Start by marking “Asylum” as Want to Read:
Asylum

Asylum

Words are funny things.

Their meaning, the pictures they paint in the minds of those that hear them: they’re not always the same and to me at least, that makes them meaningless.

Take for instance the phrase ‘black widow’. Those words conjure the image of a spider, an eight-legged creature with the red imprint of an hourglass on its abdomen.

However, instead of speaking of an
Published November 28th 2014

Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
3.5 stars!

description

It’s no secret that I adore this author and her wickedly erotic, mindblowingly dark, and downright fascinating stories that keep me on my toes and leave me reeling with twist after turn. It never ceases to amaze me the things Lily White can come up with and the originality behind her stories is the main driving force of why her books are such a smashing success. Asylum in particular stood out to me as most, if not all, of the story would be taking place within a mental institution and
Jasmine
4 ASYLUM STARS ★★★★

LIVE EARLY ON AMAZON!

"We're all crazy, Ms. Sutton. Some of us are simply crazier than the others."

Everytime I get my grabby hands on Lily's books, I know I can always expect two things from this lady. First, she will deliver the dark and second, she definitely brings out the psychology in a psychological thriller. This one is no exception as you strap on for a ride that is just overflowing with craziness.

Asylum tells the story of Alexandra Sutton, imprisoned in the Statha
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie
A new Lily White book!!! I can't wait!!!

ARC kindly provided by author in return for an honest review
L A i N E Y
What a waste of a sensual cover!

I admit the cover lured me in. But I wish it didn't because this book was not well written with stilted dialogues. It's the book where, apprently, every doctors/nurses can run free doing things to patients and fellow employee without any consequences.

That 'epilogue' made me laugh.

But it wasn't a good laugh, it's a derisive laugh.

The kind of laugh you don't want to hear when someone finishes your book.

rating: ★

Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4,5 MINDF@CK STARS

“We’re all crazy, Ms. Sutton. Some of us are simply crazier than others.”

description

Wow just wow...What I did I just read??? What a crazy ride!!! I know that Lily White is the Queen of mindfuck books, but honestly I didn't expected something like this! From the first moment I saw this book, I wanted to read it! Maybe because now I'm watching the second season of "American Horror story" (the theme is Asylum) and I was intrigued! So when I got an ARC I was so excited! This book was per
Jennifer Kyle
Oct 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 *Somebody Fix Those Damn Lights* Stars

”My name is Alexandra Sutton and this is the story of what happened when I was imprisoned inside an Asylum.”

description

Lily White did such a fantastic job with this disturbing story. It was so well written and the pacing and delivery had me both creeped out and captivated the entire read. I was constantly questioning everything and everybody in the story till the very last page.

Alexandra Sutton seems to be finally coming out of her haze and finds that she has bee
Brandi
Dec 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark-twisty
3.5 Stars

Well. That was one hell of a ride. I have no idea how to review this book. Asylum is the story of Alexandra Sutton, a young woman confined within Statham Asylum for the criminally insane. She has no memory of the past few years, during which is has supposedly committed multiple murders.

From what I'm told, I'm called the Black Widow because no man I've ever loved has survived.

description

When a new psychiatrist begins working at the asylum, Dr. Jeremy Hutchins, he takes a special interest in Alex.
JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust
** 3 " MAYBE I'M FUCKING CRAZY" STARS**
Firstly I'd like to state that Lily White has more imagination in her little pinky then I have in my entire thick skull. . . but this book had me questioning if her finger was . . . . . . spr - -ained!

God why can't I appreciate a friggin book like everyone else? Why do I set my expectations higher for some authors then others? Why do I feel like a stubborn twit right now for not pretending to LOVE Asylum ? and why the hell do I ramble so fucking much?.
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Oct 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark-romance
description

“My name is Alexandra Sutton and this is the story of what happened when I was imprisoned inside an Asylum.”

description

“Asylum” by Lily White is one of the most intriguing book I’ve read so far. And I’m not talking only about dark reads. Lily delivers with this book a psychological thriller/mystery that will make you question everything you read and every character you meet. For me the most thrilling aspect of a dark read is the psychological aspect. Needless to say, here this aspect is strong and so w
warhawke
Sep 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Genre: Dark Erotica
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Alexandra Sutton was a resident of Statham Asylum for the Criminally Insane. She was dubbed the Black Widow for killing her lovers even though she had no recollections of the events.

Dr. Jeremy Hutchins was a new addition to the asylum, determined to go above and beyond to help her regain her memory and unravel the mysteries. He developed a new method in unlocking the unconscious mind that will open the path to her past.

I’ve wa
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️

4.25 "So you think you're crazy" Stars!

photo B36A4C84-E8E9-44E7-BB72-404D6FDEAAFF_zpsk1nleeai.jpg

When I'd seen Lily White had come up with a storyline based out of an insane asylum, I knew it would be a mindf$ck of epic proportions! I mean, it's Lily a white, after all and not one author can almost religiously mess with my head...and always throw me off my game. I always think I know her twist, and I'm ALWAYS wrong. There's something to say for that on a writing level...

