Start by marking “When Irish Eyes Are Haunting (Krewe of Hunters #14.5; 1001 Dark Nights #14)” as Want to Read:
When Irish Eyes Are Haunting (Krewe of Hunters #14.5; 1001 Dark Nights #14)

When Irish Eyes Are Haunting (Krewe of Hunters #14.5)

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  474 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
Devin Lyle and Craig Rockwell are back, this time to a haunted castle in Ireland where a banshee may have gone wild—or maybe there's a much more rational explanation—one that involves a disgruntled heir, murder, and mayhem, all with that sexy light touch Heather Graham has turned into her trademark style.
Published February 24th 2015 by Evil Eye Concepts, Incorporated

To ask other readers questions about When Irish Eyes Are Haunting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Irish Eyes Are Haunting

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
This was a really good read. It takes place in Ireland around Castle Karney and the legend of the banshee. Someone is killing off members of the Karney family, and Devin and Rocky have to solve the mystery.

description

I've mentioned in other reviews that this author writes a fabulous paranormal mystery, and I think her books shine best when they already involve an established couple (that may be only the novellas) They don't have the forced and awkward romance angle to them that takes away a bit from my enj
Paula
It's off to Ireland for newlyweds Devin Lyle and Craig "Rocky" Rockwell when Devin's cousin, Kelly, calls her after Kelly's uncle dies under suspicious circumstances. Some think Collum died of a heart attack, while others believe it was due to the legend of the banshee, since the banshee was heard wailing the night before Collum's death. Devin and Rocky work with the Krewe of Hunters, a group of paranormal investigators. It'll be a working honeymoon for them while they try to unravel the case.

Th
3.5 Stars

Jessica
This is the second novella of the Krewe of Hunters series, set in Ireland. It's pretty similar to the first novella. There's a haunted castle, a historical legend, and the same motive behind the murders. This novella brings back Devin Lyle and Rocky from The Hexed. There was a plethora of family characters in this one, and I found it a little difficult to keep their relationships to each other straight. As with the previous novella, I didn't enjoy this as much as the full-length Krewe books (adm ...more
Cheri Schaefer
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderfully entertaining!

Another great mystery with a spell binding story
line. Love the historical part in the mystery. Great
characters and lots of twists. A great read for a
single setting. Riveting from beginning to end.
Lori
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A haunted castle in Ireland? Yes please! That is the setting for this spooky short story. Murder, maybe and rich with Irish folklore. As with most short stories, I always wish they were longer. This was definitely a great read!
Linda
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nice short story with Rocky and Devin in Ireland .
L Sue
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I would have loved this book to go on longer... I really liked these characters from the beginning. And Will and Kat have been in other stories that I really enjoyed from HG's books?
viva
Jun 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Thank you!
Catherine
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved the mystery, scary. Just don't read at night when you are alone in the house.
kimberly taylor
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love

I love a good mystery ghost story with a little romance. When Heather Graham books end I am satisfied but still can't get enough
Liza Robertson
Aug 01, 2017 rated it liked it
It was a short quick read with some interesting moments. It was too brief a story.
Val
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Interesting

I thought it was a very interesting story. Not sure if I would read it again but I just might.
Steph
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: hell-to-the-no
When the banshee cries, people die. But at Castle Karney, family fights back.

Newlyweds Devin Lyle and Craig "Rocky" Rockwell are members of an elite ghost hunting sector of the FBI called the Krewe of Hunters. With the ability to see and speak to the dead, Devin and Rocky spend their honeymoon in Ireland at Devin's familial castle trying to sort out the death of an uncle. Some of the family is certain it's the prophecy of doom coming to fruition, others believe there's a much more "living" reas
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

First off I want to be upfront and say that I have never read any other books in author Heather Graham’s Krewe of Hunters series so I had no background on this group or what they did prior to reading When Irish Eyes Are Haunting. However, even coming in with no knowledge of these characters or this series she did a great job explaining this group, what they do, and who they are. Two recently married members of the Krewe are in Ireland on the
Jennifer  (BTH Reviews)
I received a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Review Courtesy of: Books That Hook

Jennifer’s Review

Murder, mystery, and a banshee…my kind of story! I really enjoyed “When Irish Eyes are Haunting.” The first fifteen percent or so of the story is mostly backstory, but, once it gets past that, it is hard to put down. I especially liked how Heather Graham created a spooky atmosphe
Becky
Mar 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
When Irish Eyes are Haunting was both my first Krewe of Hunters novella and the first I've read of the 1001 Dark Nights series. It served as a nice introduction to both. If you've read the Krewe of Hunters books, you'll probably especially appreciate reading about Devin and Rocky's "working" honeymoon (in Ireland! Can't go wrong...well, maybe except for the murder and mayhem part of it) but if you're new to the series as I was, just enough is explained about the group and their mission along wit ...more
Sofia Lazaridou
This is another new series to me. I wasn't even remotely familiar with the setting of the story and this time I had a little problem getting into the story. After the first, maybe even the second chapter I got over that problem though, and things got easier for me since the author managed to draw me into the events of the novella. I will be adding the first two books of the series on my TBR pile in order to give the rest of the books a chance. The MC might be on their honeymoon, but the romance ...more
Kelly at
Apr 26, 2015 rated it liked it
Review will be posted at www.books-n-kisses.com .
NUMBER OF HEARTS: 3
REVIEW:
I have only read one other book in the Krewe of Hunters series. I really enjoyed this quick mystery. Craig “Rocky” and Devin are a fun couple even we trying to solve a mysterious death.
Ms. Graham keeps us guessing on the who done it part all the way until the end of the story. I had my guess as to who it was. But the way really through my off. I am looking forward to reading more books in this series.

