Start by marking “Christmas with You (Due South, #4)” as Want to Read:
Christmas with You (Due South, #4)

Christmas with You

(Stewart Island #4)

She’s a Holiday Grinch…

Carly Gatlin doesn’t want to spend another Christmas alone. With her beloved father gone, she’s desperate to be part of a family—so she’s spending the holidays with her step-brothers on Stewart Island. But even with sand, sun, and not a snowflake in sight, everything reminds her of what she’s lost. So no tree trimming, cookie baking, or kisses under
ebook
Published November 2014 by Icon Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Christmas with You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas with You

Start your review of Christmas with You (Due South, #4)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Christmas With You is book four in the Due South series by Tracey Alvarez. This book was generously provided to me by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Kip Sullivan has been in Oban for two years and is the bartender at Due South. He loves his life here with this community that has accepted him as one of their own. He moved hundreds of miles away from his family and the legacy he was supposed to inherit, a dairy farm. None of his now adult sisters were interested in taking over the far
Coco.V
Dec 22, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (12/22/2017)! 💝
*❆ Kαɾҽɳ ❆*
I really enjoyed this book! So beautiful and sweet! Plus it's set in New Zealand! So many sexy men around and their accents are gorgeous! Being an Australian myself, I hear a few Kiwi accents around and it's to die for!

Anyways, before I get too carried away, we meet Carly. A red head girl who has moved to Stewart Island where her step brothers lives, since her father passed away from cancer. Since Christmas is approaching she doesn't want to spent it only, especially since this will be the firs
Sherilee Gray
Oct 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ho ho holy hotness

Tracey Alvarez does it again with this sweet, sexy Christmas novella. What can I say, I loved it!

The previous books in this series gave us a few glimpses of Kip, enough that we know he’s Oban’s super-hot bartender. In Christmas With You, we learn what brought him to Stewart Island and that there’s so so much more to him than the way he looks. Carly has recently lost her father and heartbroken after his death, moved from America to Stewart Island to be closer to her step brothe
JewelsyGoolsy
Dec 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 - nice and quickie Xmas read - stars

Not bad for an Xmas quickie. I loved it cos it was free :) Not a smutty, dirty read. Just a sweet, fluffy and low drama story that wrapped up in a neat bow and ended a little too short for my liking.

I woulda loved a more detailed ending but as its a standalone novel in a series, I guess readers will get see future snippets of this couple in the author's continuing stories however; I probably won't be reading others in this series anytime soon - maybe beca
Johanna Sawyer
Nov 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Thanks to the author for a free book to read and review. I'm a confirmed lover of Stewart Island books, in this installment we get to see Carly literally fall for Kip. Christmas books really get me in the mood for the holidays and this one definitely put me in the mood....period. The chemistry between these two was so hot it will melt your tinsel. The only downside for me was that this book ended far too soon. A must have romance to curl up with during these busy holidays! Overall entertainment ...more
Francie J Latham
Enjoyable Christmas and New Year Read

This book was fun to read. Characters very life like and how they handled family at Christmas rang true. I cried with Carly over loss and cheered with her when she triumphed.
Becky
Dec 29, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Christmas in New Zealand

Wonderful Christmas read! This was a very good story, with great characters! The connection between the characters were amazing and the story pulled the reader into it effortlessly.
3.5 Christmas stars
TamaraT
Dec 29, 2019 rated it liked it
A lovely turn your thoughts off romance novel.
Becky
Oct 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed on my blog Becky on Books for 11/21/14.

Another really fun read from the Due South world--this time in fun holiday packaging...with a hot bartender Santa and mistletoe!

