Start by marking “Percy Jackson's Greek Heroes” as Want to Read:
Percy Jackson's Greek Heroes

Percy Jackson's Greek Heroes

(Percy Jackson and the Olympians #companion book)

4.47  ·  Rating details ·  31,252 ratings  ·  1,859 reviews
Who cut off Medusa's head? Who was raised by a she-bear? Who tamed Pegasus? It takes a demigod to know, and Percy Jackson can fill you in on the all the daring deeds of Perseus, Atalanta, Bellerophon, and the rest of the major Greek heroes. Told in the funny, irreverent style readers have come to expect from Percy, ( I've had some bad experiences in my time, but the heroes ...more
Published August 18th 2015 by Disney-Hyperion Books

To ask other readers questions about Percy Jackson's Greek Heroes, please sign up.
jaey Hopefully *wink*
Hopefully *wink*
Percy mentioned something about, "Percy Jackson's Really Minor Gods" but he added, "just kidding guys. don't give the publisher any ideas." or something like that in this book, though. (less)
Serena There isn't a timeline for this one, it's much like Percy retelling Greek myths. I'd read it after Heroes of Olympus series just in case.…moreThere isn't a timeline for this one, it's much like Percy retelling Greek myths. I'd read it after Heroes of Olympus series just in case.(less)

·  31,252 ratings  ·  1,859 reviews

Start your review of Percy Jackson's Greek Heroes
Natalie Monroe

Come closer, my dear muggles. Sorceress Medea Natalie will share with you her standard potion for a Greek mythology hero story. Very simple recipe, but disastrous to get wrong.

If you're up for brewing the diverse formula, you will require:

-Scorched bones born of incest
-A dash of tragedy juice. The more bitter, the better
-Live monsters. Two or more should suffice. Poisonous fangs and inhuman strength adds to the potency of your potion
-Royalty cream
-An impossible quest egg. Crack it, so
Ahmad Sharabiani
Percy Jackson's Greek Heroes (Percy Jackson and the Olympians companion book), Rick Riordan

Percy Jackson's Greek Heroes (Percy Jackson and the Olympians companion book), Originally published: August 6, 2015. Richard Russell Riordan Jr. (born June 5, 1964) is an American author. He is known for writing the Percy Jackson & the Olympians series, about a twelve-year-old Percy Jackson who discovers he is a son of Greek God Poseidon.

In this gripping follow-up to Percy Jackson and the Greek Gods, demi
Melanie
Oct 16, 2014 marked it as to-read
OHHHH YEAH. ITS RELEASING ON PERCY'S BIRTHDAY TOO, MUCH EXCITEMENT. ...more
Jess the Shelf-Declared Bibliophile
While it admittedly is funny to read anything from Percy's point of view, I can't help feeling that most of these stories could have been seriously condensed. I'm pretty glad to be done. ...more
Ishi Bhanot
Nov 10, 2014 marked it as to-read
November 10, 2014

That's what we want!
PERCY'S POV!!!!!! :D
Raoufa Ibrahim
Jul 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own, myth
what a book!! non-fiction book but with a few fictional details
------
In this book Rick or Percy(it's the same :P) will tell us about 12 heroes in their way

1)Perseus: Son of Zeus, best known as the one who killed Medusa
description

2)Psyche: being beautiful can be a curse, especially if people starts calling you Aphrodite!
the only way to destroy her in Aprodite's opinion is to make her fall in love with an ugly, filthy man, so Eros will do this job for his mom.
*Beauty and the beast came from this myth

Nara
Oct 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I seriously miss Percy's narration. It's just so genuinely funny (it's kind of hard to believe that the person behind this authentically teenage sounding voice is a 50 year old man haha)

Probably the only bad thing about the book is that it's so damn heavy! My shoulders hurt from holding the book up lol (although admittedly that also could just be because I have zero muscle bulk...)