Disclaimer:
I rec
Kathy Elliott
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another fine ghost story

The Krewe Of Hunters meet the ghosts of Ireland as Devin and Rocky work to solve the mystery of the wailing banshee of Karney castle. One is dead, and the banshee wails again. Is it murder or are the ghosts adding to their number?

Enjoy this fun and spooky story from Heather Graham.
Paraphrodite
Apr 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
Rocky and Devin on their honeymoon in Ireland visiting Devin's cousins' castle and trying to investigate the death of one of Devin's uncles.

These Krewe hunters obviously don't believe in leaving their work at home, even for their honeymoons! First Jackson's honeymoon in Scotland in the novella May Day and now Rocky's honeymoon during St. Patrick's Day festivals in Ireland!
Theresa
Feb 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: heather-graham
When Irish Eyes are Haunting

Heather Graham is truly an awesome storyteller! I had just finished the Krewe of Hunters novel where Rocky and Devin had met so it was nice e to see them again! I truly enjoyed this Novella!
PF Freire
Jan 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
It captured many Irish iconic aspects.

In Dublin, I went for the Gravediggers Bus Tour
and the character of Gary the Ghost, remembered of this guy from the bus tour

Checkout his performance:
Pammy
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very very good

This is a very very good read. I had no clue who the killer was until the very end, and that usually never happens. I honestly never even thought of this person that was doing it. Super good (short) read. Heather Graham always comes through.
cindy hackney
Apr 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great but went by to fast

Love just love all of Heather Graham's stories! Once you start reading you can't stop. They are all a must read. The dangers, excitement, and who did it, then love as well. Who doesn't love a great ghost story?
Cat
Aug 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love these Krewe Novellas! The 1001 Nights series is a great concept, but I wish Heather Graham would just write a bunch of these Krewe stories, it's like visiting with old friends and there great little mysteries too.
Kathryn Cook
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Irish Tales of Legend That Grabs You

Another wonderful Heather Graham tale that pulls you in and doesn't let go til the tale is told banshee's and alk
Valerie Hubsky
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
When Irish Eyes are Haunting

Great stories like always. Keeps you enchanted and keeps you guessing on who the killer is. Great series of stories and a variety of characters.
April
Dec 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-library
Very good. Suspenseful. Loved that this story was able to weave in some of Ireland's legends.
Nancy Ku
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love the Krewe

Rocky and Devin were fun and the story was a fun quick read. I enjoyed spending more time with this couple.
  • A Sweet Life Boxed Set (Fourteen Contemporary Romances by Bestselling Authors to Benefit Diabetes Research)
  • A Fantastic Holiday Season: The Gift of Stories
  • Caress of Darkness (Dark Pleasures #0.5; 1001 Dark Nights #12)
  • Sweet Dreams Boxed Set
  • All the Time in the World (Grimm's Circle, #0.5)
  • Dead Reaper Walking (Liberty, Oakwood, #2)
  • The Lightning Storm (The Hunt, #0.1)
  • No Rest for the Witches (Dark Mission Novella #2.5)
  • The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants: The Official Scrapbook
  • Heart of the Incubus (Demons of Infernum, #3.5)
  • Ruby Hill
  • The SEAL's Rebel Librarian (Alpha Ops, #2)
  • Fangs for the Memories (Half-Moon Hollow, #4.5)
  • Ghost in the Polka Dot Bikini (A Ghost of Granny Apples Mystery, #2)
  • Realm Of Shadows (Alliance Vampires #4)
  • Rage/Killian (Bayou Heat #17-18; 1001 Dark Nights #23)
  • The Shop of Shades and Secrets
  • A Very Alpha Christmas
Also published as Heather Graham Pozzessere and Shannon Drake.

New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Heather Graham majored in theater arts at the University of South Florida. After a stint of several years in dinner theater, back-up vocals, and bartending, she stayed home after the birth of her third child and began to write, working on short horror stories and romances. After some tria
More about Heather Graham

Krewe of Hunters (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • Phantom Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #1)
  • Heart of Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #2)
  • Sacred Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #3)
  • The Evil Inside (Krewe of Hunters, #4)
  • The Unseen (Krewe of Hunters, #5)
  • The Unholy (Krewe of Hunters, #6)
  • The Unspoken (Krewe of Hunters, #7)
  • The Uninvited (Krewe of Hunters, #8)
  • The Night Is Watching (Krewe of Hunters, #9)
  • The Night Is Alive (Krewe of Hunters, #10)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
  • Bittersweet
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • The End of the Affair
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)