For Carly Gatlin, Christmas has always been special--mostly because her dad, a single parent for a good chunk of her childhood, went out of his way to make them that way. They had a series of Christmas "missions" they needed to accomplish each year--one of which was planting magic Christmas beans (aka jelly beans) on Chris
Rob. C.
Nov 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If you, like me, didn’t think sexy was an adjective you’d ever use when referring to Santa Claus, get ready to be proven wrong. In the latest chapter in the Due South Series, Christmas with you, Santa is a twenty-seven-year-old Kiwi hunk with brown hair and blue eyes.
I’ve loved all the books in the Due South Series so far, and this one’s no exception—especially since I love Christmas stories. Well, this is not your usual white Christmas story, mainly because it’s summer in New Zealand, but it do
Cheryl Sanders
Nov 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Carly and Kip both work at Due South. She's on the island to be with what's left of her family and that includes West. He's the one stepbrother that has a difficult time acknowledging that she's his sister. Kip's on the island because he did not want the life of a dairy farmer like his father. When Kip's family descends on Oban, they are determined to get Kip to come home and run the farm. They also try to give Carly back some of the Christmas cheer she's been missing since losing her father. Wi ...more
Siobhan Davis
This series is INSANELY good. I could gush buckets about it all day.

This book is every bit as brilliant as the other books in this series. I already loved Carly from Ready to Burn and I was looking forward to her story.

Kip has been mentioned in some of the other books as a bit of a ladies man but we didn't know much else about him. Turns out, he is a really decent guy, and much less of the ladies man than most people think. Having grown up in a house full of girls, he knows how to relate to wom
Sherri Hayes
Apr 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you have not read any of Tracey Alvarez's books yet then you're missing out.

Christmas With You is a novella featuring Kip Sullivan, bartender at Due South, who we've seen in the other books in this series, and Carly, a relatively new arrival on the island.

I was a little worried when I learned this was Kip's book. In book 3 of the series, Ready to Burn, Kip is presented as a little shallow and rather boring. In this one we find out he's much more complicated than that.

Even though this was a no
winterthekatt
Nov 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Christmas with You (Due South, #4) by Tracey Alvarez
Christmas With You was a super sweet, heartwarming story, perfect for the holidays. Of course I was going to love it because I already love all the characters from this series, but even readers who aren't familiar with the Due South series can still enjoy this novella.

I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a romantic Christmas story. If you've read other books by this author then you probably already know you can't go wrong with her.

After reading Ready to Burn I felt kind of bad for C
E Reader
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Miracle Man

Such a sweet and steamy story! Born a Christmas Miracle, Kip could be the Christmas Miracle for Carly. Carly once loved the holidays, but with losing her father the year before. She had been very grinch-like since. Especially with a step-brother who may be her boss, but who also was her unwilling step-brother. Things aren't looking very jolly for Carly. Until she falls pff a ladder and onto Kip, when his parents unexpectedly walk in on this situation. The laughs an passion don't stop
BOSTON Mommy
Dec 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't resist reading at least one xmas book during my break, I'm glad it was this one. This could easily be a stand-alone but I'm hoping all the rest are just as good. This was a fun, flirty and a bit sexy read. The writing was really solid; there was a fun family water gun competition that I noticed this most- it very well described, comical action and environmental surroundings were extremely clear in my mind. One small criticism - when Kip pictures all the future holidays in his mind, I ...more
Cathy Geha
Nov 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Tracey Alvarez has the ability to create characters with depth and worthy obstacles to overcome while they are falling in love. As part of the Due South series this novella tells the story of Kip the bartender and Carly the stepsister of two brothers that have starred in previous Due South books. The attraction is strong and believable, the scenes well crafted and entertaining; the problems of Kip and Carly that must be overcome are often faced by real people and the story in its entirety a true ...more
Karen
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Christmas Novella to love

Kip and Carly are the focus of this Christmas based novella set in the beautiful Stewart Island.

Carly thinks Lip is a ladies man, not interested in settling down.

Lip believes that Carly, newly arrived from the U.S. wouldn't be interested in him, until his parents get involved- a little match making here, a little stirring there, and the next thing, a fledgling romance. But will itemize than a holiday fling.

Beautiful setting, lots of interesting characters, Ms Alvarez k
Lily Shepherd
Nov 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another great story by Ms Alvarez. Not only do we get to see the main characters grow, we see this in the secondary characters, who we met in previous novels. As in many families at Christmas, there are meddlers and this new family to the Due South series start off with best intentions to add some Christmas cheer, but end up match making and they don't even realise it at first. Excellent!
InD'tale Magazine
4.5/5.0

This fourth installment in the Due South Series stands alone, although reading the first three in the series would give the reader more understanding of the secondary characters in relation to the protagonists.

Read full review in the 2015 March issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Neena Christianson Martin
Christmas New Zealand style

This is a cute little romance, that is part of the Due South collections. Thankfully it can be read as a standalone, though characters from the other books will pop up from time to time. It's full of drama, family angst, comedy, and lots of romance.
Lynn Smith
Jan 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love holiday romance stories. This one was wonderful. Two people not looking for any type of relationship ok maybe a holiday fling but nothing else end up with so much more with a little meddling from his family.
Sandy
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story

Cute Christmas story with lots of beautiful descriptions. The book makes you want to t a key a trip. The love makes you happy.
Zetti
Jan 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
This short read made me smile. It's sweet and fuzzy. A perfect Christmas read :) I look forward to reading more from this author ❤️
Karen
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Cute and fun. Any romance with a sly reference to How the Grinch Stole Christmas is for me.
Vicki
Dec 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas, ebook
A fun Christmas book with fun characters and their extended families. I really enjoyed their conversations and the way they teased each other. It was a fun book to read.
Kate McMurry
Short, light, family drama, Christmas romance.
A.M.
Dec 25, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own, e-books
Carly, West’s stepsister (and new at that, as well) is working in the Due South bar. She’s been eyeing off the bartender Kip for weeks now, but he’s a bit of a player and she’s doubtful about all that.
But when she falls off a ladder and he literally catches her - and also knees him in the balls - and he still seems to like her… maybe she should take a second look?
It’s her first Christmas without her father and that makes it difficult, but Kip seems to be there whenever she needs him.
***
It might
Nancy Brady
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
A contemporary Christmas-themed romance featuring Carly, a young woman who is down in the dumps about the loss of her father, and Kip, a young man who is trying to make his own way without regard to his family's wishes.

Working together at her brother's bar brings them together especially when she falls on him while decorating the place for Christmas. Thrown together, they discover mutual feelings for each other.

Set in New Zealand (and who doesn't love New Zealand?), it is just an upbeat, fun rom
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Christmas Light (Christmas in New York #2)
  • Don't Open Till Christmas (Santori Stories #3)
  • Christmas in Darling Bay
  • Forever Yours in Christmas Falls
  • Mistletoe Kisses (Northstar Holidays, #1)
  • Decker and Joy (North Pole Unlimited, #1)
  • The Story Sisters (The Story Sisters, #1-2; Blueberry Lane, #14-15)
  • Aaron (Hathaway House, #1)
  • One Last Objection (Oak Grove, #4)
  • A Recipe for Romance (Marietta St. Claire's Series, #1)
  • Taming the Troublemaker (Hills of Texas, #3)
  • A Christmas Wish (Sapphire Bay, #3)
  • On the Market (The Texas BBQ Brothers #1)
  • Falling for Mr. Wrong Series: Books 1 - 3
  • Belle's Secret (Outback Brides Book 2)
  • The Cowboy's Gamble (Destined for Love, #2)
  • Christmas Nights (Diamond Creek, Alaska, #6)
  • A Marvell Country Christmas (Men of the Marvell Ranch #2)
Tracey Alvarez lives in the Coolest Little Capital in the World (a.k.a Wellington, New Zealand) where she’s yet to be buried under her to-be-read book pile by Wellington’s infamous wind—her Kindle’s a lifesaver! Married to a wonderfully supportive IT guy, she has two teens who would love to be surgically linked to their electronic devices.

Fuelled by copious amounts of coffee, she’s the author of c

Stewart Island (10 books)
  • In Too Deep (Stewart Island, #1)
  • Melting into You (Stewart Island, #2)
  • Ready to Burn (Stewart Island, #3)
  • My Forever Valentine (Stewart Island, #5)
  • Playing For Fun (Stewart Island, #6)
  • Drawing Me In (Stewart Island, #7)
  • Saying I Do (Stewart Island, #8)
  • Home For Christmas (Stewart Island, #9)
  • Bending The Rules (Stewart Island, #10)