Start by marking “Sacrificial Lamb Cake” as Want to Read:
Sacrificial Lamb Cake

Sacrificial Lamb Cake

Oh. My. God.

Published December 2014 by Red Adept Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Sacrificial Lamb Cake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sacrificial Lamb Cake

Melissa (Mel’s Bookshelf)
Apr 15, 2016 rated it really liked it

This was a funny change of pace from what I have been reading lately. I really enjoyed it! If you are a fan of the movie “Dogma” with Matt Damon and Ben Affleck, then you should enjoy this satirical version of the second coming. However the more religious readers may take offense, however I really didn’t feel that it was meant to be offensive at all and I am sure both religious and non religious readers will see the funny side.

So Rain has just found out that she is the lamb of God. And she is no
Tricia
SACRIFICIAL LAMB CAKE BY: KATRINA MONROE

4.5 Stars
    Well, I can definitely say that this story was one HELL of a ride. *Bad pun intended!* I have to admit that when I was asked to read and review this, I was slightly hesitant. I'm not typically keen on heavy religiously themed stories, but honestly, the blurb and the way the author described it won me over. Especially when I started thinking that it sounded vaguely similar, with the modern day comedic based religious theme, to one of my fav
Macjest
Aug 25, 2018 rated it liked it
A different take on the second coming in the same style as Christopher Moore. Rain (daughter of ecoterrorists) is told by Jude (Judas) that she will be Messiah. And it just gets stranger from there. This is definitely a summer read for when you don’t want anything too serious or taxing.
Greg Teal
A fun cross between Christopher Moore's "Lamb" and Chuck Palahniuk's "Damned". If you liked either of those, you'll probably enjoy this one.
Cresta McGowan
Oh. My. God.

Rain Johnson escaped the insanity of her radical environmentalist family, only to end up waitressing for a living. Her scale of success—with her at the bottom—only goes as high as that college degree she never got, until she gets one hell of an epiphany from a Trinity Corporation public-relations guy who calls himself Jude. He tells her she’s the Lamb of God, and it’s time for that whole Second Coming thing. But when her first minor miracle gets her arrested and an ecoterrorist using
Denise
Jun 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Our heroine, Rain, is not a typical one. She has faults, but, her snarky attitude makes you laugh and love her at the same time.

Part I moves quickly, even though you are introduced to the main characters-with background, it is very entertaining.

Part II has a different feel. It's almost like the two parts were written at different times. It is still entertaining, but not the same.

Maybe there is a Book 2 in the future-Rain was such a fun character and the interaction between she and Jude was wond
Shadallark
Apr 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: humour
This book was fairly good; and likely deserves a higher score. Unfortunately I went into this one expecting humour like that of @Christopher Moore; which this was not.

The storyline has some nice twists, and odd events that keep the story interesting throughout. I think I was just missing the connection to anyone other than the main two characters and for more silly humour.
Tina
In a world where God is a CEO, Judas is a life coach, Satan is a woman and the Messiah is a downtrodden lesbian working as a waitress, the Apocalypse has been set into motion. Raised by aging hippie eco-terrorists, Rain has just learned that she's the Lamb of God. She doesn't even like people, she thinks, and now she has to be their Savior.

Sacrificial Lamb Cake had me just with the title and cover alone. So it was delightful to find the story had a great deal to offer as well. The religiosity is
ReviewerLarissa
May 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Going into this story it was not at all what I expected. It was funny, romantic, quirky and action packed. Even though it has a religious theme (and I'm not all religious) it didn't bother me.

The characters are easy to like and not over the top as I was afraid they would be. The plot is engaging and not easily guessed with a good twist.
John
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sharp and enigmatic

Sharp as razors and soldering irons on the ways of evil. Somewhat more enigmatic on those good characters.
Which might be okay if you really, really need those eureka moments, but a bit problematic for those of us struggling with our ethics.
Is it just me, or does elitism for the good actually work?
vena
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Wow! And from a woman. Calling the Devil a female and God a dude.

I couldn't finish this book. Too many mistakes and the gender fuck up just put me off. Maybe, maybe I could have finished this if I could have gotten over our FEMALE author making us evil. Nope. I refuse to be put in that role again and don't have the time.
DDog
My feelings are...mixed. It’s definitely an engaging read, and the concept alone was interesting enough for me to actually spend $2 on it. Buuuuut...I dunno. Rain is a main character and at least half the book is from her perspective, but the last page reveals that it’s not really *about* her, which I resent.

Warning for abusive family and quite a lot of gore.
Susan Abenilla-brown
No where near Christopher Moore

For those that love Christopher Moore, this is no where near. There is little humour and nothing clever. This is a quick read and has an interesting story and a few good characters.
Bonnie
Jul 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Sacrificial Lamb Cake and an enjoyable, light-hearted romp. As Armageddon should be.
Amanda
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
”Insects. Blood. Frogs. These are what I have to deface a planet that’s done more damage to itself than I could cause in a thousand years.”
—Plague, one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse in ‘Sacrificial Lamb Cake’

I loved this! If you enjoy AMC’s TV show “Preacher”, then I think you’ll love this book too.

It’s a hilariously written take on the apocalypse, yet it reflects a lot on the good and bad of humanity:

”The point, Rain, is for you to show them what it means to be human.”

It’s not even ab
Dan Ferguson
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this, like other reviews said if you like Christopher Moore you'll like Katrina Monroe. I want to check out some of her other work. This story had good pacing, and a good plot twist.
Barbara
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Adorable....in that blood, guts, demons, and fallen angels way. Reminiscent of Christopher Moore. Quick, satisfying read.
Fangs for the Fantasy
Rain is the Messiah, the second coming of Christ

Which surprises no-one as much as Rainfall (call her by her real name and suffer) – a lesbian, child of a rabid hippy and generally the last person you’d expect

But Jude – appointed by the Trinity Corporation – is determined to guide her to the second coming hopefully without setting off the apocalypse

Except big G seems to be playing his own game

I can see what this book is trying to do, I can see the theme it is trying to set. It’s the same kind of
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
4.5

*Book source ~ A review copy was provided in exchange for an honest review.

Rainfall on the Desert Plains Johnson hightailed it from her insane family at the first possible opportunity. With high hopes of college and then job success Rain ends up waitressing for a living. She’s not the success she thought she’d be and while she’s not unhappy she’s thinking she really needs to get a new life. One night when a weird guy shows up at one of her tables her life changes dramatically. She doesn’t kno
Leticia
Nov 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Holy Satire Batman!

I was a little hesitant with the religious connotations in this book but this was awesome.
You didn’t need to be well versed in the Bible to understand the concept behind this story and who the key players were, at all.

Rain is the least likely Messiah or Lamb of God, ever. She is a wild, orange haired, foul mouthed, tattooed lesbian living in sin with another lesbian who has more secrets than hair on her head. Also Rain was raised by rabid Hippie’s to boot! That says a lot ther
Sam - Spines in a Line
Aug 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016-reads
Find the full review at http://spinesinaline.wordpress.com

This wasn't really the book for me but it was still funny and I was laughing along with Rain's misadventures. This is a fictional telling of many people from the Bible, much different than what you may have learned in church, so I wouldn’t be surprised if there are many Christians that are uncomfortable with this book. If the premise is already putting you off, I think you’d be better off avoiding this one. I don’t believe the author is i
Nia Ireland
Apr 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book came to my attention via Twitter and the cover sealed the deal, the title was perfect and the artwork appealed to me immediately.

The premise of this book was highly original and very, very funny - Judas Isacriot is given the chance to redeem himself but not really given much to work with, as Rain the new Messiah couldn't be more poorly suited to the role. Together, they have to avert the accidental apocalypse and save humanity - simple.

I liked the way in which this story brought the B
Kelly Smith Reviews
May 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have actually seen a lot of books that take theology and twist it into modern fiction, but never have I seen it done as comedy. Satire, sure, but this was an entirely new experience for me.
Judas is a businessman. Not surprising. He's charming and dangerous. Also not surprising. Satan is a woman. Definitely not a surprise to me, but to a lot of readers, I bet it was.
The writing is light and slightly whimsical, surprising for the book's theme of good, evil and in between. I liked that the story
Kate
Jun 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
*review given in exchange for free copy from Netgalley*

"I don't even like people, Rain thought, and now I'm supposed to be their savior"

Very good and a lot of slightly creepy fun.

The opening, with "G" as the CEO of a multi-dimensional corporation really sets the scene: epic Biblical events taking place within the framework of the mundane and slightly absurd modern world.

Rain, a lesbian waitress who's pretty sick of the world by now, is an enjoyable character. Her reactions to being told she's
Al
May 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, read-2015
If you’re a fan of Christopher Moore, have I got a book for you. The similarities between Moore’s work and Sacrificial Lamb Cake jumped out at me immediately. (That the title could even be a subtle nod to Moore’s Lamb didn’t occur to me until much later. Sometimes I’m slow.)

This is a fun, sometimes intense, adventure with God and his operations depicted as a large corporation (I’m not sure if this part is actually fiction), and appearances from a few biblical characters. Jude (you may know Mr I
Jamie (Books and Ladders)
See the full review on Books and Ladders!

Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review

"You people would give Lucifer’s hordes a run for their money. You all hate each other and come up with new reasons every day to stoke that fire."

I was pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoyed this one. I'm not always a fan of books that deal with religion because they come across as too preachy, but this one had such a good blend of snark and sarcasm that it was hard not
Underground Book Reviews

GENRES: Fantasy
AUDIENCE: Adult
PUBLISHER: Red Adept

THE RUNDOWN

Trinity Corp. is facing a crisis of faith in Katrina Monroe's book, "Sacrificial Lamb Cake."

When the solution to the crisis is to trigger Armageddon by introducing the Second Coming to mankind, there's plenty of concern amongst the leaders of Trinity Corp. that the Big Guy might have become a little . . . lost.

That notion is given even more credence when G introduces the man handpi
Roberta Emerson
Jul 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Probably a 4.5, but some of us need to give this one a push! I was sent a copy by the author, requesting a review. What a gift! Well written and a quick read, I was hooked in 5 pages! Loving Christopher Moore's Lamb and Neil Gaiman's writing, I understand the linkage to those authors. But this author put her own stamp and twists on a very different tale. With Jude/Judas as the unlikely protagonist and Rain, an equally unlikely Messiah, overseen by G, leading the Trinity Corporation, the reader k ...more
Renee
Feb 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What do you get when you combine a highly imaginative new author, a reluctant lesbian messiah, a notorious biblical traitor, and the egomaniacal ruler of Hell? You get awesome, that's what. Monroe uses her unique brand of wit, sarcasm, and insight to make an age-old story new again, and she gives the reader a cast of impossible to forget characters. As a bonus, she throws in a steamy shower scene that would make any erotica enthusiast delighted. Sacrificial Lamb Cake has earned a spot on my favo ...more
Laura Ruetz
Sep 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love good snarky humor and this is chock full of it. I found the book to be funny and original. I loved the fresh portrayal of the biblical characters, especially Judas (Jude). Rain is well written and she's engaging as a character. The elements in this book all work. It's a perfect blend of humor and action, and there is no shortage of either.

It's a quirky book that has solid writing and a good sense of humor that is carried throughout the book. Small details really make the book come alive.

• Blood Echo
  • First to Find (Caching Out, #1)
  • Upload
  • Froggy Style (A F***ed-Up Fairy Tale #2)
  • Stone and Silt
  • Father Christmas
  • Call Me Daddy (Cass Adams #2)
  • Arctic Dawn (The Norse Chronicles, #2)
  • Correlation
  • Braineater Jones
  • Paradise Rot (The Island Trilogy,#1)
  • Exponential Apocalypse
  • See You in Hell (Mel Goes to Hell, #2)
  • Way Walkers: Tangled Paths (The Tazu Saga, #1)
  • Life After Dane
  • Father Knows Death (Stay At Home Dad Mysteries #3)
  • My Soul Immortal (Fated Eternals, #1)
  • Oracle of Philadelphia (Earthbound Angels, #1)
Katrina is a former Floridian still trying to get the hang of "Minnesota Nice." Her two great loves are fairy tales and thrillers, and she aims to mush the two together whenever possible.

Her novels have been called "fascinating" with "over-the-top characters" by Publisher's Weekly.

“You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don’t ever count on having both at once.” -Robert A. Heinlein” 1 likes
“There was no paper in Hell. All the fire made it impractical.” 1 likes