So obviously, I went into this book a bit scared. Insane Asylum? I knew nothing wo
Selene
First time diving into this author's work and what a lovely dip it was!

photo IMG_4065_zpskhwbq1iq.gif

This book opens with an eerie and unsettling tone that gradually becomes even more disturbing as the story unfolds! Alexandra Sutton is a resident of the Statham Asylum for the Criminally Insane and her stay within the facility isn't without her batting a cautious eye at almost everyone. She doesn't have any memory of her life from the past four years and it's clear from the start that something is not right about Alex, the
Elaine
Oct 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
4.5 Crazy Mind.... Stars

Alexandra Sutton is crazy or so we are lead to believe, I mean she is known as the Black Widow..... she kills men she's been close too.... So whilst they try to find out just how crazy she is, she is sent to The Asylum.
Dr Jeremy Hutchins is the Asylums psychiatrist, he wants to help her but the problem is Alex can't or won't remember anything to the circumstances involving these men.
 photo MattSmith_zpswysr3onn.gif

Can she trust this Doctor.. because its hard to know who is to be trusted in this crazy
Carla ☺Did I Say That☺
2.5 **insert gif below**Stars!!
 photo giphy_zpsdu6uphf3.gif
Wow..I know I'm in the minority with this rating...Right now I feel like everyone is still doing a happy dance And I'm sitting here thinking..
 photo tumblr_maiz51xzlo1qgr76a_zpswowtaiax.gif
Don't get me wrong this book started of hella good...I was right along with everyone else....yup...I was shaking my ass..doing my own version of a happy dance.
 photo tumblr_mqvijsEagp1qj6vbqo1_500_zpshgmdaaeu.gif
But somewhere in the middle..it just lost its steam...I totally lost interest in the MC..but the side characters...OMG...I loved those ladies...they were fucking hila
Katie
Jan 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark-reads, favorites
4.5 INSANE STARS

wow...just wow...I legit felt as insane as Alex while reading this book!

description

The first person narrative was perfect for this book; letting the reader only know what is going on around Alex in HER POV, and no one else. It kept me in suspense the entire time!!!

I also loved reading about the other women in the asylum...they were all SOO messed up and they helped create the creepy setting of an institution that houses women who are truly insane.

description

Asylum had it all! Mystery, suspense, murd
KitReads (a.k.a. nd)
Okay.

So.

I'll just get right to it. What an anti-climactic ending for me..

Where was the twist?

Where was the mindfuckery?

I was actually waiting and guessing and excited to get to the end of this book.

I didn't *want* a HEA.. not from Lily or if it was a HEA I wanted it to be something that made me go.. "OMG! She did it to me again..."

But what she did to me was make me lay the book down and go... "ummm... meh."

I really felt like there was a big finish coming, but what I feel like I got was a rushed
Di Covey/TwistedBookReviews

6 Insane Stars!

Warning: If you haven't read a book by Lily White, then you need to read her warnings and take them serious. Not for the faint hearted.

FANS OF HORROR FILMS ARE GOING TO LOVE THIS BOOK!

"From what I’m told, I’m called the Black Widow because no man I’ve ever loved has survived. Yet, I have no memory of any of it."

Lily White, I'm laughing insanely while writing this, you out did yourself! How you gonna top this? I'm laughing uncontrollably, rocking back and forth. Brilliant. M
Dana aka ♥Belladonna♥

This book contains subject matter that may be triggering to some.

Alexandra Sutton doesn't remember how she wound up in the Statham Asylum for the Criminally Insane. Actually, she doesn't remember a lot of things. But despite not being able to remember, she is sure she didn't kill anyone. She can't be the "Black Widow" she is accused of being, can she?

Enter the handsome and enigmatic Dr. Jeremy Hutchins, the new Psychiatrist at Statham. He believes he has developed a new treatment that could help
Kitten Mercer
4 "I don't even know what normal feels like anymore" stars.

Wow, what a one hell of a crazy journey this had been. I don't even know where to begin with, quite frankly. I'm still struggling to find the right words to say. Every time I finish a Lily White book, I always find myself questioning my sanity, and then staring into nothingness like my life had just crumpled in front of me. I admit I'm not used to reading Lily's books where heavy bdsm, non-con, kidnapping, slavery, etc are not present. I
⭐ Emerson ⭐

photo 14307014029301_zpsdpecpuyf.jpg

Crazy

Mentally deranged

Sick

However you want to put it,it comes down to one thing.Not right in the head.Alexandra a.k.a Alex has been in a well known State facility for the past year.Dubbed the "Black Widow" she has no recollection of the murders she's been accused of but she knows that she's innocent.

