
Rachel
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A sweet little short story, I definitely need to read more from this author as she has a way with words ...more
Andrew
Oct 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
Review Taken From The Pewter Wolf

Every year in their long marriage, Walt and Millie spend a month apart. Walt goes hunting for bear and moose while Millie takes to the concert stage with her violin. Throughout this month, they write letters to each other every week. But Walt begins to realise that this might be his last camping trip, and with a black bear prowling round the camp site, Walt begins to wonder if the letter he's written in his pocket will ever react Millie...

Ok, I am going to admit
Jesika
Dec 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: short-stories
I bought this knowing it was a short story but, having loved The Snow Child I figured it would be good and also an indication of whether Eowyn Ivey was going to be able to pull me into her other novels.

Well, it is good.....but it is extra short. The voice that comes through in these few pages is strong and wonderful. Yet, this reads as the first chapter of a really good book - I'm not convinced it is actually a short story in its own right. Also, the blurb is a little misleading as to the actual
Lizzy Lee
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this but it is so very short, I became so involved with the characters immediately and was left wanting more!
Rebecca Flint
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Could have been beautiful but then it ended

Five stars for what I read but why why did it end??? Wish this was a whole book was lovely
Sean Harding
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Second effort from Ivey is basically a short story and it is over really before it begins. Pretty forgettable and not that interesting.
Vojtech Sebastian Dobes
Mrs E L Ward
Jul 24, 2016 rated it did not like it
Disappointed it was only a short story. Wished I'd read the reviews before buying on kindle.

Only a short story, but had promise of so much more. Relied on the reputation of the author after enjoying The Snow Child .
Lorna Chandler
Feb 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
Really disappointed at this being a short story. I feel as though it was mis-sold.
Amanda Bannister

• Emergency Skin
  • Maria in the Moon
  • My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories
  • Six Geese A-Laying
  • Full Confession: (Kindle Single Short Story)
  • The Promise (DS Imogen Grey #4)
  • The Hunting of the Snark
  • Kissing Under the Mistletoe (St. Helena Vineyard, #1)
  • The Wolf in the Whale
  • Inheritance
  • The Legacy of Lucy Harte: A poignant, life-affirming novel that will make you laugh and cry
  • The Defiant Agents (Time Traders/Ross Murdock, #3)
  • The Last Thing I Remember
  • Carl Sagan's Hunt for Intelligent Life in the Universe (Archangel Project #0.5)
  • Archangel Down (Archangel Project, #1)
Eowyn Ivey's first novel, The Snow Child, was a finalist for the Pulitzer Prize in fiction and an international bestseller. Her newest novel To the Bright Edge of the World will be released August 2, 2016. Eowyn was raised in Alaska and continues to live there with her husband and two daughters.

Learn more: