Start by marking “Second Opinion” as Want to Read:
Second Opinion

Second Opinion

(Love Sick #3)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  106 ratings  ·  35 reviews
What do you do when the person you love most in the world breaks your heart… twice? Grant’s solution is avoiding relationships. Four years since the last time he saw Rachelle, his heart still can’t take another break.

“You’re not marriage material.” From the time he’d first heard those words spoken by the woman he loved, Grant Carpenter believed them.

When a woman he’s
Published October 7th 2014 by Lisa Suzanne

To ask other readers questions about Second Opinion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Second Opinion

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Second Opinion
Danielle from Short and Sassy

I am kinda in love with Lisa Suzanne's books. Like, no joke. It stated for me with Side Effects. Wow, did that book reel me in. So, when I got my hands on Second Opinion, I did not want to read it. I read it the second it showed up on my kindle and did not put it down for long!

Grant Carpenter has been hurt by love. He had a long term relationship once. Grants was so in love, he asked the girl to marry him. Then she told him "he wasn't marriage material". Since then, he hasn't been in a
Johnnie-Marie Howard
Oct 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: r2r, books-i-own
As Grant grows as a man and learns to love again you also get to learn about Avery and watch her love and grow. The ending was amazing and wonderful in every way. I so didn't want there story to end but I'm hoping to see them in upcoming stories maybe? :) Very few words as of right now for my review!! It's magically fanfreakingtatic!! I love it!!! I think I'm more in love with Grant than Nick, Reed, Jesse, and Travis. Yes that's right Grant tops all of them!!! Omg what a true love amazing story. ...more
Holly Price
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-read
4 Fierce and Fabulous Stars

Second Opinion is one of those rare jewels told from the male POV that I really appreciate.

Grant met the person he was supposed to spend his life with in college. They spend the first year as friends before starting a relationship. After 5 years, Grant proposed, but she said no. Why? Apparently, she didn’t think Grant was marriage material. She broke his heart and Grant spent the next 3 years trying to cope, but being hurt and angry. That’s when she came back into
akiiKOMORI reading
Aug 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
ARC received in exchange for an honest review.

WARNING: Mature Audiences Only 18+ due to foul language and sexual content

Do you have any authors that can do no wrong?
Authors that, no matter what they write, you'll always one-click, or pre-order as soon as it becomes available.
I have a few like that, in fact, Lisa Suzanne is one of those authors.
Whenever she announces that she's starting a new book, working on a new book, or about to release a new book I get excited right away. I loved her
BooksandBeyondFiftyShades
Oct 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What do you do when you don't like the answer to your question? Get a second opinion. Grant Carpenter fell in love at first sight with classmate, Rachelle. After being together for several years, Grant decides to ask Rachelle to marry him. He is shocked to say the least, when she turns him down, saying that he is not 'marriage material'. Grant is heartbroken and turns to booze and sex as a coping mechanism.

Fast forward several years to Grant's younger sister’s wedding to his best friend. Grant
Nicole Huffman ~ Author Groupies
4.5 Stars

Whoever said opposites attract apparently never met Grant and Avery. They are so similar in so many ways. They are both against relationships and commitments. They enjoy playing the field and keeping feelings not involved. Grant and Avery are both like this because of the past and getting burned by an ex, while they were each hurt in different ways both situations affect their futures greatly.

They have known each other for a long time, Avery is Grant's sister, Quinn's, best friend. I
Jen Wildner
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love Lisa Suzanne's books, and this one did not disappoint! After Grant is dealt a crap hand at love he believes it's not for him. He decides the best way to live his life is one girl at a time. Then one night, he opens his eyes, has Avery always been that hot? After some hot words were exchanged between them, he's confused. This is his sister's friend, and he never has "feelings" for woman. I enjoyed the banter between these hotties just as much as the story itself! Lisa really knows how to ...more
Crystal
Aug 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am never disappointed when I sit down to read a book by Lisa Suzanne and this one was no different. I loved the characters and the way the story flows. I enjoyed the way that you got to see the events from the past that shaped Grant into the committment-shy guy that he is.

This is a story of a man, Grant, who has been hurt so bad in the past that he thinks he can't do committment and the woman, Avery, who makes him think that maybe he needs a second opinion. The only thing is Avery fears
Sara
Oct 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I've read all of Lisa's previous books and loved them. After reading this one it hasn't changed my opinion i still love all her books especially this one! Grant what can i say about him i love him! I love the way his story is being told its as if your in his head. Grant suffered a harsh rejection in a past relationship and it crushed his belief in love till his sisters weeding. That's when he really noticed their mutual friend Avery. Not only did he notice her he finally saw her as a woman not ...more
Raquel Auriemma
Oct 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What do I say? I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review, so I'll be honest. I love books that make me chuckle and this one did at times. In particular, the discussion about football. I'm a big fan of my hometown team and they were referenced. And not only that, there was a little trash talk about our rivals. I loved that. As for the rest of the story, I loved the way it was written. there was some excellent character development and while there were times I wanted to scream at Grant ...more
Angel
Oct 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved this.

oh where do I begin? Grant he's hot he's broken he's just hot. Avery she's beautiful and strong and perfect for him. Rachelle selfish she is just selfish and I hated her. This book was my favorite out of them all, it's a story from the man's POV and it's great to read and learn what the man is feeling and thinking. Grants been hurt more than once and at times he did seem weak but I knew he wasnt. What Avery went through in high school is why she was afraid to commit. however these two
Wendy Homan
Aug 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ever been told something about yourself that is like a slap in the face, but then you decide that it has to be the truth so you decide to live up to that expectation? Well Grant had, and maybe sweet, strong and independent Avery could help him with a Second Opinion.

I LOVED the flirting and playful banter! This book is HOT and DIRTY and FUNNY and AMAZING and can I PLEASE get some Peach Yogurt?????? I would definitely recommend this book!!
Jenna Schmitt
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved Side Effects and I love this just as much! It's great getting to see characters again. Most importantly Grant and Avery are super dirty and hot!
Carolina
Aug 24, 2014 marked it as to-read
I WANT... AND NEED THIS BOOK ASAP!!! :D
Can't wait!! xD
Kelly Fountain
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Grant was burned not once but twice by the same girl. He's done with it all and lives up the playboy lifestyle now. If he never let anyone in, he couldn't be hurt. Avery had also been let down by someone she loved. Both were emotionally damaged but when their eyes met across the room at Quinn's engagement party the heat ignited them both. After being together, they both knew something was different. Each time they saw each other they fell a bit more. The past and insecurities pop up...would they ...more
Valentina
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED the male point of view story! That really made me love this book more! Fantastic!
Stephanie Marshall
Sep 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Lisa Suzanne has done it again. I love the characters in these books, even though they can be stand alone I think it means so much more when you read them in the order they came out. Separation Anxiety (Jessie & Veronica’s story), then Side Effects (Quinn & Reed’s story), and the latest Second Opinion (Grant & Avery’s story); they are all great stories alone but put them together and you have a whole collection of amazing experiences, time with family & friends, love & ...more
Kristine GPI Bookblog
Getting told you aren't enough for someone or something can shake your sense of self worth right to its very core, but being told by the woman you love, right after proposing that you're not marriage material...well that...that takes the cake, how does one even recover from that?? For years Grant has done lived his life focusing on his career and bedding hot women with no view to start a new relationship, the damage Rachelle did to his heart leaving a scar that may never heal.

At his sisters
Gwyn Plummer
Jun 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
I’ve never read a romance novel written in first-person POV until now. I must say; I’m so glad I did. I especially liked that it was written in the hero’s POV, which was totally opposite of what I’m used to. It was a very pleasant surprise.

I liked Grant from page one. His dialogue was enough to keep me reading. I couldn’t wait to see what he’d say or think next. His character was easy to connect to and root for. Although he has his flaws, I could’t help but to love him. Kudos to the author!

The
Romance Readers Retreat
Oct 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Wow this book was hot and dirty!!!
Really enjoyed Second Opinion and I'm hoping there is going to be a follow up.
Both Grant and Avery are good characters but also stubborn at times with admitting how they both feel about each other as they have both been heartbroken in the past.

They have known each other for years as Avery is friends with Grants sister Quinn.
His feelings towards Avery change on the night of Quinn and Reed's engagement party.

Grant is a big time playboy who isn't ready for a
Katie Harder-schauer
Aug 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
After being hurt by his first love, Grant becomes the quintessential playboy, a real hit it and quit it kind of guy, and it works for him until his sister's engagement party when he really notices Avery for the first time. He suddenly finds himself not quite ready to quit it anymore.

I have read almost everything Lisa Suzanne has written at this point, and I really enjoy her sweet boy-next-door main characters. Grant was a slight variation on that, being a playboy next door, but deep down you
1-Click Addict Support Group
Oct 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
No Second Opinion needed for me; this book was great! It was beautifully written and very relatable.

Poor, poor Grant has been left not once, but TWICE, by the love of his life. Since then, he decided to be a player - never one to commit. My heart ached for him. He was such a sweet, romantic guy and this biz-notch kept screwing him over, even when she was not in his life! I just wanted to hug him.....really long....and hard.....

And speaking of sexual innuendos, they were spot on. The playful
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
I was given a copy by the author in exchange for an honest review.

This book was amazing. The characters were great and the way she writes the story you feel as if you were there with them. I loved that this was from his point if view and that the guy was broken and in need of a self esteem boost. The things that broke him were heartbreaking to read.

Grant was hurt badly in the past and didn't think he could do relationships anymore. He had a string of one night stands and did not want
Ashley Jasper
Dec 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Second Opinion is a bit different from the others featuring this crew. Grant and Avery are only looking for one thing, no strings attached. Too bad for both of them that they fall for each other. The chemistry between Grant and Avery burned through the pages. I liked how even though they were both successful and had great friendships, they sucked at relationships. But what I liked the most was how, although they were both scared, they both wanted to be together more than they wanted to be apart. ...more
Hooked On Books
Nov 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review done for Hooked on Books

4 out of 5 stars

Grant Carpenter thought he had found the love of his life. Everything was going great until the day he asked Rachelle to marry him. She turned him down stated that he wasn’t marriage material.

Grant is now broken. He doesn’t believe in love and he doesn’t do relationships. The night of his sister’s engagement party, his sister’s friend catches his eye. He has known her for a while but never really noticed her.

Avery is running from her own past.
Taylor Freeman
Oct 09, 2014 rated it liked it
I don't know what to think about this book.
Wasn't a fan of the flashbacks I'd rather be told in present time a cliff note version than to read the past in full detail.

I didn't like the part with Alyssa. It wasn't needed. It was just there to push Avery out of the picture for a quick second but then he was infatuated again so I didn't see the point in having to read that.

These two main characters were the most stubborn I think I've read. Grant came around a lot sooner than Avery which seemed
beth myrick
Oct 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Based on chemistry

I didn't really see the connection here other than lust. they didn't really get into character depth with each other. to me she was slutty and he definitely was any better. I just would have liked a little more of character for these two. and the hero's deal with his ex. come on. was was so special about the chick. Really it seemed like the H fell for anyone he had awesome sex with. the others were just hot sex. the h, we don't really get into her sex life, but obviously it's a
JC
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was ok
This was an okay read for me, albeit a little drawn out - it could have been much shorter. I felt there was too much repetition about Grant's love for his ex (it went on ad nauseum), in fact I didn't only skim over some of the chapters that reminisced, I skipped them altogether. I couldn't see how the in-depth detail of his sexual relationship with Rachelle was relevant to Grant and April's story.

To Grant: I get it. I get that you loved her (I was told at least 100 times), I get that you hold a
Tracy Arnett
Nov 12, 2015 rated it liked it
I actually gave this 3.5 Stars

I loved Separation Anxiety and Side Effects which are books one and two of this series. I wanted to love this one too but my love affair with this series lost a little with this installment.

I liked Grant and Avery's story but I just felt that their story was not that strong. I felt that this book needed more. I don't know what that is but it just didn't work for me. The book was an okay read. I think the saving grace for me was seeing the characters that I loved
Lisa Hayes
Oct 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
I loved this book. I got so mad at Grant that I almost didnt finish this book. Sure am glad I got over myself and picked it back up. This was an amazing book about rediscovering yourself and finding love when you werent even looking. Grant and Avery were two lost souls who belong together. Both were just looking for just fun and found forever. I loved how Avery didnt make it easy for Grant and I loved how he didnt give up.

• The Penalty Box (Vancouver Wolves Hockey, #3)
  • Entice
  • The Story of Me (Carnage, #2)
  • A Lie for a Lie (All In, #1)
  • Cold Hearted Baller
  • Overnight Wife
  • Home Game (Vancouver Wolves Hockey, #2)
  • Sordid
  • Virgin's Daddy
  • Where Bad Girls Go to Fall (Good Girls, #2)
  • Love, Hate & Us
  • Taking His Bride (Baby Daddy University, #3)
  • Off Limits  (Playboys of New York, #1)
  • Luca Vitiello (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles #0)
  • Caught in the Lies
  • Caught in the Flames
  • One Hot Night
  • The Secret Betrothal: A Pride and Prejudice Alternate Path
Lisa Suzanne is a romance author who resides in Arizona with her husband and two kids. She’s a former high school English teacher and college composition instructor. When she's not chasing her toddler or cuddling her baby, she can be found working on her latest book or watching reruns of Friends.

Love Sick (3 books)