Dr.Jeremy Hutchins is the new psyscologist in the facility and he's taking a special interest in Alex.He goes out of his way to help her and tries to discover the truth.There's a instan
Beverly
“We’re all crazy, Ms. Sutton. Some of us are simply crazier than others.”

photo tumblr_nauok37SxI1si4n1ho7_r1_500_zpscsjhnffa.gif

The title was intriguing. The blurb caught my attention and of course I am a big fan of Lily White, so I one-clicked this book without thinking it twice. Unfortunately the book wasn't as Dark as I was expecting it. I didn't connect that much with the characters. It's not a bad book, but it's not that good.

photo tumblr_n9788kj82H1ryz70ro5_r1_250_zps56b516aa.gif

I kept reading because i wanted to know the big reveal. At the end it wasn't that shocking.
 photo tumblr_n9788kj82H1ryz70ro4_250_zps721c5e9e.gif
Michelle
Oct 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5+ Star's A total mind twister ~
The best I have read so far from Lily White

Asylum had me rocking and feeling like my mind had exploded , Lily White took me into the Asylum from page one I felt connected to Alex aka 'The Black Widow' who was sectioned into Statham Institution for the criminally insane a year ago but believes she woke up in the Asylum only a few months ago due to various murders of her previous lovers. Alex cannot remember anything from the past and only her brother, Daine from o
Jessica B
meh....

Lily White is one of my favorite authors. I always know when I want a good mind fuck, she is the one to give it to me. I think that's what happened with this book, I had my sights set so high for this one. I mean, come on, the setting is in a mental institution. This had SO much potential. But the "climax" just fell flat for me. The epilogue was just meh.

stop here if you haven't read the book. Unless you like spoilers.

So, we have Alexandra who is dubbed the black widow in an asylum. They
London
Nov 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Title: Asylum
Author: Lily White
Rating: 3.75 "what the #*$%# is going on stars"
POV: first person heroine
HEA: (view spoiler)
Heat/Steam 3/5
Cliffhanger: . No.
Intolerable Heroine .No.
Über Douchebagery .uhhhhh.
Taboo Subject Matter .Yes.
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Love Triangle (view spoiler)
description

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THIS? I can say for 91% of the book I still had absolutely no idea wtf really happene
Akaii
Jul 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: dark-twisted, abuse
3.5 Stars!
I really had high expectation with this book. Nevertheless it was a fun read with serious twists, unpredictable story line and some nail biting scenes! Alex is committed to an institute for the mentally insane she is left to the care of Dr Hutchins to fix her. At times it was difficult to decipher what was real and what was a hallucination in Alex's mind, and the twists and turns really keeps your mind working in overdrive trying to figure out exactly what was going on and what was go
Louise
Oct 11, 2014 rated it liked it

Not my favorite book from the author,that mental disorder again(view spoiler)and also why the sudden interest of authors about that mental illness. -_-

I think since the setting was in a mental institution and then of course it consist of crazy people, then you are going to add up that the hospital staffs are also crazy people was the
Christine
Oct 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites-2014
Another favourite to add to the list. I wanted to devour this book to find out what the hell was happening to Alex, but at the same time I wanted to take my time and savour every bit of it. So I took my time and got a total mind f**k. Still getting my head round the epilogue, read that twice just for it all to sink in.
If you like a dark twisted intense intriguing read go for it.
Brilliant I loved it.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• unStrapped (Strapped, #3)
  • The Sordid Promise (Breaking Insanity, #1)
  • Corroded (The St. Croix Chronicles, #3)
  • Sociopath: Legacy (Sociopath, #2)
  • The Salvation of Daniel (Blue Butterfly #2)
  • An Eternity of Eclipse (An Eternity of Eclipse #1)
  • King (Mistress & Master of Restraint, #8)
  • My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Ep. 4 "Poisoned" (My Masters' Nightmare, #4)
  • The Truth About Mack
  • My Dear Stranger
  • Joseph Fallen (The Estate, #0.5)
  • Unbearable (Unbearable, #1)
  • I Know What Love Is (I Know..., #1)
  • Serial, Volume Two (Serial, #2)
  • Vacant (Empathy, #2.5)
  • Explicit Detail (Explicit, #2)
  • The Good Girl
  • That Which Destroys Me
Lily White is a dark writer who likes to dabble on the taboo side of eroticism. She is most known for her Masters Series, Target This, Wishing Well, and Asylum. When she isn’t writing as Lily White you can find other books by her under M.S. Willis where she has penned the Control Series, the Estate Series, and Because of Ellison (contemporary romance). Lily enjoys stretching her writing muscles by ...more
“Words are funny things. Their meaning, the pictures they paint in the minds of those that hear them; they’re not always the same and to me, at least, that makes them meaningless.” 6 likes
“Unexpressed emotions will never die. They are buried alive and will come forth later in uglier ways. ― Sigmund Freud” 5 likes