Ratings
Overall: 10/10
Writing: 5/5
Narrative Voice/Entertainment: 5/5
Illustrations: 5/5
Cover: 5/5
samantha  Bookworm-on-rainydays
i wish percy jackon was my teacher
Mariam
Dec 06, 2014 marked it as to-read
*finds out about Percy Jackson's Greek Heroes*
*whispers* "Percy Jackson's Greek Heroes"
*cue explosion in background*
what in the name of hades?!?!
PERCY JACKSON WILL NEVER DIE
*Looks down at open hand* *confused face*
that's funny... *deadly calm voice* IT. SHOULD. BE. THERE...
i need it now like seriously don't mess with me now rick, we are all in suffering and nostalgia about Percy Jackson
How am i supposed to wait a whole year for this? im not Superwoman!
*Looks behind me* Oh yes, that looks like a
Alice
Oct 11, 2014 rated it liked it
Pre-reading

I need this to soothe my pain. My heart hurts from finishing BoO.
Muse-ic ♬
Nov 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing

4.5

Rick's books, man!
They never cease to make me laugh!
Some of the sentences are pure funny, while others are simply ridiculous you just have to laugh!
The sarcasm is ever present! He really lays it on thick, but I was cracking up most of the time! So it worked :D

Take some of these chapter titles:
Theseus Slays the Mighty--Oh, Look! A Bunny Rabbit!
Cyrene Punches a Lion (No Actual Lions Were Harmed in the Making of This Myth)
Jason Finds a Rug That Really Ties the Kingdom Together

The chapter titles
Meret Magdi
Nov 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars❤
I have always wanted to learn more about Greek heroes..
I loved this book, and the way Percy narrated this book is so.. Percy xD
I love him❤
I just wish there were more heroes in there :( ..
I particularly enjoyed the stories of Eros and Orpheus❤
Malak Ibrahim
THE GREEK GODS ARE ALIVE AND KICKING

and now it's heroes turn

this book talks about 12 great heroes

Perseus son of Zeus

Psyche -mortal (sin of beauty), she is my favorite

Phaethon- son of Helios

Otrera-the founder of the Amazon nation

Deadalus- a skillful craftsman and artist

Theseus

Atlanta

Bellerophon

Cyrene

Orpheus- great poet and musician

Harcules- the boy with 12 labors

Jason- famous for his quest to bring the golden fleece

*Cupid -son of Aphrodite-he wasn't one of the 12 heroes but he has bewitched me
jesse📚
Jun 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Hades is the chillest god ever.

I think some stories are too short (especially Otrera's) but damn I miss Percy so much.

Sometimes I forget how funny these books are, Hercules' story made me laugh my ass off at 3 in the morning but that's Percy Jackson for you.
Neha
Oct 14, 2014 marked it as to-read
OUR FAVORITE HERO RETURNS!!!!!!

What? I'm not talking about Hercules. It's DA PERCY JACKSON IN DA HOUSE!
Darren Hagan
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so freaking good!! I was a bit dubious going into it considering I don't know a huge amount of Greek heroes, but the stories were told in such a funny and engaging way that it didn't really matter that I didn't know the heroes. It was literally "laugh out loud" funny.

It was also really educational, and the humour just made it fun to learn. Obviously it's a middle grade series, so Riordan uses a lot of modern references to keep the intended audience interested, such as saying that
lucie
Oct 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: in-english, 2016
Some legends say that Hera’s breast milk sprayed across the sky und created the Milky Way. I don’t know. That seems like a whole lot of solar systems from just one squirt.

It’s breaking my heart to give only two stars to this book.

I love Percy Jackson, I Percy Jackson’s Greek Gods are one of my favorite books and I am a big fan Rick Riordan because he makes me laugh everytime I read his books BUT Greek Heroes were so boring.

description

I put the book down like three times and rather read another
Mira
Reading this took me a while but now I've done it and it was awesome. I personally loved the Greek Gods more but it's because it had more weird and intriguing stuff going on because, well, it focused on the gods. Percy's narrative was great once again, I got a good laugh of all the mentions of modern stuff thrown into the myths. Orpheus playing "Shake It Off" and the gods getting confused of the time period etc. Hilarious! I really liked Percy's mentions of his friends. Annabeth seems to be arou ...more
Abby
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As usual, I am winded by Rick Riordan's unique writing! ...more
Ryan Buckby
Aug 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You get angry, you punch someone in the face. Simple. Direct. Bloody. Fun!

Another Rick Riordan book that is set in this entire world and with every book i read something from this world i find myself really enjoying it more and more.

I really enjoyed learning about the different Greek Heroes and i would now like to hear from some demigods that are in the percy jackson series because that would be cool.

Percy was a great narrator for the book it made it fun and lighthearted however even tho it w
Sesana
Oct 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mythology
If anything, I think I may have liked Heroes better than Percy Jackson's Greek Gods. That's more do to subject matter than the writing. The heroes in this book lead very exciting lives, and Riordan gives vivid and very detailed retellings of each. I also appreciated the variety he brought. Sure, no book of mythical Greek heroes would be complete without Theseus, Perseus, Jason and Heracles, and they're all in here. But he also includes Otrera and Cyrene, women I'm fairly certain I'd never heard ...more
Tina ➹ the girl who lives in Fandoms
3.75 Golden Stars

I enjoyed it. Knowing about Greek heroes from Percy's perspective with that funny narration were definitely something new in retelling the history or myths. (I wished teachers would teach us this way in school!) & as I just knew a few of their stories & some of them only by name (mostly because of the hints in Percy Jackson series about them & what they did, but not the whole story, so here & now I found out the whole story.

but it was not as great & thrilling as Percy Jackson's
Erth
Nov 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Very entertaining versions of the greek myths, as told from Percy Jackson's point of view. As a consequence, some of the deeper meanings behind the myths are lost, but it got my 8 year old daughter interested in greek mythology. The biggest problem is that now she won't read the actual myths because she only wants to read Percy Jackson's version. We are working on that.

Just as a warning, if you haven't read the Percy Jackson series, there are some spoilers in the book as to the outcome of certai
Ray
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best history books that ever existed and no one can change my mind.

No one ever can tell a story like Percy Jackson does, he can make the lamest events out there seem fun and interesting with one of his snide remarks.

It was really interesting to read about Greek heroes, especially those I've never heard of (probably bc no one can pronounce their names). It was fun, light and hilarious.
I laughed out loud on multiple occasions!

In general, this book had a healthy dose of Percy tha
A_ bookbound _soul
5 stars!

LOVED the book!

It's super hilarious.

Percy is a great narrator. There wasn't a single page from introduction till afterword where I did not find myself laughing.
I Absolutely recommend it if you love Greek Mythology. Plus if you're already a fan of Percy Jackson series you'd love this even more.
Carlie K
Sep 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I would give this book a hundred shining stars if I could!

Informative and funny as always.

A great introduction to Greek Heroes that appeals to every modern reader.

A full review to come.
Jelena Milenković
I can’t believe I’m rating this so low...

Jewel
Oct 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-n-to-z
Actual rating: 4.25 stars

The first time I read this, I rated it 3.75 stars. I didn't find it as engaging as "Percy Jackson's Greek Gods". I was more biased back then because I grew up reading about the Greek gods and goddesses. I considered them my batshit crazy and dysfunctional family. I hated how cruel and manipulative they were, but there were times that I couldn't help but love some of them. (Zeus and Hera were always on my hit list.)

Anyway, I definitely enjoyed "Percy jackson's Greek Hero
Goodreads Librari...: Request updates on a book 4 14 Apr 17, 2020 07:27AM
Goodreads Librari...: Page Numbering Request 4 16 Apr 27, 2016 03:26AM
Percy Jackson Fan...: Percy Jackson's Greek Heroes 5 31 Nov 24, 2014 09:07PM

• The Titan's Curse: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #3)
  • The Sea of Monsters: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #4)
  • The Lost Hero: The Graphic Novel  (The Heroes of Olympus: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • The Serpent's Shadow: The Graphic Novel (The Kane Chronicles, #3)
  • The Red Pyramid: The Graphic Novel (The Kane Chronicles: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • Percy Jackson
  • The Son of Neptune: The Graphic Novel (The Heroes of Olympus: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • The Throne of Fire: The Graphic Novel  (The Kane Chronicles: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • Unlocked (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #8.5)
  • Comic Book for Blood of Olympus
  • The Shadow Crosser (The Storm Runner, #3)
  • The Storm Runner (The Storm Runner, #1)
  • Kings Of Merlin
  • Junie B.'s Essential Survival Guide to School (Junie B. Jones)
See top shelves…
Rick Riordan is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of many books, including the Percy Jackson series. You can follow him on Twitter and via his official website.

Percy Jackson and the Olympians (5 books)
  • The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)
  • The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2)
  • The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3)
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)
  • The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5)